Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582076 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193125 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven forbid Walker inherit fecklessly run state and take a massive deficit and turn it into a surplus. By the way, how did those recalls work out for liberals?
lol! Well it would appear not everything is hunky dory in Cheeseville!

And if you don't know how the recall ended, I suggest you study up son! Because I know!
Mugsy

United States

#1193126 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
YOUR DEFINITION OF "LAWFUL": ANYTHING YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH... I STARTED TO WRITE A MUCH MORE COMPLEX ANSWER, THEN I REALIZED THIS IS PERFECT JUST AS IT IS...
Evidently he's not getting away with it since it is ubiquitous knowledge. It's still lawful dear.:)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193127 Aug 27, 2014
awwwww.... how cute!!!!

Now the "libertarian" Ron Paul is caught bribing.

Hey! Reich wingers! Isn't that illegal?

"Former Iowa Republican official admits to taking payment for support of Ron Paul’s presidential bid
Kent Sorenson said he was paid $73,000 to switch his allegiance from Michele Bachmann to Ron Paul in 2011
Chris Moody, Yahoo News
By Chris Moody, Yahoo News 9 hours ago Yahoo News

In this Dec. 28, 2011, file photo, Iowa State Senator Kent Sorenson speaks at a rally for Republican presidential candidate, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, at the Iowa State Fair Grounds in Des Moines, Iowa. Sorenson resigned from office Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2013, after investigator Mark Weinhardt’s report concluded Sorenson likely broke ethics rules in receiving $7,500 in monthly income from Rep. Michelle Bachmann’s, R-Minn., political action committee and presidential campaign in exchange for working as Bachmann’s state chair in 2011. The state senator received a $25,000 check from a high-ranking official in Ron Paul’s presidential campaign days before ditching Michele Bachmann to support Paul, and eventually received $73,000 in payments that may be linked to Paul’s campaign, the independent investigator has found.(AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, file)

View photo
In this Dec. 28, 2011, file photo, Iowa State Senator Kent Sorenson speaks at a rally for Republican presidential candidate, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, at the Iowa State Fair Grounds in Des Moines, Iowa. Sorenson resigned from office Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2013, after investigator Mark Weinhardt’s report concluded Sorenson likely broke ethics rules in receiving $7,500 in monthly income from Rep. Michelle Bachmann’s, R-Minn., political action committee and presidential campaign in exchange for working as Bachmann’s state chair in 2011. The state senator received a $25,000 check from a high-ranking official in Ron Paul’s presidential campaign days before ditching Michele Bachmann to support Paul, and eventually received $73,000 in payments that may be linked to Paul’s campaign, the independent investigator has found.(AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, file)

A former Iowa state senator who abandoned then-presidential candidate Michele Bachmann to endorse Ron Paul a week before the 2012 Iowa caucuses has pleaded guilty to “concealing payments” from Paul’s campaign in exchange for his support, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.

In December 2011, state senator Kent Sorenson, then the Iowa chairman for Bachmann’s campaign, made a surprise announcement that he had switched his endorsement to Paul. At the time, Sorenson said he made the decision based on his support for Paul’s policies, but this week he admitted to accepting tens of thousands of dollars from the Paul campaign as part of the deal. According to a DOJ release,“from October to December 2011, he met and secretly negotiated with a second political campaign to switch his support to that second campaign in exchange for concealed payments that amounted to $73,000.”

The payments were delivered in $8,000 installments, which were “concealed by transmitting them to a film production company, then through a second company, and finally to Sorenson and his spouse,” the DOJ statement read.

“An elected official admitted that he accepted under-the-table payments from a campaign committee to secure his support and services for a candidate in the 2012 presidential election,” DOJ Assistant Attorney General Caldwell said in a written statement.

Paul, a Texas Republican who retired from Congress in 2013, went on to place third in the state caucuses behind Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. He continued to campaign through the spring and ended his run in May 2012. Paul’s son, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, is considering his own bid for the presidency in 2016...."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193128 Aug 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
more give aways to the rich from the demorats:
California Would Triple Tax Breaks For Film Production Under Deal
California will triple its tax breaks for entertainment companies doing business in the state, the latest effort to stem a tide of runaway production that has cost billions in revenue in Hollywood's home state under a deal announced on Wednesday. The increase in tax credits, aimed at luring…
Wochit
just one more union subsidy....

entertainment companies would prefer to do business in California, but union rules make this prohibitively expensive.....

does anyone know the basis for "TMZ".....
Mugsy

United States

#1193129 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S OK... I DON'T MIND EXPLAINING MYSELF TO THE SLOW-WITTED... THE POST REFERS TO YOUR PONDEROUS, LEADEN, AND AT TIMES, PAINFUL USE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE... LIKE YOU, I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO ASK ABOUT IT... OUCH, HUH?
Perhaps you should read your illogical bilge then get back to me. You can't even formulate a plausible thought yet alone post anything sententious.
Mugsy

United States

#1193130 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well it would appear not everything is hunky dory in Cheeseville!
And if you don't know how the recall ended, I suggest you study up son! Because I know!
As reiterated before, Wisconsin has a surplus, the unemployment rate went down, and Walker is still the governor. That sounds honky dory to me.
Mugsy

United States

#1193131 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! See son. That's your problem.
You're lost because you don't know what's been happening.
That's what happens when you jump into the middle of something you know very little about.
And that's why a rock is still smarter than you... drugs or no drugs!.
I'm actually lost because of your gibberish and incoherence. Try to be more laconic please?
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193132 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
He's actually not in prison because he isn't breaking any laws. Our legislatures allow for offshore investing whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, write congress to have that changed. Sheltering money is lawful no matter how many times you lie to yourself? As for your last claim, you are seriously one outlandish individual. I love how you say I'm coveting his money when you're the one who brought it up. I don't care about other people's money like you liberals do.
That said, the stuff you are writing is cumbersome borderline weird. Non sensical is more like it.
OH, GOOD HEAVENS... THIS IS LIKE SPARRING WITH A CHILD. YOU BROUGHT UP MR. ROMNEY, THE TAX CHEAT... READ BACK THROUGH YOUR TEDIOUS AND UNWIELDY POSTS, YOU'LL SEE THAT I'M RIGHT ABOUT THIS TOO... YOU CERTAINLY DO COVET NOT JUST HIS MONEY, BUT ALL WEALTH. IT IS THE FILTER THROUGH WHICH YOU SEE THE WORLD AND INDIVIDUALS IN IT. I THINK I JUST READ WHERE YOU WROTE THAT IT IS THE MEANS BY WHICH YOU DETERMINE "CLASS?" SO IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN WHO ARE THESE "ELITES" YOU FOLKS KEEP REFERRING TO? ARE THEY MEMBERS OF YOUR "UPPER CLASS?"

RECENTLY, DEAR, FEDERAL AGENTS DEMANDED THAT SWISS BANKING AUTHORITIES HAND OVER THE NAMES AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION OF U.S. DEPOSITORS. THIS WAS NOT SO THEY COULD SEND THEM CREDIT CARD OFFERS... HARBORING MONEY IN OFF SHORE TAX SHELTERS AND ILLICIT HAVENS IS A TACIT ADMISSION OF CRIMINAL INTENT TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.... THERE IS NO OTHER REASON TO DO SO. MR. ROMNEY IS A THIEF. SO, APPARENTLY ARE YOU...
Mugsy

United States

#1193133 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, GOOD HEAVENS... THIS IS LIKE SPARRING WITH A CHILD. YOU BROUGHT UP MR. ROMNEY, THE TAX CHEAT... READ BACK THROUGH YOUR TEDIOUS AND UNWIELDY POSTS, YOU'LL SEE THAT I'M RIGHT ABOUT THIS TOO... YOU CERTAINLY DO COVET NOT JUST HIS MONEY, BUT ALL WEALTH. IT IS THE FILTER THROUGH WHICH YOU SEE THE WORLD AND INDIVIDUALS IN IT. I THINK I JUST READ WHERE YOU WROTE THAT IT IS THE MEANS BY WHICH YOU DETERMINE "CLASS?" SO IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN WHO ARE THESE "ELITES" YOU FOLKS KEEP REFERRING TO? ARE THEY MEMBERS OF YOUR "UPPER CLASS?"
RECENTLY, DEAR, FEDERAL AGENTS DEMANDED THAT SWISS BANKING AUTHORITIES HAND OVER THE NAMES AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION OF U.S. DEPOSITORS. THIS WAS NOT SO THEY COULD SEND THEM CREDIT CARD OFFERS... HARBORING MONEY IN OFF SHORE TAX SHELTERS AND ILLICIT HAVENS IS A TACIT ADMISSION OF CRIMINAL INTENT TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.... THERE IS NO OTHER REASON TO DO SO. MR. ROMNEY IS A THIEF. SO, APPARENTLY ARE YOU...
First and foremost, you're one to talk. I'm not the one who brought up Romney's pecuniary background because it's irrelevant. That's just another liberal tactic to demonize the opposition because they can't run on their records.

Secondly, I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to fathom that offshore sheltering is legal? I'm fact, I believe Bain still has numerous offshore accounts with them. Amazingly nobody including Mitt aren't in jail for that, which makes you wrong once again. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it unlawful.

That said, keep digging because that's all you're doing. What's funny is that you seem those who want to preserve the money that they make as thieving despite the fact they worked for it. Needless to say, sounds like you are the thief.
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193134 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should read your illogical bilge then get back to me. You can't even formulate a plausible thought yet alone post anything sententious.
YOU'RE HANGING YOURSELF, CHILD, AND NEED NO HELP FROM ME... SENTENTIOUS, INDEED... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... MUGGLES TO HIS WIFE OF 29 PAINFUL YEARS.... "GOOD HEAVENS, AGATHA, YOU'RE GETTING A LITTLE STEATOPYGIOUS AROUND THE OLD CULUS AENI, AREN'T YOU?"....
Mugsy

United States

#1193135 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE HANGING YOURSELF, CHILD, AND NEED NO HELP FROM ME... SENTENTIOUS, INDEED... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... MUGGLES TO HIS WIFE OF 29 PAINFUL YEARS.... "GOOD HEAVENS, AGATHA, YOU'RE GETTING A LITTLE STEATOPYGIOUS AROUND THE OLD CULUS AENI, AREN'T YOU?"....
Another brilliant retort on your part. This is like comedy for me and I appreciate your humorous post. Too funny!
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193136 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another brilliant retort on your part. This is like comedy for me and I appreciate your humorous post. Too funny!
OH GOOD! CAUSE I ENJOY IT TOO! WHAT SHALL WE TALK ABOUT NEXT?...
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193137 Aug 27, 2014
YOU'LL PROBABLY THINK I'M BEING SILLY, MUGGLES, BUT THE NAME SPIRO AGNEW KEEPS POPPING INTO MY HEAD...
Mugsy

United States

#1193138 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
YOU'LL PROBABLY THINK I'M BEING SILLY, MUGGLES, BUT THE NAME SPIRO AGNEW KEEPS POPPING INTO MY HEAD...
Another non sequitur? Bravo!
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193139 Aug 28, 2014
Non sequitur? Not at all, dear... you are as brothers...

"In April 1973, when revelations about Watergate began to surface, Agnew was the choice of 35 percent of Republican voters to be the next Republican nominee for President, while then-California Governor Ronald Reagan was second on the Gallup poll.

Agnew was known for his scathing criticisms of political opponents, especially journalists and anti-war activists. Emulating the "blistering blue barnacles" verbal style of Tintin's Captain Haddock with striking similarity, Agnew attacked his adversaries with relish, hurling unusual, often alliterative epithets, some of which were coined by White House speechwriters William Safire and Pat Buchanan, including "pusillanimous pussyfooters," "nattering nabobs of negativism" (written by Safire) and "hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history."[22] He once described a group of opponents as "an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals.

During his fifth year as Vice President, late in the summer of 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney's office for the District of Maryland, on charges of extortion, tax fraud, bribery, and conspiracy. In October, he was charged with having accepted bribes totaling more than $100,000 while holding office as Baltimore County Executive, Governor of Maryland, and Vice President of the United States. On October 10, 1973, Agnew was allowed to plead no contest to a single charge that he had failed to report $29,500 of income received in 1967, with the condition that he resign the office of Vice President. Nixon replaced him by appointing then House Minority Leader Gerald Ford to the office of Vice President."

But, really, muggles, the parallel I was looking for was scarcely mentioned... you see, Spiro recommended reading the dictionary and memorizing one new word every day..... which he would then go on to use in ponderous and awkward sentences that put your teeth on edge... you remind me so much of the poor fellow...

...and you'll notice he didn't go to jail for bribery and tax fraud either... wanna know why? Same reason your boy doesn't... yet....
1 post removed
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193141 Aug 28, 2014
SPIRO EVEN WON THE BRONZE STAR IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT... I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT.... A REAL CONSERVATIVE ICON THAT FELLOW... PULLING HIMSELF UP BY HIS BOOTSTRAPS AND WHAT HAVE YOU... LIKE YOU HE WORKED AS A JANITOR OR SOMETHING TO PUT HIMSELF THROUGH NIGHT SCHOOL A REAL GO-GETTER... AND LIKE YOU AND YOUR BOY, HE SKIRTED THE LAW IN A PRETTY BALLS OUT FASHION... WITH NO LESS OF A FATHER LOOKING OUT FOR HIM THAN RICHARD NIXON... DEFINITELY A RELATIVE OF YOURS I'M CERTAIN, DEAR...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1193142 Aug 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad the gentle giant didn't decide to join his brothers fighting for ISIS.....
but probably too fat to last more than a few minutes in the desert.....
The Sand Fleas and Camel Jockies would ride him in delight. ISIS loves azzholes:-)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1193143 Aug 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't you one of those commie lovers?
Only if the commie is female and sexy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1193144 Aug 28, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
As reiterated before, Wisconsin has a surplus, the unemployment rate went down, and Walker is still the governor. That sounds honky dory to me.
Honky dory, hard for you baggers to post without thinking racist..Huh loser?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1193145 Aug 28, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what he told them since the Democrats signed off on the war. Boo boo to you!
Just how stupid are you anyways? Sooo you are saying it doesn't matter what a president tells the American people or our elected officials he is at liberty to lie, connive, distort, pretend, spread false fear and if anyone actually believes him then they are responsible for falling for all of that false info???? Even though you attempt to appear smart you fail miserable in response and facts you are a lightweight. But you have a built in excuse you are from Texas...RIGHT. Simply one more Clueless programmed bagger...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 2 min Galt 240
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Dwight Dickum 26,389
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Science 222,250
News Dems risk culture war fight in Charlottesville ... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 59
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 11 min RustyS 13
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 11 min Katrina 1,447
News Is healthcare a Jewish value? NEW 12 min Eric 53
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min ImPeach 287,603
More from around the web