Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496342 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188518 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How about we just go to www.orlandosentinel.com and click on the headline video to learn that there are some totally out of control cops out there.
Your own backyard doll__or so you say__yet you're all concerned with the goings on in a place you couldn't find on a map of St Louis County.
Like that white couple that was torturing those kids in Lakeland? They probably go to her church
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1188519 Aug 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: Polls have proven that Fox News viewers are the least informed. You are a prime example.
FOX is popular just like WII or some other computer game. It is entertainment. Not "News."
FACT?

Do you car to back up your ridiculous assertion?

Really? No? Gee, I wonder why? Could it be that your source has no credibility?

Yep!

Moron.
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1188520 Aug 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So... now you're against capitalism!!!
Flip....
Flop.....!!!!
Any Conservative:¨I disagree with Affirmative Action.¨

Yeah:¨So...now you're for slavery and lynching!!!¨
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188521 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
these fools will never find "justice" in the streets......
more likely end up dead like store robber Brown....
Galt now in fill support of out of control cops? You should be out there marching with them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188522 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He was pacing because he was working off his adrenaline rush, dimwit.
And the "whole" city was not destroyed.
I'd like to see how you would handle "any" huge man who was keeping you from either getting out of or into your car.
lily can't handle her neighbor's dog without calling the cops......
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188523 Aug 19, 2014
full
Patrick

United States

#1188524 Aug 19, 2014
TSM wrote:
I have a solution!! Since the Citizens of Ferguson distrust their Local Police Force I suggest the Citizens of Ferguson Police themselves!!
A complex issue facing America.
Your Middle School solution does not impress

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1188525 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
only racists like scumbag Ghost see a "black side" and a "white side".....
That's all liberals have. They must divide everyone into race, sexual orientation, and party. Liberals are the most raxist people on the planet. They prove it on here every day!
1 post removed
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188527 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were in Vietnam. If you were in combat long enough you would know when someone is dead. As I stated before it depends on where and how busy the M.E. is. I know the libtards and the media are trying to turn this into something it is not.
You become more and more ridiculous every day, first we had Medics to decide the extent of injury, I have seen more than one person get up and walk away after I thought for sure that he was a goner.. I guarantee I would never have left one of my men lay there and bleed for 4 hours.and I guarantee it would not have taken 4 hours to get him medivaced and I'm also sure we were far busier than that place..It's idiots like you that are creating much of the chaos,how many one sided posts have you put up without real facts. Please explain to me how we leave any American lay in the middle of a road for 4 hours, that should be inexcusable for all Americans black or white. I'm not saying that perhaps his actions in part might have led to his own demise, but the police officers are trained to be professional and have the tools to carry that out, you cannot convince me that I couldn't have handled that situation in a better manner. They had separation and the officer had choices, killing him in my opinion as an anger issue.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188528 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo, the little white cop was sceeered of the big black bully! Why didn't the cop call for back up? The cop obviously is incompetent and displayed lack of training. Get in the car and call for back up, tase him, shoot him in the legs; there are various things that could have been done. There is video showing the cop walking back and forth near the dead kid; his actions caused the whole city to be destroyed. He should be fired immediately.
he did, stupid. Anonymous posted the dispatch logs a while ago.

Learn about guns before your rat mouth spews idiocy like "shoot him in the legs".

you're not even interested in facts in situations like this. To you it always comes down to whitey bad, black guy good.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188529 Aug 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???So would any other police officer allow someone to lay in the street for hours? Suppose he wasn't dead, suppose there was hope of survival? Where was rescue? You keep repeating what you have heard and have absolutely no real facts, you are saying what you want the facts to be, which makes you guilty of being a real racist. PERIOD.
The only way for that town to heal is for that cop to be fired; he'd have to be out of his mind to stay in that town anyway. It's over. He's trigger happy and incompetent.

Just close your eyes and imagine if that kid was a big fat white kid and a black cop gunned him down?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188530 Aug 19, 2014
Homer wrote:
6th Amendment to the Constitution -
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.
Show me in the Constitution where cops have the right to shoot the accused in the head. Unarmed mind you.
Homer a Constitutionalist unlike you Rightwingers.
Homer is correct....

just let the gentle giant rob convenience stores at will....

it's in the Constitution.....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188531 Aug 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The witnesses also claim he was shot in back. Unreliable witnesses
You do realize that at least one of the shots to the arm could have been while running away. That could easily be interpreted as being shot in the back.

Of course, you have already decided.
Obumbles the Zero

New York, NY

#1188532 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My son wouldn't be breaking the law, my son doesn't believe everything should be free for him because of the color of his skin. My son wouldn't say that society owes him anything.
The cops are letting it go because they've already been threatened with a million man riot if the law is upheld against those looters. Ain't it wunnerful how the law's hands are tied regarding the black community?
Why don't you go on the Ferguson thread and ask the the black rioters if they are ashamed to hold a town captive to their own egos and greed. All because a clerk was expected to take a robbery laying down and submit to black intimidation.
I'd like to see you deal with an aggressive "entitled", hate filled 300 lb, 6'4" felon, in a rational manner, FULL of adrenaline. In fact, I'd love to see that.
Adrenaline does funny things to a person's perception of time and movement. I bet you've never experienced the fight-or-flight response in your entire life. All the training in the world takes a back seat to the rush of adrenaline, sometimes. Reflex rules the body during times of fear, some of us are quicker than others. That cop was lucky that Michael's fat ass was a microsecond slower than his or he'd be the dead guy in the street surrounded by gloating black robbers.
Dealing with an entitled culture, the cop comes out the bad guy no matter what the end result.
The end result? Libs are asking for more riots by making excuses for thug, criminal behavior in advance. They would have been disappointed had the cop been black. But meanwhile, Libs have a new plan to save money right out of a Sci-Fi movie like Idiocracy:

Why spend money to support a criminal justice system, when issues of guilt and innocence can be determined on television -- and even punishment is being meted out by CNN's showing the home and address of the policeman accused in the Ferguson shooting.

But as far Liberal Lily dealing with a hate filled 300 lb, 6'4" black guy, FULL of adrenaline. You just described her honeymoon. Except that he probably was also drunk and had to put a bag over her face.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188533 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
what kind of parent would allow their child to demonstrate in the street in Ferguson???...
the kind that wants a huge payoff if sumpin were to happen to that "punishment"

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1188534 Aug 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who that is, but if you like her she must be pregnant.
She does the news/business news segments on Imus In The Morning Show. Way to early for left coast people. No offense.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1188535 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I though Lilly "was" the neighbor's dog.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188536 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because that is their job. You want me to go fight with a redneck with a Mohawk haircut and a pitbull? I tried to talk to him, he didn't care, he didn't care when the cops were call countless of times. It was when his dog bit his tenants dog that was on her leash that it ended. The cops said next time he's going to jail.
Mugsy

United States

#1188537 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, put it this way; if they're on here, they're not out killing someone
I'm sorry you are mistaken us conservatives for Neanderthal and uncivilized liberals. The most crime ridden cities are all run by liberals. That said, are you uneducated government handout seeking dolts writing from behind bars. Don't worry though as the Democratic Party will make sure you malefactors in prison are able to vote. After all, criminals, welfare seekers, and the dead make up your voting base.
Joyce

United States

#1188538 Aug 19, 2014
Howie Kurtz criticized some outlets for creating “almost a lynch mob mentality” in Ferguson, MO in the wake of the shooting death of Michael Brown.

“Some liberal outlets [are] creating almost a lynch mob mentality around this, the Huffington Post today, screaming banner headline ‘Arrest Him.’ Now, the Huffington Post, nor you or I, knows exactly what happened” he said. And “when you cross that line into becoming an advocate and to demanding that somebody be prosecuted before the facts are in, while the investigation is going on, you’re grandstanding, you’re trying to keep the story alive and I really think it’s troubling.”

Kurtz also criticized CNN for showing the house of accused officer Darren Wilson, stating,“It defies my understanding how you could put his life or the life of his family in danger by even briefly showing the house or naming the street.”

----------

Even progressive liberals are stepping back a little from other radicalized progressive liberals mob mentality. They should all hang their heads in shame. Business owners scared to report damage and looting because these mobs are violent and law enforcement left them unprotected trying to appease a mob of black rioters who are all hyped up by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Shabazz the New Black Panther leader and of course the Chicago Communist Revolution group. Inciting a riot and promoting criminal behavior.

The business owners should sue the city, police department in Ferguson, Missouri State Police, Gov. Nixon, DOJ since Eric Holder is handling everything now. Ridiculous how this has been managed. Gov. Nixon is a moron and waited through 6 days of violence before interceding everything is crazy like a bunch of imbeciles are running things!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 min Grumpy 5,784
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Rico from East Lo... 412,483
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 6 min Emerald 1,150
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 8 min kuda 121
News New Hampshire Democrat Drops Bid to Head DNC, B... 16 min Retribution 6
News Fearing deportation, undocumented mother seeks ... 17 min HOLLA ISABELLA 87
News Trump voters thrilled with promised action on b... 23 min spud 558
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 3 hr VetnorsGate 2,523
Aren't you scared yet of Trump? 4 hr Here is one 53
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,300
More from around the web