Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1682072 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1184326 Aug 11, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible that the reason Obama won't produce his real birth certificate is that under father it is listed as John Doe. I doubt very seriously that any one can be convinced that the gestation period for a 18 year old female in 1961 was 5 months.
It depends on which hole the gestation took place in.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1184327 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Your analysis of the numbers is the problem.
As you racist f*cks run around blaming black people your ignore that the root of the problem.
If poor people are more likely to commit certain crimes & Blacks are disproportionately poor, then blacks having disproportional crime statistics is not because they are black, its because they are poor.
the same true with education levels & living in impoverished areas in the cities.
But hey, that requires real thought & that is obviously well beyond the ability of the right whiner ignorant racists that post here daily.
dumbass Dave racially stereotyping black folks as poor and uneducated.....

so, dumbass, why are blacks poor and uneducated???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1184328 Aug 11, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if a white guy knocks you into next week? IN Temecula.
Bad shit happens to people like you just out of the blue. No reason at all. Just random.
Won't be me. I'm just hopin' you just GET IT!!
Some way, somewhere. Soon.
Hate goes from white TO white faster than from white TO black because it doesn't have to stop and change color on the way to your face.

most folks don't find violence unless they're looking for it....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1184329 Aug 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The silence of the lambs is becoming deafening.
Hell, even the Pigs squeal when the knife goes in....but the lambs?
"when has he stated that?" Huh? Huh? When? Huh?
STFU and go to slaughter.....you bother me, boy......
so nothing? as usual...
Joyce

United States

#1184330 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Your analysis of the numbers is the problem.
As you racist f*cks run around blaming black people your ignore that the root of the problem.
If poor people are more likely to commit certain crimes & Blacks are disproportionately poor, then blacks having disproportional crime statistics is not because they are black, its because they are poor.
the same true with education levels & living in impoverished areas in the cities.
But hey, that requires real thought & that is obviously well beyond the ability of the right whiner ignorant racists that post here daily.
Then part of the data should include the root cause people are poor I would suggest if we had more people who had jobs and earning a wage to pay their way through life they would have less time and less inclination toward acts of crime and violence. You see crime and unemployment which increases poverty coinciding in conjunction with one another over and over again.
Patrick

United States

#1184331 Aug 11, 2014
RAF Tornado jets are to be sent for possible use in the aid operation in northern Iraq, where many thousands of people are fleeing Islamist fighters.

The Ministry of Defence said the planes would leave RAF Marham in Norfolk within the next 48 hours.

The bombers will not have a combat role, but could carry out surveillance to assist delivery of aid supplies.

Here, the prime minister is resisting pressure to recall Parliament to debate a military role in the Iraq crisis.

David Cameron's spokeswoman said a recall was "not on the cards", while Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond ruled out a combat role for the UK amid growing calls for military involvement.
1 post removed
Patrick

United States

#1184333 Aug 11, 2014
US arms Iraqi Kurds as France makes appeal to EU to mobilise
REUTERS/Ari Jalal
By RFI
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has called on the European Union to respond to calls for arms from Iraq’s beleagured Kurds as they start to make gains against Islamic State fighters who have overrun large swaths of northern and western Iraq.

“It is crucial that the European Union mobilises from today to respond to this appeal for help,” said Fabius in a letter to EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton.

His appeal comes as the US has begun directly providing weapons to Kurdish forces, according to a State Department spokeswoman on Monday.

"We're working with the government of Iraq to increasingly and very quickly get urgently needed arms to the Kurds," Marie Harf told CNN. "This includes the Iraqis providing their own weapons from their own stocks, and we're working to do the same thing from our stocks of weapons that we have."

Fabius’s endorsement of the Kurd’s calls for arms comes a day after he returned from Iraq where he met with Iraqi Kurdish president Massud Barzani and oversaw part of France's humanitarian effort.

Kurdish government officials have meanwhile said they do not want to see foreign troops on the ground, but that weapons support would help them defeat militants.

Three days into US air strikes, Kurdish Peshmerga forces have started to win back areas seized by the radical Sunni group including IS positions in Makhmur District, a region north of Kirkuk, and the town of Gwair.

“I would be very grateful if you could urgently mobilise the member states and the European institutions to respond,” Fabius wrote on the premise that arms and ammunition could help them “confront and beat the terrorist group Islamic State.”

France, along with Britain, has also joined US humanitarian efforts to deliver aid to the Yazidi religious minority sect who were threatened with genocide.

European envoys are also set to meet on Tuesday in Brussels for an emergency meeting on the deepening crisis in Iraq.

A source told AFP that the meeting, officially called by Italy, will most likely not result in any decision on Fabius’s call for action from the 28-member bloc.
Ray Donovan

United States

#1184334 Aug 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave racially stereotyping black folks as poor and uneducated.....
so, dumbass, why are blacks poor and uneducated???...
Dumbassed Dave doesn't want to admit that his beloved democrat party has made sure black folks have been kept poor, uneducated and dependent on government handouts.

We see how democrats treat any black that dares step off the plantation to support conservatism.
1 post removed
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1184336 Aug 11, 2014
Jim Jones wrote:
<quoted text> You sound very smart, Yeah ,I'd like to buy you a drink.
You first.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1184337 Aug 11, 2014
the premature death of Robin Williams should be a cautionary note for those who want to legalize drugs......

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1184338 Aug 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so nothing? as usual...
Right.

Nothing.

As usual.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA......

St. Croix valley

#1184339 Aug 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
the premature death of Robin Williams should be a cautionary note for those who want to legalize drugs......
what do legalized drugs have to do with his death?

are you going to make an ass of yourself on a whole new topic, galt?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1184340 Aug 11, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WANNA BET?....
On what? Denver SF ? US Open? Whether you'll strangle yurself tying yur shoes?

St. Croix valley

#1184341 Aug 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
why is his death premature?

“you know i know”

denver

#1184342 Aug 11, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU LOSIN' NOW, AIN'T YOU HONEY?... HOW IT FEEL?...
I should be losing you, yur weird.
1 post removed

“you know i know”

denver

#1184344 Aug 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening. All business tonight and all week. Not much time for Topix but I can't resist checking in from time to time to see what lamebrain propaganda the reich wing is slinging next. Can't get my head around why the republicans are so full of hate.
Stay tuned for more of BO's lies, hypocrisy, failures, etc. something new every day.

“you know i know”

denver

#1184345 Aug 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Total Disconnect--
Terror threat is up
Putin can't be trusted
North Korea is unstable
ISIS is threatening the US, slaughtering thousands of people and engaging in genocide
Iran is building a nuke
What is your solution Mr President
Obama: Shrink the military
actually it's more golfing, campaigning and lavish vacations with the 1% er's.

“you know i know”

denver

#1184346 Aug 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
China Thwarts U.S. Bid to Ease Tensions in South China Sea
China’s rejection of U.S. and Philippine proposals to regulate countries’ behavior in the South China Sea signaled tensions are likely to persist in one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes.
At a regional security meeting this weekend, China rebuffed a U.S. proposal for nations involved in disputes to voluntarily avoid actions that could be provocative. The proposal, and a similar measure by the Philippines at the Asean Regional Forum in Myanmar, were aimed at breathing life into stalled talks on drafting a code of conduct.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-10/chin...
China tells the US to take a walk.
Barry doesn't know, no one told him.

“you know i know”

denver

#1184347 Aug 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama' support of Hamas and other radical Muslim groups does not poll well....
besides, Hillary knows that Obama will oppose her nomination regardless and wants to fire the first shots.....
Hilarious to watch old Shrillary attack BO, ain't it?

“you know i know”

denver

#1184348 Aug 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Jonathan Krohn
Mount Sinjar stinks of death. The few Yazidis who have managed to escape its clutches can tell you why.
‘Dogs were eating the bodies of the dead,’ said Haji Khedev Haydev, 65, who ran through the lines of Islamic State jihadists surrounding it.
General Ahmed Ithwany, who led the mission, told me:‘It is death mountain. Up to 70 per cent of them are dead.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27214...
Barry pitched in by bombing them with food and water. I think a water bottle dropped from 15,000 ft. might hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump says he's 'like, really smart,' 'a very s... 2 min Red Crosse 455
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Chilli J 51,989
News Members of Haitian community react to Trump's c... 2 min Taletha 368
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 4 min Taletha 127
News Booker slams DHS secretary's 'amnesia' on Trump... 4 min Retribution 37
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min June VanDerMark 326,226
News News 14 Mins Ago Democrat's upset in Wisconsin ... 8 min Red Crosse 4
News EPA to ease emission restrictions on coal-fired... 9 min ITS RIGGED 328
More from around the web