Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1547803 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dogged Pursuit

Providence, UT

#1179464 Aug 3, 2014
Conservative lexicon

1: Terrorist
2. Homeland
3. Patriot
4. Win
5. O'bummer
6. Dirty Libs
7. Christian
8. Israel
9. Terrorist
10. 9/11
11. Patriot
12. Homos
13. Racism
14. Heroes
15. Terrorists
16. Freedom
17. Growth
18. Fetuses
19. The Constitution
20. Family Values

Favorite phrases..

1. If you will
2. Tear down this wall!... No, wait...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1179465 Aug 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
How about light-skinned Negro? Or saying Obama doesn't talk in a Negro dialect unless he wants to?
Is that racist?
Another defender surfaces.
Dogged Pursuit

Providence, UT

#1179466 Aug 3, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, babe. One thing and another, I just haven't found the time to be on here, but if it will help you can abuse yourself repeatedly in my honor.
It's not the same without you.. well... the self-abuse part is.. but you're supposed to be my muse... so... a-muse me!...
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179467 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you vote no because Obama wants it even if it is for the good of this country.
Because nothing Obama does is 'for the good of the country' before it's good for the progressive left.

Then again, idiots like you think legalizing 15 million parasites is ¨for the good of the country.¨

Crab lice -- coming to a public school near you!
Dogged Pursuit

Providence, UT

#1179468 Aug 3, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text> SO am I
Sorry old girl, I didn't see you over there...
Dogged Pursuit

Providence, UT

#1179469 Aug 3, 2014
Heheheheheh, carol hasn't figured out who the imposter is, so it must be harder than she let on...

Chambersburg, PA

#1179470 Aug 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> DumbDave proves once again that he will swallow any sugar coated shit he is spoon feed by the libtard commies.
I'll listen to real climatologists.

Yu keep listening to paid deniers.

I actually care about my children & would not risk their future just to save a GD nickel.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179471 Aug 3, 2014
Dogged Pursuit wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't words we deem "offensive" sweetie... they're words that have been hijacked for political purposes. There's no such thing as a terrorist... unless you want to include the Mossad, and Delta Force in there?... Nobody is terrified that I know except carol and a bunch of landless peasants! Or are you currently terrified? If. as I argue, there is no such thing as a terrorist then it stands to reason that the over-use of the word "terrorism" is nothing more than a political ploy... Time to shut that down...
You know what’s Dangerous is one that’s Uninform/Clueless as you seem to Be!! I know in your Loony World Terrorist or Freedom Fighter…Right?
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179472 Aug 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the hypocrite idiot with 100 socks. With each a little more twisted and dumber than the last
¨I have thousands of friends and fans.¨-- Grey Ghost

No one (except the dumbest of the pinko posters) believes a word of the BS you type, despite what they may type to the contrary.

Chambersburg, PA

#1179473 Aug 3, 2014
flack wrote:
In 2013, John Cook, an Australia-based blogger, and some of his friends reviewed abstracts of peer-reviewed papers published from 1991 to 2011. Mr. Cook reported that 97% of those who stated a position explicitly or implicitly suggest that human activity is responsible for some warming. His findings were published in Environmental Research Letters.
Mr. Cook's work was quickly debunked. In Science and Education in August 2013, for example, David R. Legates (a professor of geography at the University of Delaware and former director of its Center for Climatic Research) and three coauthors reviewed the same papers as did Mr. Cook and found "only 41 papers—0.3 percent of all 11,944 abstracts or 1.0 percent of the 4,014 expressing an opinion, and not 97.1 percent—had been found to endorse" the claim that human activity is causing most of the current warming. Elsewhere, climate scientists including Craig Idso, Nicola Scafetta, Nir J. Shaviv and Nils- Axel Morner, whose research questions the alleged consensus, protested that Mr. Cook ignored or misrepresented their work.
Rigorous international surveys conducted by German scientists Dennis Bray and Hans von Storch —most recently published in Environmental Science & Policy in 2010—have found that most climate scientists disagree with the consensus on key issues such as the reliability of climate data and computer models. They do not believe that climate processes such as cloud formation and precipitation are sufficiently understood to predict future climate change.
Surveys of meteorologists repeatedly find a majority oppose the alleged consensus. Only 39.5% of 1,854 American Meteorological Society members who responded to a survey in 2012 said man-made global warming is dangerous.
Finally, the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change—which claims to speak for more than 2,500 scientists—is probably the most frequently cited source for the consensus. Its latest report claims that "human interference with the climate system is occurring, and climate change poses risks for human and natural systems." Yet relatively few have either written on or reviewed research having to do with the key question: How much of the temperature increase and other climate changes observed in the 20th century was caused by man-made greenhouse-gas emissions? The IPCC lists only 41 authors and editors of the relevant chapter of the Fifth Assessment Report addressing "anthropogenic and natural radiative forcing."
Of the various petitions on global warming circulated for signatures by scientists, the one by the Petition Project, a group of physicists and physical chemists based in La Jolla, Calif., has by far the most signatures—more than 31,000 (more than 9,000 with a Ph.D.). It was most recently published in 2009, and most signers were added or reaffirmed since 2007. The petition states that "there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of ... carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate."
We could go on, but the larger point is plain. There is no basis for the claim that 97% of scientists believe that man-made climate change is a dangerous problem.
Mr. Bast is president of the Heartland Institute. Dr. Spencer is a principal research scientist for the University of Alabama in Huntsville and the U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer on NASA's Aqua satellite.
Flack still flailing.

Note how now the deniers switch from man having no effect on the climate to now denying catastrophic effects.

Make up your mind, Flack. Are you admitting man made global warming?
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179474 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll listen to real climatologists.
Yu keep listening to paid deniers.
I actually care about my children & would not risk their future just to save a GD nickel.
A nickel? You stupid fk.

Economics professors Fuhai Hong and Xiaojian Zhao constructed "a mathematical model to suggest that exaggerating consequences can have positive impacts by getting people to 'do the right thing.'"

There's also this statement: "Our key result — that over-pessimism alleviates the under-participation problem — implies that the propaganda of climate skepticism may be detrimental to the society." So maybe they would "never advocate lying on climate change," yet they approve of using propaganda and silencing or marginalizing skeptics?

In other words, BILLIONS of dollars are to made off of guilt-ridden idiots like you and the people feeding you 'do the right thing' idiots the climate change propaganda know it.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179475 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another defender surfaces.
Answer the fkn question, coward.

You dirtbags have a racial double-standard. Plantation politics. Vote democrat or you're an Uncle Tom or Tio Tomas.

A documented racist VP, and a documented racist Senate Majority Leader. Nice.
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179476 Aug 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
¨Dumb¨ is missing the point.
Then again you progs with your good intentions can't see the forest OR the trees.
TB...coming to a neighborhood school near you!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1179477 Aug 3, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
No one (except the dumbest of the pinko posters) believes a word of the BS you type, despite what they may type to the contrary.
I will sleep well tonight knowing the last six years of my life haven't been spent whining at my computer about a president that only a dumbass would blame for their miserable life.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1179478 Aug 3, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Envy must be a terrible thing, as if I or anyone gives a flying flip what you think or believe. Your words carry less weight than any other poster on here dumbass. You have reduced your pitiful sockaholic, worthless, lying carcass to that of being totally irrelevant. The village idiot, that be you.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1179479 Aug 3, 2014
Seriously???

"Jewish human rights group The Simon Wiesenthal Center on Wednesday called for the United Nations Human Rights Council to investigate the deaths of the 160 Gazan children who died building Hamas’s terror tunnels into Israel."

8/3/2014, GAZA: "Israel carried out fresh attacks on southern Gaza Strip amidst a hunt for one of its missing soldiers believed to be captured by Hamas, as the new wave of violence raised the Palestinians toll to 1669...Children make up for 30 per cent of the civilian casualties,” said the UN children’s agency Unicef."

When will we hold israel accountable for THEIR crimes against humanity”?
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179480 Aug 3, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman - 10

Those obsessed with Waxman - 0
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1179481 Aug 3, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the fkn question, coward.
You dirtbags have a racial double-standard. Plantation politics. Vote democrat or you're an Uncle Tom or Tio Tomas.
A documented racist VP, and a documented racist Senate Majority Leader. Nice.
Take a pill idiot, quit slobbering all over the keys you miserable lowlife cretin. Only in your mind do you even exist.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1179482 Aug 3, 2014
Some people have the nerve to say what others are only thinking:

"John Hearne, a councilman representing the Sinn Fein party in the southeastern city of Waterford, said in a July 18 radio interview that he believed the United Nations should start shelling Israel in a bid to end the latest Israel-Hamas conflict in the Gaza Strip."

http://www.timesofisrael.com/sinn-fein-rebuke...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1179483 Aug 3, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You gonna justify their bombing UN facilities 72 hours after their soldier disappeared??
Typical of morons.
They are committing genocide on an imprisoned population.
Most of the world is against Israeli behavior. Jews worldwide are in greater danger due to Israeli massacres of Palestinians.
Leaving America isolated among nations.
And you wonder why we're unpopular??
The world sees us as aiding Israeli genocide.
Obama can't stop it. The Jews run America.
It's justified if weapons and rockets are stored there. Rockets were found in other UN schools.
The population imprisoned themselves with aggressive behavior. The Gaza strip was returned to them and they decided to use it for rocket launches.
The world you speak of (Europe) has always been anti-Semite. No surprise. Their anti-Semitism caused the Zionist movement to begin with. You can't separate the two.
Jews run America? Really? Is that an anti-Semite statement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Bullwinkle 274,224
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Subduction Zone 221,475
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 19 min Cordwainer Trout 20
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 20 min RiccardoFire 6,655
News Hillary just as unpopular as she was after elec... 23 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 5
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 33 min Lawrence Wolf 146
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 39 min Pres Donald J Tru... 26,313
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 42 min Toxic Repub Toxins 484
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 57 min Lawrence Wolf 981
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 58
More from around the web