Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658350 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172714 Jul 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hafez al-Assad, or The Islamic State , what a terrible Choice.
Russia and Iran back Assad?
President Obama Administration working with Iraq's government.
Iran backing Iraq's government.
Russia controlling the Eastern Ukraine
EU and US against Russia
Israel at war in Gaza in a war Israel most likely will not win in any important sense .
Chaos
Yes, I agree, it's a terrible choice. A dictator or an Islamic dictator; however, who are we to know or try to impose US style democracy on these countries; it doesn't seem to work, and if it ever does, they need decades to do so. The average people suffer from their leaders power hungry regimes. It's sad. I was in Syria in 1982. I had never heard gunfire, it was going on all night and all day. Was Haffez Assad right in eliminating the extremists? Maybe he was.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1172715 Jul 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>m
CAROL... NOTHING YOU CAN EVER SAY ERASES THE REALITY THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CANCER-MAN'S INSURANCE COVERS... DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU CAN'T LECTURE US ABOUT NEBUCHADNEZZAR WHEN YOU ALREADY TOLD US!!!! YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS IN YOUR OWN INSURANCE POLICY RIGHT IN YOUR OWN HOME!!!.. DON'T YOU GET IT????
I make it a habit not to engage in reasonable conversation with the delusional who talk crazy talk.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172716 Jul 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
The U.S. says it has "new evidence" that Russian forces have been firing artillery across the border to attack Ukrainian military positions, and that Moscow is planning to ship powerful rocket artillery to the rebels it backs in the country's east.
"We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple rocket launchers to the separatist forces in Ukraine, and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russia to attack Ukrainian military positions," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said during a daily briefing.
"I can't tell you what the information is based on," Harf said.
The remarks come as the European Union agreed to add 15 people and 18 companies or other organizations to a sanctions list aimed at Moscow, according to Reuters.
However, the agreement came only after EU ambassadors were unable to reach a deal on broader sanctions that would have targeted whole sectors of the Russian economy, according to the news agency.
This is a very dangerous situation; glad we have a President who is not a hot head.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172717 Jul 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Obamas are the Kardashians of politics.....
And you are the Archie Bunker.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1172718 Jul 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
YOU SEE, CAROL, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE LONELY AND WANT DESPERATELY TO BE SEEN AS A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER OF A GROUP... BUT THIS AIN'T THE ONE, HONEY.... YOU'RE NOT EVEN A DRONE IN THE HIVE, SWEETIE...
Well, that's true...about not being a drone in the hive. Realtime said I was the Queen Bee.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172719 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your head. Only in your head. The Tea Party has never claimed to be a political party. They are too busy feeding off the GOP tete.
the Republican base wants to depose the Chamber of Commerce types who want government subsidies and cheap illegal alien labor......

the so-called "Tea Party" is just one expression of that movement....

meanwhile you DemoKKKrats are being taken over by Jew-hating blacks and Muslims....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172720 Jul 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tea Party" implies a political party, and there is none....
as with Romney's victory in 2012.. nd there is none....
LOL
does Patsy support Israel....or Hamas?????.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172721 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on Israelis and Palestinians to stop the fighting that has been raging for the past two weeks and return to dialogue with the aim of addressing the underlying causes of the cycles of violence that continue to plague them.
“My message to Israelis and Palestinians is the same: Stop fighting. Start talking. And take on the root causes of the conflict, so we are not back to the same situation in another six months or a year,” Mr. Ban said in remarks to the press with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Tel Aviv.
“WE MUST ADDRESS THESE UNDERLYING ISSUES - INCLUDING MUTUAL RECOGNITION, OCCUPATION, DESPAIR AND THE DENIAL OF DIGNITY - SO PEOPLE DO NOT FEEL THEY HAVE TO RESORT TO VIOLENCE AS A MEANS OF EXPRESSING THEIR GRIEVANCES."
Got that? OCCUPATION, DESPAIR AND DENIAL OF DIGNITY FORCES PEOPLE TO RESORT TO VIOLENCE.
The world must hold israel accountable. They are not innocent victims. They are the abusers.
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp...
Israel has historically ignored UN resolutions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172722 Jul 24, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes you say the stupidest things
do NYC Bocajew DemoKKKrats like Wasserman-Test support Hamas.....

Senator Schumer (D-NY) supports Israel....
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172723 Jul 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I make it a habit not to engage in reasonable conversation with the delusional who talk crazy talk.
YOU MEAN.. LIKE... PRAYER?... SO WHAT'RE WE ARGUING ABOUT?
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1172724 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
This is a very dangerous situation; glad we have a President who is not a hot head.
No, he is a pot head and we are on autopilot thanks to morons like you who voted for the Teleprompter Stooge.

All you morons have is Bush and the Iraq War. You repeat that over and over, yet thanks to you now we have:

- A McJobs Economy

- A Food Stamp President

- A lower standing in the world

- Approaching 20T in national debt

- More divisiveness, not healing, hope or change (unless a change for the worse is what you wanted)

- Government agencies persecuting people

- Less transparency in Govt

- More debt and a lower standard of living for our future generations

- Uncontrolled borders

- The worst president since WWII according to the polls

The list goes on and on

Great going libs!
Patrick

United States

#1172725 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree, it's a terrible choice. A dictator or an Islamic dictator; however, who are we to know or try to impose US style democracy on these countries; it doesn't seem to work, and if it ever does, they need decades to do so. The average people suffer from their leaders power hungry regimes. It's sad. I was in Syria in 1982. I had never heard gunfire, it was going on all night and all day. Was Haffez Assad right in eliminating the extremists? Maybe he was.
Happy we are not involved.
President Obama is reading the wishes of the American people well in this regard.
Help them move towards cease fire is about all we can do?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172726 Jul 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, carol, you don't even have to respond to me for the poison to do it's work... more and more you'll feel the tiredness in your mind... the aching pain in your joints, your knees, your back.... it's what I do...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172727 Jul 24, 2014
...and I am EVER so good at it, dear....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172728 Jul 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Israel is only responding to being attacked. It is Hamas who places their missile launchers in school, homes, and mosques. The leaders can always be replaced. Your simplistic view of the situation is blinding you (as all libtards) to the truth. Israel would live in peace if the attacks would stop.
You are simplistic if you really believe that Israel wants to make peace; The biggest issue is the "right of return" of those Palestinians living in Lebanon and Jordan and Egypt, wherever they are, if they were born there, they should have their birth right returned. The Israelis will never agree to that as they will be outnumbered.
The Israelis will never agree to a two state solution.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172729 Jul 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
......so you think Ayn Rand, educated woman that she was, would be impressed by this pathetic post?
Have you ever read Ayn Rand?
Ayn Rand would be the last person to demand or expect robotic groupthink agreement with her ideas as shown by you Obamabots to your Leader.......

Ayn Rand was all about individuality over the state or societal pressure groups......
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172730 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
One can only imagine how many countries we would be at war with today if that idiot McCain were president, or Graham or any bagger.. Thank you Obama, for being Cool hand Luke as opposed to Hot headed Sam. These baggers get more paranoid and crazed each day..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172731 Jul 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, carol, you don't even have to respond to me for the poison to do it's work... more and more you'll feel the tiredness in your mind... the aching pain in your joints, your knees, your back.... it's what I do...
Do it Devil, put the witch in the ditch.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172732 Jul 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
even that response was too much....

just let Ghost play with himself....as usual....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1172733 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Just think how much the Palestinians could have achieved if we had directed those billions of dollars to them instead of israel.
Yes. They could've purchased children for sex and marriage to a degree never before see.

I just listened to a story two days ago about how 50 year old men buy 13 year old girls for "marriage". When they get pregnant, they are abandoned - or worse.

Allah Akbar. Welfare is Good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min NotSoDivineMsM 46,788
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) 49 min Breast Cancet 76
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brudduh Z 322,234
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 hr Bongo 1,629
News FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trum... 1 hr ardith 52
News Will Donald Trump be invited to the royal wedding? 1 hr ardith 100
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 1 hr The Troll Stopper 114
News Trump should resign amid sexual assault claims:... 2 hr inbred Genius 55
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Frindly 14,869
More from around the web