Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567013 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163338 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Try not to judge all people with stereotyping.
However, I do agree with you when it comes to Little Miss Nancy Pelosi who said she'd love to take all of them home with her. Why hasn't someone suggested she pay for their hotel rooms and food service?
It's the same liberal bleeding heart mentality. Empty words of compassion as long as it's someone else's problem.
Yours are the emptiest words of compassion on this thread.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163339 Jul 8, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
agree
President Obama did not invite them here
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163340 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you really not feed a hungry child because of Obama's criminal violation of the US immigration law?
Starving a child isn't going to make him a less incompetent president.
If you asked me to grab a pitchfork and storm the castle, you'd probably have to try and beat me there. But I could never let a child go hungry because of the gross incompetence inside the castle.
I really don't think you could either.
to begin with, the Obama crowd will never let you church ladies within a mile of their new voters....

just try to get in to one of the voter education centers....

you are fools, being used for their political agenda....

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1163341 Jul 8, 2014
But, but, Oblamer has the terrorists on the run, he said so..........

Guess Holder didn't get the news..........

Holder Warns of Syria Terror Threat Spreading to Europe, U.S.
U.S. and European authorities must combat a “global crisis” of Islamic extremists traveling to Syria and returning home as potential terrorists, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said.“The United States and countries around the world face a new threat -– the possibility that violent extremists…
Bloomberg

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1163342 Jul 8, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
They already are a burden to taxpayers and no one is suggesting starving the immigrants.
Have you seen the literature prepared by the administration that not only outlines but BOASTS about all the benefits that await these border jumpers?
Of course, I know. This administration wants to overwhelm the system. It's what Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" was all about. And Obama was a good student. Many of us tried to convince those on the left this was the progressive liberal objective very early on.

What is happening should come as no surprise. We all knew things would have to get really, really bad before it could start getting better again back in 2012.

And here we are. Things could get worse - like if, God forbid, we're attacked again - but things are pretty bad now.

This administration is not doing anything to fix the problem and a lot of Americans are very angry and frustrated by his apparent inability to solve any problem.

But unless someone has an overnight and simple solution to fixing this problem, we're going to have to deal with it until something gives.

Attacking people who feel it's the humane thing to do to help these people in the meantime isn't going to do anything to solve the problem.

The problem, in other words, is much bigger than the present crisis. And it's either going to turn the majority against the progressive liberal movement or we're screwed.

Plain and simple.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163343 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to need all the "excess baggage" you can carry to win back the Senate and the presidency in 2016.
So bite your tongue and get over yourself.
Otherwise, I'm going to have to start seeing you as part of the problem and not the solution too. Right along with progressive liberals.
Divisiveness is not attractive, Galt, especially by fellow conservatives. Please stop this high and mighty nonsense. You're losing perspective in your frustration.
the religious "right" (a/k/a anti-abortion liberals) costs Conservatives more votes than it provides.....

Reagan and both Bushes understood this and avoided talking about your ridiculous fixation on abortion and birth control.....

and you church people abandoned Romney because of his religion....

so, go ahead and vote for the big government that you like....

Location hidden

#1163344 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to begin with, the Obama crowd will never let you church ladies within a mile of their new voters....
just try to get in to one of the voter education centers....
you are fools, being used for their political agenda....
I understand the situation perfectly. Obama said he would make Texas a blue state, and I said the day after the election in 2008, our country had been hijacked.

Obama doesn't care about these children any more than he cares about anything in this country. He doesn't even like America that much. He cares about his party having power and control by any means necessary and at any cost.

But what are we supposed to do with these people, mostly children, in the meantime?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163345 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the side of common sense and rationality - which is quickly fading away in this country. Don't make it worse.
This is just Obama having no idea what to do about anything. Keep your anger focused on the real problem and the real solution which is voting this liberal mentality out of our lives once and for all in November. Let Obama wallow in this mess. It's hurting the liberals more than conservatives. We'll get through this crisis. But let's not lose focus on who and what the real problem is.
All we can do is wait and see if he's going to solve it or make it worse.
And things can't get much worse than they are now.
I'm frankly more concerned about the leader of ISIS claiming Iraq an Islamic state and the unthinkable happening again.
you fools can't see that Obama knows exactly what he is doing and is playing on your weakness and sloppy sentimentality to destroy America.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163346 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't these children eat while waiting for a solution?
If they get deported, will it really empty the taxpayers' wallets if they go home on a full stomach?
If they do become a burden on taxpayers, it's only going to hurt Democrats.
You and I want a secure border. But I see the problem as being bigger than just US keeping THEM out. They want a better life and are desperate.
If you were a Mexican wanting a better life, I'd say the same thing about you.
So sue me if I'm on the fence about immigration. Always have been. But I hate this problem as much as you do but for probably different reasons.
listen up, fool.....

they will never be deported.....

they are stealing the future of your children .....

and you are helping them....
Also Sprach

United States

#1163347 Jul 8, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary Clinton's latest memoir, Hard Choices, drops to No. 22 on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list, a title sharply critical of Clinton, Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas,lands at No. 17.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2014...
It's a well known but unreported fact that WFOTC wealthy friends of the Clinton's have bought cases of the books to keep it on the list.

Klein's book that exposes the Clinton/Obama feud (putting it mildly) among other things has brought the character bashing critics out in droves. The glaring irony is that while Klein is being excoriated, no one is disputing the allegations in his book.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163348 Jul 8, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Elizabeth Warren is going to be your nominee.
one can only hope.....

Elizabeth Warren is a church lady who admits to being a leftwinger....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163349 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Galt...and shinning too...let's try and stay calm and focus on who created these problems.
Our anger and frustration is all going in the same direction.
Not at each other.
consorting with the enemy is a hanging offense......
Also Sprach

United States

#1163350 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you fools can't see that Obama knows exactly what he is doing and is playing on your weakness and sloppy sentimentality to destroy America.....
Watch as many on the Christian-hating left now become friends of Jesus (Christ, not Lopez).

Location hidden

#1163351 Jul 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours are the emptiest words of compassion on this thread.
Actually, no. Nancy Pelosi's words of compassion are the emptiest.

Pelosi didn’t say anything about the parents of these children respecting the United State’s immigration laws. But she did say, "I wish I could take them all home with me."

However, the multimillionaire didn't offer one penny of her own money to help the taxpayers after she supported leaving them on their doorsteps.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163352 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the situation perfectly. Obama said he would make Texas a blue state, and I said the day after the election in 2008, our country had been hijacked.
Obama doesn't care about these children any more than he cares about anything in this country. He doesn't even like America that much. He cares about his party having power and control by any means necessary and at any cost.
But what are we supposed to do with these people, mostly children, in the meantime?
send them home, immediately......
Also Sprach

United States

#1163353 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea the undocumented democrats would be starved?

Location hidden

#1163354 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
listen up, fool.....
they will never be deported.....
they are stealing the future of your children .....
and you are helping them....
Well then, what the hell is your solution?

Seriously.

We're all angry. You don't get to have a monopoly on being more angry than anyone else because you don't have a solution in the meantime.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163355 Jul 8, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch as many on the Christian-hating left now become friends of Jesus (Christ, not Lopez).
who put the born-again evangelicals in the megachurches in charge of defining Christianity???....

the churches with preachers who were clerks at Walmart with no education before they ordained themselves....and started conning the losers for buckets of money.....

Location hidden

#1163356 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
send them home, immediately......
That would definitely solve the problem. But you and I both know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

So now what?

Location hidden

#1163357 Jul 8, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea the undocumented democrats would be starved?
Who would feed them in Murietta if not for the churches? Has the government provided them any money?

What's your solution in the meantime? Besides deporting them immediately - which is a solution but it ain't gonna happen tonight and maybe never.

The best solution is to vote out every single Democrat in November and let a Republican-controlled Congress figure out how to clean up Obama's mess.

Unless you have a better idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Dishonorable Smear Of Chuck Hagel: A Warrio... (Jan '13) 4 min C Kersey 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Trumpler 17,671
News House to consider ban on transgender surgery fo... 12 min Reich Wingers 249
News Some urge Boehner: let Dems pass fiscal cliff bill (Dec '12) 22 min C Kersey 9
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 34 min The FACTory 222,033
News Republican 'stages armed coup' at Tea Party org... (Dec '12) 34 min C Kersey 34
News Trump intensifies criticism of his own attorney... 38 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 52 min Quirky 599
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 280,146
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 242,123
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 2 hr IMpeach Now 164
More from around the web