Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1758884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1160006 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that lily was quoting the kook Allan Grayson.
This from the idiot who supported the illlegal actions at the Bundy Ranch..........

You mean another Democrat you're scared to death of.

Like you are of Hillary!!

Location hidden

#1160007 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The moron-Nuc-who thinks his personal opinions of others trumps facts has arrived.
Let's see your facts. LOL

You're running away again, you filthy little liar.

Let's see your 'facts'.

Oh, you don't have any!! You're just talking thru your fat fanny again.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1160008 Jul 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Muslim Terrorists Crossing US/Mexican Border Leave Their Prayer Rug Behind
Posted on 2 July, 2014 by AmyElizabeth
A local news station found Border Patrol documents that indicated that thousands of OTMs —“Other Than Mexicans”— have been caught crossing the Mexican border into the U.S., including some known terrorists.
But since that report, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has DENIED that there is any “credible evidence” that any terrorists have crossed over.
So the reporter took another look — and the evidence he found is even worse than originally revealed.
He found that 300 terrorists from the Somali Al Queda group Al-Shabaab — the group behind the terror attack at the Kenyan shopping mall last September – have entered the U.S. and are unaccounted for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
More of those "poorly crafted ponchos", eh Obama?
Aw, c'mon......these are just Magic Negro's friends coming over for White House Dog Dinners. Nothing to worry about.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1160009 Jul 2, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>actually two had dual American and Israeli citizenship.
I was aware one was, but now two of three boys killed by Hamas were dual citizens.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1160010 Jul 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the idiot who supported the illlegal actions at the Bundy Ranch..........
You mean another Democrat you're scared to death of.
Like you are of Hillary!!
For some reason folks here like sharing jabs with Ghost. Don't understand why, but the way it is.

Nuc's insults sound like desperate cries for someone to pay attention to him.

*yawn*

Location hidden

#1160011 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was aware one was, but now two of three boys killed by Hamas were dual citizens.
You have proof they were killed by HAMAS, or are you just talking thru your ass again??

The latter. I thought so.
In The Right

United States

#1160012 Jul 2, 2014
BS Headline from Reuters

¨Anti-immigration protesters block undocumented migrants in California¨

These people are not ¨anti-immigration¨ they are anti-ILLEGAL immigration Americans.

These illegal immigrants are NOT ¨undocumented migrants¨. Migrants go home.

Progressive democrats can't open their mouths without lying.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1160013 Jul 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
We should all be concerned about the federal government and this administration's overreach of power to the point of dictating what private insurance companies MUST provide, what the private sector MUST cover and what all citizens MUST adhere to.
This was a massive health care tax law passed without a shred of bipartisanship or the majority's approval. It's already proving to be one big mess.
The IRS is even involved. It couldn't be more of a confusing mess. But chances are I'll be proven wrong. It might become a much bigger confusing mess.
"You'd have to prove where you think I'm lacking in my knowledge of history. Just one example."

Wow, what a challenge! Where shall we begin?
I have to leave, but I'm sure my compatriots will be happy to oblige.
Not that it will matter, they've been doing so for 6 years to no avail.
Can't help the willfully ignorant

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1160014 Jul 2, 2014
LIBERALS IMPORT VOTES wrote:
You know things are bad when a liberal rag like Mother Jones admits that the democrats have consistently failed the middle class. Today, MJ scribe Kevin Drum penned a piece called: If Democrats Want to Appeal to the Working Class, They Really Need Some Policies That Benefit the Working Class. Not the snappiest title, but it gets to the point that democrats are no friend to the working productive people in our society.
The article starts out with the flawed liberal idea that working class people vote against their own interests. It is a widely held belief on the left that working and middle class Americans vote for Republicans even though conservative politicians and policies are allegedly harmful to them.
Give Kevin Drum some credit for asking the question and offering an honest answer:
Why is it that the working class often votes against its own economic interests? Well, let’s compare the sales pitches of the Republican and Democratic parties when it comes to pocketbook issues:
Republicans: We will lower your taxes.
Democrats: We, um, support policies that encourage a fairer distribution of growth and….and….working man….party of FDR….um….
That’s a pretty awesome admission that democrat’s wacko special interests are completely at odds with the needs and wants of the middle class. But he takes it even further:
There are two problems with the Democratic approach. First, it’s too abstract to appeal to anyone. Second, it’s not true anyway. Democrats simply don’t consistently support concrete policies that help the middle class. Half of them voted for the bankruptcy bill of 2005. They’ve done virtually nothing to stem the growth of monopolies and next to nothing to improve consumer protection in visible ways. They don’t do anything for labor. They’re soft on protecting Social Security. They bailed out the banks but refused to bail out underwater homeowners. Hell, they can’t even agree to kill the carried interest loophole, a populist favorite if ever there was one.
Drum goes on to point out how democrats make all sorts of attempts to help the poor, but falls short of pointing out that none of those things actually do help the poor. He does get it right when he observes that all of the democrat-sponsored programs do not benefit,“the working or middle classes except at the margins.”
The democrat response to ignoring the middle class is to try to woo them over with a message of environmentalism. Drum points out what a catastrophic strategy this is:
I’m all for that. But you don’t have to play 11-dimensional chess to figure out how Republicans will respond. They’ll say that Democrats want to raise your taxes. They’ll say Democrats want to take away your plastic bags. They’ll say Democrats want to make us all drive tiny cars or take the train everywhere. In coal country they’ll say Democrats want to take away your jobs.
And then Democrats will wonder yet again why a big chunk of the working class votes for Republicans.
"...democrats make all sorts of attempts to help the poor...but none of those things actually do help the poor..."

This simple statement is ignored by most liberals who think their party really does care about the poor. Their party helps the poor just enough to keep them above the poverty line...and not always even then.

As the writer of this article pointed out, it's at the middle class' expense who are struggling to keep from becoming the poor who the Democrats want to help.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1160015 Jul 2, 2014
I am headed outside to get the yard ready for our fireworks display. I really enjoy celebrating the Fourth of July.

Hope you all have plans for the holiday--picnics, camping, neighborhood gatherings, etc.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1160016 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitchhiking in those areas is a common practice, but it's dangerous. How many Palestinian kids have been killed by the Israelis? It never ends. Will never end.

Location hidden

#1160017 Jul 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The show of weakness in Syria on the part of this president and the vacuum that was left there is directly responsible for the now even greater crisis in Iraq.
Your apparent inability to see the much bigger picture is, frankly, quite astonishing.
You're such a poor liar.

Want the truth?? Ignore the lyinc CINO, Carol.

Repugnetards blocked Obama from acting in Syria, you freakin' liar.

""House Republicans Say Voters Oppose Intervention""

""Representative Tom Cole started hearing it in the morning when he went to grab coffee.

“I was just at Starbucks, and a woman there recognized me,” he told a Chamber of Commerce gathering here.“She said,‘Everybody here’s a no on Syria.’”

Mr. Cole, a six-term Republican, would seem a potential candidate to support President Obama on Syria. A pragmatic Congressional veteran, he has been open to compromise with the White House in the past and is not afraid to break with House conservatives. But after portraying himself as leaning against a strike, Mr. Cole on Thursday afternoon came down firmly in the opposition when his office issued a statement announcing that he would vote no.

Given the intensity of opposition in his district, he said it would take a “road to Damascus experience” to change his mind now.“I literally cannot walk across the parking lot without being stopped to talk about this issue,” he said.“I haven’t seen anything quite like this.”

He is hardly alone. Fewer than a dozen House Republicans, a total that includes the top two leaders, have publicly said they would back the president on a military strike, making the White House climb to a House majority exceedingly steep given significant Democratic resistance as well. Not only is the administration not winning over Republicans, it lost at least one it had. Representative Michael G. Grimm, Republican of New York, said Thursday that he was reversing his support.“The moment to show our strength has passed,” he said.""

----------

The President wanted to take action. Your Party let the Syria war get to the point it is at now.

That is an irrefutable fact.

Let's see more of your lies, fake Christian, fake woman.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1160018 Jul 2, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron logic.
You idiots forgot to factor in the massive armed security around the White House. Any idea what it would take to duplicate that security on our boarders?
LMAO!!!
So why the fence? Knowing nitwits like you would be stymied by a fence, I have to figure at least some of the Mexicans would turn around. These illegal aliens Obama has invited don't even have to negotiate a turnstile.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1160019 Jul 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proof they were killed by HAMAS, or are you just talking thru your ass again??
The latter. I thought so.
Carol wants proof of her lack of historical knowledge; game on. I'm sure you'll be happy to oblige.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1160020 Jul 2, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true; the religious zealots, like Carol, love this type of maneuver. The evangelical fanatics are continuously on a quest to chip away at women's rights. They are also on a mission to dismantle public education so they can indoctrinate children with religion.
It's a dangerous path, because if it can be done with Christianity, it can be done for all religions and before you know it we have become a theocracy.
Remember the Catholics claiming that the child molester priests were protected by Cannon Law?
Since when has it become a woman's right to force others to pay for her sex life?

Get a brain, Bimbo.
In The Right

United States

#1160021 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason folks here like sharing jabs with Ghost. Don't understand why, but the way it is.
*yawn*
LOL...ya think?

An ignored Nuc will disappear much sooner than an engaged Nuc, so yes, you are correct...desperate.

Ghost has a track record of tall tales and an inability to do much more than brown nose and sling juvenile insults.

Location hidden

#1160022 Jul 2, 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1160023 Jul 2, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So the woman who cannot take birth control pills and whose doctor recommends and IUD, cannot obtain one through Hobby Lobbys insurance; since she probably only makes $8.00 an hour, the device would probably cost her a months pay. I hope that woman sues Hobby Lobby.
Take a few deep breaths and listen up.

Hobby Lobby provides 16 other forms of contraceptive pills. Only four were objectionable to their beliefs which the Supreme Court upheld on Constitutional grounds.

Hobby Lobby raised its minimum wage to $14 an hour.

Now don't you feel just a little bit used by the propagandists by helping them spread lies?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1160024 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
I am headed outside to get the yard ready for our fireworks display. I really enjoy celebrating the Fourth of July.
Hope you all have plans for the holiday--picnics, camping, neighborhood gatherings, etc.
Hurricane Arthur is going to rain on my party but we will just move it inside.

Location hidden

#1160025 Jul 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
*yawn*
You told another lie, I called you on it, and you ran away..........

Then you come back with two posts to whine about me!! ROFLMAO

That's par for the course with Roxlowblow.

Tell dumb lies, then have a meltdown when called on the lies..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Quivering Lip Lib... 79,268
News Sen. Elizabeth Warren urges grads to 'fight and... 13 min RustyS 4
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 min Patriot AKA Bozo 39,904
News FIRST: NY Times accused of anti-Israel bias in ... 13 min spud 132
News Thousands of Kentucky teachers rally for educat... 14 min Ren 114
News Democrats get giddy about a perennial target: A... 22 min Used to be a Demo... 7
News GOP congressman asks if rocks are causing sea l... 36 min Necromateur 2
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 44 min spud 131