Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231556 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1153293 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKKKare funds Medicaid expansion at a higher rate than traditional Medicaid.....effectively a poison pill.......that will not last.....
once a state expands Medicaid, it will be politically difficult to retract the expansion....and the taxpayers will get screwed....
The Republicans have no problem denying health coverage to millions. Why do you think they won't take coverage away?

They voted to did it with food stamps showing they have no problem taking food off of children's table.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1153294 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Deserves repeating...
Obama hasn't made a decision his entire presidency. He has a lot of meetings with his elite inner circle but doesn't listen or reach out to anyone else for advise. Even ObamaCare was put into the hands of Reid and Pelosi. Obama is not in charge. Make no mistake. He would rather do nothing and make no decision than risk making the wrong one that would stain his legacy...which is in his own mind at this point.
And again...who finds fault with rigid convictions? What the heck is the alternative? Flimsy ones?
Mindless gibberish!

Deserves repeating__mindless gibberish!

Oh__and speaking of rigid convictions__hows hubs groin area cumming along?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153295 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words...same script, different day.
That's what we say about you

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1153296 Jun 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The VA provides care for or services patients that ordinary hospitals can't. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputees etc etc etc And then there are the PTSD cases.
But many, very many are seeking treatments in VA hospitals for injuries-illnesses-diseases that are not related to their military service. Some are showing up with stage three or stage four cancers, aortic aneurysm, out of control Type II diabetes, guy's who have abused their health and have no real medical history beyond a ER visit or two.
One of the Arizona VA cases was a guy with pancreatic cancer who had never sought treatment of any kind because he would have had to stop drinking__when he began pizzing blood his family took him to the VA rather than a community hospital. He died on a waiting list__but the VA had told him from day one that he needed to get his azz to an ER pronto.
He didn't want to not be able to smoke or drink__there are thousands like him out there.
I don't disagree with that, except hospitals treat traumatic injuries all the time. Tracy Morgan being the latest turnpike casualty.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153297 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Deserves repeating...
Obama hasn't made a decision his entire presidency. He has a lot of meetings with his elite inner circle but doesn't listen or reach out to anyone else for advise. Even ObamaCare was put into the hands of Reid and Pelosi. Obama is not in charge. Make no mistake. He would rather do nothing and make no decision than risk making the wrong one that would stain his legacy...which is in his own mind at this point.
And again...who finds fault with rigid convictions? What the heck is the alternative? Flimsy ones?
Gibberer repeating gibberish

The alternative to rigid convictions is a man with a complex mind that contemplates his actions before making them. A sign of superior intelligence.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153298 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring the rabid right's numerous attempts to manufacture a crisis is not covering up anything.
It showing just what a crybaby liar you tea party jerkoffs really are.
"OMG OMG a marine held that umbrella!!! OMG OMG"
" OMG OMG Benghazi Benghazi"
" OMG OMG the IRS the IRS "
"OMG OMG chewing gum"
"OMG OMG OMG selfies selfies!!!"
"OMG OMG golfing"
Yet not a single one of these under George W Bush:
"OMG OMG no nukes in Iraq"
"OMG OMG No chemical weapons in Iraq:"
"OMG OMG unfunded spending"
"OMG OMG unfunded tax cuts"
"OMG OMG doubling the debt"
" OMG OMG housing collapse"
OMG OMG financial meltdown"
"OMG OMG the worst recession in 80 years"
"OMG OMG we lost 800,000 jobs in Jan of q2009"
"OMG OMG Bush calls Bin Laden irrelevant"
"OMG OMG Bush ignores terrorism report"
Why is that???? Where the hell were you asswipes under George W Bush?
LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153299 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So when has governing ever been about being "cool"?
It supposed to be about strength of character and having convictions to make the really tough decisions.
Most of us wouldn't mind following a democratic leader as long as we knew where the heck they were taking us.
It's been like wandering in the desert the past five years. Or dithering on a golf course that covers the same expanse.
There's nothing "cool" about not knowing who the heck is in charge.
Does Hillary Clinton golf?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153300 Jun 19, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real slime"
The "Tomahawk Chop" is not racist?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
I think the Republican party should be sued for cruelty to animals for using the Elephant as their symbol, I'm sure the Elephant isn't very happy about being down graded to that level. I think the Turkey or perhaps the Sloth should represent their party, but i'm sure they would complain also. Hell Eed you are even dumb enough to run on the bagger ticket.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153301 Jun 19, 2014
SANFORD A judge on Thursday threw out part of George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC Universal and held out the prospect that she may throw out the whole thing.

Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson tossed the allegations related to one of five broadcasts and said she needs to do more homework before deciding about the others.

Zimmerman is suing the media company, alleging that it falsely portrayed him as a racist

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-george-zimmerm...

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#1153302 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
As the world was being targeted by terrorists, I remember the Republican party ignoring it while having a fit because two consenting adults had sex.
most people were not bothered about the 2 adults have sex, it was the lying under oath that bothered most. Maybe lying under oath is ok for you...would you say that is good, or bad?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153303 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and the Golden State Warriors and the Red Mesa REDSKINS......
those folks from Red Mesa are particularly vicious racists....
of course, you do understand that the trademark cancellation has minimal effects on the Washington REDSKINS because of pooling of revenue....and that nothing prevents the REDSKINS from continuing to use their name and logo....
lol! Golden State is really pushing the boundaries.

Personally, I think the 5 people who brought this up are a bit over the top. I'm sure it'll affect Washington at some point where it hurts the most.. the pocketbook... but they can always change the name (never really liked the name or the colors in the first place!) or move.

But if "indians" wanted to make war with the "white man," this isn't the way to do it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153304 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida is also infested with dirtbag NYC Bocajews.....
Well, they do have a lot of snakes there too!

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1153305 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Hillary Clinton golf?
Bakes cookies.:-)
1 post removed
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153307 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
SANFORD A judge on Thursday threw out part of George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC Universal and held out the prospect that she may throw out the whole thing.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson tossed the allegations related to one of five broadcasts and said she needs to do more homework before deciding about the others.
Zimmerman is suing the media company, alleging that it falsely portrayed him as a racist
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-george-zimmerm...
Yea, how dare anyone accuse him of being a racist because he hunted down a black kid after being told not to and killed him. Even if the pussee was getting his azz kicked he asked for it. I see Zimmerman like most of these sissies baggers on here.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153308 Jun 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
most people were not bothered about the 2 adults have sex, it was the lying under oath that bothered most. Maybe lying under oath is ok for you...would you say that is good, or bad?
Yea right, far be it for a Republican to lie or for that matter a politician. Get real dumbo.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153309 Jun 19, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real slime"
The "Tomahawk Chop" is not racist?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
How did you ever come to the conclusion this is racist son?

Can you explain how this works in your pea brain?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1153310 Jun 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with that, except hospitals treat traumatic injuries all the time. Tracy Morgan being the latest turnpike casualty.
Not sure what you meant there beyond that Tracy Morgan actually had a traumatic injury and was treated in an ER.

Pancreatic cancer (for one) is not a traumatic injury nor are any cancers. Abdominal aortic aneurysms are also not traumatic__until they burst__in which case fatal. Lifestyle diseases are common within the VA system__so called regular hospitals don't want to fk with those people beyond the cursory ER visit.

One admissions question is, "who is your doctor?"

Imagine a 60 year old telling the clerk, "I don't have a doctor, I've never seen a doctor except a couple of times in an emergency room in Pittsburg back in my twenties.

That shyt happens 500 times per day in Central Florida__the clerks just sit there wondering WTF.

Have you ever been at a VA hospital?

Not in__but at.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153311 Jun 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Which is why reich wingers try to avoid taking oaths as much as possible...

.... or do it at their convenience!

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1153312 Jun 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic excuse.

Evidently Republicans were so bothered about it that they put Clinton under oath & asked him about it.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153313 Jun 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How did you ever come to the conclusion this is racist son?
Can you explain how this works in your pea brain?
I'm afraid there is very little that works in old Eed's one remaining cell. What's next " Hook'em Horns"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 16 min Porkman 3,482
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 31 min xxxrayted 1,883
News 'Quid Pro Quo'? Clinton faces new scrutiny over... 1 hr Le Jimbo 99
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 182,152
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 1 hr Le Jimbo 57
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 309,843
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 1 hr Bean Black Anchors 1,197
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Bean Illegal Anch... 328,198
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr DrGuru 189,514
More from around the web