Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431329 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140414 May 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have a good day you old paranoid envy ridden freak show? Do you ever get out of your moms basement? My life is a vacation, while yours is one miserable day after the other...and to make matters even worse your only friend [ besides all of your imaginary ones] is Special Eed,,I'm betting you both rode that short bus together taking turns puffin each other....LMAO BWAAAAA
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140415 May 22, 2014
Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel's campaign released a short statement Thursday in response to new arrests in the case of political blogger "Constitutional Clayton" Kelly photographing Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-MS) wife.

"As we have said since day one, the violation of the privacy of Mrs. Cochran is out of bounds for politics and is reprehensible. Any individuals who were involved in this crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," McDaniel communications director Noel Fritsch said in a statement.

The statement came a few hours after attorney Mark Mayfield and Richard Sager were arrested and charged in connection to Kelly going to the nursing home of Sen. Thad Cochran's bedridden wife, Rose, to take her picture for an anti-Cochran campaign video. Both Mayfield and Sager appear to have volunteered for the McDaniel campaign, according to the Clarion-Ledger of Mississippi.

McDaniel has denied that anyone on his campaign was connected to Kelly's photographing of Rose Cochran.

McDaniel, on his website, also lists the Central Mississippi Tea Party on his bio page. Mayfield is listed as one of the Board of Directors for that organization.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chris-m...

so now the tea party do-anything-to-win philosophy can get you thrown in jail. and it's not like the guy ever had a chance of winning no matter what unethical thing they tried to do, so what was the point?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1140416 May 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Snore...
Impressive for a libturd.
An attempt at being swift...
Gotta go now that I got your blood pressure up and you are busy humping old Eed's leg and whining at the same time, this is just another all day love affair for a no life like you huh, TUBBA.
1 post removed
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1140418 May 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have a good day you old paranoid envy ridden freak show? Do you ever get out of your moms basement? My life is a vacation, while yours is one miserable day after the other...and to make matters even worse your only friend [ besides all of your imaginary ones] is Special Eed,,I'm betting you both rode that short bus together taking turns puffin each other....LMAO BWAAAAA
You baggers ghost have a compulsion to discuss your homosexual perversions, puffin each other in every other post....

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1140419 May 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you served was fries, as in FRENCH....
I'd bet IRONICfilters entire marijuana farm you were NOT an officer....
Who's talking to you "BAGGER", you been on here all friggin day posting one stupid after the other. No one really gives a rats azz what a total moron like you thinks...Personally I think you are a solid nutcase, with at best a half of a nut. You lonely old pervert. Nightie night. PUSEECCEE
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140420 May 22, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghost Post #279666:- What makes my story a bit interesting to some was the fact that I achieved these things as an orphan that never ever knew his mom or dad, I was abondoned at age two, and raised in an orphans home..
There ain't no amount of insult or potty bullshit that will fix ghost... He lives and dwells in it...
It's the culture...
Interesting...

It is obvious Ghost has issues, but this provides some insight as to why he is such a misfit.

I am certain what ever he has for a family now finds him to be a royal freak/jerk.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
2 posts removed
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140423 May 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta go now that I got your blood pressure up and you are busy humping old Eed's leg and whining at the same time, this is just another all day love affair for a no life like you huh, TUBBA.
Really? You honestly think you got my blood pressure up? That is something you have never accomplished.

How sad. You really are someone I feel sorry for.

I guess that's why people like you end up being Democrats. Have a good night Ghost. Maybe you need some time away from Topix?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140424 May 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered...
are you a fat...
I bet you weigh 350 lbs....and have lots of tatoos...
Dong gets free food working in the Kitchen.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140425 May 22, 2014
God am I glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless commie Obama voting Democrat.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1140426 May 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
It is obvious Ghost has issues, but this provides some insight as to why he is such a misfit.
I am certain what ever he has for a family now finds him to be a royal freak/jerk.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
The Lawsons think ghost is an idiot.. ghost initials are J.W.J.

It's the culture..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140427 May 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you soil yer britches everytime a K9 unit appears in your rear view mirror....
i'll never get stopped for a DWI. i never drink and drive.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140428 May 22, 2014
tomorrow will be a fun day on FOX.

It's Amateur Hour With The Benghazi Select Committee

Over at the New Republic, Brian Beutler gives good gobsmack on a very strange action taken by the post-modern Richelieu, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), on the eve of the new Benghazi Select Committee getting up and rolling. Per ABC News, it seems that Issa went ahead and tipped everyone to the existence of a "still-classified State Department email," indicating that "one of the first responses from the White House to the Benghazi attack was to contact YouTube to warn of the 'ramifications' of allowing" the infamous "Innocence of Muslims" video to remain on the site.

All of which means that before the CIA starting crafting talking points about the attack, the White House was (and not without good reason -- there had been numerous angry clashes across the Muslim world over that video) taking the proactive, base-covering step to mitigate further damage done by the "Innocence of Muslims" clip. Per Beutler:

The White House is thrilled with this revelation because it supports the view that their early citations of the YouTube video were sincere -- not intended to whitewash the truth, that American public servants had been victims of a terrorist attack. The claim that this YouTube business was all a big lie is central to the entire convoluted Benghazi conspiracy, and something Select Committee chairman Trey Gowdy has harped upon in the past. Issa's leak supports the opposite conclusion.

All of which leads Beutler to rightly wonder if Issa put this out there to undermine Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) in a fit of pique, or if he simply does not know what he is doing. Issa has since offered up a bouquet of pushback, to which Beutler responds with a funny one-act-play imagining of how President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton conspired to create exonerating evidence for a misdeed they could not have anticipated, and then classified it to ensure that no one could find it, because that makes sense. Go read the whole thing.

As you might expect, this news has already begun to percolate among congressional Democrats. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), who will be the Democrats' ranking member on the select committee, put out a statement Thursday afternoon:

"This latest document leak makes the strongest case yet for Democrats seeking procedures to protect against these kinds of abuses. In what has become an irresponsible pattern, Chairman Issa unilaterally released a cherry-picked document excerpt –- claiming it means one thing when in fact it means the opposite -– and he disregarded the fact that his ‘new evidence’ was reported publicly two years ago. He did this without consulting Democrats, and it is unclear whether he even consulted Rep. Gowdy, who also sits on the Oversight Committee. These actions undermine the credibility of both the Oversight Committee and the new Select Committee, and Speaker Boehner should uphold his promise to end this circus.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/22/beng...

thank you Mr. Issa.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1140429 May 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll never get stopped for a DWI. i never drink and drive.
A nobody... sonicmoron always trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

It's the culture..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140430 May 22, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>A nobody... sonicmoron always trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...
It's the culture..
thing is...it wasn't my shit.
Homersapien

Palm Coast, FL

#1140431 May 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Homer's great great great great great etc. grandfather owned a dinosaur farm.
The birthplace of Jean & Lily
Homersapien

Palm Coast, FL

#1140432 May 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk and unruly in an airport bar!! He probably said "I work for FOX" !!
or "I've been trying to keep up with lily!"
Homersapien

Palm Coast, FL

#1140433 May 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She can lie her ass off though.
Hillary Clinton
Homersapien

Palm Coast, FL

#1140434 May 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's been a long time since Grey Ghost posted as Jean.
He probably forgot how.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1140435 May 22, 2014
The problem with taking time off from Topix is I don't know what was discussed without playing catch-up.

Hopefully Obama's success in getting Credit Suisse to plead guilty to helping Americans cheat on their taxes was not ignored. Although the $2.6 billion penalty is a drop in the bucket it is still a successful prosecution..."the first global bank in a decade to admit to a crime in a U.S. courtroom."

"The plea also signals a tougher posture by the Justice Department, which has faced criticism that it avoided pursuing large banks after the 2008 financial crisis because of the potential economic fallout. The firm said the deal will cut second-quarter earnings by 1.6 billion francs ($1.79 billion).

“This case shows that no financial institution, no matter its size or global reach, is above the law,” Attorney General Eric Holder said during a press conference. He said “a company’s profitability or market share can never and will never be used as a shield from prosecution or penalty. And this action should put that misguided notion definitively to rest.”

The bank will pay $1.8 billion to the U.S., which includes almost $670 million in restitution to the Internal Revenue Service. The penalty also involves a $715 million payment to New York’s Department of Financial Services and $100 million to the Federal Reserve. The state banking regulator also called for the termination of certain employees and an independent monitor, the person said."

(Let's not forget that Credit Suisse was a top contributor to Romney's campaign)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-19/cred...
1 post removed

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1140437 May 22, 2014
New IRS rules causes Republican uproar.

May 22, 2014

"The U.S. Internal Revenue Service said today that it will revise proposed rules governing nonprofit groups’ involvement in politics.

The rules, released last year, were an attempt to provide guidance for how much political activity groups organized under section 501(c)(4) of the U.S. tax code could engage in without risking loss of their tax exemption or being forced to reveal their donors.

The IRS disclosed in May 2013 that it gave some Tea Party groups seeking tax-exempt status extra scrutiny because of their names, not their activities. President Barack Obama forced out acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller, and several other senior executives left their jobs, including Lois Lerner, who was the agency’s director of exempt organizations.

The rules, designed to provide clearer guidelines for IRS employees, were part of the government’s response to the issue.

Some actions would be considered political involvement, including advertising, voter guides, voter-registration drives, get-out-the-vote campaigns, Internet references to candidates and some appearances by candidates at groups’ events.

Under the proposed rules, a group would risk losing its tax-exempt status by engaging in too many of those activities, though the rules didn’t define what would be considered too much.

After the IRS released the new rules, groups across the political spectrum objected with more than 150,000 comments, calling them too broad and an attack on free speech. Opponents included the American Civil Liberties Union and the American Family Association.

Republicans called on the IRS and the Treasury Department to start over. Until today, the IRS had said it was planning a public hearing in the next few months."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-22/irs-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anticipating debate, Trump says he thinks syste... 2 min Stephany McDowell 91
News Trump: I reversed birther stance 'to get on wit... 4 min Just Think 48
News GOP Lawmaker: FBI Gave Immunity to Top Clinton ... 4 min Vote for Jill Stein 8
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 5 min Think 326
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 8 min asd 1,205
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min fubar 10,095
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Frankendrumpf 243,266
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min Air America 395,138
More from around the web