Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252002 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1116001 Apr 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>typical response from the little mindless coward.
Talking to Shinning again I see.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1116002 Apr 11, 2014
Why is woodtick suddenly attacking Christianity? Probably too much bad news on his side, I suppose. It's just one of the many cards they pull out when things get desperate.

But it proves progressive liberals have an agenda that goes far and beyond politics and just demonizing conservatives (even non-Christian ones) for their differing views.
dumdemsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1116003 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah my knuckles are bleeding from your face. Lol
dumb dem
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1116004 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Seems anger and frustration is building up on the left. Guess it's understandable even if they supported the wrong side and must know now it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. But it has to be a crushing blow when hope and change gradually crumbles into incompetency and deception. But many who also fell for the hope and change have simply accepted they were wrong and angry about having been duped.
Hopefully, some on here will redirect their anger and frustration too eventually.
Sure hope so. For the sake of the country. Better to be a moderate Democrat than a progressive liberal loon any day.
so when is your unrighteous anger going to make a dent in how America sees this admin??

right wing failures....

Benghazi.

IRS.

Obamacare.

Neocon stupidity/Foreign Policy.

i could on all day long. the right wing nutjob faction has lost at every turn.

you guys might want to try to rethink the game. or not says Hillary. or maybe you should says Mitt.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1116005 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you're reading the Bible and not the Quran?
yep...same god for both, that is why the messages of these two sects of the same cult are so similar.

you worship the same god as the muslims do.

St. Croix valley

#1116006 Apr 11, 2014
^proven false god...^^
1 post removed

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1116008 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
They are using the same strategy that helped them lose the past two presidential elections. Lies, racism and the tea bag specialty...being dumb.
Yet, they wonder why we find them untrustworthy.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1116009 Apr 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think it is OK for a rancher to claim ownership of 600,000 acres of Federal land because his family has been raising cattle on the land for "generations"? The rancher was given 45 days to remove his cattle. He refused. Federal agents are certainly within their rights to seize any cattle left on the land. If the rancher and his family should arm themselves and put up a fight (which they have not done) then killing them would certainly be within the realm of possibilities but that's a real stretch of the imagination.
Why was Harry Reid given an accommodation in the borders?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1116010 Apr 11, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know you're not just gonna let her waltz off with those big old things, huh hero?
Hey, are those things starting to migrate yet, because I heard they do that. I know you don't like to get involved in "technicalities," like mammograms, but this would definitely affect your ability to do your husbandly duty, yes, ape? And if so, you're gonna have to worry about her "sharing" those lumpy old things with the unemployed, yet young and virile (will do it with ANYTHING) neighbor lad ...
you take a keen interest in those fun bags, don't you? you heard they do that???? no prior experience?? very telling about why you people obsess over sex on internet forums. when is the last time you or dem ACTUALLY had any?
2 posts removed
Patrick

United States

#1116013 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
While slavery is mentioned in the Bible and how slaves were to conduct themselves (Christians and Jews were also slaves), there is no condoning of such.
There is no condoning of beating women. Jesus told men to love their wives even as Christ loved his church.
Jesus went against the Jewish leaders (one time calling them "whitewashed hypocrites") and often condemned the old Jewish laws by saying "it is written...but I tell you now..." and then taught love, compassion, forgiveness, etc.
He was considered a trouble maker and a threat to both the Jewish leaders and the Roman Empire for doing so. Much like how Christians are perceived today. But Jesus said we would be hated because they hated him first.
Moving on from rambling generalizations...

to Positive News for America

AUSTIN, Texas — President Obama lauded Lyndon B. Johnson on Thursday and offered lofty reflections on the importance of taking political risks to advance causes like the 1964 Civil Rights Act, but steered clear of any political references to his own battles.
Speaking at the Johnson library here, Obama paid tribute to the Texas Democrat and recalled that Johnson's advisors had warned him against risking too much political capital for the landmark legislation.
"One particularly bold aide said he did not believe a president should spend his time and power on lost causes, however worthy they might be," Obama said. "To which, it is said, President Johnson replied,'Well, what the hell's the presidency for?'"
"What the hell's the presidency for," Obama asked, "if not to fight for causes you believe in?"
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1116014 Apr 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe we need a "moral guide"? Don't you trust in God's ability to create people with a moral character built within themselves? Seems to me those people living in remote parts of the world have a value system within their hearts. Nobody needs a book to tell difference between right and wrong.
What ¨remote parts of the world¨ are you talking about? Detroit?¨I ain't need no book¨

¨Nobody¨ needs a book? Maybe if half the teen aged felons roaming our streets could read, they'd know more about right and wrong than they do now.

Sounds to me like another choice you want to remove from people's lives.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#1116016 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of how the Jews took their land.
That explains why Kvetch thinks it's OK.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116017 Apr 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron. If you have an active shooter on the base and a dozen other people pull out weapons then how does anybody know who the bad guy is stupid? Do you think he's going to be wearing a black hat and a bandana over his face or wearing a sign? The result would be confusion with innocent people getting shot and more chance for the shooter to get away.
You're an idiot!
because the good guys won't draw their weapons until they spot the bad guy.......

guess you prefer cops who shoot innocent people.....

http://www.startribune.com/nation/254832301.h...

"only cops should have guns".....

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1116018 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you're reading the Bible and not the Quran?
Is there really any difference?

St. Croix valley

#1116019 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Why is woodtick suddenly attacking Christianity? Probably too much bad news on his side, I suppose. It's just one of the many cards they pull out when things get desperate.
But it proves progressive liberals have an agenda that goes far and beyond politics and just demonizing conservatives (even non-Christian ones) for their differing views.
suddenly?!? where have you been? i didn't bring up a proven false religious cult into rational discussion...

and yet i am not progressive, or liberal, as all my posts clearly show.

i am only giving the facts about your religious cult no attack...just facts. facts you have shown over and over again you cannot even try to counter....
1 post removed
Patrick

United States

#1116021 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yep...same god for both, that is why the messages of these two sects of the same cult are so similar.
you worship the same god as the muslims do.
Democrats win elections with Christians President Obama and VP Biden.

Leave the atheist stuff on the other forum?
Peace

Location hidden

#1116022 Apr 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Usage is not the same as ownership, libtard.
Besides, without that acreage, how would you Democrat cow females eat?
Not according to the rancher, reptard. He claims "he does not need to recognize federal government jurisdiction on land that his family has used, improved and ranched since the late 1800s." Seems to me HE is the one who has "usage" and "ownership" confused.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116023 Apr 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Handouts Carol? What handouts? The only thing that comes close is the tax break for working families that was included in the stimulus package which, by the way your precious GOP voted against.
Your comparing Obama to Chavez and the current Venezuelan government is just more evidence of your hate inspired delusions.
lots of "working families" received no tax break from Porkulus and are now paying higher taxes to support welfare bums on Medicaid and ObamaKKKare.....
1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#1116025 Apr 11, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
What ¨remote parts of the world¨ are you talking about? Detroit?¨I ain't need no book¨
¨Nobody¨ needs a book? Maybe if half the teen aged felons roaming our streets could read, they'd know more about right and wrong than they do now.
Sounds to me like another choice you want to remove from people's lives.
yes, education level is one of the best predictors of your odds of ending up in jail....

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1116026 Apr 11, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell he has a certain amount of contempt for the dumb batch, too ... just the way he refers to her. After all, he's slaving over the computer as a third-rate day trader, and she's out there doing god knows what. Wait ... we KNOW what ...
let's talk about something that you actually might KNOW about now.

did you ever figure out that price/yield relationship i tried to teach you about regarding debt instruments?

or.....are you still clueless about that, too??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 3 min woodtick57 169
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 5 min barry 59
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 5 min woodtick57 739
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 5 min xxxrayted 98
News Hispanic leaders tepid to GOP reaction to Trump 5 min ronnie 32
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Ari son of Anarchy 186,469
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 7 min PolakPotrafi 2,291
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 33 min woodtick57 333,119
More from around the web