Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521952 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1117233 Apr 13, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, o wise one, how exactly did they Sodumb to do what they wanted?
oh sweetie....they didn't...they got you to think what they wanted you to!

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1117234 Apr 13, 2014
"The last time I went the extra mile, I just ended up a mile from where I needed to be."

Sock Puppy

St. Croix valley

#1117235 Apr 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, they subsidize farmers, but not fishermen.
Reich wingers give money to those they want to protect. Everyone else be damned!
we do spend a lot of money studying and monitoring fisheries and protecting those fisherman. i doubt all those costs are all covered by the fishing licenses and permits and such...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1117236 Apr 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Coal ask...
North Carolina....
infecting South Caroline....
infecting Virginia....
I'd say they're proving otherwise.
Ok, ok.... you can claim 'technically' the Dan river really isn't 'land' per se!!!! Or the ponds....
How do you compare cattle grazing to interstate pollution?

That coal ash is kinda like lava rock, eh, brudda.:-)

St. Croix valley

#1117237 Apr 13, 2014
Eman wrote:
Watching dem (with a small d) and Woodtick fight for topixs biggest fool is almost entertaining.
watching you sit on that throne no one is challenging is just the truth of the matter...

St. Croix valley

#1117238 Apr 13, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I may have a different definition of open grazing. The cattle are free to roam. No fences or pens. A fee is charged t allow cattle to openly graze or roam at will on government controlled land.
earlier you seemed to equate that with allowing anyone to graze on that land, which is not the case.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1117239 Apr 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another mope without a clue enters the the discussion. Did you happen to read about the complaints from those legitimately using portions of the Gold Butte area for recreational purposes?
Sounds like you're parroting FOX or even worse__a topix maggot.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, John McCain was on Face the Nation for the millionth time!
I turned it off when I saw he was the guest....seriously, can't they get anyone else to go on that show? The Sunday morning shows used to be interesting.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1117240 Apr 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And the reich wing plan to save blacks is.... is..... is....
Well, maybe reich wingers should switch to latinos first. So the reich wing plan to help lations is.... is.... is....
Well, maybe reich wingers should start with Americans in general......
A "...plan to save blacks is...", well, insulting TO blacks.

It's suggestive that their future, or happiness, is reliant on someone other than themselves. Too bad many blacks feel that way themselves; that someone else's generosity or benevolence determines their fortune....in life. This attitude has backfired and instead of rejoicing that they live like princes (compered to most Somalis) they are blaming other people for what they do NOT have. Funny how the majority haven't noticed their fortunes have not improved under the Obama regime. Real funny.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1117241 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are a Tupac fan?
Rap is the new Country__where you been???

St. Croix valley

#1117242 Apr 13, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose he would have been smarter to put the fee in escrow much like a renter does when a landlord goes back on a contract.
How is he stealing/ The federal government could go away and it wouldn't make a difference. The state is fully capable of managing land.
how is he stealing?!? really?

he is using something of value and not paying for it...that is stealing.

why are you attempting to defend someone stealing your money?
Blue Tool

Minneapolis, MN

#1117243 Apr 13, 2014
The first post on this thread is telling, from 2008.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1117244 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>making sure the cattle grazing there belong to people who pay and not thieves like Bund...
maintaining any restrictions to access. making sure parts oren't overgrazed or used improperly.
maintaining roads to and into it and liability issues...
so many things that any logical person would know of...
If you're mad about a rancher not paying for grass, but not about the illegals bankrupting the country, you might be a liberal.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1117245 Apr 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile back at the ranch, John McCain was on Face the Nation for the millionth time!
I turned it off when I saw he was the guest....seriously, can't they get anyone else to go on that show? The Sunday morning shows used to be interesting.
Funny the teabagger trolls find McCain to be a RINO.
Hope that all is well
-Angela

Hackettstown, NJ

#1117246 Apr 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you know that how???
How much of Nevada's 110.622 is controlled/owned/managed by the federal government? Your dumbazz might be very surprised.
Most of it is owned or controlled by the fed. What was your point?

Oh! You're an authoritarian, dictatorial, central power and control hound.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1117247 Apr 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rap is the new Country__where you been???
I thought the girls-Tyler, GaGa, Katy--had overshadowed the boys.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1117248 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is he stealing?!? really?
he is using something of value and not paying for it...that is stealing.
why are you attempting to defend someone stealing your money?
It seems to me the federal government is stealing from me by going places it doesn't need to be in.(The grammar freaks can eliminate the in at the end).

The open range is still there without the fed.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1117249 Apr 13, 2014
G-d Bless America and those who love freedom.

Ukraine says it is launching a "full-scale anti-terrorist operation" against pro-Russian militias in eastern Ukraine.

In a televised speech Sunday, Ukraine President Oleksandr Turchynov vowed Kyiv will not let Russia take over eastern Ukraine after its annexation of the Crimean peninsula last month. He said he will grant amnesty to any pro-Russian separatists who lay down their weapons by Monday.

He accused Moscow of carrying out a war against Ukraine, once part of its Soviet empire.

The Russian foreign ministry immediately branded Ukraine's operation "a criminal order" and called for urgent consideration of it by the U.N. Security Council.

Mr. Turchynov's speech came hours after Ukrainian special forces and pro-Russian militia exchanged gunfire in the eastern Ukrainian city of Slovyansk, with both sides reporting casualties.

Ukraine's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said a security service officer was killed and another five wounded, the latest skirmish in the aftermath of Moscow's Crimea take-over last month. At least one pro-Russian activist was also killed in the gunfire and two injured.

The escalation of the Ukraine unrest came a day after pro-Russian gunmen took over the Slovyansk police station, and government facilities in the largely ethnic Russian cities of Donetsk and Kramatorsk.

American ambassador to the U.N., Samantha Power, told ABC's "This Week" the unrest in eastern Ukraine "bears the tell-tale signs of Moscow's involvement."

In a statement, NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen said he was "extremely concerned" about the increased tensions in the region. He described it a "concerted campaign of violence by pro-Russian separatists" seeking to destabilize Ukraine.

Fogh Rasmussen called on Russia to "de-escalate the crisis" and pull back thousands of troops from near the Ukrainian border.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1117250 Apr 13, 2014
The elitists want control. The people want freedom. The two are incompatible.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1117251 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>making sure the cattle grazing there belong to people who pay and not thieves like Bund...
maintaining any restrictions to access. making sure parts oren't overgrazed or used improperly.
maintaining roads to and into it and liability issues...
so many things that any logical person would know of...
other than limiting the number of cattle grazed, the rest is crap.....

restrictions to access are unnecessary....

let the ranchers maintain the roads and require them to sign a waiver of liability.....

Hackettstown, NJ

#1117252 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're mad about a rancher not paying for grass, but not about the illegals bankrupting the country, you might be a liberal.
Too funny. maybe we should create a controlled grazing area along the border. I'm sure there are some turtles and lizards there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 265,195
News 4An SNL star made an awkward Hillary joke at a ... 14 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 14
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min District 1 240,349
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 38 min oops 26,089
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 1 hr dane jah 88
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 1 hr Retribution 40
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 1 hr Retribution 317
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 3 hr Trump your President 314
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 179
More from around the web