Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1655547 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110954 Apr 4, 2014
The Right To Work

Daniel Strauss has a good roundup of the conservative outrage over Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich resigning after criticism for his $1,000 donation to the anti-LGBT Proposition 8 campaign in California. Conservatives seem outraged that you can lose your job over your political views. They apparently are unaware of the irony that they oppose legislation that would protect your right to a job if you are actually are gay or transgender.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-right...

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1110955 Apr 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, you are correct. it is news to no one that republicans have a chicken little complex.
'I can't prove it so you'll just have take my word for it, but the sky is falling!'
because, you know, everybody knows.
Are you off your meds again?
3 posts removed

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1110959 Apr 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was simply a polite way of calling you a liar.
Here's a do over__that's bullchit lady GFY.
NJ Motor Vehicle Commission sells access to motor vehicle databases.

http://www.trentonian.com/article/TT/20110821...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110960 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, thank you captain obvious!
and in those states where illegals can get DLs and where you don't need a Dl to register to vote. how do they determine citizenship status for that person trying to register?
code the drivers license as "non-citizen"......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110961 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
One with no identification will probably get the electronic identification pad. After probable cause for a stop, of course.
they carry those with them?

what's probable cause in joisey? trying to get to new york?

St. Croix valley

#1110962 Apr 4, 2014
wow...dickhead roxlo got real quiet.

real quiet.....

must be delving deep into the state databases from his local CVS....

heh heh heh....what a tool!
1 post removed

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1110964 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
a voter ID would have an address and would prevent someone from voting other than where they lived.....
So would a non photo ID.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110965 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you off your meds again?
i'm just not a right nutjob who thinks that telling lies on an obscure forum is actually going to change something.

so, naturally, i think this particular arena is best suited to being as snarky as i can get. because anyone who takes this interaction seriously would have to be on the meds you mention.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110966 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you sweat when the nice policeman tells you to put your finger on the electronic fingerprint identification pad. LOL
no sweat......just refuse.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1110967 Apr 4, 2014

Walmart's so-called alcohol policy
Posted Wed July 14, 2010 11:26 pm, by Susanne B. written to Walmart
Write a Letter to this Company | Rate this Company

I am a 26 year old woman and recently went to walmart. My 21 year old friend happened to be in the store and accompanied me to the cash register to chat while his mom shopped. I went to the cashier to purchase some beer and handed over my I.D. she rang up my beer, I swiped my debit card and then she noticed me talking casually and asked him for his I.D. He didn't have it on him at the time and went to his mom's car to retrieve it as he was not making a purchase and would not have needed it. I asked the cashier why she needed his I.D when we were not even together and she said it was the store policy. My friend came back into the store after I was already embarassed by other customers in line behind me making comments as if I was someone who commited a crime. It turns out, my friend did not have his wallet with him since he was only accompanying his mom at the store. The cashier said she could not sell the beer to me and I asked to see a manager since it was so ridiculous that I could not purchase the beer due to running into a friend at the store. The manager did not help me and I walked out with nothing. I have never heard of such a policy anywhere. If this is in fact Walmart store policy, there should be signs next to the alcohol section of the store and next to the register. I walked out very unlucky, angry and embarrassed that other customers thought I was trying to buy alcohol for a minor and it also embarassed my friend who did nothing wrong and was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would like Walmart to put up signs stating this store policy near the alcohol and near the registers.

St. Croix valley

#1110968 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, people whom you give permission to to search your records can pay to get that info.(and they have to log that info onto the DMV site with their password, they don't get it by just swiping your DL card.)

not your local Walgreens or LickRmart, nor Target when they swipe your DL when you return the sweater your got for christmas...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110969 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Florida and it's legal__are you posting under two names today?
Because you sound twice as stupid.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110970 Apr 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So would a non photo ID.
So would having a face in many locales.

St. Croix valley

#1110971 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
code the drivers license as "non-citizen"......
and do you need a DL to register or just any form of ID?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110972 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
I am a 26 year old woman and recently went to walmart. My 21 year old friend happened to be in the store and accompanied me to the cash register to chat while his mom shopped. I went to the cashier to purchase some beer and handed over my I.D. she rang up my beer, I swiped my debit card and then she noticed me talking casually and asked him for his I.D. He didn't have it on him at the time and went to his mom's car to retrieve it as he was not making a purchase and would not have needed it. I asked the cashier why she needed his I.D when we were not even together and she said it was the store policy. My friend came back into the store after I was already embarassed by other customers in line behind me making comments as if I was someone who commited a crime. It turns out, my friend did not have his wallet with him since he was only accompanying his mom at the store. The cashier said she could not sell the beer to me and I asked to see a manager since it was so ridiculous that I could not purchase the beer due to running into a friend at the store. The manager did not help me and I walked out with nothing. I have never heard of such a policy anywhere. If this is in fact Walmart store policy, there should be signs next to the alcohol section of the store and next to the register. I walked out very unlucky, angry and embarrassed that other customers thought I was trying to buy alcohol for a minor and it also embarassed my friend who did nothing wrong and was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I would like Walmart to put up signs stating this store policy near the alcohol and near the registers.
"straw" purchases of alcohol are a common problem and stores are held responsible for same......

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1110973 Apr 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows one of you right wing terrorists would love to kill him.
He should bet on tomorrow's races and not waste his insight on hating so much.

St. Croix valley

#1110974 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
most liquor stores in Mn post that people under 21 must be accompanied by parents or guardian to be in the store... very reasonable rule.

Blain, PA

#1110975 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratic Officials and Activists Linked to ACORN Plead Guilty in Voter Fraud Case
Numerous voters told Fox News that they were stunned that their signatures were faked on absentee ballot applications and ballots, which were cast as real votes in their names in the 2009 primary election.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/...
Your move
So explain how a photo ID at the polls would have stopped it.

Look,dumbass, where is the voter fraud that a photo ID requirement at the polls will prevent?

That has always been the question.

Not that there is no voter fraud.

Republicans know that the top two methods of voter fraud deal with absentee balloting & legal alien residents thinking they can vote. Neither is stopped by a photo ID at the poll.

Republicans know that there are no statistics that there is significant voter fraud that a photo ID will stop.

None.

They know this.

& Yet they keep passing these photo ID laws.

So I guess what you are saying is that it is OK for Republicans to cheat to try to win elections.

You think so little about of democracy & the right to vote, that you support stopping millions from voting so your party of no ideas & poor governing record can win a elections.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110976 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
Where did you find that gem Flacko???
1 post removed

Blain, PA

#1110978 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
welfare bums vote for candidates who promise to steal more money from working people to give to the lazy......
Obviously you are talking about corporate welfare bums like big oil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Dumb as a stump T... 45,667
News Racism and Nationalism Were Central to the Elec... 40 min Cant Escape DESTINY 131
News Charlie Sheen sues tabloid over assault allegation 51 min anonymous 1
News Portrait of Hillary Clinton set off security do... 58 min CodeTalker 7
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 1 hr Red Crosse 1,095
News Most Alabama Republicans say they are voting fo... 1 hr CodeTalker 17
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 1 hr Red Crosse 271
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 hr Rose_NoHo 14,690
More from around the web