Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103087 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
Ben Carson being audited came from Barack Administration. That's not a "white people problems". It's a Barack problem with his Republican opposition. Especially one who is a Black Republican.
And Allen West being called an uncle Tom sounds like a black people problem.
A black liberal people problem against a Black Republican.
And your statement: "Just think of they were really black" is an idiotic imbecilic problem.
Sheer stupid ignorance.
<quoted text>
wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/nov/ ...
Ben Carson also indicates he has been subjected to hate mail and had been audited. Allen West also has said he was subjected to name calling like Uncle Tom and sell out.
Herman Cain has repeatedly spoken before Koch Brothers-funded, John Birch Society-linked groups, including those that are in favor of rolling back such basic civil rights era gains as integrated schools. In addition to the raucous applause they received CPAC, Cain and Allen West, a conservative black Republican who was elected to Congress last year, both legitimated a deep hostility to President Obama that is rooted in “birtherism” and crazed paranoid narratives about the tyranny and terror supposedly unleashed by America’s first black president.

As I and others have suggested elsewhere, these are narratives that are premised on a belief that a black man who happens to be president is de facto illegitimate. And, of course, there’s no shortage of black conservatives who make a living among the pundit classes as human parrots for the right –popular for their novelty and unwilling to offer sustained critiques of policies that may, in fact, be deleterious to communities of color and the common good.

In my original essay, I referred to Cain and other black conservatives as “race minstrels” and “mascots” for the white conservative imagination. I stand by this observation. Whenever Cain and others have an opportunity to engage in “real talk” among their ideological compatriots — to make a public, critical intervention against the racial hostility that drives contemporary American conservatism — they instead stand mute or enable this hostility. When the opportunity to slap down the notion that black people with whom Republicans disagree are “brainwashed” or (in a disgusting abuse of the shared history and legacy of chattel slavery)“on the plantation,” the Herman Cains of the world encourage this lie as one more way of signaling that that they are actually the “authentic” voices of Black America.

This is why I often playfully refer to black conservatives as “garbage pail kids.” They found themselves political outliers in the black community because they could not answer the question,“Where is the love?” Thus, the contemporary faces of black conservatism found lucre showered upon them as they buck-danced and cakewalked on the metaphorical stage of white conservatism. This was a Faustian bargain. But it paid well, and black conservatives found themselves in the company of friends.

http://www.salon.com/2011/02/16/herman_cain_c...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103088 Mar 24, 2014
I had thought that Eastern New England was going to get a blizzard tomorrow or Wednesday,.

Then, on a bank errand, I listened to Rush Limbaugh who said mathematical models were all a hoax.

Without modeling, how dod they predict a snow storm that had not yet formed?

Rush Limbaugh, right whiner hero, dumber than sh*t.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1103089 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
By Mortimer B. Zuckerman Jan. 31, 2014 7 Comments SHARE
The state of our union is scary.
The unemployed know it, and have known it with piercing bitterness for too many years. Nearly half of the American labor force without a four-year college degree is not working.
Families know it, because in real terms the wages breadwinners are bringing home are pretty much where they were 40 years ago.
The 47 million Americans on food stamps know it.
Chief executives know it. They see the disappointing numbers for capital investment, which mean bleaker prospects for their companies – and fewer jobs.
Economists and historians know it, and are puzzled why, despite all the fiscal pump priming, we are in the midst of the weakest recovery since World War II.
[See a collection of political cartoons on the economy.]
Foreign observers know it, though given their own problems in Europe, China and Japan, they still hope the train arriving at platform No. 1 is the same American locomotive that pulled economies shattered by World War II to record prosperity.
Politicians of both parties know it very well, but they also know we have impasse. Nothing gets done.
The state of the union is scary.
The American economy has little steam. Real annual GDP growth, adjusted for inflation, has run only around 1.3 percent over the last eight years. Some, mainly in the Republican party, were worried that the monetary and fiscal stimulus would be too much, that the economy would overheat into inflation. Hardly! It is only moderately larger – by 5.5 percent – than it was at its peak more than five years ago. As John Makin, an economist and resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute wrote earlier this month, "After the 2008 financial crisis, U.S. GDP per capita actually fell, at an average rate of -1 percent year-over-year, from January 2009 to September 2013."
Indeed, so nearly comatose is the patient that a leading opponent of outgoing Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's monetary easing, Narayana Kocherlakota, president of the notoriously cagey Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, has changed his mind. Last week he told The New York Times he now favors stronger action, just as the Fed is poised to do less.
News Flash! "The congressional GOP has smothered a more rapid economic recovery"

From the beginning of Obama's presidency, the GOP sought to block measures that a wide swath of economists agreed would provide help to boost the economy and bring down unemployment. This obstructionism has been a constant theme throughout the past four years, and it continues today...

The facts are simply that congressional Republicans have consistently hamstrung efforts that a large consensus of economists agree would have provided crucial help in lowering American unemployment. Specifically, they have objectively weakened the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), repeatedly filibustered routine extensions of emergency unemployment benefits, blocked aid to state governments, filibustered infrastructure investment, used extreme legislative vehicles like refusing to follow precedent on the typically pro forma votes to raise the debt ceiling to extract more economically damaging government spending cuts, blocked passage of a majority of the American Jobs Act (AJA), demanded counterproductive offsets to fiscal stimulus, and attacked the Federal Reserve’s expansion of the monetary base and other policy responses intended to lower unemployment..."

http://www.epi.org/blog/congressional-republi...
how incongruous

Schaumburg, IL

#1103090 Mar 24, 2014
I can't believe that I live in a country that cares about it's citizens! Putin/Palin '16!!!!!
1 post removed
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Murrieta, CA

#1103092 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
I had thought that Eastern New England was going to get a blizzard tomorrow or Wednesday,.
Then, on a bank errand, I listened to Rush Limbaugh who said mathematical models were all a hoax.
Without modeling, how dod they predict a snow storm that had not yet formed?
Rush Limbaugh, right whiner hero, dumber than sh*t.
Listened to Rush??? Loon. I know you watch fox too, you kook. You know, the cable news channel with more viewers than all the other LibTard stations combined, even your msnbc channel that you masturbate to

Location hidden

#1103093 Mar 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
coverage for a catastrophic event is exactly what insurance is about....
unfortunately, Americans think insurance means pre-paid medical care....
Catastrophic insurance is for miserly people who rarely have the funds necessary to pay thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs before full coverage kicks in. Smart, responsible adults choose to be prepared by pre-paying for their medical are in the event of a catastrophic event. Those who chose to gamble rely on bankruptcy as their lifeline.

Location hidden

#1103094 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
I think Ben Carson is a distinguished, intelligent Man. IMO, I don't think he'll run.
He's not down with the corruption and filth in politics. He's too classy. Too much integrity.
I don't see him being a Man who would readily compromise his ethics and principles for politics. But, we shall see.
Bush and the whole Administration were Moderate.
<quoted text>
Anyone who associates being homosexuality to bestiality is not "intelligent".

Ben Carson: "Marriage is between a man and a woman. It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality -- it doesn't matter what they are, they don't get to change the definition."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103095 Mar 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catastrophic insurance is for miserly people who rarely have the funds necessary to pay thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs before full coverage kicks in. Smart, responsible adults choose to be prepared by pre-paying for their medical are in the event of a catastrophic event. Those who chose to gamble rely on bankruptcy as their lifeline.
not necessarily... i used to have that when i had to purchase insurance on my own...but i was young and healthy. i had great credit and money saved. i could easily cover the 10, 000 before my insurance kicked in if i had a bad accident or health issue. it covered one check up a year and one emergency room visit per year 90%...

pretty good plan actually for a young guy.
Hawley Hunter

Schaumburg, IL

#1103096 Mar 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who associates being homosexuality to bestiality is not "intelligent".
Ben Carson: "Marriage is between a man and a woman. It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality -- it doesn't matter what they are, they don't get to change the definition."
How did he get to be a doctor? Sheesh, it's not rocket surgery.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103097 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
<quoted text>Pffft, gurgle squirt, uhhh uhhhh. No that's not the sounds your mom made while giving me a Blumkpkin, those are the sounds dem makes pounding your colostomy hole. The only tight hole you have left
Fantasize much. What a pervert. Your self confessions are very revealing BWAAAA IDIOT.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103098 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
<quoted text>Listened to Rush??? Loon. I know you watch fox too, you kook. You know, the cable news channel with more viewers than all the other LibTard stations combined, even your msnbc channel that you masturbate to
FIXED NEWS...Is the only watering hole for the lame and afflicted not to even mention perverts like you..They don't even come close to the regular evening news on any station. This from a person that calls himself a COLOSTOMY BAG. Talk about a total idiot. Your stupid is showing.
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Murrieta, CA

#1103099 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasize much. What a pervert. Your self confessions are very revealing BWAAAA IDIOT.
Pffft uhhhhh uhhhhhh slurp uhhhh uhhhh Squirt, plop, uhhh, uhhhh,plop, gulp.
Flush..
Now those are the sounds of your mom doing a Blumpkin
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103100 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
Experience? What'd you have to do? Pay the guy just to "take" it? AHaHaaHaaa !!
As I Stated: No Sicilian Man would touch you with your Daddy's D!ck.
They refer to women like you as Americana Whores.
Pitsy you're such a Patsy for The Hollywood Wise Guy glitz, all fake, all phony.
Now you, nothing but a lard ass, hog jowl jiggling, turkey waddling neck, fat flapping like jiggling jello upper arms and a chitlin chompin' alabami mammi.
All while chewin' you some tabacci, hillbilly honky.
PS Those weren't My Words, for "goodness sakes". Don't make it personal and I won't bisch slap the fawk out of you, Exceno trash.
<quoted text>
Whoa! Thees sounds a leetle.... angry.... I sense you are drooling...
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103101 Mar 24, 2014
Q: How do you spot the sicilian at a jewish wedding?
A: He's the little guy with the pointy shoes and pizza covered tie.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103102 Mar 24, 2014
The ten top states struggling to put food on the table are all Republican states. All southern, Now they want to cut more from the food programs. What a bunch of lowlife heathens But they are cutting the taxes for the filthy rich. Just look on here, I'll bet half or more that sing the Republicans praises daily are barely making it. You idiots on the right are shameless. Come on November kick the Republicunts to the curb.
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103103 Mar 24, 2014
I yam chust beegeening to realize how OLD Italian stereotypes are.... I mean when the barbarians first invaded the place they were probably telling the same jokes to each other...
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103104 Mar 24, 2014
Q: Who was the most fearsome Italian soldier in the second world war?
A: The slowest one.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1103105 Mar 24, 2014
And this George Sores???

George Soros or; Hungarian: Soros György; Hungarian; born August 12, 1930, as Schwartz György is a Hungarian-born American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Soros Fund Management. Wikipedia

Born: August 12, 1930 (age 83), Budapest, Hungary

Spouse: Susan Weber Soros (m. 1983–2005), Annaliese Witschak (m. 1960–1983)

Siblings: Paul Soros

Children: Alexander Soros, Andrea Soros, Jonathan Soros, Gregory Soros, Robert Soros
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103106 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
The ten top states struggling to put food on the table are all Republican states. All southern, Now they want to cut more from the food programs. What a bunch of lowlife heathens But they are cutting the taxes for the filthy rich. Just look on here, I'll bet half or more that sing the Republicans praises daily are barely making it. You idiots on the right are shameless. Come on November kick the Republicunts to the curb.
Djes, they have never forgiven us for taking their slaves and raping their women - even though it does not take a genius to see how much effort was required on our part to do that. Maybe you can help me? Has ANYTHING ever come out of the south that was useful?
Julius Seizeher

Buffalo, NY

#1103107 Mar 24, 2014
I mean other than meth and swamp people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Sea of Blue Salutes Fallen Police Officer 5 min cops are psychos 23
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 5 min Lawrence Wolf 303
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Blitzking 134,669
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min The world is waiting 307,127
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Anonymous of Indy 294,912
Voters, leaders made 2014 a watershed year for ... 17 min Kid_Tomorrow 1
More arrests made for threatening New York police 27 min cancer suxs 14
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 42 min spocko 768
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 56 min barefoot2626 1,697
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 2 hr barefoot2626 136
More from around the web