Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458576 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103883 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.
I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.
well, we were talking about a hypothetical russian invasion of Estonia, not the Crimean situation... i know we're jumpin all around here...

no there will be no military involvement in the crimea by anyone...putin knew that, that is why he took it. russia will not "annex' any areas that are not mostly pro-russian, as that would just give him another occupied territory like they had with Afghanistan or we had with iraq...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103884 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And blacks were left with no option except to have the baby and raise it as best they could.
Or they could keep spreading their legs, have 17 more and have their mailbox stuffed with Welfare Checks.

Guess which option is still the most popular?

Lapeer, MI

#1103885 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
Hey America!
Let's relinquish control of the internet registrations!
It's an Obama initiative - totally foolish as usual.
Nobody can say what we gain.
But after all, it's the anti_American thing to do!
China & Russia are all for it!
And after that, he'll be lighting his barbecue using the Declaration of Independence and selling
the Washington Mall tide pool to Sea World.

This dood's got class, baby. Real Class.

His kids were picking their noses and wiping it on the Great Wall of China this week. Probably shoplifting in Beijing later on....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103886 Mar 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Then here's my guidance to you regarding the placement of poison into your body: stop reading Liberal pap
so how's that right wing media thing going? gone mainstream yet?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103887 Mar 25, 2014
IDIOT TAX: Breitbart’s Bonehead Defense Of Matt Drudge’s ‘Liberty Tax’

....Boyle’s defense is based on Drudge’s assertion that he is filing as a business, not as an individual. But what both Boyle and Drudge neglect to mention is that the mandate for businesses with fewer than 100 employees (which certainly includes Drudge) to provide health insurance to their employees was delayed until 2016. So no matter how you slice, Drudge has no tax liability for the coverage mandate in 2014.

So Drudge’s “Liberty Tax” really turns out to be an “Idiot Tax,” because he doesn’t actually owe it. If he did pay the penalty (which we don’t have any proof of) it’s his own ignorance of the law that is to blame, not ObamaCare. And Breitbart’s lame-brained attempt to rescue Drudge only proves that when dumb right-wingers do dumb things, other dumb right-wingers will jump at the chance to compound the dumbness. And dumbest of all is that Drudge is bragging about putting his health in jeopardy by not having insurance. He regards liberty as being at risk for devastating financial hardship that would ultimately fall to other Americans in the form of higher premiums and fees for services.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Lapeer, MI

#1103888 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how's that right wing media thing going? gone mainstream yet?
I have no idea. Go ask someone who cares.

Lapeer, MI

#1103889 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
IDIOT TAX: Breitbart’s Bonehead Defense Of Matt Drudge’s ‘Liberty Tax’
....Boyle’s defense is based on Drudge’s assertion that he is filing as a business, not as an individual. But what both Boyle and Drudge neglect to mention is that the mandate for businesses with fewer than 100 employees (which certainly includes Drudge) to provide health insurance to their employees was delayed until 2016. So no matter how you slice, Drudge has no tax liability for the coverage mandate in 2014.
So Drudge’s “Liberty Tax” really turns out to be an “Idiot Tax,” because he doesn’t actually owe it. If he did pay the penalty (which we don’t have any proof of) it’s his own ignorance of the law that is to blame, not ObamaCare. And Breitbart’s lame-brained attempt to rescue Drudge only proves that when dumb right-wingers do dumb things, other dumb right-wingers will jump at the chance to compound the dumbness. And dumbest of all is that Drudge is bragging about putting his health in jeopardy by not having insurance. He regards liberty as being at risk for devastating financial hardship that would ultimately fall to other Americans in the form of higher premiums and fees for services.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
sonic thinks he's the Man From La Manchia. He tilts at windmills that aren't there.

Had a sword fight with a smoker lately?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Lapeer, MI

#1103890 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not in 1787 any longer Dorothy.
Correct. We are entering a Dark Ages redux.

The New Renaissance will have to wait for the Magic Negro's passing.

St. Croix valley

#1103891 Mar 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
sonic thinks he's the Man From La Manchia. He tilts at windmills that aren't there.
Had a sword fight with a smoker lately?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......
"La Manchia"...? really?

why do you make such a fool of yourself here continuously?

please exp;lain what the man of la manchia is...is that the northern minnesota version of man of la mancha ....... man of you betchya?

it is funny when ignorant people try to act beyond their station and make fools of themselves..and when it is assholes like you it is even more fun to point out!!!

keep talking, we need the entertainment at the expense of your dignity.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103892 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
You Democrats always are consistent. I'm sure you think this is Bush's fault.
Another mistake was the Democrats agenda of giving out mortgage loans to people who could not pay. You will never admit that though. It's all Bush's fault, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NQXbT5ZMYaYXX
Watch the video mushbrain.
lol! awww.... now the ruskie believes he knows about mortgages.

poor baby....

Lapeer, MI

#1103893 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
"La Manchia"...? really?
why do you make such a fool of yourself here continuously?
please exp;lain what the man of la manchia is...is that the northern minnesota version of man of la mancha ....... man of you betchya?
it is funny when ignorant people try to act beyond their station and make fools of themselves..and when it is assholes like you it is even more fun to point out!!!
keep talking, we need the entertainment at the expense of your dignity.
Huh?

Get culture or go back to your cave.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103894 Mar 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea. Go ask someone who cares.
no point. right wing media will never be mainstream.
1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#1103896 Mar 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Get culture or go back to your cave.
i do have culture..that is why i knew your attempt to pretend you do was bogus..

man of la manchia? really?

not a typo..the i isn't anywhere near the other letters..just you trying to sound out a name you do not understand.

you make me laugh with your displays of ignorance..thank you for your entertainment at the expense of any self respect you may have once had...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103897 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And? Do you see that as some reason for us to take command? I don't.

all of our NATO allies are militarily impotent against Russia....so, we either take the lead or throw NATO in the dumpster.....which is the Obama policy.....

however, it is time that we demand our allies to pay their share of the bill....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103898 Mar 25, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Putin brought stability, at least for the time bing, to yet ANOTHER area in a list of quite a few over the past few years, plagued by the chaos of anarchy and FAILING statehoods.
Adolf made the trains run on time, if that's all you care about....

and tidied up the ghettoes......

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1103899 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and like him, you seem unable to prove your post..
in fact, i have also challenged you to back your shit up..and you also run..
you still have yet to show even one post where i have lied...
run, forest, run!!
yeah...we know who the cowards here are..and we both also know who is running...
run, coward, run...
"woodendick000"
You lie every time you claim you run someone off this thread. All those you claim to have ran off are still pointing out your lies.
Here is one more lie you have offered, you claim to be a conservative, but your posts idolize our boy president, nobama and he is hardly a conservative.
lie, coward, lie....
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103900 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I never said they didn't. What I said was the Untied States does not need to take the lead. We can act as part of NATO without providing troops on the ground.
sure, we can send the Grand Duchy of Fenwick to fight the Russians.....

there are only three meaningful military powers in the world, and two of them are on the other side....

Lapeer, MI

#1103901 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no point. right wing media will never be mainstream.
Of course not. Not inside your limited circles.

Nor will Cosmology, Philosophy, Number Theory or Existentialism.

Enjoy the shallows of popular culture, Mudpuppy.

Lapeer, MI

#1103902 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do have culture..that is why i knew your attempt to pretend you do was bogus..
man of la manchia? really?
not a typo..the i isn't anywhere near the other letters..just you trying to sound out a name you do not understand.
you make me laugh with your displays of ignorance..thank you for your entertainment at the expense of any self respect you may have once had...
You dance with an invisible partner, doodette.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103903 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I never said they didn't. What I said was the Untied States does not need to take the lead. We can act as part of NATO without providing troops on the ground.
by the way, this is nothing new....

without American troops, Germany would have conquered Europe.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California prepares to fight Trump on immigrati... 2 min Cupcake Pounder 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min DP Cassie 403,853
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min zebra 216,710
News Trump's tariff plan hits a hurdle: Congressiona... 3 min Cupcake Pounder 8
News Joe Biden leaves the door open for a 2020 run 3 min Giggle1101 3
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 5 min Noyb 1,069
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 6 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 137
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min America 253,224
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 18 min Cupcake Pounder 199
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... 1 hr Jemz5248 1,027
More from around the web