Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1709807 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Carol

United States

#1100982 Mar 20, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>Harry F**kface Reid for sure.
Nostrilfuckface for sure.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1100983 Mar 20, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass, we don't calculate climate change by year but by decade.
Nine of the 10 warmest years on record have occurred since 1998. But forget individual years. That data is noisy. A single year can see its temperatures rocket for reasons having little to do with climate change.
Look, instead, at decades. There, the data is a little clearer, as the idiosyncrasies of any one year are balanced by its nine compatriots. That's exactly what the World Meteorological Association did in a recent report. That report shows a steady increase in global temperatures since the 1950's.
The period 2000-2010 was the warmest decade on record since modern meteorological records began around 1850.
Update: The gross divergence in October data reported below between the various metrics is explained by an error, as reported at the bottom. The basic premise of the post, that real scientific work should go into challenging these measurement approaches and choosing the best data set, remains.

The October global temperature data highlights for me that it is time for scientists to quit wasting time screwing around with questions of whether global warming will cause more kidney stones, and address an absolutely fundamental question: Just what is the freaking temperature?

Currently we are approaching the prospect of spending hundreds of billions of dollars, or more, to combat global warming, and we don't even know its magnitude or real trend, because the major temperature indices we possess are giving very different readings. To oversimplify a bit, there are two competing methodologies that are giving two different answers. NASA's GISS uses a melding of surface thermometer readings around the world to create a global temperature anomaly. And the UAH uses satellites to measure temperatures of the lower or near-surface troposhere. Each thinks it has the better methodology (with, oddly, NASA fighting against the space technology). But they are giving us different answers.

For October, the GISS metric is showing the hottest October on record, nearly 0.8C hotter than it was 40 years ago in 1978 (from here).

GISSglobal

However, the satellites are showing no such thing, showing a much cooler October, and a far smaller warming trend over the last 40 years (from here)

Uah_october_20081

So which is right? Well, the situation is not helped by the fact that the GISS metric is run by James Hansen, considered by skeptics to be a leading alarmist, and the UAH is run by John Christy, considered by alarmists to be an arch-skeptic. The media generally uses the GISS data, so expect stories in the next day or so trumpeting "Hottest October Ever," which the Obama administration will wave around as justification for massive economic interventions. But by satellite it will only be the 10th or so hottest in the last 30, and probably cooler than most other readings this century.

It is really a very frustrating situation. It is as if two groups in the 17th century had two very different sets of observations of planetary motions that resulted in two different theories of gravity,

Its amazing to me the scientific community doesn't try to take this on. If the NOAA wanted to do something useful other than just creating disaster pr0n, it could actually have a conference on the topic and even some critical reviews of each approach. Why not have Christy and Hansen take turns in front of the group and defend their approaches like a doctoral thesis? Nothing can replace surface temperature measurement before 1978, because we do not have satellite data before then. But even so, discussion of earlier periods is important given issues with NOAA and GISS manual adjustments to the data.

Though I favor the UAH satellite data (and prefer a UAH - Hadley CRUT3 splice for a longer time history)
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1100984 Mar 20, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to logoff your proxy, embecileeeeee
You are way to stupid to know that isn't me. But I do love your paranoia penis breath. I also agree with who ever it is. Thanks. You have to be the lowest of the low..Hell I think you are even dumber and a bigger lowlife [nolife] than is Galt.
Carol

United States

#1100985 Mar 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>always sunny here.....
Got a flashlight taped to your head in your azzhole?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1100986 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
Personally I'd rather sit next to a pot smoker or a cigarette smoker than someone who's been drinking.
I'd rather sit next to someone who has been drinking than someone who is a dry drunk!!

Hi Homer! Hope you're well, how's the weather been? Warming up a little?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1100987 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you can. From https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/auth/P... .
"You may need:
&#57892;Names, birth dates, and income information for your family
&#57892;Social Security numbers (if they're available) for the people who want coverage
Your SS number is not required.
Well perhaps that is the rule on the state of Pennsylvania's exchange but not the Federal exchange.

November 25, 2013, New York Times:

WASHINGTON — Just days before the Obama administration’s self-imposed deadline to fix the troubled federal health insurance website, officials said Monday that they were aware of another problem that has prevented thousands of people who were unable to verify their identity from shopping for health plans.

Many users of the website have had their applications cast into limbo after they uploaded copies of documents like driver’s licenses, Social Security cards and voter registration cards, or sent them to the office of the federal insurance marketplace in London, Ky.

Administration officials said the government had established strict procedures to verify that people applying for insurance were who they said they were, in order to prevent fraud and identity theft. But a breakdown in the process instead is causing concern among some consumers about the handling of their personal information.

“I am in no man’s land,” said Roger N. Hampton of Boca Raton, Fla., who filed an application early last month.“I have been waiting patiently for my ID verification to come through, which has not occurred thus far. So I can’t see what plans are available.”

When he tried to file his application online, Mr. Hampton received a message that said:“Your identity wasn’t verified. You won’t be able to submit your application for health coverage until your identity is verified. Submit documents that prove your identity. Once you upload your documents, they’ll be reviewed. The results of your identity verification will be emailed to you.”

Remember, proof of insurance must be sent to the IRS. That involves furnishing your Social Security or Tax ID number.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/26/us/id-verif...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1100988 Mar 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"banged up my wrist".....how terrible.....
the emergency rooms of America should make clowns like you sit there all day until there are no patients left who have real emergencies.....
and then Medicare and the insurance companies should refuse to pay for sissies like you...
abuse of emergency rooms such as yours is what drives costs through the roof....
It is unbelievable what people go to emergency rooms for; medication refills, rashes that they have had for months, every cough, every fall, fevers of 99 degrees, my kid is allergic to nuts and I just gave him a peanut butter sandwich", "I fell 3 days ago and now I need a note because I didn't go to work", "The home pregnancy test was positive, but I want to make sure", "I think that I put a tampon in but now I can't find it",......and on and on and on it goes.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1100989 Mar 20, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
That joke is older than you - and still isn't funny.
Righties have no sense of humor or sense period ,you would be living proof of that "FACT". Waxnuts.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1100990 Mar 20, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I want to hear this one, too.
From her vehement comments on e cigarettes and vaporizers; I'd say she sucking that vapor pretty hard.
Does she know that vaporizers are used by pot smokers as well?
Raining in Florida today!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1100991 Mar 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
always sunny here.....
Yep, which would make it a desert, no worries just put a dam in so you have plenty of water and destroy a few million acres so aholes like you can have a green grass lawn.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1100992 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a question of if you SHOULD. You continue to prove that you CAN'T without showing the fallacies of Obamacare.
Not true. Most of your questions have been answered. It's just that you people ask the same questions over and over again without going back and checking to see if they have already been answered. Do your own research or keep up.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1100993 Mar 20, 2014
Someone needs to remind these people what state they live in...

"3 LA City Councilmembers Launch Study to Determine If Fracking Caused Earthquake"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/3-la-city-cou...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1100994 Mar 20, 2014
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a flashlight taped to your head in your azzhole?
American company located what could be debris from the Malay 777 in the middle of no fn place. www.digitalglobe.com Oh Myyyy!!!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1100995 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The largest and longest study (Enstrom & Kabat) followed more than 35,000 subjects for almost 40 years and found no significant risk associated with second-hand smoke. Similarly, the World Health Organization spent seven years at a dozen research centers in seven countries and came to the same conclusion.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/look-it-w...
It's political correctness gone amok in an effort to ostracize and treat smokers like second-class citizens and has nothing to do with second-hand smoke.
You're a silly brainwashed fool.
Back at 'cha, Bogus Teacher, the date was still 1998. BTW, you are silly, and brainwashed, but I think you're responsible for being a fool all by yourself.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1100996 Mar 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"banged up my wrist".....how terrible.....
the emergency rooms of America should make clowns like you sit there all day until there are no patients left who have real emergencies.....
and then Medicare and the insurance companies should refuse to pay for sissies like you...
abuse of emergency rooms such as yours is what drives costs through the roof....
Bah, according to you, George W. Bush, and the rest of the Republican Party emergency rooms are free.

Once Bush declared that I dropped all my insurance and stopped seeing my family doctor, you just have to not mind waiting a little bit longer.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1100997 Mar 20, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Another big con of Obamacare was the exorbitant deductibles masking the even higher co-pays and premiums
Subsidies help pay the premiums, what and/or who is going to subsidize the co-pays and deductibles or are they going to be free? It only makes sense that if you cant pay your premium you aren't going to be able to afford co-pays and deductibles.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1100998 Mar 20, 2014
Obama Bin Lyin wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't Oblamer smoke or did The Liar "say" he quit?
Here's the incompetent boob Obama with a smoke in his hand doing his Jive-ass punk routing:

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2011/05/young-o...

Nuff said. This is who the Democrats picked and lied for to get their president.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1100999 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
Personally I'd rather sit next to a pot smoker or a cigarette smoker than someone who's been drinking.
Alcohol is responsible for families being destroyed, leaving innocent folks dead, maimed, suffering with a myriad of diseases including irreversible brain and liver damage, causes the abuse of children...well, you've seen the movie.

But hey, "Stay thirsty, my friends".
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1101000 Mar 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way to stupid to know that isn't me. But I do love your paranoia penis breath. I also agree with who ever it is. Thanks. You have to be the lowest of the low..Hell I think you are even dumber and a bigger lowlife [nolife] than is Galt.
Gee what a surprise you were lurking here, moran!

Having a little trouble with your proxy today are we, sock master?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1101001 Mar 20, 2014
Carol wrote:
Dumb carol used to smoke in the car with her infant daughter. And other than a wheeze, a smokers cough, and charred lungs, she is fine.
There was a recent study that smoking while pregnant caused your child to be gay;
sounds dumb, but maybe that's what happened....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min right on 16,646
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Bongo 60,460
Attn. ALL, ARE THOSE CRYING KIDS PAID ACTORS? 10 min Felix 1
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 12 min positronium 1,783
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min unborn lives matter 330,943
News Some GOP candidates for governor oppose raising... 15 min dontmakemelaugh 1
News Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March... 42 min javawhey 79
More from around the web