Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536690 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1096704 Mar 12, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
So are you and your name stealing ilk.
Just like the Curs and their sox.
Don't post to me under another's name.
<quoted text>
Stop it carol.
brainwash

Howell, MI

#1096705 Mar 12, 2014
I mean I know it's your Ancestral mess And you kinda lose everything if you just leave... but you probably should just leave the country or something.. And go somewhere else Like America or china..

you'll probably get free money for being white Anyway..

stop being retarded..

hey move to brazil stupid.. they worship whites over there..

yall Are crazy.. we wanna maintain our heritage And homeland.. it's just A body of land..

The earth could explode if it wanted..
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1096706 Mar 12, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid crap like that matters only to useful idiots.
That said, I'd give you about a 25% chance of winning your bet.
Yet you were careful to pick a white girl as it it mattered to you that she wasn't black.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1096707 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
True. How are ya grey.
He's still gay.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096708 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you. if banks could discriminate, all would have been OK.
Banks lost in court & redlining was racist.
Sound business practices are not racist, the mortgages not paid were proof of that, you're an imbecile. Why don't you loan some of your money[if you have any] to people with bad credit and no ability to repay you?

Why don't Geo. Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Geo. Clooney, Rahm Emmanuel, etc? because they're not idiots, they guard their money jealously.

You're an idiot, you love to throw other people's money around, certainly not yours.

Lenders were coerced, forced to make bad loans. There's your recession.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1096709 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush inherited a balanced budget.
You know,that thing you pretend American right whiners whack off about every night.
You had it.
What happened???
Bush decided to "give it back". He ran on "giving it back" & so you voted for it. He slashed revenues while going to war. Then he invented a second war. He & The Republicans passed a huge unfunded expansion to Medicare. In 2005, there was record unfunded earmark spending. Economy was fueled by runaway housing market that started to fadein 2006. The house of cards that Bush built collapsed into the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & we still has=d two quagmire wars.
This is what Obama inherited.
I find that when you f*cking morons blame Obama & give your own party a free pass that you look really ridiculous & anyone with a brain knows you are dumber than sh*t.
Bush inherited a balanced budget thanks to his fellow conservatives in Congress who managed the purse strings for the last six years of Clinton's two terms.

And you can only use the word "inherited" the first two years of any first term - two-and-a-half tops. Not four, five or going on six. After the first year of a second term, you're the one leaving the next guy what they're going to "inherit" from you.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096710 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal judges love to spend other people's money all the while hoarding theirs, wise up.

The salient point however is liberal/dem policies and actions caused the recession, not Bush.

No unpaid mortgages, no disaster.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1096712 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you were careful to pick a white girl as it it mattered to you that she wasn't black.
Wrong. A criminal is a criminal. Period.

Keep trying. The law of averages will make you appear to know what you're talking about sooner or later.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096713 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,that thing you pretend American right whiners whack off about every night.
You had it.
What happened???
Bush decided to "give it back". He ran on "giving it back" & so you voted for it. He slashed revenues while going to war. Then he invented a second war. He & The Republicans passed a huge unfunded expansion to Medicare. In 2005, there was record unfunded earmark spending. Economy was fueled by runaway housing market that started to fadein 2006. The house of cards that Bush built collapsed into the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & we still has=d two quagmire wars.
I find that when you f*cking morons blame Obama & give your own party a free pass that you look really ridiculous & anyone with a brain knows you are dumber than sh*t.
So now your dumbass is claiming deficits under Bush caused the recession? Then what the fu*k is Il Douche doing with his trillion dollar deficits?

Bush invented the war in Afghanistan? The war El O'Stupido claims was the justified war? And he has been prosecuting for 5 years? And most demorats were in favor of?

Clinton benefited from the Dot.com boom, it was ending when he left office, Bush was left to pick up the pieces.

Try actually reading this this time:

The Bush economy:

"Democrats like to claim the 1990s were a golden age while the Bush years have been disastrous. But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Bush inherited a recession. The dot-com bubble had burst in 2000, and the economy was sinking even before the shock of 9/11, the corporate scandals and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mr. Bush's original tax-cut proposal was designed in part as insurance against such a downturn."

"However, to win over Senate Democrats, Mr. Bush both phased in the tax rate reductions and settled for politically popular but economically feckless tax rebate checks. Those checks provided a short-term lift to consumer spending but no real boost to risk-taking or business investment, which was still recovering from the tech implosion. By late 2002, the economy was struggling again -- which is when Mr. Bush proposed his second round of tax cuts."

"This time the tax rate reductions were immediate, and they included cuts in capital gains and dividends designed to spur business incentives. As the tax cuts became law in late May 2003, the recovery began in earnest. Growth averaged nearly 4% over the next three years, the jobless rate fell from 6.3% in June 2003 to 4.4% in October 2006, and real wages began to grow despite rising food and energy prices. The 2003 tax cut was the high point of Bush economic policy."

"Nonetheless, the budget deficit did fall mid-decade, as tax revenues soared with the expansion. In fiscal 2007, the deficit hit $161 billion, or an economically trivial 1.2% of GDP. That seems like a distant memory after the bailout blowout of the last few months, but the point is that the Bush tax cuts aren't responsible for the deficits. Before the recession hit, federal tax revenues had climbed above their postwar average of 18.3% of GDP."

The WSJ

You really hate white people, don't you? I'll wager a white person has paid your salary your entire life, deny it.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096714 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You had it.
What happened???
A balanced budget means nothing when it comes to creating jobs and a healthy economy, something we had for most of Bush's tenure, the mortgage disaster caused the economy to crash, dems own it 100%, F ing liar in chief Il Douche has had 5 years, where's the jobs?

You deny that every day of your worthless existence.

Waukesha, WI

#1096715 Mar 12, 2014
The government agency charged with implementing Obamacare has no idea whether any of those enrolled have paid their insurance premiums, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Wednesday.

“I can’t tell you that because I don’t know that,” Sebelius told the House Ways and Means Committee when asked how many who had enrolled had actually paid.

Sebelius pushed blame to the insurers, saying that the companies only gave HHS “aggregate data” on those enrolled.

Typical Obama clown car rider - never under any circumstances accept blame for anything negative.

Waukesha, WI

#1096716 Mar 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound business practices are not racist, the mortgages not paid were proof of that, you're an imbecile. Why don't you loan some of your money[if you have any] to people with bad credit and no ability to repay you?
Why don't Geo. Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Geo. Clooney, Rahm Emmanuel, etc? because they're not idiots, they guard their money jealously.
You're an idiot, you love to throw other people's money around, certainly not yours.
Lenders were coerced, forced to make bad loans. There's your recession.
Someone needs to remind Dumbassed Dave that banks have ¨discriminated¨ against people with lousy credit and no collateral forever. DD is all for fairness, good business practices be damned.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096717 Mar 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
A balanced budget means nothing when it comes to creating jobs and a healthy economy, something we had for most of Bush's tenure, the mortgage disaster caused the economy to crash, dems own it 100%, F ing liar in chief Il Douche has had 5 years, where's the jobs?
You deny that every day of your worthless existence.
The Bush tax cuts have contributed to revenues dropping in 2004 to the lowest level as a share of the economy since 1950, and have been a major contributor to the dramatic shift from large projected budget surpluses to projected deficits as far as the eye can see.

The tax cuts have conferred the most benefits, by far, on the highest-income households — those least in need of additional resources — at a time when income already is exceptionally concentrated at the top of the income spectrum.

The design of these tax cuts was ill-conceived, resulting in significantly less economic stimulus than could have been accomplished for the same budgetary cost. In part because the tax cuts were not as effective as alternative measures would have been, job creation during this recovery has been notably worse than in any other recovery since the end of World War II.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

worst job creation ever. spent money like a drunken sailor. pushed for home ownership for people who had bad credit. killed our reputation with the rest of the world. and on, and on....

but if you voted for Bush, you can continue the apology tour if it makes you feel better about making that mistake.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096718 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you been called a complete idiot by so many on here? Should tell you something.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1096719 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think those are bush's? why?
"bush's cia black prisons" are sonic's words, not mine. They existed before him and they exist today.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096720 Mar 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The demorat authored mortgage meltdown caused this recession, now Obamakare is going to pitch in and destroy the economy even further, virtually everything dems do is harmful, a disaster, you're a blind, ignorant fool. You practice the politics of envy, you're a jeolous clown, a sap, a dupe, wise up..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096721 Mar 12, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"bush's cia black prisons" are sonic's words, not mine. They existed before him and they exist today.
Obama is using Navy ships. ships that belong to the US and not some other country that will just get POed when we abandon them and let them deal with the blowback.

Some officials recall the fear that prevailed after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and defend the tough stance that former U.S. President George W. Bush took against terrorists.

But the debate is sometimes tinged with a hint of disappointment with Washington, as if Poland's young democracy had been led astray – ethically and legally – by the superpower that it counts as a key ally, and then left alone to deal with the fallout.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said Thursday that Poland has become the "political victim" of leaks from U.S. officials that brought to light aspects of the secret rendition program.

In his most forthcoming comments on the matter to date, Tusk said an ongoing investigation into the case is proof of Poland's democratic credentials and that Poland cannot be counted on in the future in such clandestine enterprises.

"Poland will no longer be a country where politicians – even if they are working arm-in-arm with the world's greatest superpower – could make some deal somewhere under the table and then it would never see daylight," said Tusk, who took office four years after the site was shuttered.

"Poland is a democracy where national and international law must be observed," Tusk said. "This issue must be explained. Let there be no doubt about it either in Poland or on the other side of the ocean."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/cia-...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1096722 Mar 12, 2014
It is unfortunate that relations between you and fetch ended on bad terms. For all of us really. Different reasons.
However, I take no side between you and fetch.

So, having time, I now have to ask ...
Why did you include my name in your post?
Those days, that incident, fond and funny as they were ...
It didn't "fit" within the context, premise or purpose of your post.

I would have preferred you had left my name out, and in the future.
And, no need for an answer in reply, because I never ask a question unless I already know the answer.

PS I've been blatantly honest. So, why stop now. Back in those days, there was something about you, your tone, that was ill-lath, that I didn't trust. It's the same tone you're using in this post yet trying to couch. Things aren't easily couched from me. Nor are true agendas and motives hidden. Shall I name it?

I gave writing this a lot of thought, you don't need any more wrath raining down on you ... Not that this is my wrath, I hold no ill will. I just don't trust you anymore than I trust fetch.

PS About those Topix standards, don't have double standards yourself. Take the log out of your Brethren's eye and speak with them about their sexually vile, perverse, and racial remarks.

Take Care ...

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look. It is the little fake jew stallker reposting from five years ago. Some people are capable of gaining knowledge and others are stuck on stupid...guess which one Kvetch is.
Those were the days though. Remember when New Yawk's "potty mouth" got her in the pokey? She could see all the messages and anwered them but no one could see her responses. "The pokey twilight zone" she called it. Too bad Topix lowered their standards.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096723 Mar 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bush tax cuts have contributed to revenues dropping in 2004 to the lowest level as a share of the economy since 1950, and have been a major contributor to the dramatic shift from large projected budget surpluses to projected deficits as far as the eye can see.
The tax cuts have conferred the most benefits, by far, on the highest-income households — those least in need of additional resources — at a time when income already is exceptionally concentrated at the top of the income spectrum.
The design of these tax cuts was ill-conceived, resulting in significantly less economic stimulus than could have been accomplished for the same budgetary cost. In part because the tax cuts were not as effective as alternative measures would have been, job creation during this recovery has been notably worse than in any other recovery since the end of World War II.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
worst job creation ever. spent money like a drunken sailor. pushed for home ownership for people who had bad credit. killed our reputation with the rest of the world. and on, and on....
but if you voted for Bush, you can continue the apology tour if it makes you feel better about making that mistake.
You're an idiot, a grey box troll, banned years ago, you're not worth debating, all you can justify is an occassional insult.

“you know i know”

denver

#1096724 Mar 12, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone needs to remind Dumbassed Dave that banks have ¨discriminated¨ against people with lousy credit and no collateral forever. DD is all for fairness, good business practices be damned.
Dopey Dave has a head made of concrete, like so many libs, their jealousy of their betters makes them hopeless, hopelessly brainwashed and ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rahm Emanuel on Democratic problems: - You're n... 3 min UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Jay 270,786
News Senate Intelligence Committee requests Trump ca... 15 min Christsharia sLaw 10
News How President Trump consumes - or does not cons... 22 min Christsharia sLaw 1
News Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump'... 28 min Christsharia sLaw 2
News As White House defends Jared Kushner, experts q... 31 min Christsharia sLaw 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Into The Night 63,626
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 2,904
News These 8th graders from New Jersey refused to be... 4 hr iamcuriousnow 68
News James Comey fired as FBI director 4 hr Erl 3,057
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 5 hr Christsharia sLaw 68
More from around the web