Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1641548 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094375 Mar 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
We Know Obamacare Is Not At All Like Slavery
The most well-received remarks at this year’s CPAC were indubitably Rand Paul’s, who was likely test driving his Republican National Convention nominee acceptance speech. Barely trailing him in cheers, applause and audience size was Dr. Ben Carson. Carson is known as one of the most accomplished physicians of his time, but is building momentum as a rising star among conservatives. Hotel room keys and the shuttles to Union Station are adorned with Carson’s face, next to slogans endorsing him for president in 2016. During his speech, enthusiasts held up signs that read,“Run, Ben, run!” and the ballroom’s sudden swelled in size from onlookers and supporters. Carson’s relaxed mannerisms and tightly focused speech make him a natural, if unlikely, politician, and his prodigious career in medicine certainly qualifies him to discuss health care policy. But President? CPAC has had no shortage of eyebrow-raising moments, but that is the most unconventional one yet. Though Republicans once nominated a former Hollywood actor who went on to be a two-term president, so anything is possible.
Dr. Carson hit his talking points with airstrike precision, to the delight of his audience, who punctuated nearly every point he made with an ovation. Carson disparaged political correctness, likely a nod to the social conservatives who have been feeling that their place in public discourse is increasingly restricted as of late. And then, predictably, he launched into his tirade against Obamacare. And that was precisely when he lost anyone with a level head who has been following Carson’s ascendancy with interest.
Carson referenced—and defended—his claim that Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this society since slavery, calling anyone who believes that he equated the two institutions a “dummy”. Aside from that claim being patently false—there were a number of things that were nearly as bad as slavery, but none so awful as slavery itself—it is an irresponsible claim to make as a physician. Doctors are trusted to be objective and rely on facts to make decisions on courses of treatment. The fact that Carson was willing to wade into the political fray, making claims that can be easily misconstrued is alarming. Anyone hoping that Carson would bring some balance and perspective to the blaring rhetoric from CPAC this weekend was in for a disappointment.
Carson’s best-selling books—the nonpolitical ones—are nothing like his speeches, and the vast disparity between the two personas is unsettling. The pediatric neurosurgeon whose memoirs I read as a child emphasized self-reliance, hard work, and trust in Providence to achieve the impossible. The speaker today was a speech away from running for office on fearmongering and repealing Obamacare. I was hoping to see more of the man I trusted to perform a complex operation instead of a pedantic speaker that validated the borderline irrational whims of CPAC attendees.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/we-kno...
perhaps not slavery yet, but will be when doctors and hospitals are forced to accept ObamaKKKare patients at below-cost reimbursement....
Mr Lib

United States

#1094376 Mar 9, 2014
So what happened to all the jobs and prosperity Bush's trickle-down economics was supposed to create?

Didn't happen, did it?
1 post removed
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094378 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least if it is an "act of Terror", there is a chance the plane was forced to land somewhere rather than crash in the ocean. I'm an optimist so I'll go with that scenario.
Not sure about the debris you mentioned. CNN reported that "a strange object spotted by a Singaporean search plane late Sunday afternoon is not debris from the missing jetliner." Don't know if that is the same "debris" you are referencing. I see now where officials are looking into the possibility that the plane changed course.
In the meantime, Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that they "have the visuals of the two people using stolen passports and Inerpol has confirmed those two bought their tickets together. Anything is possible. I feel for the families. This is agonizing for them.
do you doubt that the NSA knows exactly what happened to the plane???...

your scenario that it landed somewhere without detection is lunacy.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094379 Mar 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You don't bother me__it's just that I've stopped reading the posts of so many others here. Hard to respond to what one doesn't read eh fkface?
Unite Here is a bullsht deal pal, a union which was likely brokering a sht health plan and charging it's membership through the nose.
Think it through K?
How did all those employees__working for hundreds if not thousands of different employees throughout North America come to be on the unions health plan???
No pardon me while I ROFLMAO.
because the union insists on that and launders the money for the DemoKKKrat party....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094380 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way you could know that is if you were the one selling him the drugs.
just read his book, old lady.....

head of the Choom Gang....
Reverend Al

United States

#1094381 Mar 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Go mow some lawns and make sure you rake and bag all that grass pedro...
Shiny... Mah main man! Hiding behind another of your multiple personalities and spewing racism, I see.

Go up and say it to Pedro's face, keyboard warrior. Because the next thing Pedro will pack in his plastic bag will be your sorry azz.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094382 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
with costs at $50K per year and more, only the very rich and the very poor can afford the best colleges....the middle class is shut out.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094383 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee. Look who fell off his high horse! You have some nerve accusing others of demeaning women with a comment like that one. It's a fact...women have higher IQ's than men.
in the case of women, physical standards, idiot....
Love Dem Radicals

Edgerton, WI

#1094384 Mar 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying that since most racists are Republican that those voting against Obama because of race would have done so anyhow?
No, if you pick a town of Democrats and look at it in City Data, you will see how you racist Democrats voted against Obama. Why are you such an idiot?
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094385 Mar 9, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
la vita eterna alle polpette!!!!!!
Buona fortuna con quello ...
Mr Lib

United States

#1094386 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many do, lots of them children of veterans....
or those who realize there are no good private sector jobs in the rotten Obama economy, even for college graduates.....
Ah, yes... the "Obama economy" Bush left behind which Obama has been trying to fix since he took office.

Thank you, elephants.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094387 Mar 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Well, lQQkie here www.thetruthaboutculinary226.com
It appears that Donald D Taylor's Unite Here is a bit of a sham.
the UFC appeals to a subhuman audience....what is your point???...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1094388 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was the one who stepped up the action in Afghanistan....ask him why......
as for Iraq, we should have left after the initial military action.....nation building was a mistake....
Which is EXACTLY what Democrats were pushing for.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094389 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no problem with assigning you to fight alongside those weakling women and minorities in the battlefield.
It would help cull the herd of dead-weight Liberal azzholes.
how many men will need to die needlessly because women can't carry their weight???...
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#1094390 Mar 9, 2014
Reverend Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiny... Mah main man! Hiding behind another of your multiple personalities and spewing racism, I see.
Go up and say it to Pedro's face, keyboard warrior. Because the next thing Pedro will pack in his plastic bag will be your sorry azz.
Listen, homey...how do you know I am not latino dumazz?
Thats because you are a total dumphk...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094391 Mar 9, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Here's what Snopes has to say about your Parable: Other differences include:
"Bill's" books are not knocked out of his arms by a gang of bullies; he trips all on his own, with the story heavily implying no one other than "Mark" is around to see this.
"Mark" invites "Bill" in for a Coke, and they do spend the rest of the afternoon together, but not the rest of the weekend (as in the Internet version), nor does "Mark" work "Bill" into his circle of friends.
The boys don't become best friends in this tale. They have sporadic contact with one another throughout their school lives, but they are never more than distantly friendly.
The Internet version clearly exaggerates each of the story's main points: A boy who trips over his own feet becomes a lad beset by bullies...Why don't you indicate it was not you who sent to Duke, Dummy? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/glurge/kyle.asp#BQxY7td...
snopes...

ROTFLMAO.....
Nuthouse Patient Control

United States

#1094392 Mar 9, 2014
Love Dem Radicals wrote:
<quoted text>No, if you pick a town of Democrats and look at it in City Data, you will see how you racist Democrats voted against Obama. Why are you such an idiot?
Shiny got out of his strait jacket, locked himself in the administrator's office and is posting nonsense.

Oh well, he's done it before.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094393 Mar 9, 2014
And then there's this www.uniteherehealth.org

So we find a hospitality union that doesn't actually broker health insurance to it's typically low wage members but is actually an insurer selling it's own products to a captive audience. Oh Myyyy!

And those products don't comply with the minimum standards set out in the ACA. Junk products designed to screw those with the least need for a screwin. Oh Myyy!

And our old pal Emutt thought that Donald D Taylors bullsht was worth sharing.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1094394 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
Yes, all true. And all recited in a full Free Mason Ceremony when the statue was dedicated.
Don't take my word ... Research it ... You're very good at that.
<quoted text>
The sonnet was written by poet Emma Lazarus whose Jewish parents had immigrated to New York from from Portugal.

The fact that the statue was designed by a French sculptor who happened to be a Free Mason, matters not to me. It does not change the FACT that she is a symbol of freedom in America.

As an aside, did you know that Bartholdi actually completed a statue of a Black women with a broken chain of slavery in her left hand and at her feet in 1870? That original concept was, obviously, not acceptable. Before the U.S. would accept delivery, "Her face was remodeled and changes to her pose were made, by request of the American council of the Statute of Liberty for political reasons".

http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/statue-of-liber...
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094395 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
with costs at $50K per year and more, only the very rich and the very poor can afford the best colleges....the middle class is shut out.....
Nonsense. At least 60% of Harvard students are there on scholarships of some kind. Its mission statement stipulates there will be no one prevented from attending the school because of lack of fiscal means. My own school was a full-scholarship only school until last year and that only changed because somebody thought it would be a good idea to choose an Indian chief administrator and he managed to piss away the school's endowment on a nifty new building next door which nobody needed but which served his vision of himself in manner more conducive to his Bollywood theme. Beside, there is no middle class. Unions provided the means for the young and the poor to enter the middle class and you've worked your little tushy's off to ruin those. On the other hand there's always Scandinavia where a college education is provided by the state to everyone. Works a lot better, cracker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Star Tribune: Franken Wona t Resign, Staffer Says 3 min Julia 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 242,999
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Eddie M 319,972
News Senator Al Franken cut from PBS David Letterman... 14 min Julia 6
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 19 min Retribution 75
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 20 min inbred Genius 217
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 27 min Retribution 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr About time 41,858
More from around the web