Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396395 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1090934 Mar 4, 2014
Overstayed my topix rationed time today.

But unless it's just a coincidence (and I'm hoping it is), you can come back on now, Galt.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1090935 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're sometimes left wondering if the majority on the left believe anything is worth fighting and dying for.
If they lost their freedoms for just one day or thrown into a gulag for just one minute, they'd be suiting up and applying the war paint. They just can't seem to get past their complacency or that their own freedoms aren't free and that nothing is guaranteed to stay the same.
It's too late once freedom is taken away and too often that's taken for granted by far too many on the left who can't seem to recognize progressive liberalism is attempting to do that.
What's even more worrisome is that they don't seem to mind as long as it's not their freedoms and as long as they're standing on what they think is the right side but is the wrong side of history.
Gibberish on steroids__LMAO at Carol reduced to posting with topix trolls.

Seek help doll__really.
Baawwaahhh

New Hyde Park, NY

#1090936 Mar 4, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We always ignore yours. Way too boring..
Yet MORE of Waxturd's hallucinatory and pointless observations based on absolutely nothing. Zero.
Words of wisdom from WAXTURD, TOPIX favorite world-class meshuggenah ''anul-sphincter''!!!

Who's we fknutz, you and your gerbil??
Lil Olive Skin Kid

Buffalo, NY

#1090937 Mar 4, 2014
PS Remember when The Democrats holding office in Red States backed off of the Gun Control Issue with a quickness when We The People started up about their 2nd Amendment Right being trampled?

Well, it may be like that for some of The Senate Seats up for re-election in both Red and Blue States. Many Democrats are dissatisfied with Obamacare and Barack's ( lack of ) leadership abilities ... Buyer's Remorse.

Liberals believe ONLY Conservatives/Republicans covet their 2nd Amendment Right.
Never have they been more wrong and out of touch with Real Americans:
Excluding Libertarians, Independents, Blue Dawgs ...
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they should be forced to swim with that albatross around their necks. They passed it. They forced it on everyone else. And if this president gets away with changing his own law at will on his own whim for political posturing and manipulation, there'd better be an outcry just short of storming the castle. Enough is truly enough.
Or we've all just become pansies of the state. And get what we deserve.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090938 Mar 4, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, at least he's an American, Dong!
lol! From your reich wing perspective, thank you son!

Say hello to your hammer and sickle leader for me will you?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090939 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's gridlock precisely because Obama truly believes he's SUPPOSED to get his way because he won and doesn't need to represent the interests of all the people by reaching across the aisle.
Then there's Harry Reid - the "brick wall" majority leader in the Senate who refuses to allow any bill passed by the House to be brought up for a vote - doing his bidding.
Harry Reid actually stood on the Senate Floor and told millions who no longer have insurance or can't get the same treatments they once had under Obamacare that they're all big fat liars.
Yes, this is who the blindly ignorant and complacent keep electing.
lol! The reich wing finally learned how to treat the debt ceiling instead of holding America and Americans hostage.

I guess the third time's a charm for those nuts who cheered earlier!

Say, why aren't you boohoohooing the extended ceiling? You should be crying and ranting and raving about the all that previous crap... whatever it was!
Raspy Putin

Edgerton, WI

#1090940 Mar 4, 2014
I'm going to write a chinee parable since they're obviously a dime a dozen anyway.

Once upon a time there was a man who lived with his family on top of a mountain in Tibet. The chinese emperor became angry that this "holy-man" never showed up at the palace to beg for the emperor's favor and over the course of many years, he convinced himself that the "holy-man" must be showing disrespect and should be punished.

He sent soldiers for this disrespectful man who - because HE was an Emperor - must logically be his "servant." The "holy man," however, did not consider himself a "servant" of the Emperor's or anyone else's, in fact he never gave the Emperor a moment's thought. He just went about his life, enjoying his family and trying to make as little trouble for others as possible. He was well-liked by his fellows and so everyone was surprised when a few dozen chinese soldiers showed up to arrest him.

The "holy man" was brought before the emperor in chains after having endured a three day march on foot tied behind a horse, without food or water. He was pretty tired but still managed to convey a dignified and not unfriendly air, despite his difficult circumstances, and this nearly drove the Emperor out of his mind!

He jumped up off of his throne, grabbed a burning log from the brazier, and began to beat the holy man senseless. Since the poor fellow was chained between two brawny soldiers he was incapable of defending himself or of even raising his hands in any semblance of defense so he was beaten senseless by the Emperor and lay unconscious on the floor of the throne room while the Emperor broke every bone in his body with the burning log.

When his anger had run its course and the man was dead, the Emperor could see the stirrings of doubt in the eyes of those soldiers and courtiers around him and he knew what it meant to him and HIS family. He therefore ordered the soldiers to ride to the village where the "holy-man" had lived and to kill the holy-man's family and friends lest they begin to ask any unwelcome questions as to what had happened.

Then he had his courtiers and soldiers rewarded for their heroic service to his administration with a small bag of gold coins. Then he ordered the room cleared, except for his scribes - for he was illiterate himself - and he began to dictate a... parable. A parable which would cast what he had just done in the best possible light so that history would not judge him too harshly and to make it harder for any other man to knock him off his golden throne.

What the Emperor did not know, was that "his" three scribes were sons of the "Holy Man." After they'd finished writing his silly lies, they all 3 drove their pens into his heart. Then they dragged the Emperor's children out of their beds, and, as he was dying, made him watch as the screaming children were disemboweled, dismembered and thrown into the flames of the fire. With his dying breath the Emperor realized his mistake...

There, now you have two fantastical descriptions of the same event. Your ridiculous and cruel one... and my much more likely one. Which do you like better? Excuse me, do you happen to have a pen handy?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090941 Mar 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are so busy wiping eggs off their faces they fall behind. I noticed that Nutanyahooo has put in his two cents. His claim that he is ready "to make historic peace with Palestinian neighbors" is such a lie. He only wants peace on his terms. Nothing has changed.
That's always been the case with israel. I guess they consider that a position of strength.

Well, no matter, in less than 25 years the israelis will be the minority in their namesake country.

Funny, I don't hear the reich wing cries of 'Pu-tin! Pu-tin!' anymore either. I wonder why?(snicker)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090942 Mar 4, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Obama loves "Corpes" "Men" too!
Obama - their idiot president.
Well, bushie boy created thousands of them for no reason son.

Clearly actions speak louder than words.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090943 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. Livadia Palace is astounding. But, it's next to the goddam coast, you moron. Very close to the Lastivchinee Gnizdo, which is more astounding.(If you went to Livadia Palace, you would have had to pass by Lastivchinee Gnizdo. If you were going to mention just one of the two, you would have mentioned Lastivchinee Gnizdo. But, you'd have to have seen them to know that.)
Keep looking in that travel brochure and tell us more about Crimea.
By the way, the main source of income for Crimea doesn't come from tourism. Crimea is like one large vinyard in the interior, you moron. Grapes and wine are the main products. Russian Admirals and Generals and high ranking officers retire there. The headquarters of Russia's Black Sea Fleet is in Sevastopol. But, tell us more about what you found on the internet.
lol! You're still running and hiding I see my little dill weed!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090944 Mar 4, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's favorite pet?
Everyone knows he likes to eat dog!
It's part of his third world culture...
poor little ruskie you!!!
Raspy Putin

Edgerton, WI

#1090945 Mar 4, 2014
Fecit. G'head, Fecit.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1090946 Mar 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a whole billion!!! golly!
did you read the article i gave you?
One company invests a billion dollars... and you are so ignorant you don't think that is significant?
There were a double handful of companies identified sinking huge sums of money into Russia with long-term payout requirements. Would you be saying that the board of, oh, say, Ford Motor Company, the only automobile manufacturer that didn't need Obama to bail them out, doesn't know as much as you know about where and how to invest?
Perhaps the board members of Ford didn't read that article, either. You should call them right away and tell them they don't know what they're doing and are making a mistake. Send them a copy of that article.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1090947 Mar 4, 2014
Ran across this today and would like to share -

States Are Getting Tough, Globalists Are Getting Even – Cease & Desist Demanded

February 23, 2014

by the Keenan Team

The Globalists’ New World Order train has long-tried to leave the station, but The People of the United States just stubbornly refuse to get on board. And now the Globalists are preparing to punish the People of The United States through the fire sale and liquidation of her territories, assets, property and rights, as well as the significant and imminent devaluation of the US dollar, hatched at the February G20 meeting in Australia of corporate criminals masquerading as heads of state....

You will not hear a peep about it in on the Globalists’ multinational corporate controlled mass media. State legislatures are boiling with laws rejecting and reversing the Federal tyranny within their territories. Currently the States having passed or are in the process of passing legislation are -

READ MORE: http://2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com/2014/0...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090948 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
All Obama knows is he really needs a diversion now. He's getting the crap beat out of him everywhere else.
The bad part is, the rest of the world, like Russia and China, also know that.
Obama is like an amateur poker player playing blindfolded on a Mississippi River boat when he has to deal with the world.
What's the matter son? When are you going to congratulate your bushie boy on a job well done with the armed forces for his 'mission accomplished'?
RedLobsterGhost

Satellite Beach, FL

#1090949 Mar 4, 2014
RedLobsterGhost wrote:
<quoted text> "liar"? Did you say, "liar"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Suck it up, Obamabots! LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090950 Mar 4, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We always ignore yours. Way too boring..
lol! you need to understand English first my little ruskie fiend!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1090951 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
“I never dared be radical when young for fear it would make me conservative when old.’… Robert Frost
"That's Robert, of course, and has nothing whatever to do with me. If you get to be sufficiently radical at the outset and develop skills with girls and older women you need never fear becoming conservative."
Raspy Putin
Interesting. I wonder if Robert Frost used the same definition of "liberal" as you so-called "progressives" that institute the most regressives imaginable today.

What is ludicrous is a bunch of morons promoting the elimination of a limited government with a governmental standard, and the institution of totalitarian government by temporary whim indicative of the some nobility governing a medieval fiefdom of peasant serfs bound to the land calling themselves "liberal". That has to be the height of ignorance.

No, I really, really doubt Robert Frost had you or your ignorant peers in mind when he used the word "liberal". I believe he was actually referring to the actual definition of "liberal", and not you medieval ignorant nutcases.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1090952 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
I'm going to write a chinee parable since they're obviously a dime a dozen anyway.
Once upon a time there was a man who lived with his family on top of a mountain in Tibet. The chinese emperor became angry that this "holy-man" never showed up at the palace to beg for the emperor's favor and over the course of many years, he convinced himself that the "holy-man" must be showing disrespect and should be punished.
He sent soldiers for this disrespectful man who - because HE was an Emperor - must logically be his "servant." The "holy man," however, did not consider himself a "servant" of the Emperor's or anyone else's, in fact he never gave the Emperor a moment's thought. He just went about his life, enjoying his family and trying to make as little trouble for others as possible. He was well-liked by his fellows and so everyone was surprised when a few dozen chinese soldiers showed up to arrest him.
The "holy man" was brought before the emperor in chains after having endured a three day march on foot tied behind a horse, without food or water. He was pretty tired but still managed to convey a dignified and not unfriendly air, despite his difficult circumstances, and this nearly drove the Emperor out of his mind!
He jumped up off of his throne, grabbed a burning log from the brazier, and began to beat the holy man senseless. Since the poor fellow was chained between two brawny soldiers he was incapable of defending himself or of even raising his hands in any semblance of defense so he was beaten senseless by the Emperor and lay unconscious on the floor of the throne room while the Emperor broke every bone in his body with the burning log.
When his anger had run its course and the man was dead, the Emperor could see the stirrings of doubt in the eyes of those soldiers and courtiers around him and he knew what it meant to him and HIS family. He therefore ordered the soldiers to ride to the village where the "holy-man" had lived and to kill the holy-man's family and friends lest they begin to ask any unwelcome questions as to what had happened.
Then he had his courtiers and soldiers rewarded for their heroic service to his administration with a small bag of gold coins. Then he ordered the room cleared, except for his scribes - for he was illiterate himself - and he began to dictate a... parable. A parable which would cast what he had just done in the best possible light so that history would not judge him too harshly and to make it harder for any other man to knock him off his golden throne.
What the Emperor did not know, was that "his" three scribes were sons of the "Holy Man." After they'd finished writing his silly lies, they all 3 drove their pens into his heart. Then they dragged the Emperor's children out of their beds, and, as he was dying, made him watch as the screaming children were disemboweled, dismembered and thrown into the flames of the fire. With his dying breath the Emperor realized his mistake...
There, now you have two fantastical descriptions of the same event. Your ridiculous and cruel one... and my much more likely one. Which do you like better? Excuse me, do you happen to have a pen handy?
Nice use of "brazier" in a story__I don't recall seeing that word actually used before beyond on DQ signs.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1090953 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing will happen as long as the Democrats can keep that RINO Democrat plant Boehner in the Speaker's chair. His job is to sabotage any serious opposition to the Democrats' agenda.
poor baby....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Columbus veteran, ousted for sexual orientation... 1 min Posting as myself 18
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Shrilbilly 228,977
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... 2 min WeTheSheeple 17
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Zipper Head 217,077
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min THE LONE WORKER 199,532
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Mikey 3,646
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 8 min southern at heart 2,116
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Brian_G 388,440
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 22 min southern at heart 387
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 9 hr serfs up 70
More from around the web