Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1080905 Feb 16, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>If by " middle America" you mean NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago, yep, the conservatives have lost. Just wait until the Obama regimes Keynesian economy starts affecting the people that live in the McMansions out in the suburbs, and they can't afford to switch out their Lexus every two years, and they can't afford to send the kids to their Alma Mater. Then you'll see how much they will accept your Marxist propaganda . For the most part, Americans are still asleep. That's why you radicals can ram this morally corrupt shit through the courts. Your window of opportunity is shrinking, however.
morally corrupt?

and i suppose that concern trumps the Constitution? but if you'd like to try to explain how the two relate i'd be happy to laugh at whatever you make up and/or steal from a fringe right wing site.

shrinking window? do you know how many times i've heard the same sort of thing in the last 6 years? so what will it be? A Republican Congress? that's going to have to fight a Dem minority that just took lessons form the GOP in obstruction? never mind the POTUS veto pen or signing statements, those Dems will make sure the GOP gets NOTHING done.

payback is a bitch.
Tacitus

Wilson, NC

#1080906 Feb 16, 2014
I suppose I should close with the following, in fairness. You too have assumed the name of another, as have most of us, for, surely, MDbuilder cannot be it in your case? So the question should probably be amended to something like, "Why do people like us..."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1080907 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Goddamn, if you can't say anything that makes sense, keep your fcking mouth closed, a**hole.
lol! You should follow your own advice son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1080908 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Misery is your bread and butter. That, a bottle and a bowl of beans is all you require. I'm passionate about my country and what you liberals are doing to it. I've been around long enough to see and feel the decline. I won't go quietly or easily.
lol! No one is sure what country you're describing son.

My bet is it's more like Somalia......

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1080909 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i live on the border of the Rez, fool...
you live on a Reservation?

hehheheheheheehh!!!!!

So you have seen some brown people...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1080910 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you "served " cuz you weren't smart enough to get into college? good work, son....
then why do you continually make an ass of yourself posting things that are completely untrue about our nation and the way it works?
my guess would be you are full of shit...
That's the problem. Guessing, hoping and good intentions don't get you anything but disappointment.
I don't give a shit what you think of me. It's none of my business.

Boys my age didn't have many options in 1968. But that's probably ancient history to you. And of little interest anyway, no doubt.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1080911 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
I suppose I should close with the following, in fairness. You too have assumed the name of another, as have most of us, for, surely, MDbuilder cannot be it in your case? So the question should probably be amended to something like, "Why do people like us..."
To the best of my knowledge, no one else has ever used mdbuilder, except briefly a year or two ago. Could have been you. And since I've been on Topix, I've never used another name. Least of all someone else's.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1080912 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem. Guessing, hoping and good intentions don't get you anything but disappointment.
Boys my age didn't have many options in 1968. But that's probably ancient history to you. And of little interest anyway, no doubt.
"...Guessing, hoping and good intentions don't get you anything but disappointment...."

Apparently you don't apply it to your own party... you know, guys like bushie boy. And currently, Christie!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1080913 Feb 16, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
you live on a Reservation?
hehheheheheheehh!!!!!
So you have seen some brown people...
on the border of...as stated. yes,but not all the tribe has such brown skin...you'd be amazed if you ever got out of your basement...

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1080914 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume, labuntur anni, nec pietas moram, rugis et instanti senaectae, adferet indomitaeque morti.Denique ibis.
Shit happens, then you die.
1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#1080916 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>

not assumptions...deductions based on the facts of what you post...idiotic crap that clearly shows you don't have a clue as to how your own nations works or its history....

(actually,'68 is when my uncle went in. he could have taken a deferment, but didn't. earned a silver star, came home and went on with life... your service is duly noted and appreciated.)

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1080917 Feb 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're passionate about topix you fkn liar__that's your deal. Just like skinnyErection you post on the Orlando Topix Forum__why is that? This thread is also at the US News forum where you also post.
Why the switching back and forth???
Are you a crazy ron troll too?
What? I don't change ID's with locations, what's your problem?
Tacitus

Wilson, NC

#1080918 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
To the best of my knowledge, no one else has ever used mdbuilder, except briefly a year or two ago. Could have been you. And since I've been on Topix, I've never used another name. Least of all someone else's.
Nonetheless, you appear here in the guise of your nom de plume and not your own.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1080919 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as the old saying goes, "Sic transit gloria mundi." Couldn't have said it better myselves.
In spite of ourselves.
Clueless

United States

#1080920 Feb 16, 2014
Axe-Me-Anything wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows all kinds of stuff about all kinds of drugs.
Her daughter is her dealer.
And you're a proxy using queer. Are you still trying to get "your booty" banged?
Tacitus

Wilson, NC

#1080921 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit happens, then you die.
Oh sure, NOW we're all sweetness and light.
Tacitus

Wilson, NC

#1080922 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
not assumptions...deductions based on the facts of what you post...idiotic crap that clearly shows you don't have a clue as to how your own nations works or its history....
(actually,'68 is when my uncle went in. he could have taken a deferment, but didn't. earned a silver star, came home and went on with life... your service is duly noted and appreciated.)
Ah, yes, another American hero keeping the world safe for... dominoes presumably?
1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#1080924 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as the old saying goes, "Sic transit gloria mundi." Couldn't have said it better myselves.
hey! you freaks aren't singing patriotic songs in another language, are you?
2 posts removed

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1080927 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, a patriot in your family! Good for him. I would have been drafted, so I joined.
You squeezed out the appropriate words but I don't believe your heart's in it. Thanks anyway.
Tacitus

Wilson, NC

#1080928 Feb 16, 2014
My personal opinion is that we could've ended the Vietnam invented conflict when the death toll got to 2,000,000. I think it's safe to say that that would've shown them who's boss. Remember "body counts?" How precious we were as a nation back then. Ah well, no point in bemoaning the passing of the past I suppose...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Born USA 388,103
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 216,775
News The Republican Party is dead 5 min swampmudd 1,764
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 min lides 13,071
News Clinton scores prized endorsement from Gov. Jer... 8 min RiccardoFire 24
News Democrats stage sit-in, shut down chamber overa 10 min huey goins 59
News Vacaville residents vote to get voice heard Tue... 16 min geez 7
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 36 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,135
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 42 min Democrat Hero 280
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 42 min 2all 3,452
More from around the web