Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581791 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#1081131 Feb 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I sure am glad I can go to sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless lying liberal tonight!
<quoted text>
What if you die in your sleep from old age, lady?
Gonna donate your kidney stones to the nursing home?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081132 Feb 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar...put the number on the draft notice...bahahahwhahahshahahah ahwhah
Hawley Junior or Senior?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081133 Feb 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar...put the number on the draft notice...bahahahwhahahshahahah ahwhah
the worst kind of liar...

even the scum that lies like Waxworm think lying about military service is scummy...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081135 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know anything about Hush Puppies-so I looked them up:
http://www.hushpuppies.com/US/en/Womens-Dress
Some of them are rather attractive and at least they have heels.
And then there are UGGS for the UGLY:
http://www.zappos.com/ugg-women-shoes~1
ROTFLMAO.
So when did you decide to act like an idiot and use DB as your hero?
I could picture you in some Birkenstocks running from the Nazis.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081136 Feb 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Baawwaahhhh!!!!!
Well good night "dear" - time to watch a movie, Hyime!
Gene Kelly?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Enoch Plays With Dem

Los Angeles, CA

#1081137 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawley Junior or Senior?
5 years later and you're still dreaming of Craig.
He must have really worked you over.

Tic Toc Tic Toc

St. Croix valley

#1081138 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Gene Kelly?
most likely dumb and dumber...he thinks its a documentary..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1081139 Feb 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
Whoa! You're awake already? What number? What draft notice?
Besides braying on command, what other jackass tricks can you do?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

St. Croix valley

#1081140 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! You're awake already? What number? What draft notice?
Besides braying on command, what other jackass tricks can you do?
lying scum alert!! watch for lying scum from this area!

surprised you have the balls to show your face again...but then you do seem too stupid to actually understand what a scum you are...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1081141 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the worst kind of liar...
even the scum that lies like Waxworm think lying about military service is scummy...
Men scare you, don't we, coward.

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Obama rocks

United States

#1081142 Feb 16, 2014
Obama be great. Yall just be hating.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1081143 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i like it.
the 40 percent murder rate....
“The number of murders increased 40% during [2001 - 2006], a fact that might be related to the trafficking activity.”
Eurostat’s ‘Statistics in Focus’ provides the data on homicides for most European countries. Examining this data reveals the homicide rate in Portugal has increased from 105 to 148 per 100,000 population – a 41 per cent increase. The general trend across most of the other European countries is a decline in homicide, except in Ireland, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Sweden and Scotland.
However, the definition of homicide provided by the data is:“defined as intentional killing of a person, including murder, manslaughter, euthanasia and infanticide.” There is no mention of drugs as a cause or involvement in the deaths. The only evidence comes from the UNODC’s mention of “might be related to the trafficking activity”. However this is hardly a solid foundation for assuming the murders are drug-related.
https://fullfact.org/factchecks/Portugal_decr...
one down.
yeah none of the O'bama son's murder each other in Chicago because of drugs either. One down. Of course what difference does it make if a black face kills a black face, they were inspiring dancers-they were good boys. Just like the black faced girl--Hadiya Pendleton that the O'bamas used. She was hanging out with GDs when she was killed-but of course her being black and all the O'bama's used her as an example. Ever wonder why all the black faces go on TV and cry and let the media cover their grief?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#1081144 Feb 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
A study conducted by the Harris Organization for the Veterans Administration and released in 1980, an ABC-Washington Post poll released in 1985 and the National Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Study of the Research Triangle Institute agree that the majority of Vietnam veterans entered the military by enlistment. The readjustment study found that approximately 70 percent of Vietnam veterans enlisted, only 11 percent of whom reported they did so to "avoid the draft."

Vietnam veterans are still at war, with media figures who deny our patriotism and disparage our service by characterizing us as dummies too maladroit to have wrangled deferments. When questioned if they would serve again if asked, the majority of Vietnam veterans replied they would.

We Vietnam veterans are a group about whom a tremendous amount of nonsense has been said and written, and we must be on our guard against members of the media who need to validate their conduct during the war by casting discredit upon those who served. BERNARD A. HEENEY Bayonne, N.J., June 13, 1994
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/21/opinion/l-t...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081145 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, believe it or not, they issued draft cards before the first draw. I know that seems like quite a bit of advanced planning, when compared to today's government, but that's the way it was.
Give it up. You have been proven to be a fraud. The issuing of a draft card had absolutely nothing to do with when someone's number was up.

FACT: There was no such thing as a "low number" prior to 1969. All men 18 1/2 through 25 years old, were classified 1-A and were drafted oldest first unless they had a deferment. Just because someone had a draft card didn't mean they knew when they would be drafted. They just sat in limbo during the entire time they were within the draft-eligible age group.(Although certainly, if you couldn't afford college it was a good bet you'd end up in the military.)

I can remember protests against the draft in 1965 when the number to be drafted was increased from about 3,000 a month to 33,000 a month but no one had any idea when they would receive an induction notice. It was the luck of the draw.

After 1969, the draft was based on the draw of birth dates:

December 1, 1969, "366 blue plastic capsules containing birth dates were placed in a large glass jar and drawn by hand to assign order-of-call numbers to all men within the 18-26 age range specified in Selective Service law.

With radio, film and TV coverage, the capsules were drawn from the jar, opened, and the dates inside posted in order. The first capsule - drawn by Congressman Alexander Pirine (R-NY) of the House Armed Services Committee - contained the date September 14, so all men born on September 14 in any year between 1944 and 1950 were assigned lottery number 1. The drawing continued until all days of the year had been matched to lottery numbers."

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/deploymentscon...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#1081146 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lying scum alert!! watch for lying scum from this area!
surprised you have the balls to show your face again...but then you do seem too stupid to actually understand what a scum you are...
We were alerted to you a long time ago. Now GFY if you can figure out how. I understand Leo can give you directive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1081147 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
We had to register for the draft by our 18th birthday. That's when you got your selective service number and lottery number. I turned 18 in April of '68 and enlisted before the end of the year.
Nope. That's not the way it worked. There were no "lottery numbers" prior to December, 1969. NONE. You are a liar.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081148 Feb 16, 2014
Enoch Plays With Dem wrote:
<quoted text>
5 years later and you're still dreaming of Craig.
He must have really worked you over.
Tic Toc Tic Toc
Enoch is dead you silly old fk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

United States

#1081149 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>yeah none of the O'bama son's murder each other in Chicago because of drugs either. One down. Of course what difference does it make if a black face kills a black face, they were inspiring dancers-they were good boys. Just like the black faced girl--Hadiya Pendleton that the O'bamas used. She was hanging out with GDs when she was killed-but of course her being black and all the O'bama's used her as an example. Ever wonder why all the black faces go on TV and cry and let the media cover their grief?

crying white face.

Dunn showed no emotion as the verdicts were read. But afterwards, he turned to his lawyer, Cory Strolla, and asked, "How is this happening?"

"Obviously, my client is devastated at the outcome. Never saw it coming one bit,"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

and didn't FOX use Zimmerman in their race baiting campaign? or most any white guy who beat the overwhelming odds of being killed by another white guy? though i can never tell which FOX likes the most; the killers or the killed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1081151 Feb 16, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet! You are talking to a devious person with affection.
What a wonderful reflection on who you are.
What's devious? Posting under unregistered screen names? If you think that is so underhanded, why do you do it? The poster is skillful not necessarily "devious". I really don't understand your point of view. I don't view either of you as deceitful, dishonest, unethical, unprincipled, immoral, unscrupulous, fraudulent, dubious, unfair, treacherous, duplicitous etc, etc, etc. You are just two people who are protective of your personal information and choose not to register.
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1081152 Feb 16, 2014
Hi USA ... I caught part of that interview and agree.
What business is it of Romney's. What's he concerned Russia's Opening Ceremony out did his. I thought it was a beautiful ceremony.
And it's been a very well done Olympics. The Athletes don't seem to be complaining.
Like he even knows what poverty is ...

Jealousy & Hatred ...

Yep, same nonsense on this thread. Hatred, hostility, mean spiritedness, ugly, nasty people.

Nope ... Nothing's changed. It's getting worse. I stayed gone for 6 months ... Another 6,months, a year, for good !?!..;-)

Glad I got to say Hello to you.

Take Care ...

USA wrote:
Well, I skipped over about 1,000 posts but I can tell by skimming that nothing has changed. Conservatives are still brain dead.

I listened to Romney on Meet The Press this morning. What a crank.

He criticized Russia for spending $50 billion dollars on the Olympics. Claiming that most of that money could be spent fighting poverty and disease (like he cares about poverty and disease). He's just a typical Republican who parrots conservative media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Sojurner D Truth 26,282
News Alabamaa s voters, divided over Trumpa s remark... 1 min Ioe 23
News not Real News: a look at what didn't happen thi... 5 min Trumfusion 15
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 6 min Red Crosse 52
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Justice Dale 287,423
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 7 min old_moose 1,595
News Republicans have courted racists for years. Why... 8 min Ioe 63
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 25 min ImPeach 1,409
More from around the web