Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277121 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1064746 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner who just cam'y understand why a new story isn't getting the same coverage of an old story.
Is that why 5 years later all you can blather about is Bush? Yur so transparent. Address the liar in chief Oblamer for a change.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064747 Jan 17, 2014
Liberals keep saying that 800,000 people a month were losing their jobs at the end of the Bush administration?
Obviously I am better than you asked 2 years ago
But over 400,000 per WEEK are losing their jobs now during the Obama administration.

Last week 414,000 initial claims were made for unemployment. This means these people filed a new claim because they recently lost their jobs.

Which number is higher 800,000 per month of 414,000 PER WEEK?

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/u ...
Additional Details
Its per week people: In the week ending September 3, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 414,000, an increase of 2,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 412,000. The 4-week moving average was 414,750, an increase of 3,750 from the previous week's revised average of 411,000.

2 years ago
400,000 per week is over 1,600,000 per month! Which let me see, yes that is a larger number than 800,000.
2 years ago

The liar in chief has done nothing, zero, squat, zip, nada to allow the productive and motivated to create jobs, his every move stifles job creation, ask the coal miners and energy producers.

Now the retard wants to spend over $400 billion dollers we don't have to create nothing except more welfare.

Get out of the way. president Oblamer.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064748 Jan 17, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why 5 years later all you can blather about is Bush? Yur so transparent. Address the liar in chief Oblamer for a change.
Dumb Dave is a complete idiot that just says meaningless crap. Just a brown shirt little frustrated failure of a liberal.
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1064749 Jan 17, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
His first book, A Drink Before the War (1994), which introduced the recurring characters
Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro,
won the 1995 Shamus Award for Best First P.I. Novel. The fourth book in the series, Gone, Baby, Gone, was adapted to a film of the same title in 2007; it was directed by Ben Affleck and starred Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan as Kenzie and Gennaro.[11] When commenting on the movie after receiving a sneak peek, Lehane commented that "I saw the movie and it's terrific, I wasn't gonna say anything if I didn't like it but it's really terrific."[12] Reportedly, Lehane "has never wanted to write the screenplays for the films [based on his own books], because he says he has 'no desire to operate on my own child.'"[2]
Dennis Lehane will testify that while both Patrick and Angela are old enough to vote, they are fakes...just like Barack Hussein Obama and you two, too. LOL

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064750 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You now you lost the argument when you have to drag out the CRA excuse.
You can't bear the truth, can you, Doorknob?

Try this one, with yur head out of yur rear end for a change

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.

Demorat meddling in the markets caused the mortgage fiasco, they own it 100%

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064751 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest right whiners ignore the mounting monthly job losses , nearly 800,000 jobs a month, that was in place when Obama took office.
You people are so pathetic
This is beyond pathetic, it's disgusting, however it's typical demorat policy, trying to get something for nothing and leaving taxpayers to deal with the consequences.

"

In 1999, liberals were bragging about extending affirmative action to the financial sector hailing the Clinton administration's affirmative action lending policies.

Meanwhile, economists were screaming from the rooftops that the Democrats were forcing mortgage lenders to issue loans that would fail the moment the housing market slowed and deadbeat borrowers couldn't get out of their loans by selling their houses.

Bush's White House chief economist, N. Gregory Mankiw, warned that the government's "implicit subsidy" of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac combined with loans to unqualified borrowers was creating a huge risk for the entire financial system.

The New York Times reported that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were "under heavy assault by the Republicans" but these entities still had "important political allies" in the Democrats.

In 2005 the Republican Congress House GOP leaders put forward H.R. 1461, Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005. The bill would have stripped control of Fannie & Freddie from the Housing and Urban Development Department which had turned it into a regulatory farce.

The bill also introduced advocacy provisionsť barring money from Fannie & Freddie being used as a slush fund for liberal lobbying organizations.

The Democrats opposed that measure of the bill even though it passed the House.

Also...

Andrew Cuomo, the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history, made a series of decisions between 1997 and 2001 that gave birth to the country’s current crisis.

He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down and legalized what a federal judge has branded 'kickbacks’ to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans.

His actions in combination with other factors helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments.

Three to four million families subsequently faced foreclosure and Cuomo is one of the reasons why."

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064752 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You now you lost the argument when you have to drag out the CRA excuse.
Why are you so stupid? Is it an act? Are you being paid? Related to Mooochelle?

If there would have been no coerced sub prime loans, would there have even been a crisis?

I say no.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1064753 Jan 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox has programmed the dumb, carol, to trivialize Christies scandal to a traffic jam.
So how come you believe Obama's lies and don't believe Christie when people were fired and held accountable?

And what "Christie scandal" am I trivializing?

Or he is just the biggest threat to the liberal power grabbing machine at the present time? Will all conservative candidates be picked off one by one with nefarious and suspicious scandals as well?

Look! Squirrel!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064754 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you have a problem. Evidently you have no idea that the Patriot Act was changed under Democrats where more court issued warrants were needed to spy on Americans.
Evidently you never heard of Eric Snowden.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064755 Jan 17, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is beyond pathetic, it's disgusting, however it's typical demorat policy, trying to get something for nothing and leaving taxpayers to deal with the consequences.
"
In 1999, liberals were bragging about extending affirmative action to the financial sector hailing the Clinton administration's affirmative action lending policies.
Meanwhile, economists were screaming from the rooftops that the Democrats were forcing mortgage lenders to issue loans that would fail the moment the housing market slowed and deadbeat borrowers couldn't get out of their loans by selling their houses.
Bush's White House chief economist, N. Gregory Mankiw, warned that the government's "implicit subsidy" of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac combined with loans to unqualified borrowers was creating a huge risk for the entire financial system.
The New York Times reported that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were "under heavy assault by the Republicans" but these entities still had "important political allies" in the Democrats.
In 2005 the Republican Congress House GOP leaders put forward H.R. 1461, Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005. The bill would have stripped control of Fannie & Freddie from the Housing and Urban Development Department which had turned it into a regulatory farce.
The bill also introduced advocacy provisionsť barring money from Fannie & Freddie being used as a slush fund for liberal lobbying organizations.
The Democrats opposed that measure of the bill even though it passed the House.
Also...
Andrew Cuomo, the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history, made a series of decisions between 1997 and 2001 that gave birth to the country’s current crisis.
He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down and legalized what a federal judge has branded 'kickbacks’ to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans.
His actions in combination with other factors helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments.
Three to four million families subsequently faced foreclosure and Cuomo is one of the reasons why."
Dumb Dave has absolutely no interest or ability to understand reality. He simply repeats leftwing hyperbole and wants handouts.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064756 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I object to all monthly net job losses but I understand how you only object to those under Democrat administrations since you never gave a flying f*ck about job losses under George W Bush.
Definition U6: U6 is the unemployment rate dumbass right whiners pull out to try to inflate the employment situation because.. well because the number is larger than the typically used U3.
What was the U6 at the peak of the Bush recession?
Besides the fact yur full of crap, just what did you expect republicans to do at the end of Bush's term? Wail and gnash our teeth, render our garments?

Well, stupid?

We know what YOU did after 4 years of Oblamers failures and lies, you voted for him again!

Instead of the most qualified person in the entire country who could have actually created jobs, the proven businessman, Mitt Romney.

Go find some of the 90 million unemployed and give them a job, dummy, and not just a knob job.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064757 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The roll of SCAPEGOAT for those refusing to place the blame where it belongs.
5 years later you and other imbeciles are still scapegoating Bush, deny it.
Ostupida owns all of this.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064758 Jan 17, 2014
Can I borrow a rubber mallet? The only way to get something into Davey boys concrete like head is to pound it in. Repeatedly.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064759 Jan 17, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my opinion jives with that of over 95% of climate scientists.
And a majority of citizens worldwide.
Your opinion is based on your gullibility, and it speaks volumes about how easily led you are.
And you are in a distinct minority in your opinion.
Much like your not knowing the difference between hybrids and electrics.
100% of scientists once said the earth was flat and we were the center of the universe, they were as ignorant as you and the other hysterics and dumpkoffs.

Orlando, FL

#1064760 Jan 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The jig is up. This jerk keeps right on lying and yet the NY Times crowd keeps right on acting like nothing is wrong with having a Liar-In-Chief.
Bizarre, isn't it?
He's missed his calling as a Hollywood Limousine Liberal.
He stands there with
* his hand in the cookie jar
* his pants down
* sh it on his face
* a smoking gun in his hand
* toilet paper trailing from his heel-bottom
* white powder on his nostrils
* a deer-in-the-headlights stare after getting caught in a lie
* racist bile dripping from his mouth's corners
and yet the Liberal media calmly moves on from day-to-day like a thousand Neros playing in a fiddle orchestra while Rome burns.
A corrupt media is much more of a threat and more dangerous than any corrupt politician. They enable the corruptness while dumbing down the masses and routinely go about the business of assassinating the characters of anyone who gets in the way.

And so people start thinking the lies, cover ups, deception and power grabbing is the norm because the media has given it its blessing, and demonizing any opposition becomes a popular and acceptable mindset.

The media in the pocket of those in power never has a good ending.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064761 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush must have quit looking for Al Qaeda as he declared their leader Bin Laden irrelevant & marched off to invade Iraq, a country that had no Al Qaeda & had nothing to do with 9-11.
Did Bush leave Afghanistan? Funny, Doorknob, I never heard of that.

Didn't the liar in chief say al quiada was on the run?

Did they all run to Libya?

Why, yes many if them did as soon as Gaddafi was gone, with Oblamers assistance in the form of missiles that killed innocents, including women and children.

The Drone King.

Orlando, FL

#1064762 Jan 17, 2014
Lnc wrote:
The President acts and the Republicans divide and whine
"Acts" is accurate. He does act. Like in pretending to be something he's not.

Republicans want to be recognized as representatives of the people they represent. Unfortunately, they aren't the people obey cares about.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064763 Jan 17, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that AQ was not in Iraq? 100 percent sure of that?
No matter what they call themselves, there are islamofascists in virtually every arab country, the less of an authoritarian leader, the more vocal and visible they are, libs are too ignorant and stupid to realize it. They were lurking in the shadows in Libya and Egypt and Oblamer helped bring them out to maim and murder. Many, many are dead now because of Oblamers actions.

Fail.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064764 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush must have quit looking for Al Qaeda as he declared their leader Bin Laden irrelevant & marched off to invade Iraq, a country that had no Al Qaeda & had nothing to do with 9-11.
What did the death of Osama accomplish?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1064765 Jan 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a job you lazy shiftless tea bagger.
Aw, are you getting teabagged in honor of Moochelles birthday? How sweet, does she know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Blitzking 173,817
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Sharrp Shooter 341,232
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 12 min Mr_SKY 12,769
News Turkey duped the US, and ISIS reaps rewards 14 min SpaceBlues 28
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min An NFL Fan 193,972
News Iowa poll: Trump, Carson lead GOP race 22 min Bama Yankee 22
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 24 min joey 475
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 45 min Quirky 391
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 48 min positronium 135
More from around the web