Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406090 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1051494 Jan 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/201 4/01/01/federal-judge-strikes- down-florida-gov-rick-scotts-w elfare-drug-testing-law/
A federal judge in Orlando, Florida ruled Tuesday that the state’s law requiring drug tests from all applicants for public assistance is unconstitutional. According to the New York Times, Judge Mary S. Scriven found that the law — Tea Party Gov. Rick Scott (R)’s signature piece of legislation — violates the U.S. Constitution’s protections against unreasonable searches and seizures.
Interesting. Here we had the rethugs posting over and over about how Justice Sotomayor’s issued a two-sentence order good only until January 3rd, that the Obama administration "respond to a bid by the Denver and Baltimore chapters of the Little Sisters of the Poor for an exemption to the mandate." While, completely ignoring a far more binding court order ruling which shoots down a piece of Tea Party legislation.

Thanks for the post.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1051495 Jan 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Whatever happened to all those terrible things when Obama went into Chicken Little mode about the Sequester cuts?
"Criminals will be set free"
blah, blah, blah
What are you talking about? Janet A. Napolitano made a reference to the release of illegal immigrants held in detention facilities...people who posed absolutely no risk or danger to society....if Republicans didn't want to pay for their detention. The only person who referred to them as "criminals" was the Virginia Republican who oversees ICE.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1051496 Jan 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I this...
I that...
Anyone smell an ignorant narcissist?
You are so childish. Never graduated from high school did you?
YTube

Marietta, GA

#1051497 Jan 1, 2014

The day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST ----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1051498 Jan 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/201 4/01/01/federal-judge-strikes- down-florida-gov-rick-scotts-w elfare-drug-testing-law/
A federal judge in Orlando, Florida ruled Tuesday that the state’s law requiring drug tests from all applicants for public assistance is unconstitutional. According to the New York Times, Judge Mary S. Scriven found that the law — Tea Party Gov. Rick Scott (R)’s signature piece of legislation — violates the U.S. Constitution’s protections against unreasonable searches and seizures.
You're gettin' tired of those Breathalyzer Tests, hey lily?

Lapeer, MI

#1051499 Jan 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so childish. Never graduated from high school did you?
Anyone smell an ignorant narcissist?
1 post removed

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1051501 Jan 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Janet A. Napolitano made a reference to the release of illegal immigrants held in detention facilities...people who posed absolutely no risk or danger to society....if Republicans didn't want to pay for their detention. The only person who referred to them as "criminals" was the Virginia Republican who oversees ICE.
The person referring to "illegal" immigrants as criminals was correct by definition. And who made the assessment that these "illegal" immigrants being held in detention "posed absolutely no risk or danger to society?"
LCNin

United States

#1051502 Jan 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gettin' tired of those Breathalyzer Tests, hey lily?
"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n
LCNin

United States

#1051503 Jan 1, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
Sun's gone down....time for the nightly rightwing circle jerk!
Have fun queens!
seems a valid prediction

Lapeer, MI

#1051504 Jan 1, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The person referring to "illegal" immigrants as criminals was correct by definition. And who made the assessment that these "illegal" immigrants being held in detention "posed absolutely no risk or danger to society?"
USAsince wants to refer to them as being Undocumented Citizens who accidentally wandered across the border at 4AM and woke up at a Welfare Office looking for work.

All of this "Illegal", "Drug Mules", Anchor Babies and "Terrorists" stuff is just a "vast right-wing conspiracy" as Hillary Hog Thighs would say.

Lapeer, MI

#1051505 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n
No rest for the Wicked, no shame for the Stupid and neither rest nor shame for Liberals.

Lapeer, MI

#1051506 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
seems a valid prediction
Time to take your teeth out and get to work.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1051507 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
seems a valid prediction
Oh, Patrick!
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1051508 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Angela!

Bozeman, MT

#1051509 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be the case
What will the democrats up for reelection in '14 do? Well, that depends on the level of deceit and the amount of lies they're willing to use

Will they run ON Obamacare or run AWAY from Obamacare?

I can hear them now: "Well I was against Obamacare before I was for it, and now it appears I was right the first time!"

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1051510 Jan 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Anyone interested in seeing how charitable red states are compared to he selfish, greedy, cold-hearted Democ-RAT blue states?
Here you go!
http://wizbangblog.com/2012/08/22/charitable-...
Hey libtards!
Is Al "Jazeera" Gore a greedy capitalist?
"Gores' Charitable Giving Raises Some Eyebrows"
"In a 34-page 1997 federal tax return, Vice President Al Gore and wife Tipper reported giving $353 to charity"
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/15/gor...
LOL. "Wisbangblog". Seriously?

Romney didn't give ANYTHING unless you count what he was FORCED to tithe to his church and what he donated to his own personal Tyler Foundation which gave money to such things as the anti-gay Massachusetts Family Institute; the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty....a year after its chairman, Seamus Hasson, compared marriage-equality activists to Al Qaeda; Belmont Hill School where all five of Romney's sons attended; the Best Friends Foundation, A program for troubled adolescents that advocates sexual abstinence; the boys and girls club of Boston where Romney campaigned; Brigham Young University, Romney's alma mater;
a couple of MS organizations, his wife's disease; etc.

If you look at what the Tyler Foundation actually gave to organizations that were not tied to the Romney family or useful to him personally its infinitesimal...$160,000 out of his $20+ million dollar earnings...less than 1%. Still not as bad as Gore but then again, he made less than $200,000...barely enough to get by in his position.

Bozeman, MT

#1051511 Jan 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
The posts made by right wing morons here today demonstrate how mentally disturbed the far right base has become. I concede most are made by the same person but what an embarrassing day for the party claiming the "moral high ground".
Claiming the moral high ground? Was that something some republican said 1992?

Bet you didn't know the far left was the party claiming: "Morals? We ain't got no morals. We don't need no morals! I don't have to show you any stinkin' morals!"

You gotta admit the vast majority of the far left is made up of unabashed degenerates who think the Ten Commandments are impossible to adhere to.

Lapeer, MI

#1051512 Jan 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
The posts made by right wing morons here today demonstrate how mentally disturbed the far right base has become. I concede most are made by the same person but what an embarrassing day for the party claiming the "moral high ground".
"moral high ground"????

What in the Hell do you know about morals?

Speak about that which you are knowledgeable of like hedonistic anarchism, loose lips, rimming, etc.

You will learn in any writing class that a writer's best performance begins with personal experience.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ....

Lapeer, MI

#1051513 Jan 1, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
Sun's gone down....time for the nightly rightwing circle jerk!
Have fun queens!
When the Sun goes down, you follow suit:)

Lapeer, MI

#1051514 Jan 1, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What will the democrats up for reelection in '14 do? Well, that depends on the level of deceit and the amount of lies they're willing to use
Will they run ON Obamacare or run AWAY from Obamacare?
I can hear them now: "Well I was against Obamacare before I was for it, and now it appears I was right the first time!"
Like Rancid Pelosi said, "We'll have to pass it first to see what's in it!"

Now that they know what's in it, they'll claim they're against it!!

Problem: The Magic Negro keeps changing it weekly so they can't get specific about what they're against:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Born USA 391,661
News Madeleine Albright on Donald Trump: 'He has und... 1 min Mikey 19
News At least once per lifetime, an election actuall... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 7
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 5,742
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 6 min litesong 308
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min HILLARY 2016 233,604
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min THE LONE WORKER 201,743
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 9 min Ronald 16
News Trump bounces into the lead 2 hr Go Blue Forever 310
More from around the web