Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1249899 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043628 Dec 17, 2013
Pay the furloughed rich people and screw the veterans...

'During the shutdown of the federal government in October 2013, the Department of Veterans Affairs furloughed 1,406 employees who are paid an annual salary of $100,000 or more (356 in the Office of Information & Technology, 832 in the Veterans Benefits Administration, and 218 in the Office of the Inspector General). This means $5.6 million was spent to pay $4,000 or more to each of the employees for not performing any duties. Over this same period, some services to veterans were halted or curtailed and progress to reduce the veterans’ disability claims backlog was stalled..."
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public//index.cf...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043629 Dec 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to borrow my tourniquet? It will at least cut down on the splatter.
My head explodes, figuratively speaking, on a daily basis.

But since you mentioned Homer's culottes, this might also be a nice look on him.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cd_player/811946...

Or this....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40861494 @N03/11190186515/in/pool-menin skirts
...if he ditches the socks.

What do you think?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043630 Dec 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Brown, the greatest running back in NFL history, now road kill under the Obama bus....
Maybe they'll give him a job on Fox now and a big fat check; lots of irrelevant people are looking for attention and make fools of themselves. Kinda like Bob Woodward.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043631 Dec 17, 2013
Vanity Fair Warns...

George W. Bush has managed a resurgence as a beloved personality and even online "hipster icon."

President Bush has returned to the public eye in recent months for a number of unlikely reasons. His leaked paintings garnered much attention on Gawker, BuzzFeed, and all matter of blogs with young readers.

His letter of support to University of Alabama's Cade Foster, as Vanity Fair's Juli Weiner notes, went viral. And the death of Nelson Mandela turned the world's eye to the United States's efforts in South Africa, of which the Bush Administration's were second to none.

LOL

Guess we can expect another "W" assassination movie or book.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043632 Dec 17, 2013
Our money flushed down the toilet...

$48K for romance novel conference!!!!!!!

"In 2010, NEH awarded a two year grant totaling $48,000
for the “planning and scripting for a film, a symposium, and reading and discussion programs on how romance literature reflects universal themes of courtship, love, and intimacy” as well as travel to conferences about romance novels..."

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043633 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I would close some military bases overseas, lower funding to other countries, get rid of Medicare Part D, get rid of the the Dept. of Homeland Security, I would review all spending to each state, plenty of waste there. I'd have to look at every single item in the budget, there is plenty of pork both Republican and Democrat. I would also create a path to citizenship for illegals, there is a huge tax base there waiting to be tapped and we're broke. I would also get rid of tax write offs for donations, political contributions, no matching funds. There is plenty of stuff to be ripped out of the budget.
YES! and farm subsidies, corporate subsidies...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043634 Dec 17, 2013
Evil rich corporations...

$251K

to study Filibusters in the Senate...

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043635 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack you okay? I worry when you start to argue with yourself.
Who came to his school? Jim Brown? when? in 1970? I suppose this makes him and Flack BFFs?

Orlando, FL

#1043636 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I would close some military bases overseas, lower funding to other countries, get rid of Medicare Part D, get rid of the the Dept. of Homeland Security, I would review all spending to each state, plenty of waste there. I'd have to look at every single item in the budget, there is plenty of pork both Republican and Democrat. I would also create a path to citizenship for illegals, there is a huge tax base there waiting to be tapped and we're broke. I would also get rid of tax write offs for donations, political contributions, no matching funds. There is plenty of stuff to be ripped out of the budget.
By the way, you mentioned something about lies and me, in particular, doing the lying.

Care to share them? And, if not, zipping it?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043637 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they'll give him a job on Fox now and a big fat check; lots of irrelevant people are looking for attention and make fools of themselves. Kinda like Bob Woodward.
The Boca Rat is looking for a job with Al Sharpton on MSNBC.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043638 Dec 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain why he is wearing culottes today.
You told me it was culottes day. 15 degrees, I should have dressed warmer.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1043639 Dec 17, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Essential workers and how to flush money down the drain for some votes...
Federal Workers?
"More than 100,000 federal employees being paid a salary of at least $100,000 were furloughed as non-essential. Each of these were
paid $4,000 for the time off of work during the shutdown"
What shutdown?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043640 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO!!! That about nails it! I saved this one.
No it doesnt'. So, tell us again; Jim Brown came to your school in the 70's and now you're BFFs?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043641 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are beginning to sound like Nuc and his Waxmans
Just answer the question. Are you a birther?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043642 Dec 17, 2013
OMG, I can't stop laughing! Love to stay, but have to go. Have a great day everyone; it's another sunny cloudless day in South Florida!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1043643 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Vanity Fair Warns...
George W. Bush has managed a resurgence as a beloved personality and even online "hipster icon."
President Bush has returned to the public eye in recent months for a number of unlikely reasons. His leaked paintings garnered much attention on Gawker, BuzzFeed, and all matter of blogs with young readers.
His letter of support to University of Alabama's Cade Foster, as Vanity Fair's Juli Weiner notes, went viral. And the death of Nelson Mandela turned the world's eye to the United States's efforts in South Africa, of which the Bush Administration's were second to none.
LOL
Guess we can expect another "W" assassination movie or book.
George W Bush did a good job in Africa & deserves credit for that work.

Bush, near the end, also was pushing green initiatives. Something else for which he deserves credit - he was even for cap & trade on carbon emissions

Orlando, FL

#1043644 Dec 17, 2013
Peppy, let me try posting the second of Homer's new look again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40861494 @N03/11190186515/in/pool-16978 905@N00/

If it doesn't work this time, go back to the first one and click the arrow.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cd_player/811946...

It's the next picture.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043645 Dec 17, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Paid to do nothing!!!!!!
Money well spent!!!!!!
"The Department of Treasury “furloughed 21,751 non-excepted/non
-essential employees with an annual salary of $100,000.00 or more during the government shutdown.” This adds up to nearly $84 million spent to pay just these employees to do nothing..."
Surprised the proglodytes haven't come up with a new term for "nonessential" government employees- maybe "superfluous", "extraneous" or "peripheral" would sound/look better?

Certainly better than "deadwood" or "excess baggage."
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043646 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
O. M. G.!
An actual quote from Darrell Issa to Texas Health Official:‘You need to watch more Fox News’
This is an actual quote by House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) on Monday,“You need to watch more Fox News, I’m afraid.” Is this where Issa gets his information? I have no doubt and by the way, his Benghazi investigation didn’t pan out either.
Yes he went there. Issa told Dr. Randy Farris, a Texas health administrator for the federal government, to watch more Fox News because he did not answer Issa’s questions about HealthCare.Gov to his expectations, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Issa said,“You need to watch more Fox News, I’m afraid,” after Farris claimed that consumers’ personal information was not stored on the health exchange website.
The audience then booed Issa for his remark. Can you blame them?
Issa is targeting healthcare.gov navigators, the ones who help you find affordable insurance coverage. Issa also declared that potential abuse from navigators of the health care site is so great that Texas should take action.
Several pro-Obamacare groups held a news conference before the hearing began. The Dallas Morning News reports,“The speakers described the hardship of being sick without having insurance. One said his family ended up with $250,000 in medical debt after his father suffered a heart attack.”
It’s no wonder that a new poll concludes that car salesmen are more ethical than Congress members. Issa is going after the navigators because repealing the ACA was not doable after 50 attempts.
http://freakoutnation.com/2013/12/17/an-actua...
i'd say the FOX/Issa track record speaks for it's self.
<SPAM> Opinionated politics... Waste of Time...

Whois: Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Registrant City: PANAMA
Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
Registrant Postal Code: NA
Registrant Country: PA

3rd World Country Panama

<SPAM and Lame Opinion> un newsworthy...unnewsworthiness superlative bias and exaggerated or hyperbolical expression of opinions or perspective from Pamama...

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1043647 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesnt'. So, tell us again; Jim Brown came to your school in the 70's and now you're BFFs?
Yes he came to my school. Even though I was a Viking's fan (still am) I considered it an honor to hear him speak and shake his hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Agents of Corruption 332,252
Make Your Fortune in Gold With Cataclysm Gold S... 4 min fifahsycoins 1
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 4 min NorCal Native 370
News Activist takes down Confederate flag outside So... 5 min Synque 47
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Enter 168,441
Time to go? 9 min MarkJ- 331
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Limbertwig 185,891
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 37 min Larry Craig s WC ... 376
News Mike Huckabee Suggests He Wouldn't Enforce Same... 1 hr American_Infidel 35
More from around the web