Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458026 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#1033093 Dec 1, 2013

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1033094 Dec 1, 2013
After Dark wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the $100,000,000,000,000 you and "your kind" owe me?
"afterdark"
I do not owe you a single dime. Period. If you think differently sue me. In all probability you owe me for the food stamps, free healthy care and rent subsidies you depend on.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1033095 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So the website is up and running...apparently.
Now when do we find out how many signed up for the higher premiums and deductibles yesterday?
Because I'm dying to know.
"Carol"
O have no idea how many signed up yesterday. But I do know this, the vast majority signed up for Medicaid.
Peace
LCNLin

United States

#1033096 Dec 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"afterdark"
I do not owe you a single dime. Period. If you think differently sue me. In all probability you owe me for the food stamps, free healthy care and rent subsidies you depend on.
Peace
KMA
"Auntie G." has food stamps which he spends at

Al's Libertarian Groceries and Transmission Repair

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033097 Dec 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite your frequent and lame attempts to inject a straw man into your replies, IPAB's function is to decide which lifesaving treatments will be paid for and which ones, because of cost, a chronic condition, and/or advanced age, will be denied."
Programs to manage health care utilization have existed for more than twenty years. You were just too ignorant or uninterested to be aware of them. They are no different the IPABs.

"Early efforts focused on reducing the number of inpatient admissions and eliminating unnecessary hospital days. To achieve this objective health plan administrators reviewed the hospital admission for medical necessity prior to the admission (precertification) and determined the need for ongoing care (concurrent review). For cases that were not part of initial review, they applied the process retrospectively.

"Almost every provider or payer sponsored utilization management program includes preadmission and concurrent review. Typical characteristics of these two components are:

Collection of data about diagnosis, required services, diagnostic test results, and symptoms

Review of criteria that describe the conditions or services to support the care request

Comparison of medical information to medical necessity criteria

Referral of case to physician review if criteria are not met

Physician determination of medical necessity

Communication of review outcome

Right of physician to appeal decision"

http://www.mcres.com/mcrmm02.htm
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1033098 Dec 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
O have no idea how many signed up yesterday. But I do know this, the vast majority signed up for Medicaid.
Peace
lol! It's amazing what you claim you know son.....
LCNLin

United States

#1033099 Dec 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
Peace
Obamacare seems to be on line and has a future,

Tea Party not so much

Carol is accepting sympathy cards

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1033100 Dec 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Straw man? Sorry son. They already have those panels in Arizona.
Your problem is you want to be selective on the facts you want acceptable.
His ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#1033101 Dec 1, 2013
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1033102 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Pre-existing conditions could have been legislated separately without Obama and the IRS taking over our lives and telling us what insurance coverage we HAVE to buy whether we want it or need it or not causing a major upheaval in everyone's lives. This is not the change we were hoping for. And anyone who thinks it is just hasn't lived long enough to know it isn't.
Do you ever post anything besides hyperbole and hysteria?
LCNLin

United States

#1033103 Dec 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's amazing what you claim you know son.....
If the poor are denied health insurance, the GOP alternativem they may die before they can vote! Another voter ID republican program ?

Panic seems flowing through the veins of the tea party at the prospect of health care being provided to Americans.

Grief counseling is a form of psychotherapy
that aims to help people cope with grief and mourning
following health care being provided to Americans,
or with major life changes that trigger feelings
of grief as the results of the 2012 elections

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1033104 Dec 1, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
THE PRESIDENT IS NOT A LIER!!!
I believe in this more strongly than I ever had before. People say the President is a liar. I don’t know about that. He has been very honest in telling people what he was going to do and how he was going to be the great equalizer. He was going to give everybody their fair share. Then he even said it should be on the backs of the wealthy. Well if you make more than $50K a year you must be wealthy.
Most of the taxes passed are recessive taxes. Which means they are passed onto the working poor and middle classes respectively? The less you make the more you pay. Now also finding out that Bill Aires actually wrote Presidents Obamas Autobiography because the president did not know enough about himself. I do know people use ghost writers all the time. Then again Aires might know the President better than anyone else maybe even his wife? I digress
part 1
<spam>
LCNLin

United States

#1033105 Dec 1, 2013
correction

If the poor are denied health insurance, the GOP *alternative*,they may die before they can vote! Another voter ID republican program ?

Panic seems flowing through the veins of the tea party at the prospect of health care being provided to Americans.

Grief counseling is a form of psychotherapy
that aims to help people cope with grief and mourning
following health care being provided to Americans,
or with major life changes that trigger feelings
of grief as the results of the 2012 elections
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1033106 Dec 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The few good things in Obamacare - pre-existing conditions being one of them - could have been legislated separately without Obama and the IRS taking over our lives and telling us what insurance coverage we HAVE to buy whether we want it or need it or not.
And causing a major upheaval in everyone's lives when only 15% of Americans weren't happy before.
We needed changes - but not giving up our individual rights to make our own choices.
Do you not see what's wrong with that?
What upheaval?
You're not even affected...most likely don't even know anyone affected.
Hyperbole.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033107 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to her source but you have to look beyond the "Grand Total." Since it includes contributions made by employees of Fannie & Freddie it is unfair to say the Dodd, Obama and Kerry received more from Fannie & Freddie than anyone else.
Chris Dodd received $165,400 but only $48,500 of that was from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Pacs. Obama received $126,349 but only $6,000 was from the Pacs and John Kerry received $111,000 of which only $2,000 was from the Fannie & Freddie Pacs.
Now, compare that to John Boehner who received $67,750.$60,500 of which was from the Pacs. Eric Cantor received $48,500. All but $2,000 was from the Pacs and Mitch McConnell received $41,000 all but $1,000 of which was from the Fannie & Freddie Pacs. In reality, these three received far more from Fannie & Freddie than Dodd, Obama or Kerry.
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/updat...
What is your point in all of this ranting?

The sum totals contain all the moneys from Fannie & Freddie. Period

Why are you discounting moneys received from the employees?

Are you fuzzy in the head tonight especially?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033108 Dec 1, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Because they were not the majority party.
As to which of the two parties is more permissive of corporate scams, take a wild guess.
Defense rests.
You just admitted both parties permit corporate scams. That's a great defense, Perry Mason.

Lapeer, MI

#1033109 Dec 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
The Obama administration said Sunday that it achieved its goal of making HealthCare.gov work for the “vast majority” of users after the disastrous start of enrollment in the president’s signature health law.
The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said. And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance.
Several Tea Party members vomited upon hearing the news.
Grief counselor are being provided to Republicans in the hope that ..........
http//wmd44disaster/vomit38
“vast majority” means what? 50.009 percent? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said."

--- These are the same folks who said it would up and running on Oct 1st! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ....

"And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance."

...not including scheduled downtime for maintenance???? SO if the sight goes down tonight for 8 hours, they will claim "scheduled downtime for maintenance"????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Stop it!Stop it!Stop it!...my sides are aching!!!!

Bubba Clinton "Define 'sex'"!!

Hillary Hogthighs: "What does it matter?"

You barnyard citizens are making some really funny sounds lately:>
Youidiots

New York, NY

#1033110 Dec 1, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
What upheaval?
You're not even affected...most likely don't even know anyone affected.
Hyperbole.
Let us know when you come out of your coma.

Lapeer, MI

#1033111 Dec 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exactly how do you think "every state will be bankrupt by 2017" if States will receive 100 percent federal funding for the first three years to support the expanded coverage, phasing down to no less than 90 percent federal funding in subsequent years? You are making no sense.
"States will receive 100 percent federal funding for the first three years..."

Where does the Federal government get its money from?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

You should be on Late-Nite, kid.
LCNLin

United States

#1033112 Dec 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
“vast majority” means what? 50.009 percent? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
"The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said."
--- These are the same folks who said it would up and running on Oct 1st! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ....
"And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance."
...not including scheduled downtime for maintenance???? SO if the sight goes down tonight for 8 hours, they will claim "scheduled downtime for maintenance"????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......
Stop it!Stop it!Stop it!...my sides are aching!!!!
Bubba Clinton "Define 'sex'"!!
Hillary Hogthighs: "What does it matter?"
You barnyard citizens are making some really funny sounds lately:>
Condolences on your Meth Lab explosion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,396
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Taletha Roxx 403,611
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min tina anne 62,304
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 8 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 14,552
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 9 min Fcvk tRump 151
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 10 min Imprtnrd 1,998
News Baker says he will fight for sanctuary cities 11 min spytheweb 44
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 19 min Chilli J 1,035
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,009
News Trump, Clinton aides clash at post-election gat... 29 min Philosophic 98
More from around the web