Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603306 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028297 Nov 21, 2013
FAA considers allowing cellphone calls during flights. We can all spend 1-3 hours trying not to hear dumb phone conversations!

I personally get tired of hearing them in grocery stores.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1028298 Nov 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sad when only 47% of the country wants O'bama to be in charge...so in other words he isn't. What did you loons elect O'bama to do? nothing. 52% don't want O'bama in charge, sad state of affairs in the United States wouldn't you say.
" What did you loons elect O'bama to do?"

Lie and play golf-both badly.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1028299 Nov 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can choose any doctor you want son.
Many doctors won't accept/are no longer "in-network" with the insurances that they once did business with. It is getting harder and harder to find a doctor that will work with certain insurances and/or are accepting new patients. It is only going to get worse.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028300 Nov 21, 2013
Obama's drug-addicted "fix" to cancellation of insurance policies rejected by California Insurance Commission....

reason: neither federal nor state law permits the action...
1 post removed
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028302 Nov 21, 2013

PITTSBURGH (KDKA)ó A federal judge in western Pennsylvania says Catholic groups donít immediately have to comply with mandates in the federal health care overhaul law.

The Diocese is challenging its participation in the health care program because it would be required to provide its employees with contraceptives.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028303 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>My wife was in the Air National Guard and that's all I have to say about that.
did he enjoy his service???

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1028304 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly nilly, this is a law and the gov actually has a web-site.
"The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free."
https://www.donotcall.gov/
No Duh! Yes, the government can take people's complaints AFTER THE FACT...thousands and thousand of them...but, unlike the telephone companies, they can't do anything about stopping the robocalls. All they can do is fine the offenders.

"The FTC last month announced its biggest catch to date: Mortgage Investors Corp., a Florida home-refinancing company, agreed to pay a record $7.5 million fine for having made more than 5.4 million calls to people on the do-not-call list.

But Greisman acknowledged that completely ending robocalls and do-not-call-list violations is about as likely as preventing spam from spilling into people's email in-boxes.

"You can never stop anything 100%," she said. "But the problem of spam has been substantially minimized by filtering technology. I'm hopeful that the same can happen with robocalls."

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/15/busin...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1028305 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, as this was your logic I was using that you now disavow.
Do you belong to Leo's creative comprehension class?

That was not "my" logic. I'm not the one who was comparing members of congress found guilty of ethics violations to a senator found guilty in a criminal court.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028306 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics. He was guilty of buying an illegal substance, end of fcking story. Or you can continue on if you must.
Obamabots have stretched semantics to the limit over ObamaKKKare...

Galt cares little whether Radel stays or is replaced by anther Republican...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028307 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think cops who conduct drug stings should be commended for doing their job. Now, I would like to see mandatory drug testing of all members of Congress.
How about random drug testing of teachers and cops, including testing for steroids?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1028308 Nov 21, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Question. What is president nobama's military background? That the military was below his stature? That only the poor and stoopid should be in the military? That he is better than the patriots who protect this country? That he has no respect and despise the military. That he wants to gut the military?
Peace
KMA
Well, by your definition, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan and Scott Walker are not patriots and have no respect for the military. I already knew that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028309 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on what you call a moderate.
To me a moderate is the opposite of a person who blindly supports a POTUS or party.
They challenge and criticize all. They are open to opposing views without feeling threatened.
Don't be sorry. I am not the only one who thinks the blind following of a leader is dangerous and the behaviors of the Far Left is highly questionable. I have a lot of company.
Galt has no problem with "moderates"...except when Republican moderates regularly side with the DemoKKKrats ...or kiss Obama in public...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028310 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. You think Obama is responsible for telemarketer calls? They were never going to comply with the do-not-call list.
The problem is with the phone companies who could, but won't, crack down on telemarketers. "Phone companies have never been particularly eager to do anything that reduces revenue and those telemarketers are some of "their more active customers".
Besides, "telemarketing represents a lucrative business opportunity.
In California, Verizon charges $2.50 a month to block calls from anonymous numbers, although this won't stop spoofed numbers. The company also charges $4 a month to block calls from up to a dozen local numbers, but this will still allow "800" numbers to get through."
"The FTC last month announced its biggest catch to date: Mortgage Investors Corp., a Florida home-refinancing company, agreed to pay a record $7.5 million fine for having made more than 5.4 million calls to people on the do-not-call list."
Lois Greisman, associate director of the FTC's division of marketing practices, which oversees enforcement of the do-not-call list "acknowledged that completely ending robocalls and do-not-call-list violations is about as likely as preventing spam from spilling into people's email in-boxes."
"You can never stop anything 100%," she said. "But the problem of spam has been substantially minimized by filtering technology. I'm hopeful that the same can happen with robocalls."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/15/busin...
telephone companies are not law-enforcement agencies...consumers who feel abused by telemarketers should report the problem to the responsible government agency...or just hang up...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1028311 Nov 21, 2013
Every Democrat that voted to take debate out of the Senate this mourning should resign, and Obama and Biden should join them. They are all hypocrites and should apologize to every one in our country for their arrogance and tyranny.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028312 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Biggest lie of all was using the word "affordable" in this law's title
the first "A" stands for "Anti-American"...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1028313 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, by your definition, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan and Scott Walker are not patriots and have no respect for the military. I already knew that.
None of those people have fired over two hundred senior military officers.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028314 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
msm means Main Stream Media-recognized news sources.
And yes, I use these rather than quoting political sites.
lol! Well heck son! That's fart news!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028315 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Peddle your conspiracy theories to "The Onion" or "Raw Story"
Look a shiny object!
No conspiracy son.

I looked at the pictures.

None showed bushie boy piloting anything... unless you consider wearing a flight suit 'flying.'
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028316 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush should have been so lucky as to have 47% wanting him in charge of anything during his second term. His second term average was 37% with a low of 25%. LMAO.
His low was 25%? For some reason I thought it was the teens...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028317 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Senator Obama claimed "Filibuster rules shouldn't be violated so minority rights shouldn't be trampled". Now "Eh, not so much"
So... now we can add 'obstructionist' to 'hostage' and 'terrorist' to the cons list of adjectives.

I suspect more descriptions to come!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min CodeTalker 289,304
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Mr Wiggley 31,468
News Politics Roundup: Trump's Call To Fire NFL Play... 2 min Red Crosse 38
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 3 min CodeTalker 466
News Attorney: Kushner used private email account to... 4 min CodeTalker 7
News Clinton: Trump's inauguration speech was 'a cry... 5 min INFIDEL 147
News John McCain: Brain cancer prognosis very poor 5 min Just Think 9
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Freedomofexpression 10,249
More from around the web