Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564429 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1026443 Nov 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Meanwhile back at the ranch; George is painting nudes of Laura in the tub now!!
<whackjob> for sure

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1026444 Nov 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you posted something interesting for a change.(Picture me flabbergasted).
From your article:
"Medicaid enrollees have by far the highest per person use of hospital emergency departments..." So, when Peter Cunningham speaks of the uninsured vs the insured, he's grouping those on Medicaid with those who are privately insured. It stands to reason that those would outnumber the uninsured.
My first thought was, "Oh, Oh, adding millions to Medicaid is going to make a mess of emergency rooms". Then, I reminded myself that the whole purpose of the ACA is to see that people get preventive treatment before their illnesses become acute. People on Medicaid are naturally sicker. Perhaps we won't see the positive effects on emergency rooms right away. People are too sick. But, it will happen.
Even Peter Cunningham believes that "shifting emergency department use for non-urgent health problems to primary care providers in the community to relieve crowded emergency departments, lower the costs of care and improve the quality of care" is a good idea for those on Medicaid as "the potential cost savings to the Medicaid program could be substantial." As Cunningham noted in your article, "Few emergency department visits are truly nonurgent."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-11...
" People on Medicaid are naturally sicker"

where the fck do you come up with this stupid sht? Lets take your "logic" a bit further. Remove them from Medicaid and they will be naturally healthier.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1026445 Nov 19, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, Jesus did not preach prosperity, that's a total perversion of his message. If riches were a reasonable goal for the godly, Jesus would have pursued it. But He did not, preferring instead to have no place to lay His head (Matthew 8:20) and teaching His disciples to do the same. It should also be remembered that the only disciple concerned with wealth was Judas. he also stated in Luke 12:15 “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Also in Matthew 6:19; “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves zbreak in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Paul in 1 Timothy 6:5 warns; and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/prosperity-gospel...
Yes, we are not to covet material things of this world or envy what others have. But giving and receiving go hand-in-hand.

"Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." — Jesus (Luke 6:38).

Lazarus was a wealthy man. Jesus wept learning of his death and raised him from the dead.

The parable in Matthew 25:14-30 was about a master entrusting his property to his servants in his absence. When the master returned in the parable and asked his servants for an accounting, the first two servants explained they had each put their money to work and doubled the value of the property they were entrusted with and so they were rewarded and told, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things."

The third servant hid his talent in a hole in the ground with the excuse of keeping it safe and was admonished and told, "You wicked and slothful servant. You knew that I reap where I didn't sow, and gather where I didn't scatter. You ought therefore to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back my own with interest. Take away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will be given, and he will have abundance, but from him who doesn't have, even that which he has will be taken away."

Jesus couldn't have been any clearer about prosperity than this parable. Almost sounds like he was condoning capitalism and the free market.

Orlando, FL

#1026446 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Meanwhile back at the ranch; George is painting nudes of Laura in the tub now!!
That really addresses the present problems at hand.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1026447 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightwingers are truly dumb. The president and the Dems did not lie when they said you could keep your current insurance, etc, they were referring to it as it pertains to the law.
The insurance companies are the ones cancelling the policies not the Dems or the president.
Lay the fault where it lies with the insurance companies.
Rightwingers are dumb.
only true obamazombies believe that. A lib on meet the press tore Pelosi apart when she used that same "logic". You really should look up the definition if "moderate".

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1026448 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
...and Obama is still a lying dick.
TSM

United States

#1026449 Nov 19, 2013
This is pretty Pathetic, President Claims '100 million' have enrolled!! Could the president be confused ‘No’ because you can’t confuse a Liberal their Born that Way!! Mr. President No Ones buying the Lie!!
1 post removed

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1026451 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting
lol..you 2 are dumbass sheep.

I'm going to write a batch file that opens up healthcare.gov and call it a ddos attack so you dumbfcks can run through the streets screaming.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1026452 Nov 19, 2013
lily boca rat fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she's a follower of Creflo Dollar!!
You're a follower of Rev. Jim Jones & his successor Messiah Obama!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1026453 Nov 19, 2013
Good morning morans and hard working, decent moderates and liberals.

What are the rightwing traitors up to this morning?

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#1026454 Nov 19, 2013
Our enemies have to be laughing at the way Republicants work so hard to destroy our nation.

They won't have to work so hard with fools like them leading the charge.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1026455 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
Good morning morans and hard working, decent moderates and liberals.
What are the rightwing traitors up to this morning?
Probably raising bail money for that murderer zimmerman

Orlando, FL

#1026456 Nov 19, 2013
PDupont, do you think Jesus told that parable because the property owner wanted the servants to give his money to big government so they could all be more prosperous?

If you do, this is where you and other Christians - and all liberals - confuse big government with individual responsibility.

The challenge in this country is to prevent power from corrupting and absolute power from absolutely corrupting.

The bigger the government, the more power and corruption. Rome fell largely because of power and corruption.

You really don't believe Jesus wanted Cesar (big government) to replace individual and voluntary compassion?

You should know Cesar and big government are not in that business. They are in the business of power and having more of it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1026457 Nov 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..you 2 are dumbass sheep.
I'm going to write a batch file that opens up healthcare.gov and call it a ddos attack so you dumbfcks can run through the streets screaming.
You're surprised? The republicans always play dirty, nothing new.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 at 08:00 AM PST.

Sorry, Republicans: No big drop in Obamacare support

http://www.dailykos.com/ #
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1026458 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Probably raising bail money for that murderer zimmerman
lily prefers raising a bottle of vodka
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1026459 Nov 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Obama is still a lying dick.
No he's not you liar

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#1026460 Nov 19, 2013
History is never a strong suit for Republicants.
- They forget that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat who championed abortion rights.

- They forget that the Iran-Contra affair was far more egregious than Fast and Furious.

-They forget that George W. Bush lied to the world and sent men like me to fight so that he could impress his father and enrich those who helped him steal the 2000 election.

- The forget that Barack Obama ran on the platform of national healthcare and WON. He received the same mandate that his predecessor did upon his reelection.

- They forget that when the Social Security Act was first signed into law, problems plagued implementation for years. Significant changes occurred multiple times as needs changed and technology evolved.

- They forget that when the Dixie Chicks lead singer spoke out against President George W. Bush, that they screamed for her to shut up and move out of the country.

- They forget how they howled and moaned about how the President was going to bomb Syria and start WWIII.

- They forget how they filled this site with stories of the National Guard being called out to stop the trucker's rally on the Beltway. My favorite was from a Kansas based stooge who claimed his friend in Washington was tweeting him photos of the National Guard setting up perimeters there. LOL!

Whine away.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1026461 Nov 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
PDupont, do you think Jesus told that parable because the property owner wanted the servants to give his money to big government so they could all be more prosperous?
If you do, this is where you and other Christians - and all liberals - confuse big government with individual responsibility.
The challenge in this country is to prevent power from corrupting and absolute power from absolutely corrupting.
The bigger the government, the more power and corruption. Rome fell largely because of power and corruption.
You really don't believe Jesus wanted Cesar (big government) to replace individual and voluntary compassion?
You should know Cesar and big government are not in that business. They are in the business of power and having more of it.
Meanwhile; it was your darling George who created Dept of Homeland Security!! Employs over 400,000 people!
HAAAHAHAAAAAA!

Jesus would probably send you to hell for your hatefulness to others. I don't know how you even call yourself a Christian.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1026462 Nov 19, 2013
Poll
By a show of hand, is it appropriate for prominent players in the traditional media to propel the meme that the rollout of the Affordable Care Act is comparable to the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina?

Thumb--Yes
2% 65 votes
Index finger--Lean yes
0% 7 votes
Middle finger--No
95% 2407 votes
Ring finger--Lean no
1% 30 votes
Pinky--Not sure/No opinion
0% 7 votes

| 2518 votes | Results

(I voted middle finger, in case anyone was wondering)
The laughing liberal

United States

#1026463 Nov 19, 2013

Why does Obama Suck so Badly?

Is it because he's a Lying piece of Filth or because he's a Jackass?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min old_moose 279,523
News The Latest: Trump says only crime is leaks 'aga... 10 min old_moose 16
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Aura Mytha 221,791
News Democrats, civil rights group aim to block Trum... 22 min Lawrence Wolf 109
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 24 min discocrisco 1
News Medicare for All rally planned downtown 44 min Marcavage s Emission 22
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Jose Hose 242,249
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr old_moose 15,985
More from around the web