Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234646 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024414 Nov 15, 2013
Signs the Progressive / Keynesian / You did not build this economy is on fire!

"Heinz closing 3 plants, cutting 1,350 jobs"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1024415 Nov 15, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
tingly leg Mathews...
Lindel Toups...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024416 Nov 15, 2013
Signs the Progressive / Keynesian / You did not build this economy is on fire!

"Joliet Area Steel Plant Closing To Cost 110 Jobs"

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/11/14/joliet...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024417 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
these trolls love America just hat 48 million Americans ... they do love the fetus
and liberals love washing ball sacks!!!!!!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1024418 Nov 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good for him, put the blame on those responsible. Obama didn't cancel the policies. Makes perfect sense to the truly unbiased.
Of course he did. If not for the ACA, a bill passed only because of Obama's deceit and lies, the millions who lost their insurance would still be covered.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1024419 Nov 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
KIRSTEN POWERS:“There's no explanation for the doubling of my premiums other than the fact that it's subsidizing other people.”
Debunked
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1024420 Nov 15, 2013
Obama tells health insurance companies to break the law!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1024421 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked
You are really without anything today but still wanting to be contrary. Life is hard when left with spit balls.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1024422 Nov 15, 2013
Headline: "The House, on a bipartisan basis, just voted to gut ObamaCare."
Jessup

United States

#1024423 Nov 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not talking about "lawyers" in congress. We are talking about "constitutional lawyers". There is a huge difference. I have no idea how many are "constitutional" lawyers but something tells me very few. Perhaps you can figure it out yourself from the attached link.
Obama:“But there’s not an action that I take that you don’t have some folks in Congress who say that I’m usurping my authority. Some of those folks think I usurp my authority by having the gall to win the presidency. And I don’t think that’s a secret.”
http://bioguide.congress.gov/biosearch/biosea...
How many branches of government are there?
What are they?
What are their function according to the constitution?

First answer is 3.

Second answer is Legislative, Judicial, Executive and they each have a individual constitutional function which they must complete or be in breach of their individual oaths of office according to the constitution.

Third answer, is the Legislative Branch writes bills and must passed them through the House of Representatives and the Senate then the bill is either signed into law by the president or the bill is vetoed. The Judicial Branch prosecutes/enforce the laws that have been violated. Executive Branch enforces and crafts the policy, both foreign and domestic that follows our constitution to improve America and Americans ability to prosper and grow to their full potential as citizens. The Executive's most honored responsibility is to do NO HARM to the American People.

ACA has turned upside down the healthcare industry in our country. So far, over 5 million have lost their healthcare insurance some are these millions are in critical care facilities fighting for their lives. How many have gain healthcare under ACA? 106,000 get insurance and over 5 million lose their healthcare.

This is a travesty, debacle and is unlawful. You can't take away from one group that paid for healthcare to give it to another group there is no ethics, morals or constitutionality to that act.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1024424 Nov 15, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>And this is what the master plan is DEATH PANELS the little girl was lucky to get the lung transplant she only recieved it because she would have been bad publicity for Disastercare in the future the Death Panels from OBAMACARE will be in full effect THANK YOU FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT
Yet another ignoramus who believes in "death panels". Geez!

Location hidden

#1024425 Nov 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
your head is so firmly lodged in obamas ass its amazing.
"Real mature" post for a fourth grader.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1024426 Nov 15, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
if you wanna read some funny shit, go back to the first few pages of this topic, and read what people wrote in the days after his 2008 election....peoples worst fears from 5 years ago are coming true.
Absolutely true. And the same Obamatrons defend him, day after day.

New York City just elected Obama-lite in the form of Bill DeBlasio using class war fare and promises of redistribution. Like Obama he has no accomplishments or real world experience. He trotted out his kids afro as a prop. Another empty suit. I predict that in five years (actually less) from now we'll be remembering the good old days when Guiliani cleaned up the city, we had little crime and lots of tourists.

NYC was great because of the last two mayors who were not Dems. It will soon be like Detroit and Chicago and as awful as when David Dinkins was in Gracie mansion.
Jessup

United States

#1024427 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked
LIAR. I watched Kirsten Powers in an interview yesterday say exactly that same thing word for word!

Check out her column in the Daily Beast. Educate yourself!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1024428 Nov 15, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
A surprising number won in the local elections. The Democrats held the BOE in my town for over 20 years, but no longer.
Just keep on being arrogant, liar.
Can you tell us again, how you consider yourself to be "an independent", liar?
Your town? Which one? The town has a BOE?

Location hidden

#1024429 Nov 15, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite. You seem to have no problem jacking up everyone else's rates and having their insurance cancelled.
You have no clue what common sense is.
People who have auto insurance claims also pay higher premiums. They don't all "take the bus" you idiot!
Typical of you. You missed the point. People who can't afford to pay higher premiums go without (including drivers). They are left with no choice. Obamacare gives the uninsured a choice. I don't really care about the under insured. If they had taken more responsibility for their health needs, they wouldn't have a problem.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1024430 Nov 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really without anything today but still wanting to be contrary. Life is hard when left with spit balls.
Hey, you can't argue with Political Breakfast Man.

He 'knows things'.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1024431 Nov 15, 2013
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR. I watched Kirsten Powers in an interview yesterday say exactly that same thing word for word!
She's lying and your buying.

Dumbazz!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1024432 Nov 15, 2013
No, the Rollout of Healthcare.gov is Nothing Like Hurricane Katrina

There's no question that Healthcare.gov has been a fiasco—a blunder of a website that has embarrassed the administration and tarnished Obama's brand. At the same time, it's important not to overstate the scope of the damage. Right now, the problem with the website is that it can't accommodate everyone who wants to buy health insurance. This is a serious issue, but not the worst mistake ever made by a president.

By contrast, George W. Bush's response to Katrina comes close. Hurricane Katrina was one of the deadliest storms to ever hit the United States. It killed more than 1,800 people, destroyed tens of thousands of homes, caused billions in property damage, and nearly sank a major American city. And the Bush administration's response was criminally negligent, a basic failure of duty that should haunt everyone involved.

Despite several days of memos and warnings to administration officials—that this would be a major storm, that the levees had been breached, that flooding had began—it took two days for President Bush—who was on vacation, spawning a series of photo-ops that would look awful in retrospect—to begin to organize the federal response. The Federal Emergency Management Agency had little in the way of direction, and critical resources in the area went unused. As late as September 1st, three days after Katrina made landfall, there were no coordinated efforts in the area. "This is a national emergency. This is a national disgrace," said Terry Ebbert, then director of emergency operations for New Orleans, "FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control. We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims, but we can’t bail out the city of New Orleans."

When confronted with this avalanche of incompetence, administration officials shifted the blame, more attuned to their political fortunes than to the thousands who languished in overcrowded shelters without adequate food, water, or sanitation, forced to deal with disease and violence. It was more than an embarrassment, it was one of the worst domestic disasters ever seen in a presidency. Indeed, the only reason it doesn't define Bush's tenure is that it's overshadowed by the war in Iraq, which stands as one of the worst foreign policy disasters in U.S. history.

Healthcare.gov is not in the same ballpark, it's not in the same league—it's not even in the same sport. Failing to build a website that can reliably provide health care coverage to consumers—a noble goal hindered by flawed implementation—is categorically different than a non-response to a natural disaster that claimed thousands of lives.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1024433 Nov 15, 2013
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you meant the Daily Caller?

a totally different animal. right wing biased to be exact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 328,724
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 2 min Spaulding Smails 2,499
News Santorum Launches Second White House Bid 3 min Pat Robertson s F... 32
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 min woodtick57 359
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min woodtick57 182,858
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 164,432
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min woodtick57 190,307
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 30 min mjjcpa 309
More from around the web