Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1023275 Nov 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your side has plenty of Glenn Becks such as the Moonbat Paul Krugman. You have no clue what sensible is.
Well, at least you admit that Glenn Beck is a moonbat. However,
Krugman is "ranked among the most influential academic thinkers in the US"....a scholar who is smart enough to know that there is no such thing as "death panels".

Beck? Well, he's nothing more a "borderline schizophrenic" (his words, not mine)who is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. Not a scholarly bone in his body.

By his own admission, Beck was high every day for 15 years starting when he was 16. Like all schizophrenics, he has delusions of grandeur and can't tell truth from fiction.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1023276 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing what family wealth and connections did for Georgie Porgie isn't it? He was too lazy to even complete his National Guard contract by giving them just one day a month.
wow! Your stupidity leaves me speechless.

Location hidden

#1023277 Nov 13, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>democRATs deserve BETTER than a fraud Obama bin Lyin, the Snake Oil salesman who hood winks and dupes fools like you old woman and Realtime.
"We can admit that there are some real, deep, fundamental problems with this president." James Carville.
Bill Clinton to Obama: Do the right thing, honor YOUR health insurance promise and let people keep their insurance plans...
It's the culture...
Carville went on to say:

"The deficit is dropping as a percentage of GDP faster than any time since World War II. He saved the auto industry. Healthcare costs are flattening better than any time in the last 20 years. Teenage pregnancy is at an all-time low."

Location hidden

#1023278 Nov 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
ser what I mean about you being a dumdfck? you can't get dumber than realtime.
I notice you can't post without using swear words. A true sign of a desperate, uneducated person.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#1023281 Nov 13, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Is this the same Diane funnystien who was quoted in the LA Times as saying "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms"?
Peace
KMA
LIAR. She never said that. What she said was "that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally" should not have access assault weapons. Everyone should agree with her.

Dianne Feinstein verbatim:

"…what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023282 Nov 13, 2013
More good news about obamaKare

Medicaid and Free Cheese enrollment spike threatens entire obamaKare house of cards...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1023283 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR. She never said that. What she said was "that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally" should not have access assault weapons. Everyone should agree with her.
"…what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
<spam>

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023284 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot. The insurance companies sent cancellation notices to those who obtained insurance AFTER the passing of the Affordable Care Act. Everyone knew, or should have known, that those policies were never meant to be permanent and would be cancelled under the terms of the ACA. It wasn't a secret.
So, again, how many of the cancelled policies were not grandfathered under the Affordable Care Act and were meant to be cancelled? How many?
No. You idiot are now changing your question. You asked how many people without insurance were being cancelled. Answer your own fckn question, libturb!

You're a fckn sheep with your head firmly lodged in obamas ass, stupid fck

"Even as President Barack Obama sold a new health care law in part by assuring Americans they would be able to keep their insurance plans, his administration knew that tens of millions of people actually could lose those their policies. "

!!!!!

He's a liar and a dick.

Location hidden

#1023285 Nov 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely DumbSince1680, your realize everyone here know you are liars?
No, just you rethugs who can't tell truth from fiction. That's what happens when you take your cues from nutcases.

FACT: "Viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023286 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot. The insurance companies sent cancellation notices to those who obtained insurance AFTER the passing of the Affordable Care Act. Everyone knew, or should have known, that those policies were never meant to be permanent and would be cancelled under the terms of the ACA. It wasn't a secret.
So, again, how many of the cancelled policies were not grandfathered under the Affordable Care Act and were meant to be cancelled? How many?
...and, just a few days ago, you're lying a$$ was claiming they weren't being cancelled at all, just re-written. You're almost as dumb as realtime, and that's quite a feat!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023287 Nov 13, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
How many new lies from Oblamer today?
He keeps telling USA that he's gonna come over and massage her bunions. She believes him.

Location hidden

#1023288 Nov 13, 2013
8016USACinch wrote:
<quoted text> You mean one day more than Obama ever gave the military?
Tell me. When did Bush ever serve a day in the active military?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023289 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War" Hahahaha...what a fckn moron. No wonder you defend her.

"In 1980, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) added PTSD to the third edition of its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-III) nosologic classification scheme "

Idiot libturd thinks the iraq war started pre-1980. Stupid fckn sheep!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023290 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me. When did Bush ever serve a day in the active military?
Tell me. When did Clinton ever serve a day in the active military?

Tell me. When did Obama ever serve a day in the active military?

Location hidden

#1023291 Nov 13, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>"No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what."
Guess the liar you idiot lackey?? Clue: It's not Bush...
"We can admit that there are some real, deep, fundamental problems with this president." James Carville.
Bill Clinton to Obama: Do the right thing, honor YOUR health insurance promise and let people keep their insurance plans...
It's the culture...
Hey Stupid...under the terms of the ACA, "No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what."

People should have known that they didn't have the option of running out AFTER passing the Affordable Care Act and purchasing insurance that did not meet the requirements of the health care reform law. It's common sense...Oh, what am I thinking, you have no common sense. Your just plain stupid.

Location hidden

#1023292 Nov 13, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><spam>
It's only "spam" to an cretin.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023293 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you can't post without using swear words. A true sign of a desperate, uneducated person.
I'll be sure to repeat that to lily, leo, realtime, dumbass dave, homer, tenzing etc and give you credit.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023294 Nov 13, 2013
Time to jump, mini me!

Location hidden

#1023295 Nov 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
...and, just a few days ago, you're lying a$$ was claiming they weren't being cancelled at all, just re-written. You're almost as dumb as realtime, and that's quite a feat!
The cancelled policies ARE being rewritten and the insured have been told their policy will be automatically renewed under the new terms unless they opt to purchase insurance elsewhere.
1 post removed

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1023297 Nov 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just you rethugs who can't tell truth from fiction. That's what happens when you take your cues from nutcases.
FACT: "Viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11...
SHT! realtime and sonic are the most dedicated fox viewers on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama agrees to slow U.S. troop withdrawal from... 1 min Teddy 7
News Obama blasts Baltimore rioters but cites 'slow-... 2 min Responsibility 86
News Obama's library to be built in Chicago, sources... 4 min Your Ex 37
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Cheech the Conser... 326,515
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Ari son of Anarchy 180,458
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 6 min Responsibility 677
News Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to i... 7 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 1 hr Aspirin Between M... 60
News Ben Carson confirms presidential campaign 1 hr Le Jimbo 114
More from around the web