Close the local Walmart and the employees are all on welfare.<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Wal-Mart destroys more jobs when they come into a community than they provide. The jobs they provide are so low paying that their employees have to apply for supplemental assistance and food stamps.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages force employees to need approximately $420,000 per year, per store, totaling $2.66 BILLION annually in food stamps and other taxpayer assistance…to survive.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages cost the country HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars in payroll tax deductions for Federal, State, and Local taxes.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages cost our communities the ability to hire and retain important public service workers like firefighters, police officers, maintenance workers, and teachers.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages cost our communities with their increased need for those same public services they are underfunding.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages and lack of covered benefits cost taxpayers over $1.02 BILLION a year in healthcare costs.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages cost taxpayers as much as $225 MILLION in free and reduced price lunches for school-age children.
• Wal-Mart's intentionally low wages cost taxpayers over $780 MILLION in tax deductions for low-income families.
You're an idiot Jimmy!
If Walmart paid significantly higher wages and benefits, the current workers would be replaced by more qualified people.
And the standard of living of the poor in the community would be reduced by dramatically higher prices.