Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497103 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889244 Apr 17, 2013
A visibly angry President Obama tore into Senate Republicans on Wednesday for voting down legislation to expand background checks on gun sales, accusing opponents of the measure of deliberately lying to derail its passage.

“Families that know unspeakable grief summoned the courage to petition their elected leaders not just to honor the memory of their children but to protect the lives of all of our children,” Obama said, standing alongside Vice President Biden and a handful of people whose lives had been affected by gun violence.“A few minutes ago a minority in the United States Senate decided it wasn’t worth it.”

Obama’s speech came shortly after Senate Republicans and a handful of Democrats defeated bipartisan legislation by Sens. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Joe Manchin (D-VA) to close loopholes that exempt a large number of gun sales from background checks. The bill garnered a 54-vote majority versus 46 opposed, but fell short of the 60 needed to overcome the minority’s filibuster.

The president pointed out repeatedly that numerous polls had shown overwhelming majority support for the measure, sometimes at 90 percent or higher. He blamed Republicans for caving to pressure by the National Rifle Association, which he said “willfully lied about the bill” in order to “upset an intense minority of gun owners.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/ob...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889245 Apr 17, 2013
Federal Gun Registry Is The New Death Panels

In the days leading up to Wednesday's Senate vote on gun legislation amendments, the talking point that has taken off most amongst conservatives as a reason to oppose the background check compromise is that it would lead to a national database of gun owners.

This myth has spread despite the fact that the deal worked out by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) explicitly bars a federal registry. On Wednesday, supporters aggressively worked to hit back.

"Claims that this legislation would create a gun registry are nothing more than shameful scare tactics," said Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on the Senate floor on Wednesday morning. "The opponents of the will of the American people should not spread misinformation or sow seeds of fear about this critical anti-violence legislation. But that's what they're doing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/fede...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889246 Apr 17, 2013
Anyone see OldRaider looking for his judgeits?

He was one of the nerds here in sockpuppet mode trying at first to say Obama would never touch gun control.

Funny how these losers dummies like him & Grey Boast come & go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889247 Apr 17, 2013
The head of the National Rifle Association misfires when he claims the president’s proposal to require background checks for all gun sales will result in a “massive federal registry” of firearms. Current law bars federal agencies from retaining records on those who pass background checks, and nothing in the president’s plan would change that.

Wayne LaPierre, chief executive officer of the NRA, criticized President Obama’s proposal for universal background checks in a Jan. 22 speech in Reno, Nev. He falsely equated the proposal to a de facto federal gun registry, an argument the NRA has made before.

http://factcheck.org/2013/01/nra-misfires-on-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889248 Apr 17, 2013
Anyone know if they got the Democrat OWS bagger that bombed Boston?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889249 Apr 17, 2013
Greg Gutfeld Apologizes For Fox News' Cutting Away From Obama's Gun Speech

Gutfeld: "I Think That Should Have Been Handled Better"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/17/greg...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#889250 Apr 17, 2013
Anyone notice how pissed off obama was over the vote on gun controll and how little emotion he had over the terrorist attack in boston. Must be that takeing rights away from Americans is more important to him than terrorist killing Americans. Obama is an embarasment to the office he occupys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889251 Apr 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Anyone know if they got the Democrat OWS bagger that bombed Boston?
lol

i bet the guy watches FOX and makes comments at Breibart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889252 Apr 17, 2013
moshx wrote:
Anyone notice how pissed off obama was over the vote on gun controll and how little emotion he had over the terrorist attack in boston. Must be that takeing rights away from Americans is more important to him than terrorist killing Americans. Obama is an embarasment to the office he occupys.
Clear as day, yes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889253 Apr 17, 2013
those who the NRA can't control....

Supreme Court turns down challenge to N.Y. concealed-carry law

The law limits who can legally carry a gun on the streets. Justices leave in doubt whether people have a 2nd Amendment right to carry a firearm in public.

Without a comment or dissent, the justices turned down a gun-rights challenge to a New York law that strictly limits who can legally carry a weapon when they are on the streets. To obtain a "concealed carry" permit, New Yorkers must convince a county official that they have a "special need for protection" that goes beyond living or working in a high-crime area.

Only about one-tenth of 1% of New Yorkers have concealed-carry permits, compared to more than 6% in the neighboring states of Connecticut and Pennsylvania, the court was told.

Several gun owners who were denied a "concealed carry" permit sued, arguing they had a 2nd Amendment right to carry a gun for self-defense.

Rather than hear their appeal, the high court let stand a ruling by a federal appeals court that held states have broad authority to regulate guns in public.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/natio...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#889254 Apr 17, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I worship, swallow, and vote for Waxturds! ROTFLMAO!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889256 Apr 17, 2013
A man protesting a Senate vote on expanding background checks was arrested Wednesday for carrying a loaded weapon on U.S. Capitol grounds, according to CNN:

The man, who was carrying a sign promoting Second Amendment rights, engaged in conversation with police officers who tried to advise him of the rules governing protests at the Capitol. During that conversation, the man told the officers he was carrying a gun. The officers told him that it is against the law in the District of Columbia to carry a gun without a license and he was arrested.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889257 Apr 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Greg Gutfeld Apologizes For Fox News' Cutting Away From Obama's Gun Speech
Gutfeld: "I Think That Should Have Been Handled Better"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/17/greg...
Who gives a rats asks? It was only Obama.

Figures Muddy Matters whines.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LittleRedridingd uhHood

United States

#889258 Apr 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Here for another intellectual beating, boy? I gots a lotta mo.....
Back off Fenree, Duh bA Vey is my picking stump lol
1 post removed
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889260 Apr 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
i bet the guy watches FOX and makes comments at Breibart.
lol
I bet you are an idiot. Oh, let me take that back. I know you are an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#889262 Apr 17, 2013
It seems like they arrested the OWS Democrat that made the Ricin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

United States

#889263 Apr 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
When IEDs Come Home: What Boston Looked Like to Iraq Veterans
It wasn't like seeing the Iraq war break out on the Boston streets, they said, but they found their experiences rushing back while watching the news as they tried to figure out what kind of bomb it might have been. Because, for a year or more of their adult lives, what happened on Monday was a regular experience. Some worried the attack could become another pretense for war. Some tried to stifle a feeling that Americans don't care about the people overseas who are blown up all the time.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...
What kind of idiots would even begin to place any sort of negative judge-it-for-juveniles icon on your post?

CLueless fkn libuhrul psychoTIC parasites no doubt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

United States

#889264 Apr 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
It seems like they arrested the OWS Democrat that made the Ricin.
Good. One down--?? to go.

dirtbags.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#889265 Apr 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I bet you are an idiot. Oh, let me take that back. I know you are an idiot.
i leave comments over at Breitbart, and the Daily Caller!

though not the kind you would make. i go for reality. not well received, but most of them over there act like you, so i don't expect reality to be very popular.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#889266 Apr 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear as day, yes.
the treasonous bastard has sank to an all time low and clearly shows his disrespect for the people he was elected to serve. The left call him a Genius but truth is the only one he's smarter than is the damm fools who voted for him.anyone with a mind can see obama for what he is , a treasonous bastard who hates America.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas border residents mixed over whether they ... 1 min butters_ 15
News U.S. private prison operator shares seen rising... 2 min Mikey 6
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 3 min Thesimpletruth 9
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Soetoro 1,394
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 237,623
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... 8 min spytheweb 25
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 21 min Chilli J 15,756
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 32 min Chilli J 412,784
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 42 min Make Merica great... 5,801
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 56 min Justice Dale 2,378
News Trump to roll back Obama's climate, water rules... 1 hr Retribution 78
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Julia 258,857
More from around the web