Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264634 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#769387 Oct 12, 2012
Eurozone will go into major depression in 2013.

Wins Nobel Peace Prize?
1 post removed
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#769389 Oct 12, 2012
So who won the big debate?

Homer can officially go on record I have never heard the sound of Paul Ryan's voice. I'm trying to keep it that way.
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#769392 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dealing with a woman that got hit in the head, from her husband with a brick, and is permanently mentally disabled.
In case you hadn't noticed.
I've noticed.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769393 Oct 12, 2012
Ryan on Biden: They're 'Desperate'
AP
GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's running mate, Paul Ryan, slams Obama campaign after the president came to the defense of Vice President Biden, who told supporters in Virginia that Republicans would put them 'back in chains.'

Snicker d o o d l e LOL

<Psssst,Dem ... you're a fkn coward. LOL>
fred

Newington, CT

#769394 Oct 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
Homer can officially go on record I have never heard the sound of Paul Ryan's voice. I'm trying to keep it that way.
Hindenburg homer is this forums crazy Joe

WALL STREET JOURNAL: The Bully vs. the Wonk. The Veep’s strategy: Show contempt for your opponent.“So now we know what Team Obama’s comeback plan was following last week’s defeat in the Presidential debate. Unleash Joe Biden to interrupt, filibuster, snarl, smirk and otherwise show contempt for Paul Ryan

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769395 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Romney’s Wrong on Syria
Intervention to depose Assad has major risks and no national security imperative.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Let's just face the truth. Syria is about Russia-and O'bama couldn't stand up to Russia if he had to. The muslims are the same terrorists that have lit the entire world on fire. O'bama has supported them since before he took office. Biden stated that Assad will go--how is O'bama going do that?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#769396 Oct 12, 2012
Nobel Peace Prize should have went to the 14 year old girl who has stood up to the Taliban on the rights of women and girls in Afghanistan. Who was promptly shot in the neck and the head. She should be air lifted, with her family, to the US. Where is the outrage from NOW? Where are the feminazi's on this? They are not about women's rights. If they don't loudly and constantly march and protest what these barbarians are doing to the women over there then they need to just shut up and go home. Otherwise, to me, it's all about killing babies! Where is Code Pink????
TSM

El Paso, TX

#769397 Oct 12, 2012
If Biden objective was Damage Control…he failed!!
1 post removed
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769399 Oct 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
You kept the sound off? Joe delivered a super smackdown.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#769400 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep he kicked Ryan's azz.
I agree
you're as delusional as Biden. maybe you also still hang out in that diner with him all the time, the one that closed 20 years ago.

Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#769401 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
Remember that time in the vice presidential debate when Paul Ryan told a random and not particularly helpful anecdote about a family dying in a car wreck? Remember when he told that story in front of a man who once lost his young wife and first daughter in a car accident one week before Christmas and one month after being elected to the United States Senate?
Yea, that happened.
Ryan talked at length about a family that he and former Governor Mitt Romney met during a campaign function in Massachusetts. In my estimation, Paul Ryan did this to rattle Joe Biden. He did it to knock Joe Biden off of his game. This makes Paul Ryan detestable.
Can you imagine if Biden had said something like this:
You know, the President and I were traveling through Wisconsin when we met a young man who found his father dead in bed. That man had suffered a heart attack. And that's why we support universal healthcare for all. We want to make sure young men don't lose their fathers in high school.
But Joe Biden wouldn't say that. Because Joe Biden has integrity. As the situation played out, the anecdote backfired on Ryan. Biden responded like you might expect, taking a moment to collect himself, then telling the nation of how he overcame great tragedy in his own life. Biden responded:
"I don't doubt [Governor Romney's] personal generosity, and I know what its like. When I was a little younger than the congressman, my wife was in an accident.[It] killed my daughter and my wife, and my two sons survived. The one thing you can give people is solace to know that if you've been through it, they can make it."
Joe Biden shows again that he has the sort of empathy necessary to properly govern. Paul Ryan shows once again that he is the sort of man willing to use anything - including the painful and tragic death of his opponent's family - to score a political point.
Yeah, that was a low blow. I thought Biden handled that as well as he could.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#769402 Oct 12, 2012
TSM wrote:
If Biden objective was Damage Control…he failed!!
If Ryan's objective was to avoid answering questions at all cost - he succeeded
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769403 Oct 12, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindenburg homer is this forums crazy Joe
WALL STREET JOURNAL: The Bully vs. the Wonk. The Veep’s strategy: Show contempt for your opponent.“So now we know what Team Obama’s comeback plan was following last week’s defeat in the Presidential debate. Unleash Joe Biden to interrupt, filibuster, snarl, smirk and otherwise show contempt for Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan was outranked, couldn't answer questions. Mitt and Ryan are two guys really bad at lying. Not fooling anyone but the fools, like you.

Let's talk about this 20 percent,” Raddatz said.“You have refused to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20 percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics or are you still working on it and that's why you won't tell voters?”

Ryan said that his plan would deny loopholes and deductions for millionaires, and that a Romney administration would work with Congress. Raddatz asked,“You guarantee this math will add up?”

“Six studies have verified that this adds up,” Ryan said.

But not all of the six studies are actually studies. As HuffPost has reported, three of them are blog posts or op-eds, and one was paid for by Romney for President Inc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/paul...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#769404 Oct 12, 2012
Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) pushed back on Paul Ryan's contention Thursday night that his Medicare privatization plan is bipartisan on account of the work Wyden and Ryan did on a similar voucher blueprint late last year.

Wyden wrote on Facebook after the vice presidential debate:

The Vice President is right, Romney/Ryan moved the goal post on Medicare and I strongly oppose their plan because I believe it hurts seniors.

The Romney/Ryan plan raises the age of eligibility and repeals the ACA leaving millions of seniors with no health coverage. The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare pulls the safety net out from under the poorest and most vulnerable seniors, taking away the opportunity for nursing home care from seniors who need it and have no other options.

The Wyden-Ryan white paper strengthened the safety net for these dual eligibles. The Romney/Ryan version shreds it. The republican ticket knows that neither I, nor any other Democrat, would support these policies.

The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare is further proof that Mitt Romney is singularly unfit to end gridlock and bring bipartisan solutions to Washington.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#769405 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Let's just face the truth. Syria is about Russia-and O'bama couldn't stand up to Russia if he had to. The muslims are the same terrorists that have lit the entire world on fire. O'bama has supported them since before he took office. Biden stated that Assad will go--how is O'bama going do that?
Well you know that if it has to do with Russia, Sarah has the most experience there.
1 post removed
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769407 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
Nobel Peace Prize should have went to the 14 year old girl who has stood up to the Taliban on the rights of women and girls in Afghanistan. Who was promptly shot in the neck and the head. She should be air lifted, with her family, to the US. Where is the outrage from NOW? Where are the feminazi's on this? They are not about women's rights. If they don't loudly and constantly march and protest what these barbarians are doing to the women over there then they need to just shut up and go home. Otherwise, to me, it's all about killing babies! Where is Code Pink????
Everyone is outraged. Stop making up bullshyt.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769408 Oct 12, 2012
Biden's Demeanor During Debate Called Disrespectful
Republicans pounce on Biden's demeanor during debate, calling his smiling and laughing inappropriate

Biden Under Fire for Claim Administration Unaware of Libya Security Requests

OPINION: Biden's Parents Taught Him Many Things — But Not Manners

OPINION: Was Chris Matthews Biden's Debate Coach?

SNICKER D O O D L E

LOL
Jane Says

New York, NY

#769409 Oct 12, 2012
Biden’s Top Five Lies And Exaggerations: Debate Night Edition

NUMBER 1: Vice President Biden Blamed The Intelligence Community For The Shifting Story About Benghazi – A Claim Disputed By His Own State Department:

Vice President Biden, On The Shifting Story About The Acts Of Terror In Benghazi:“The Intelligence Community Told Us That.”“Biden said the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, was repeating what intelligence sources had told her when she blamed the video as a ‘proximate cause’ of the violence in an interview five days after the attack.‘The intelligence community told us that,’ Biden said.‘As they learned more facts about exactly what happened, they changed their assessment.’”(Julian Pecquet,“Biden Blames Intelligence Community For Changing Story About Libya Attack,” The Hill, 10/11/12)

“The State Department Says It Never Concluded That An Attack That Killed The U.S. Ambassador To Libya Was Simply A Protest Gone Awry…”“The State Department says it never concluded that an attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya was simply a protest gone awry, a statement that places the Obama administration's own foreign policy arm in sync with Republicans. That extraordinary message, appearing to question the administration's initial description of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, came in a department briefing Tuesday — a day before a hearing on diplomatic security in Libya was to be held by the Republican-led House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.”(Larry Margasak and Bradley Klapper,“State Dept. Description Of Attack In Sync With GOP,” The Associated Press, 10/10/12)

For Weeks Following The Terrorist Attacks In Libya, President Obama And His Advisers Offered “Shifting Accounts Of The Fatal Attacks.”“The Obama administration’s shifting accounts of the fatal attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, have left President Obama suddenly exposed on national security and foreign policy, a field where he had enjoyed a seemingly unassailable advantage over Mitt Romney in the presidential race.”(Mark Landler,“Shifting Reports On Libya Killings May Cost Obama,” The New York Times, 9/28/12)

•“After First Describing The Attack As A Spontaneous Demonstration Run Amok, Administration Officials Now Describe It As A Terrorist Act…”“After first describing the attack as a spontaneous demonstration run amok, administration officials now describe it as a terrorist act with possible involvement by Al Qaeda. The changing accounts prompted the spokesman for the nation’s top intelligence official, James R. Clapper Jr., to issue a statement on Friday acknowledging that American intelligence agencies ‘revised our initial assessment to reflect new information indicating that it was a deliberate and organized terrorist attack carried out by extremists.’”(Mark Landler,“Shifting Reports On Libya Killings May Cost Obama,” The New York Times, 9/28/12)

USA Today:“In Fact, Every Aspect Of The Early Account — Peddled Most Prominently By U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice — Has Unraveled.”“Three weeks after an attack in Libya killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans, we now know that it did not spring from a spontaneous protest, spurred by an anti-Muslim video, as the Obama administration originally described it. In fact, every aspect of the early account — peddled most prominently by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice — has unraveled.”(Editorial,“Shiftin g Libya Attack Story Raises Red Flags,” USA Today, 10/1/12)
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769410 Oct 12, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic when the dead are used for political points ... but, then, that's the Snicker d o o d l e.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769411 Oct 12, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Biden has sincerity and empathy. You can't fake that. Romney/Ryan are two cold calculating cutthroats and liars. The debate was great, way to go Joe! He did a super job explaining Iran; I loved it when he said, everyone needs to calm down, they don't have a weapon. Then he asked Ryan "you want to go to war"?
Fantastic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 12 min Quirky 55
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 12 min Mitts Gold Plated... 42
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 min Eagle 12 11,058
News Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M betw... 15 min Mitts Gold Plated... 49
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dale 194,728
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min voter 190,458
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 18 min Fart news 708
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 172,025
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 1 hr Prep-for-Dep 126
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Quirky 336,897
More from around the web