Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620029 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#769738 Oct 12, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called being assertive and confident when Romney does it. When a democrat does it, well then it's a horse of a different color. It's called rude, interruptive and aggressive. These people go off the rails when the truth and facts are presented. They live in a world of Fox/Limbaugh/Beck distortions and lies. Last night was a shock to em. This is how they react. Like a bunch of little girls. Professional cable news screecher Sean Hannity is shocked that Biden had the audacity to go after Ryan and act "interruptive". I Can’t wait for the clip of tonight’s show when Hannity rudely shouts down a Democratic guest about Biden’s rudeness and “interruptive”(not a word) behavior. Today agressive is a dirty word. Last week, not so much.
How many times did romney laugh at obama?
1 post removed

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#769740 Oct 12, 2012
lion wrote:
<quoted text>
Specially since they said it three days ago. Way to be on top of your favorite reality show.
What is the spread on wvu?
Vegas.com Favorite WVU -4 781/2o/u WVU -31/2 78o/u WVU -4 781/2o/u

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#769741 Oct 12, 2012
So has homer called biden rude and arrogant yet?
2 posts removed
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#769744 Oct 12, 2012
Fact Checking Biden: 10 Lies And Counting

http://www.gop.com/news/research/fact-checkin...

Biden Claimed He Wanted To Be “Completely Accurate” In The Debate, But Instead He Twisted The Facts

Biden:“I Don’t Want To Say Anything In The Debate That’s Not Completely Accurate.”“‘What I’ve been doing mostly, quite frankly, is studying up on Congressman Ryan’s positions on the issues, and Gov. Romney has embraced at least everything I can see. I don’t want to say anything in the debate that’s not completely accurate,’ Biden told reporters outside a Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs, Iowa.”(Arlette Saenz,“Vice President Joe Biden Says Accuracy Is Key At Next Week’s Debate,” ABC News’ Political Punch, 10/4/12)

LIE #1: BIDEN CLAIMED THE WHITE HOUSE DIDN’T KNOW THE LIBYAN EMBASSY WANTED MORE SECURITY

LIE #2: BIDEN CLAIMED THERE WAS NO WASTE OR ABUSE OF STIMULUS MONEY

LIE #3: BIDEN CLAIMED THE ADMISTRATION SAVED MONEY FROM MEDICARE AND PUT IT BACK IN THE PROGRAM

LIE #4: BIDEN CLAIMED OBAMACARE WOULD NOT REQUIRE RELIGIOUS GROUPS TO COVER CONTRACEPTIVES

LIE #5: BIDEN CLAIMED ROMNEY WOULDN’T “ MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH TO GET BIN LADEN “

LIE #6: BIDEN CLAIMED ROMNEY WANTED DETROIT TO GO BANKRUPT

LIE #7: BIDEN CLAIMED RYAN’S BUDGET CUTS WERE TO BLAME FOR THE LACK OF EMBASSY SECURITY

LIE #8: BIDEN CLAIMED RYAN’S BUDGET WOULD COST SENIORS AN EXTRA $6,400

LIE #9: BIDEN CLAIMED OBAMA ONLY WANTS TO RAISE TAXES ON MILLIONAIRES

LIE #10: BIDEN CLAIMED OBAMA RESCUED THE AUTO INDUSTRY
1 post removed
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#769746 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And if all you got is criticizing how the opposition looks to you, you ought to be real careful about going there.
Why?

You and the clueless on here can't benefit from the truth?

A CEO IS AGAINST HIS OWN WORKFORCE.

THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS.

CEO vs. THE WORKERS.

If rules do not exist to protect the workforce, it's game over. FOR THE WORKER! NOT THE CEO: HE WINS!

Who is against rules that protect workers?

THE CEO!

You want to put this CEO guy in charge of the whole country? All the citizens? Most citizens are WORKERS!

So Mitt Romney is against most of the citizens.

Why does he want to abolish access to healthcare for everyone by law?

He can pay less taxes for him. He has his own healthcare. He is super rich. He does not need Medicare either or Social Security benefits or Medicaid or Education or Welfare or food stamps or government itself! Get rid of these, Mitt Romney can pay less taxes for him. That is the kind of math he lives by.

You don't believe this?

Look around!

These super rich have their own security! Their own schools. Their own retirement. Their own fire departments. Their own airlines. Their own gated communities. THEY HATE PAYING FOR GOVERNMENT.

Why in the heck would you want a guy who has spent his whole life honing the skill of how to be against workers and thus the citizens?

It's insane!

We need to empower the middle class! Create real lasting demand in the economy!

MITT ROMNEY IS THE OPPOSITE OF THIS!

ALWAYS HAS BEEN. ALWAYS WILL BE.

Why would the citizens just giveaway all the gains they have made? SO A RICH GUY CAN PAY A LITTLE LESS IN HIS TAXES!

Don't be dumb!

All Democrat Ticket! Vote for Obama!
1 post removed
we give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#769748 Oct 12, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
A Nazi racist to boot.
you racially abusing black yet you don't think of yourself as racist huh ??

Typical Jew .

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#769749 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's totally amazing. Ryan was totally outranked, Bidens got 40 years of experience in foreign policy and he was on his game. And, he was not lying.
Mitt was lying about everything during the first debate; he can't seem to say the same thing the same twice.
No one expects anything else but lies from Romney anymore. It's become the norm. To question someone who is playing fast and lose with the facts, in a debate is now being called rude by these wackjobs. Lol,,No one cares if Biden was aggressive. It's a debate for fcks sake. And in a debate, when you lie, you get called out. If the "aggression" is so horrifying they really shouldn't be watching a debate. They should stick with watching Trump's show or Hee-haw reruns. Lol,,They all need fainting couches again today. What a bunch of drama queens.
1 post removed
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#769751 Oct 12, 2012
lion wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you believe?
Your feelings are meaningless.
Save your feelings for Dr Phil.
Maybe that douchbag will care.
Oh I see you don't care about the facts.

Much better to deal in half truths on such an important issue.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#769752 Oct 12, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
The haters are out in full force today doing what they do best. And no wonder. Ironically, of course, it’s music to my ears.
Hehe - me too. Nobody likes my twin brother Joe.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#769753 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Please do not confuse a CIA informant with the CIA of the United States. Hillary Clinton is speaking out today-trying to cover Bidens' stupidity on the situation. I understand how liberals hate the CIA-they are the scape goat in this administration. Hillary is saying that they are still oblivious to what happened.
And yes the Washington Post is a liberal controlled outlet. They also report to O'bama before publishing.
The facts will surface eventually and you'll look like the fkn putz that you are. The CIA informant in Afghanistan was not searched per policy because the CIA operative thought it would be insulting and the guy might clam up. Nice move )))kaboom(((.

If the Benghazi mission was a CIA base as was indicated by the GOP loudmouths at Wednesdays hearings then the story about requesting additional security at Benghazi is total bullshyte.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#769754 Oct 12, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, go lie down on the fainting couch. And take your pearls off, you're cluthing em so tight they're gonna break.
carol

Orlando, FL

#769755 Oct 12, 2012
lion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they point out Ryan voted against more security for our embassies ?
Cutting back costs everywhere is what the GOP voted for in the House including cutting back spending where it wasn't absolutely necessary overseas. Cutting anything never made to a Senate vote.

When the calls came through to the White House that more security was needed in Libya, it was THIS administration who had the power to provide it. They did not.

Our embassy in Paris has military security. Why would this administration purposely REMOVE security in Libya on 9/11 knowing there were al Qaeda cells and heavy ammunition reported in that country?

Worse yet, why do they keep trying to cover up the truth?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769756 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Homer can be just as "eloquent" in explaining the question I asked him before:
What did Joe find so funny about the attacks on our embassies, the number of joblessness and the Middle East fiasco which they screwed up?
Or maybe you have an explanation?
Classic republican twister; if you think he was laughing at the above then you have serious comprehension issues.

He was laughing at the incredulity of Ryans statements. I know you don't like Biden, but, he's not a liar and he was on his game last night. Ryan was not, could not answer the questions. It was a good a lively debate, as it should be with a back and forth.
we give 3rillion 2 Israel

Chicago, IL

#769757 Oct 12, 2012
Florida wrote:
Romney/Ryan = 2
obama/Biden = 0
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CCMq5mSQyi8XX
-
The Unconscious Poison of Stagnate Liberalism
-
It's the culture...
Romney scratched off 47% of Americans leaving 53% out . If out of this 53% only 4% vote for him BARRY OBAMA WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT . I think Obama already won !!!

No racist rich boys in our office !!!!!!!!!!

America for Americans not Israel as Romney wants it
carol

Orlando, FL

#769758 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it inappropriate for presidential candidates to comment on sensitive foreign policy issues. It is foolhardy, dangerous and is clear postering, not to mention meaningless. I realize it can't be forbidden, but one would think that common sense would prevail.
These republicans are whining and acting as if the State Dept, CIA FBI and the President are obliged to reveal every single detail of everything so that they can weigh in with their stupid sophmoric comments in a feeble attempt to gain some sort of points to sway public opinion? Remember Valerie Plame?
I find it even more inappropriate for an American president to lie to the American people about a confirmed terrorist attack - over and over and over again - just to cover his political ass.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#769759 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He was rude and dissrespectful, whining and smirking throughout the entire debate.
What on God's green earth is there to respect about this kind of blatant arrogance?
Just for you, Carol, a big Paul Ryan smile to help you forget about that nasty ol’ Joe Biden’s smirk...

((————————
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#769760 Oct 12, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that Romney/Ryan are getting the same security briefings that Obama/Biden are getting right?
No they're not__not even close.

Link your source__or just carry on with the cooking.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#769761 Oct 12, 2012
lion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they cover.
Means they don't have a clue but like WVU. A 78 over/under with a -4 spread? They are guessing. I'd take WV and under.
1 post removed
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769763 Oct 12, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Romneys laughter was the nervous laughter of a liar. He's a closer; like when you buy a car and the salesman can't make the deal and brings you into the closers office; fast talking, condescending, throw in a little threat to fire the moderator and a little stupid humor about firing Big Bird. That's all anyone remembers about Romney that night, that he wants to fire Big Bird.
Other than that I think that they were both cordial to each other, the beginning exchange that it was the Presidents anniversary and having to spend it with Mitt was funny and cute.
I hope the next debate has more substance; with back and forth like the VP debate was.
carol

Orlando, FL

#769764 Oct 12, 2012
None of this is even going to matter by next week. Biden will go back to making his usual gaffes and Obama will once again be in the spotlight in the next two debates.

That's all that matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 min Hope That Helps 305
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min RiccardoFire 12,983
News Ga. state Rep. Betty Price asks about quarantin... 2 min anonymous 2
News Barack Obama 4 min Retribution 40
News At Mississippi school: Goodbye, Confederacy. He... 7 min Fucisil 22
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Jack in the Box 37,016
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 16 min Big Al 323
More from around the web