Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601559 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#769710 Oct 12, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of think the past three years of (well you know) would work on anybodies..well...you know.
Opotus should have to give the veep a raise- out of the optus salary-just for showing up every day lol.
ROMNEY/RYAN et al 2012!
He's definitely a "team player" which is part of the problem.

They sometimes have to remind him which team he's on. And once he's on the field, they have to worry he'll make a touchdown for the wrong side.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769711 Oct 12, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about taking up a collection to send Fluke to Pakistan to see if they want to support her no-personal-responsibility sex life?
You rightwingers are the American Taliban against womens rights and then have the gall to pretend you give two shyts about a Pakistani girl. GFY, Idiot.
1 post removed
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769713 Oct 12, 2012
Russia says the Syria-bound plane intercepted by Turkey amid reports it was carrying cargo which could aid government war efforts was transporting a legal shipment of radar equipment.

"There were no weapons on the plane," said Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

His comments followed heated exchanges between Turkey and Syria over the exact nature of the items confiscated.

Turkey's PM earlier said Russian-made defence equipment was found on board - a claim Syria dismissed as a lie.

Damascus has challenged the Turks to put the seized goods on public view.

Relations deteriorated sharply last week after the deaths of five Turkish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-199281...
carol

Orlando, FL

#769714 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
This was well written. Agree.
Maybe Homer can be just as "eloquent" in explaining the question I asked him before:

What did Joe find so funny about the attacks on our embassies, the number of joblessness and the Middle East fiasco which they screwed up?

Or maybe you have an explanation?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769715 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he didn't interrupt Obama one single time. He interrupted the moderator a few times to finish making his impassioned points when the moderator tried to act like he was the most important one in the room. That's about it.
So maybe you can tell me. What did Joe find so funny about the attacks on our embassies, the number of joblessness and the Middle East fiasco which they screwed up?
and what was the deal with Biden saying Iran doesn't have a weapon? is this administration so stupid that they don't realize that a suit case on a plane or at an embassy is a weapon?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#769716 Oct 12, 2012
I'm not defending him.

I've always thought Biden was rude and offensive.

But, I also didn't expect him to be anything different in The Debate.

Where is the discussion regarding Biden's position on the issues.

All I've heard about is his rudeness.

He's always condescending, smirking and inappropriately laughing.

And as I stated, that is nothing new with Biden.

And I'm not that invested in these debates as you are.

I have a life. You have topix. And politics.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden has always been a little unbalanced. He's like the every family's eccentric uncle who amuses everyone but is never taken seriously.
However, if you didn't see the smirking, inappropriate laughing, rudeness and condescention for yourself, you probably shouldn't be defending him, should you?
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#769717 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest I never thought of Biden as a bitch--but if you say so.
He be Da Bammy's bitch.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#769718 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I find it inappropriate for presidential candidates to comment on sensitive foreign policy issues. It is foolhardy, dangerous and is clear postering, not to mention meaningless. I realize it can't be forbidden, but one would think that common sense would prevail.
These republicans are whining and acting as if the State Dept, CIA FBI and the President are obliged to reveal every single detail of everything so that they can weigh in with their stupid sophmoric comments in a feeble attempt to gain some sort of points to sway public opinion? Remember Valerie Plame?
You do realize that Romney/Ryan are getting the same security briefings that Obama/Biden are getting right?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#769719 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he didn't interrupt Obama one single time. He interrupted the moderator a few times to finish making his impassioned points when the moderator tried to act like he was the most important one in the room. That's about it.
So maybe you can tell me. What did Joe find so funny about the attacks on our embassies, the number of joblessness and the Middle East fiasco which they screwed up?
Momentary breaks for him- in trying to make refreshing lemonade out of already squeezed and drained lemons-can't "debate" the TRUTH.(and breathe.)

ROMNEY/RYAN/BIDEN/CHRISTIE et all 2012!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#769720 Oct 12, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called being assertive and confident when Romney does it. When a democrat does it, well then it's a horse of a different color. It's called rude, interruptive and aggressive. These people go off the rails when the truth and facts are presented. They live in a world of Fox/Limbaugh/Beck distortions and lies. Last night was a shock to em. This is how they react. Like a bunch of little girls. Professional cable news screecher Sean Hannity is shocked that Biden had the audacity to go after Ryan and act "interruptive". I Can’t wait for the clip of tonight’s show when Hannity rudely shouts down a Democratic guest about Biden’s rudeness and “interruptive”(not a word) behavior. Today agressive is a dirty word. Last week, not so much.
It's totally amazing. Ryan was totally outranked, Bidens got 40 years of experience in foreign policy and he was on his game. And, he was not lying.
Mitt was lying about everything during the first debate; he can't seem to say the same thing the same twice.
fred

Milford, CT

#769721 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
This was well written. Agree.
Joe lied. Americans died.

TOM BROKAW SEES THE WRITING ON THE WALL: Tom Brokaw Pans Biden Debate Demeanor: Shouldn’t Be ‘Laughing’ During Discussion Of Iran.

He shouldn’t have been lying about his Iraq and Afghan war votes, either. And the claim about our current financial problems stemming from Bush’s putting those wars that Biden voted for “on the credit card” is an occasion to repost this graphic comparing spending under Bush and Obama once again. Yeah, that part’s basically a lie, too. Joe Biden’s sounding kinda like Joe Isuzu, only less smooth.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/upl...
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#769722 Oct 12, 2012
kuda wrote:
This must be National Hate Vice President Biden Day.
Obviously everyone thought he did well at the debate.
I know I did, but then I respect him.
Do you also pee and roll over when your master comes home?
carol

Orlando, FL

#769723 Oct 12, 2012
kuda wrote:
This must be National Hate Vice President Biden Day.
Obviously everyone thought he did well at the debate.
I know I did, but then I respect him.
He was rude and dissrespectful, whining and smirking throughout the entire debate.

What on God's green earth is there to respect about this kind of blatant arrogance?
2 posts removed
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#769726 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You rightwingers are the American Taliban against womens rights and then have the gall to pretend you give two shyts about a Pakistani girl. GFY, Idiot.
GFY with a running chainsaw.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#769727 Oct 12, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should soon volunteer to do yours.
Someone has, that's my his tongue is tied?
1 post removed
fred

Milford, CT

#769729 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I find it inappropriate for presidential candidates to comment on sensitive foreign policy issues. It is foolhardy, dangerous and is clear postering, not to mention meaningless. I realize it can't be forbidden, but one would think that common sense would prevail.
These republicans are whining and acting as if the State Dept, CIA FBI and the President are obliged to reveal every single detail of everything so that they can weigh in with their stupid sophmoric comments in a feeble attempt to gain some sort of points to sway public opinion? Remember Valerie Plame?
Ya mean like "this war is lost".

ps

Valerie Plame was exposed by Richard Armitrage at State and she wasn't an undercover CIA agent. Her husband worked for Kerry

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH EDITORIALIZES: Obama administration can’t spin its way out of blame for Benghazi.“The murder of Stevens and his colleagues raises serious questions about the administration’s priorities and competence.”

Indeed it does. Or maybe it just answers them.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#769730 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You have lost all right to talk about women's rights. To even compare what you whiny ass libtard women call so-called women's rights to what those poor women in the Muslim world go through is a travesty. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
fred

Milford, CT

#769731 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
\

blah blah blah ... abortion is murder. Liberals are the Taliban who kill girls.
carol

Orlando, FL

#769732 Oct 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, Lily...that's a rational comparison..."rightwinger s are the American Taliban against women's rights".

Seriously?

Do you have any idea how insane that sounds in light of what the radical Islamic Taliban does to women?

We don't want to pay for women killing their unborn child or their birth control pills which they wouldn't use anyway.

Think about what you just said for a minute. Maybe the light will come on.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#769733 Oct 12, 2012
lion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they point out Ryan voted against more security for our embassies ?
Yes I believe he did but cuts had nothing to do with the shortages of security at the Benghazi embassy. So for Biden or the Democrats to suggest there was, is just another lie in a long list of Whoppers in regards to this cover up.

http://rncresearch.tumblr.com/post/3340159818...

http://www.gop.com/news/research/fact-checkin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 3 min Crack Babby 1,285
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min River Tam 31,087
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 10 min Counterpoint 14
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min zach 317,506
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 16 min Ronald 9,952
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 17 min Concerned 287
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 18 min Chilli J 1,244
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min NTMD8OR 289,173
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 1 hr davy 75
More from around the web