Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761882 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#769317 Oct 12, 2012
The Republican brain trust has coalesced around an official response to last night's vice presidential debate: Joe Biden laughed and smiled. A lot. Oh, and he was rude. That's all they've got. But considering their other option was that Paul Ryan had his ass handed to him, it's probably the best they can do.
Bill

Miami, FL

#769318 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden had more than equal time throughout the debate to make his points - over a minute more than Ryan. But he couldn't stop talking long enough to give his opponent a considerately equal amount of unterrupted time between the smirking and whining.
It was not becoming of a VP and put on full display the superior and condescending mentality of Democrats who do not take any of the serious issues we face seriously.
Obama stooges last night were yucking it up about increased donations today. Today it is already obvious Independents were put off by his disrespect for Ryan and the moderator. The Obama base is overjoyed, the rest of us are disgusted with his performance.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769319 Oct 12, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text> ...Obama is such a bad POTUS, no one , including Biden could turn things around for him.
Dude. Even Bush got 8 years. There's all that vote fraud and stuff, but nonetheless.
dem

Chicago, IL

#769320 Oct 12, 2012
Vice President Joseph Biden Jr. would not sit still for a parade of misleading and often blatantly untruthful descriptions of the state of the economy and the Republican prescriptions for it. [...] Mr. Ryan’s performance on foreign affairs and military issues was at best disingenuous and at worst bumbling
dem

Chicago, IL

#769321 Oct 12, 2012
Republicans are trying to push back against Biden's clear victory by whining that he laughed too much during the debate.
dem

Chicago, IL

#769322 Oct 12, 2012
Well, yes, Biden laughed during the debate but that's only because the Romney-Ryan plan is, to use a word that surprisingly was not used during last night's debate, literally laughable on its face. Claiming you're going to make a $5 trillion tax cut without getting rid of vital middle class deductions like those for mortgage interest and the like doesn't pass the straight face test. It's comical. It violates basic principles of arithmetic. It's a joke.
dem

Chicago, IL

#769323 Oct 12, 2012
Moreover, how can you not laugh when Ryan serves up such deliciously comical and ironic lines like "Mitt Romney's a car guy!" Well, shucks, Ryan, we sure knew that. He loves cars so darn much he's gonna build his cars a car elevator. I give credit to Biden for not busting out in a fit of belly laughs right then and there.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769324 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>and the Benghazi killings--Joe really yucked that up. What was he thinking? and why did he continue to lie?
Did Ryan point out the obfuscation?

Nope. Dazed and confused.
1 post removed
dem

Chicago, IL

#769326 Oct 12, 2012
Seldom has a split screen yielded such vigorous facial calisthenics. When Ryan talked, Biden didn’t just listen. He smiled with disbelief. He smiled even wider with derision. He whipped his head this way and that, laughing scornfully, glancing heavenward in exasperation. This was listening as an aerobic exercise, muscle-taxing and calorie-burning, and the message that he conveyed with it was clear: this widow-peaked pipsqueak to my side has a lot of nerve, a lot to learn and no place at the same table where I’m sitting.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#769327 Oct 12, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Interesting read.
Always enjoyed Juan Williams perspective and his good natured attitude. Got a real bad deal from NPR, Ug-Ly.
Anyway ...
Quote from the article:
"Biden cant come off as condescending to Paul Ryan, who is 27 years his junior. Style and perception count big in debates sometimes more than the facts. So Biden cant look like he is lecturing Ryan or like a crotchety old man yelling at a young boy for treading on his lawn. If that is the image people take away from the debate, Biden will have lost".
From what's been reported, didn't Biden do exactly this ^^^ above mentioned?
Though I don't put much 'faith' in projected polls, the actual poll numbers for who won the debate are in Ryan's favor.
And do these debates really determine an Election is the more important question. I say they don't.
<quoted text>
The polls are looking like the pundits. All over the place.
Katya

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#769328 Oct 12, 2012
Romney/Ryan TWO VERY VERY BAD ACTORS.

First the whole world read Romney body language as very ARROGANT,which is why he is still a GOVERNOR,"just".He can swing around and throw his arrogant attitude at anyone who would care to give him a 2nd chance to show off....

Any smart person can see he is just a bully and that's how he survives.Romney's kinds are not important in this century.The whole world has moved on beyond him.

Coming to Ryan,who is also an internationally confirmed "polished chick" of course well groomed with his dashing looks can't of course fail not to make sure that his body language said 70% of what he really didn't mean to say.

Ryan knows exactly how to act,say the right things e.t.c

But then mitt/paul forgot they are communicating with ordinary people and not at one of their beauty contests.

Ordinary hard working people,middle class Americans,who do not have the chance to visit a VIP SPA AND GET A MANICURE all at home,and then get pimped into politics and paid to look good at the expense of the rest.

MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS,whether you accept it or not,DO NOT FALL FOR ROMNEY/RYAN'S ACT!!!

You will pay dearly for it.Want a chance to live a decent life and real freedom of speech,equality at work,equal opportunities/salary for all,and many other things which you have struggled to get.....

VOTE OBAMA / BIDEN 2012 TO 2016!!!!!

DO NOT BE FOOLED OR DECEIVED!STAY SOBER AND ALL SOUTHERN AMERICANS AND ASIANS MAKE SURE YOU VOTE OBAMA,If you think Caucasians have your back,THINK AGAIN...

JUST LOOK AT YOUR SELF ESTEEM .....AT THE MOMENT AND

REMEMBER V O T E O B A M A / B I D E N 2 0 1 2!!
dem

Chicago, IL

#769329 Oct 12, 2012
Lily Boca Grande wrote:
<quoted text>A typical in your face libtard:
Typical name stealing come swallowing republican says what

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769330 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/embed/ static/clips/2012/10/12/27018/ fnc-hannity-20121011-williams
O'bama's staff now writes the news on Media Matters.
dem

Chicago, IL

#769331 Oct 12, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Obama stooges last night were yucking it up about increased donations today. Today it is already obvious Independents were put off by his disrespect for Ryan and the moderator. The Obama base is overjoyed, the rest of us are disgusted with his performance.
Of course you're disgusted.
You had to watch Biden beat Ryan's dumb azz.
Watch for that Romney bounce to disappear.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#769332 Oct 12, 2012
You really do need a life outside of politics.

Anyway, I just don't get all the bru-ha-ha about Biden being Biden.

Why would he change who and what he is and has always been.

For a TV political debate? That really isn't going to be a game changer regarding The Election. Ol Joe knows this.

A rough, tough jokster who has a style that has always worked in his favor. Whether right, wrong, or "becoming", that's WHO he is. Why did you all expect something different?

THAT is what I am finding amusing about this debate on the thread this AM.

I can neither confirm, deny, discuss or refute what Biden did or did not take seriously. I didn't watch The Debate.
Busy watching Baseball.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden had more than equal time throughout the debate to make his points - over a minute more than Ryan. But he couldn't stop talking long enough to give his opponent a considerately equal amount of unterrupted time between the smirking and whining.
It was not becoming of a VP and put on full display the superior and condescending mentality of Democrats who do not take any of the serious issues we face seriously.
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#769333 Oct 12, 2012
VP Biden LIED...

"Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya..."

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#769334 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's heads above talking to floriduh. Or fred. Or carol. Or......
But not you. You're cool.
[?]
Well thanks.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769335 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Ryan point out the obfuscation?
Nope. Dazed and confused.
as a matter of fact he did-We mourn the loss of these four Americans who were murdered. When you take a look at what has happened just in the last few weeks, they sent the U.N. ambassador out to say that this was because of a protest and a YouTube video. It took the president two weeks to acknowledge that this was a terrorist attack. He went to the U.N., and in his speech at the U.N. he said six times -- he talked about the YouTube video.

Look, if we are hit by terrorists, were going to call it for what it is, a terrorist attack. Our ambassador in Paris has a Marine detachment guarding him. Shouldnt we have a Marine detachment guarding our ambassador in Benghazi, a place where we knew that there was an al-Qaida cell with arms? This is becoming more troubling by the day. They first blamed the YouTube video; now theyre trying to blame the Romney-Ryan ticket for making this an issue.

No doubt you were laughing about Benghazi--just like Joe the Ho Ho Ho.
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#769336 Oct 12, 2012
VP Biden...

Ans respect...

"FOX NEWS' CHRIS WALLACE: I've Never Seen A Candidate As Disrespectful As Joe Biden Was Tonight"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chris-wallace-...
dem

Chicago, IL

#769337 Oct 12, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>You really do need a life outside of politics.

Anyway, I just don't get all the bru-ha-ha about Biden being Biden.

Why would he change who and what he is and has always been.

For a TV political debate? That really isn't going to be a game changer regarding The Election. Ol Joe knows this.

A rough, tough jokster who has a style that has always worked in his favor. Whether right, wrong, or "becoming", that's WHO he is. Why did you all expect something different?

THAT is what I am finding amusing about this debate on the thread this AM.

I can neither confirm, deny, discuss or refute what Biden did or did not take seriously. I didn't watch The Debate.
Busy watching Baseball.
Like Biden or not he knows how to talk to the real Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min NICK 80,682
News US judge refuses to dismiss ex-Trump aide Paul ... 7 min Trump suckers 164
News 'It's about time': President Trump pardons late... 7 min inbred Genius 67
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 9 min Raydot 44
News President Trump proposing billions in spending ... 11 min Stormy Abandonment 191
News Trump disclosure of lawyer payment raises new l... 16 min Trump suckers 141
News Trump dubs FBI informant scandal "Spygate" 20 min Say What 50
News Supreme Court delivers blow to workers' rights 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 144
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 2 hr fish and poi 365
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 2 hr Annie Oakly 1,130
News Sanctuary officials could get 5 years in prison... 2 hr Magic Utah Uwear 106