Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#768412 Oct 11, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>YOU just CALLED SOMEonE A KAFFIR wow do they know what that means WHERE IS DUM DEM
I put 'unbeliever' in parentheses --you could be correct-they may not know what that means either.:P

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#768413 Oct 11, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what should have been done in the first place, rather than sponsoring a destructive, ill-conceived government takeover.
Well, why didn't the Republicans do it?

BTW,there is no government takeover of healthcre.

We buy policies from private insurance company to get care with private providers.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#768414 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, plus they went there to ogle the girls in their Hooter outfits and then didn't want to tip. As I said, I'm sure his guests were really impressed.
If they had wanted to 'ogle' girls I would have taken them to JB's Gallary of Gitls! The food is better, the far less dressed, and they actually work for their tips! They wanted Hooter Wings. Who was I to say no. Most of those girls are working their way through college. Not going deep in debt to go to college.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#768415 Oct 11, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>From chapter 1 of Cone’s Black Theology and Black Power, the section aptly entitled,“Black Power and the White Liberal,”
The liberal white man is a strange creature; he verbalizes the right things. He intellectualizes on the racial problem beautifully. He denounces racists, conservatives, and the moderately liberal.[...] But he is still white to the very core of his being. What he fails to realize is that there is no place for him in this war of survival. Blacks do not want his patronizing, condescending words of sympathy.[...] However, there are places in the Black Power picture for ‘radicals,’ that is, for men, white or black, who are prepared to risk life for freedom. There are places for the John Browns, men who hate evil and refuse to tolerate it anywhere.”(27-28)
I'm sure you read the whole damn book, Bitch? BTW, Beyonce backed out of Eastwood movie...you go, girl!
1 post removed
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768417 Oct 11, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped a maid in his household and had a black daughter that he somewhat supported, but didn't acknowledge until his will was read...what a patriot...
That was quite a story

&NR =1&feature=endscreen

John Lennon, 1968
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#768418 Oct 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Florida has a ton of Post numbers, Realtime hating on and railroading Hispanics...
-
It's the culture...
Realtime also hates Italians, Poles, Irish, etc.....an equal opportunity bigot.....
THE NAUVOO LEGION

Toronto, Canada

#768419 Oct 11, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>From chapter 1 of Cone’s Black Theology and Black Power, the section aptly entitled,“Black Power and the White Liberal,”
The liberal white man is a strange creature; he verbalizes the right things. He intellectualizes on the racial problem beautifully. He denounces racists, conservatives, and the moderately liberal.[...] But he is still white to the very core of his being. What he fails to realize is that there is no place for him in this war of survival. Blacks do not want his patronizing, condescending words of sympathy.[...] However, there are places in the Black Power picture for ‘radicals,’ that is, for men, white or black, who are prepared to risk life for freedom. There are places for the John Browns, men who hate evil and refuse to tolerate it anywhere.”(27-28)
MEN LIKE LEO, YOU SAYIN'? WHAT YOU SAYIN' BITCH? AN' WHO TELL YOU TO GET YOU WHITE ASS OUT THE KITCHEN? NOW MAKE DEBIL A SANDWICH. AN' A BEER; GET HIM A BEER!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768420 Oct 11, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"“Black racism is a myth created by whites to ease their guilt feelings. As long as whites can be assured that blacks are racists, they can find reasons to justify their own oppression of’ black people.”
— James H. Cone Black Theology and Black Power"
I'd really love to beat the crap outa' you--up close and personal...maybe I'm having a bad day?
we get it. all that black on black crime that happens EVERY DAY anywhere they live, is just regular non-hate crime. and when blacks attack whites, it is only because they want to STEAL from them, and not because there is any racial animosity. or when pack of beasts go wilding or flash mobbing and only attacked whites, that was accidental and not racist, even when they yell anti-white slurs.

got it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#768421 Oct 11, 2012
Why America needs White History Month

Viewing the past through the lens of privilege obscures who got hurt in the process. White America needs saving from its myopia

The Republican presidential campaign has persuaded me. Not to vote for Mitt Romney, God no. They have, however, convinced me of something else I previously considered unthinkable. In some ways, the idea betrays my black nationalist inclinations, but having witnessed the GOP's flailing for the past year and a half as they've tried to mount a campaign to unseat President Obama, I've finally come around.

We need a White History Month.

For anyone who speaks on issues of race publicly, the idea has long been a joke – a retort thrown at you from frustrated white folks who believe they are being discriminated against because there doesn't exist a special month set aside to celebrate their racial identity. They cry foul at the notion of Black History Month, Black Entertainment Television, Black Enterprise and everything else with "black" in the title – even, sometimes, going so far as to say these things are racist in nature because their names and missions are "discriminatory". It's preposterous, but they counter that they need a White History Month to provide balance and equality.

After laughing this off for years, I'm now on the same page.

I don't mean White History in the same way we (attempt) to celebrate Black History during February, or Women's History in March. Where these are intended to correct an imbalance in the way history is celebrated from an overwhelming white male perspective, White History Month need not rehash the tales of great white heroism. We need a different approach here.

I mean for us to have a White History Month in the way James Baldwin once suggested a White History Week. During a speech before the National Press Club in 1986, he presented the idea and was later questioned about the seriousness of his remark. He responded:

"I was not joking about White History Week … I'm serious about that. White Americans really do not not know their history, and that's one of the reasons they're in trouble. And when I suggest White History Week, I'm not making a parody of Black History Week, but I'm suggesting that the truth about this country is buried in the myths that white people have about themselves. These myths have to be excavated and only can be excavated by white people."

Most of the history we learn is built on myths. Even the black history we choose to teach in response to eurocentric learning is centered around myths. But those myths are meant to help a people reclaim a history long denied to them, to instil self-esteem in the face of disempowerment. It may not be exactly ideal, but the rationale is at least noble. The myths of white American history perpetuate oppression and inequality. They instil in white America a false sense of self-imperviousness to facts or logic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768422 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
Someone has probably already mentioned this but the moderator of the vice presidential debate tonight had a special guest at her wedding in 1991...Barack Obama.
Guess we can count on no bias there.
So?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#768423 Oct 11, 2012
THE NAUVOO LEGION wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL, TO BE FAIR SO DID THOM JEFFERSON...
Truth be told, Thom didn't even do right by Sally in his will...I think his niece or sister in law or somebody finally had to free her and the kids...
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#768424 Oct 11, 2012
By assigning covert action roles to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), it is as if the White House and Congress had legitimized the Ku Klux Klan to operate globally. That’s because the CIA today resembles nothing so much as the “Invisible Empire” of the KKK that once spread terror across the South and Midwest. Fiery crosses aside, this is what the CIA is doing globally.

The CIA today is committing many of the same sort of gruesome crimes against foreigners that the KKK once inflicted on Americans of color. The principal difference is that the KKK consisted of self-appointed vigilantes who regarded themselves as both outside and above the law when they perpetrated their crimes.

By contrast, the CIA acts as the agent of the American government, often at the highest levels, at times at the direction of the White House. Its crimes typically are committed in contravention of the highest established international law such as the Charter of the United Nations as well as the U.S. Constitution.

What’s more, the “Agency,” as it is known, derives its funding largely from an imperial-minded Congress; additionally, it has no qualms about fattening its budget from drug money and other illegal sources as it can. It is a mirror-image of the lawless entity the U.S. has become since achieving superpower status. And it is incredible that the White House grants license to this violent Agency to commit its crimes with no accountability.

The Ku Klux Klan was founded shortly after the end of the U.S. Civil War. Klansman concealed their identities behind flowing white robes and white hoods as they terrorized the newly emancipated blacks to keep them from voting or to drive them from their property.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#768425 Oct 11, 2012
LOL wrote:
Time to start a little pool. How many minutes after Da Bammy is declared the loser on the night of November 6th will the Mau Mau destroy their own village? Double or nothing if you correctly name the village. Line up, folks, place your bets and guesses now. LOL
5 minutes....Detroit...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#768426 Oct 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The narrow thinking of the rightwinger never ceases to amaze me.
Maybe if cheap fck Flack tipped some those Hooter girls they would be able to afford more of what cheap fck Flack is selling and in the end Flack would make back his tip money and then some. They do not see the forest for the trees.
Of course Hooter girls are nice to ogle but don't tell my wife.
Flack probably out buying more gold.
Flack doesn't sell anything anymore. I did the girl's job for her. She was to busy hanging out with her friends on the other side of the restaurant. No way she was getting a tip. Flack doesn't buy gold.
THE NAUVOO LEGION

Toronto, Canada

#768427 Oct 11, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If they had wanted to 'ogle' girls I would have taken them to JB's Gallary of Gitls! The food is better, the far less dressed, and they actually work for their tips! They wanted Hooter Wings. Who was I to say no. Most of those girls are working their way through college. Not going deep in debt to go to college.
THE SAME CAN BE SAID OF MOS' HOOKERS. JUS' A BUNCH OF NICE 13 YEAR OL' RUSSIAN GIRLS WORKIN' THEY WAY THROUGH SCHOOL... UNLIKE WILLARD ROMNEY WHO CAIN'T EVEN FORCE HISSELF TO HIRE SOMEBODY TO BUILD HIS WALKWAY, DEBIL BELIEVE IN SUPPORTIN' THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT OUT THERE. IS HE RIGHT?
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#768428 Oct 11, 2012
Allowing it to operate in secret literally gives the CIA the mythical Ring of Gyges. In Plato’s Republic, the owner of the ring had the power to become invisible at will. As Wikipedia puts it, Plato “discusses whether a typical person would be moral if he did not have to fear the consequences of his actions.” The ancient Greeks made the argument, Wikipedia says, that “No man would keep his hands off what was not his own when he could safely take what he liked out of the market, go into houses and lie with any one at his pleasure, kill or release from prison whom he would, and in all respects be like a god among men.”

The CIA, like Hitler’s Gestapo and Stalin’s NKVD before it, has provided modern man the answer to this question. Its actions illuminate why all criminal entities, from rapists and bank robbers, to Ponzi scheme swindlers and murderers, cloak themselves in secrecy.

There are innumerable examples of how American presidents have authorized criminal acts without public discussion that the preponderant majority of Americans would find reprehensible. Example: it was President Lyndon Johnson who ordered the CIA to meddle in Chile’s election to help Eduardo Frei become president. If they had known, U.S. taxpayers might have objected to such a use of their hard-earned money to influence the outcome of another country’s elections. But the public is rarely let in on such illegal foreign policy decisions.

Where the KKK after the Civil War terrorized blacks to keep them from voting, the CIA has worked to influence the outcome of elections all over the world through bribery and vote-buying, dirty tricks, and worse. According to investigative reporter William Blum in “Rogue State”(Common Courage Press), the CIA has perverted elections in Italy, Lebanon, Indonesia, The Philippines, Japan, Nepal, Laos, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Portugal, Australia, Jamaica, Panama, Nicaragua, Haiti, among other countries. If they had known, taxpayers might also object to the CIA’s numerous overthrows of foreign governments by force and violence—such as was done in Iran in 1953 by President Eisenhower and Chile in 1973 by President Nixon.

Both overthrows precipitated bloodbaths that cost tens of thousands of innocent civilians their lives. Blum also lists the countries the CIA has attempted to overthrow or has actually overthrown. His list includes Greece, The Philippines, East Germany, Iran, Guatemala, Indonesia, Iraq, Viet Nam, Laos, Ecuador, The Congo, France, Cuba, Ghana, Chile, South Africa, Bolivia, Portugal, and Nicaragua, to cite a few. Two years ago, Nobel Peace Prize winner Adolfo Perez Esquivel of Argentina called on President Obama to revise U.S. policies toward Latin America. He questioned why the U.S. continues to plant its military bases across the region.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#768429 Oct 11, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You can google kilowatt hour costs by state to learn the pricing. FL average is about 11. 8 cents per, VA is but 10.5 cents per and PA over 13 cents per. Those are raw costs at the meter but there are other costs, taxes and fees involved in the monthly bill totals. Also, some in Florida and elsewhere purchase through co-ops or city utilities and generally get hosed.
My homes are total electric as yours probably is but up nawth folks use electric, oil and/or natural gas__sometimes all three. Oil heat, gas hot water and cooking and electric for lighting (domestic electric).
Yeah, electric heat is way too expensive, we have oil heat, but we keep our house a lot cooler than most people, usuallly in the low to mid 60's. My wife works from home so she'll use the small electric heater if she gets chilly. I light the fireplace when I get chilly. I don't think my electric bill has ever topped $100.

Dear rightwingers, the adults are conversing now, just relax for a few.
1 post removed
THE NAUVOO LEGION

Toronto, Canada

#768431 Oct 11, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you read the whole damn book, Bitch? BTW, Beyonce backed out of Eastwood movie...you go, girl!
DEBIL STANDIN' HERE NAKED IN FRONT THE SCREEN. HE SAY, "TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ALL THIS, BABY!"
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768432 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
Someone has probably already mentioned this but the moderator of the vice presidential debate tonight had a special guest at her wedding in 1991...Barack Obama.
Guess we can count on no bias there.
wasn't Obama actually using one of his aliases that year--Barry Soetoro?

http://itmakessenseblog.com/category/barry-so...
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#768433 Oct 11, 2012
CIA spies have conducted their criminal operations masquerading as officials of U.S. aid programs, business executives, or journalists. Example: The San Diego-based Copley News Service’s staff of foreign correspondents allegedly was created to provide cover to CIA spies, compromising legitimate American journalists trying to do their jobs. While the murders committed by the KKK likely ran into the many thousands, the CIA has killed on a far grander scale and managed to keep its role largely secret.

As Tim Weiner, who covered the CIA for the New York Times noted in his book “Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA”(Anchor):“In Guatemala, 200,000 civilians had died during forty years of struggle following the agency’s(CIA) 1954 coup against an elected president.” Weiner adds,“the CIA’s officers in Guatemala still went to great lengths to conceal the nature of their close relations with the military and to suppress reports that Guatemalan officers on its payroll were murderers, torturers, and thieves.” When it comes to murder, the CIA puts the KKK to shame.

Like the KKK, CIA terrorists operate above the law. KKK members committed thousands of lynchings yet rarely were its members punished for them. In 2009 at a speech at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, President Obama revealed he was not intent on punishing CIA agents for their crimes but would rather “look forward.” This seemingly charitable philosophy may be driven by the fact that Obama worked for Business International Corporation, a CIA front, at least in 1983 and perhaps longer, and allegedly is the son of a mother and father both of whom also worked for the CIA, as did Obama’s grandmother! I could find none of this in Obama’s biography when he ran for the presidency, when a gullible American public elected a CIA “mole” to the White House.

Consider this, too: an agency President Truman feared would become “an American Gestapo” when he signed the enabling legislation into law in 1947 has become just that, and it casts a lengthy shadow over the White House. Ominously, it has in Barack Obama one of its own former employees sitting in the Oval Office—a man who, according to news reports, has vastly expanded the frequency of the CIA’s assassinations by drone aircraft in Pakistan and who illegally claims the “right” to assassinate any American citizen abroad as well. What’s more, from 1989 to 1993 George Bush Sr., the CIA’s own former Director, sat in the White House.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 47,479
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Nutz 158,640
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 17 min Earthling-1 32,967
Clinton seeks to boost Democrats in Arkansas 18 min not a liberal idiot 3
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... 20 min Earthling-1 29
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 33 min 5H4K3 4 T41L F34TH3R 944
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 35 min Kentucky-Mitch 11,429
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Subduction Zone 120,741
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 4 hr barefoot2626 147
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 4 hr OccupyThis 482
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr X -Man- 269,549
Obama approves reservists for Ebola fight, gove... 6 hr barefoot2626 203

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE