Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275250 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#768048 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you buying in DR?
Mostly business. We have a manufacturing plant here that I oversee.

I am also working with a mission church on a project to help bring more clean drinking water to the locals. Water is abundant although wells are not. Either way the water needs to be filtered and purified to be safe for use. Most locals do not have running water in their homes and often use contaminated water for household use. It's a big problem for the poor down here.
1 post removed
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#768050 Oct 11, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obsess much? Bwahahaha!
That moron dem seems obsessed with you Gunner. You must get under the losers skin real bad. There's no other explanation. Keep up the good work. The busier you keep a libtard here, the less damage the connivering goon can do elsewhere.

LOL!!!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#768051 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I care about my kids and grand kids to be.
Amassing trillions in debt as Obama has managed to do, will be our undoing in the future. Of course, he will be out of office when shat hits the fin.
So, you want your children and grandchildren to do without health care? You want them to have their jobs shipped to China? You want them to drink dirty water? You want them to smother in smog? You want the Government to decide what your female children do with their bodies? You want them buried in taxes? You want the Government to decide who they marry? You want them to be gunned down on our unsafe streets. Maybe you reconsider having children.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768052 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people do desperate things in desperate times that they wouldn't do any other time.
Social Security disability claims skyrocketed during the past four years at the same time jobs are impossible to find. The government has so many backlogged claims, they don't have the manpower or the time to determine if all of them are legitimate.
Most of the 47% who receive some sort of government help can't find a job either.
The rest of us are working our tails off supporting our own families while supporting those who simply can't find a job or gave up looking for one.
The problem is there are no jobs. The rise in part-time employment isn't good news.
Miller wasn't being serious. He was making an observation. If Obama is reelected, the message will be to a lot of people why work if the other half of the country doesn't have to because this president would RATHER them to be on the government dole?
This buck stops at Obama's desk. His policies created this environment.
kind of like the fable, The Ants & The Grasshoppers and in real life Germans & Greeks. Hans gets told to work until age 68 so that Spiro can retire at age 50.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#768053 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit!
All you azzholes act the same.
That's why I treat you all like the same fkn azzhole.
lololol hahahahahah lololol anger anger anger lololol no IP address lololol BIGOT OVER HERE BIGOT OVER RACISTS here
1 post removed

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#768055 Oct 11, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... <ahem> Libya and the video that nobody in the Arab world ever heard of until Obama blamed the attacks that were planned before the video even existed on it. Then, continued to reference this one of a thousand videos in existence until he had incited enough rioting to sack our embassies around that region of the world.
By the way, how about showing us a link to a photo of Al Qaeda's flag flying in our embassy compound. That would be a good indication of what Obama's plan really is... that is if Obama giving Al Qaeda free passage throughout all of Afghanistan wasn't enough.
Here we go again. The video was released in Arabic on an Arabic TV station two days before the rioting.

It was Bush that let Bin Laden escape into Pakistan & it was Romney who said he would no go to Pakistan to get him.

Sounds to me like the Republicans wanted Bin Laden alive so they could keep at war.
carol

Orlando, FL

#768056 Oct 11, 2012
Well, tonight might become the "comedy relief debate" if the VP gets flustered again.

We can only hope...
:)
dems Mom

Concord, CA

#768057 Oct 11, 2012
Son,can you make sure and let the Cat out after you're done Fcking it?
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#768058 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
---------- HYPOCRITE ALERT ----------
Bush/Cheney Republicans borrowed $5 Trillion dollars.
DOUBLED THE NATIONAL DEBT.
Screwwwwwwed you down to your 10th generation grand kids!
Peppy: oh harder Mitt Romney, rip me a new one!
Why is Obama losing?
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#768059 Oct 11, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, isn't that all covered under one card? The Obama Care Card?
LOL
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768060 Oct 11, 2012
Obamasharpton wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the LONG whine; it makes you feel REALLY important.
look at it this way: it gives Lily SOMETHING to do.

when not on Topix six minutes a day, she volunteers in soup kitchens and welcomes underpriveleged children to share her pool.(not)
Peppy

#768061 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
---------- HYPOCRITE ALERT ----------
Bush/Cheney Republicans borrowed $5 Trillion dollars.
DOUBLED THE NATIONAL DEBT.
Screwwwwwwed you down to your 10th generation grand kids!
Peppy: oh harder Mitt Romney, rip me a new one!
In the past both parties have contributed to the looming devastation. I agree. Further, Obama has done nothing to corral the problem. His campaign promise to cut the debt in half ended up as the largest debt increase ever. You can disagree, but I think Romney is a much better choice to pull back the reigns on big government. Perhaps he will fail as Congress is a nearly hopeless crew, but I am willing to give him the chance to try.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#768062 Oct 11, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>KKK member I tell you the DEMOCRATS got BLACKS turned around DOGGYStyle
LIAR! KKK FULL OF RIGHT WINGERS!

by your logic:

Mormonism founded by pedophiles, sex deviants, and weirdos etc......

So Mitt Romney one too?

SEARCH: MITT ROMNEY SERIAL LIAR
fred

Milford, CT

#768063 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How's your Connecticut team doing?
Lol!!
Oh that's right you have a minor league team that gunner treats his adult son to.
Ct's team, the NY Yankees, are doing quite well. duh
1 post removed
Mile

Burnley, UK

#768065 Oct 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glen Doherty, deceased Navy Seal, described his brief meeting with Rmoney as "pathetic and comical". His mother, Barbara Doherty, has demanded that Rmoney stop politicizing his death.
Perhaps you would like to comment on this.

Grandstanding of the worst kind, that's your campaigner, oh sorry commander in chief!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1892816352001/new-...

Romney/Ryan 2012
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#768066 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilfuckface for sure.
Or as is obvious. A close friend of gunner.
Another person that makes it obvious what a fool you are?

Yes, must be.

Who doesn't?

LOL!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768067 Oct 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want your children and grandchildren to do without health care? You want them to have their jobs shipped to China? You want them to drink dirty water? You want them to smother in smog? You want the Government to decide what your female children do with their bodies? You want them buried in taxes? You want the Government to decide who they marry? You want them to be gunned down on our unsafe streets. Maybe you reconsider having children.
i have a lunch meeting, can someone else please answer this dolt's ridiculous post?

thank you, in advance.
Peppy

#768068 Oct 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you got it all wrong, I said I am voting for Romney not Obama.

My children are all grown adults, the decision came and went about 26 years ago.
carol

Orlando, FL

#768069 Oct 11, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you of all people judge someone else's religious beliefs. I'm a liberal and proud of it and an active church member my whole life. Jesus was a liberal Carol and his message was social justice something people like you seem to forget. You've constantly denigrated the poor and the only reason you'd give them a cent is so that you can feel smug and superior to them. You've defended unnecessary war and torture. You've backed a serial adulterer like Newt Gingrich and a sexual harasser and adulterer like Herman Cain and now you're shilling for two of the worst liars ever to run for office; Mendacious Mitt and Lyin' Ryan and you've told your share of lies yourself. By the way Carol, Romney just announced he wouldn't do anything to restrict the availability of abortion. He just threw you and your ilk under the bus. How's the view from under there? I know atheists who are more Christian than you are.
I'm talking about liberal ideology, PDupont. It's you liberals who can't seem to keep religion and ideology separated.

Do you honestly believe Jesus cared anything about politics? Because if that's what you and your church believes, you need to move your membership - pronto.
fred

Milford, CT

#768070 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
Well, tonight might become the "comedy relief debate" if the VP gets flustered again.
We can only hope...
:)
fred bets Biden will fake a stroke if he's getting beaten badly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton relishes role as champion of women 4 min SirPrize 7
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 7 min USA Today 17
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 7 min Prep-for-Dep 446
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Clean up 193,569
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 8 min Responsibility 720
News Draft Biden holds DNC meeting briefings 10 min SirPrize 5
News Kentucky Clerk Who Denied Marriage Licenses for... 10 min Fa-Foxy 22
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min Blitzking 173,429
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Taletha 340,775
News Slain WDBJ reporter's father hits senators 4 hr USA Today 23
More from around the web