Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580602 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#767962 Oct 11, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
consider the possibility that Susan Rice is:
1. completely out of the loop and totally uninformed, and;
2. too stupid to realize that is the case, and;
3. a trained monkey who was trotted out to take the fall for Hussein and Hillary.......
All of the above.

It is insulting how this administration calculates the public to be ignorant to the facts. Making bold face lies without the slightest regret.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767963 Oct 11, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
1. completely out of the loop and totally uninformed, and;
2. too stupid to realize that is the case, and;
3. a trained monkey who was trotted out to take the fall for Hussein and Hillary.......
I'll vote on number 3!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#767964 Oct 11, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Weapons of mass destruction that will destroy our economy are still weapons of mass destruction. Look no further than to the liberals democrats for the oil contracts: Having failed to end the war, the newly Democrat-controlled Congress passed an appropriations bill that would cut off reconstruction funds to Iraq. There is why we are not getting the oil. Guess your libs mantra of Blood for oil worked.
This is EXACTLY what the Democrats did to South Vietnam after the South Vietnamese defeated the single largest communist invasion of the entire war in 1972 without any assistance from US ground combat units, which had been removed from Vietnam in 1971.
The Democrat-controlled congress of 1973 prevented South Vietnam from replacing what it cost them to defend themselves when they defeated the single largest communist invasion of the war without assistance from US ground combat units by cutting off all funding to the government and country of South Vietnam. Additionally, they passed the Case-Church Amendment which prevented any transfer of US supplies and munitions from the US Armed Forces to the South Vietnamese. Thus, in 1975, the communists invaded and conquered a disarmed and defenseless South Vietnam.
Then the Democrats invent the biggest lie in the system of lies they invented about Vietnam to dupe the American population with: "The South Vietnamese wouldn't fight for themselves."

It worked so well with South Vietnam, they are trying to do the exact same thing to Iraq.

Coincidentally, there hasn't been an election in South Vietnam since the Democrats were successful in the sabotage of the United States and South Vietnam.
If the Democrats are successful in their attempt to sabotage Iraq, there won't be an election there again for a very, very long time.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#767965 Oct 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for plant life like you.
Hey, why the insult to plant life?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#767966 Oct 11, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, someone said that they were working for a British contractor__when it comes to US intel the government lies it's azz off, always has.
BTW, overnight a Yemeni security official to the US embassy was murdered. AQ doesn't care much for the CIA eh?
How's medicare? Did you sign up for Part D? If you did, you can save a lot now on your mega doses of Valium, Xanax, and Midol.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#767967 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilfuckface for sure
F**kface for sure.
fred

Milford, CT

#767968 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with George Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld first.
Carter redux...makes ya go hmmmmm

COMPETENCE: Even if Obama thought first — or even only — about reelection, how could he have chosen to lie the way he did about Libya?“By handling the matter the way he did, we have — on top of the damage to the vanquisher of al Qaeda image — a glaring lie and plain evidence of extremely poor judgment.”
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767969 Oct 11, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
not to worry...
Al Qaeda is no longer a factor after Hussein Obama killed bin Laden and then killed other terrorists with drone attacks.....
the world is now safe.....
Must be that majik big stick!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Peppy

#767970 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with George Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld first.
Oh I don't know, we tried that with Clinton and that didn't work out too well.
fred

Milford, CT

#767971 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Carol, things are tense in the office today. Homer is wearing a Joe Biden cheese head hat. He's been spewing nonsense all morning long using his best Joe Biden impression. I think he is getting amped up for tonight's debate. Good thing the only link from me to Homer is the webcam setup.
Unfortunately I am going to miss the goat sacrifice (Joe being the goat) tonight. I will be in the air.
Michelle Sacrificial lamb committed hari kari yesterday.

Old goat Joe tonight

The lizard right after the election
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767972 Oct 11, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people here know this, they also see the current situation with blacks voting Democrat. My question is whether the blame rests with years of unscrupulous Democrat coercion or a character flaw that seduces blacks into poverty with the promise of a free, though minimal, existence? Maybe it's a combination of the two but one thing is certain, eliminate the drugs and you eliminate the addiction.
Why would anyone vote Republican? Unless you're a white billionaire, there's nothing there, unless you're a religious zealot, anti abortion, but, Mitt just said he is pro choice, always has been, so that's out the window. Against teachers? Mitt said he is "for" teachers now. Against the 47% percent that you call welfare moochers? Mitt said he's for the 100% now, so that's out...
What's left? Will he eliminate social security and privatize it? Eliminate medicare? The ACA? Pell grants, and student loans? The EPA, VA benefits, child labor laws?
The only thing he hasn't changed yet is the $2.1 trillion in defense spending and attaching it to GDP.
1 post removed
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767974 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the above.
It is insulting how this administration calculates the public to be ignorant to the facts. Making bold face lies without the slightest regret.
I found not even taking a day OFF the campaign trail, just out of respect for the families of, as well as this nation-rather repulsive as well.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767975 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney: I will close PBS.
WOW!
PBS is loved by all! Republicans mostly! Their co.s sponsor a lot of shows: even Koch bros.!
PBS BUDGET FROM FED GOV:$1 PER YEAR, PER CITIZEN!
That is a right winger tear drop in the ocean!
That was Mitt Romney's ONLY IDEA MENTIONED!
ALL DEBATE: ONE IDEA TO SAVE MONEY!$1.
Can you say backfire?
The Internet and social media is alive:
"I am now voting for President Obama."
"I will be dammed if this megalomaniac MITT ROMNEY Multi hundred millionaire is going to kill one of the best things in the USA!" PBS!
ALL SIDES AGREE!
MITT: go back to Utah, New Hampshire, Mass, California, Michigan, the Cayman's, Switzerland or where ever you claim to "be from" this week.
Search: Mitt Romney serial liar
And he voted in the Mass. State Senate election while he was a resident of N.H, so that makes him a FELON too, though for some reason he hasn't yet been charged yet. Do we really want a FELON in the White House? I think not.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#767976 Oct 11, 2012
Blacks Rethink Democratic Party
By: Barbara Howard
For over a decade now, many minds — both great and small — have pondered over what would make a reasonable black person join the Republican Party.
Especially since it is the Democratic Party that has spawned almost 9,600 black elected officials since 1970, according to a study published by David A. Bositis of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies.
The Democratic Party has revised history to show that Democrats, and not Republicans, have been in the forefront of civil rights for blacks over the years.
So who in their right mind would want to join a party with the reputation of being racist?
For years now, the racist label has been attached to white Republicans without any supporting evidence. Yet the charge has gone mostly unanswered. Few have publicly addressed the unearned condemnation, so generations of black folk live and die without ever knowing the truth.
There is an African proverb that says,“Until the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt will always glorify the hunter”.
I remember wondering why those brave men and women who were in the middle of the struggle with Dr. King, failed to disclose that it was the very party they now pay homage to that promoted slavery, lynching and killing hundreds of thousands of slaves.
It is the same party that created the segregationist Jim Crow Laws, beating and killing numerous civil rights workers who fought against those laws and for their dignity and freedom in a nonviolent revolution.
Why are they silent today when even the most astute black person thinks it was the FBI under a Republican administration instead of Democrat J. Edgar Hoover under Democratic Attorney General Robert Kennedy during the Democratic administration of John F. Kennedy that tapped Dr. King’s phones and had him (and them) under constant surveillance, defining them as communists?
A black minister once said to me that he hated the Republican Party because it had never done anything for black folk during his lifetime of over 50 years. Why would he think that?
Because the Democratic PR machine tells him so and because those civil rights heroes remain mute when blacks attribute such initiatives as affirmative action to Democrats instead of to Republicans.
They are not told that black Republican pioneer Dr. Arthur Fletcher is known as the father of affirmative action, serving as secretary of labor under President Richard Nixon and heading the U.S. Civil Rights Commission under President George H.W. Bush.
While 95 percent of blacks will vote for any Democratic candidate for president (or for any other office for that matter), they have no problem hurling demeaning insults at blacks who vote for Republicans, even when the Republican is black.
1 post removed
Peppy

#767978 Oct 11, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, why the insult to plant life?
Hey Gunner, cheers to you. You going to watch the debate tonight? I predict Joe Biden is going to lose it. He will letting out a Howard Dean type howl before the night is over.
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#767979 Oct 11, 2012
Intelligence agency pressured researchers to withhold info on spread of Fukushima radiation

http://enenews.com/intelligence-agency-pressu...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#767980 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot you are.
GDP is up.
Total debt % of higher GDP is down.
Republicans tout this figure all the time.
President Obama fixed the economy by this measure.
YOU <------ Misinformed dipppppppschitttttt!
Search: Mitt Romney serial liar
Up from what, nitwit?
1 post removed
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767982 Oct 11, 2012
Obamasharpton wrote:
<quoted text> But evidently the Canadian did...he's free of you. LOL
That's what I was thinking too.

Geez (it's no wonder eh!!!)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767983 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I don't know, we tried that with Clinton and that didn't work out too well.
What are you buying in DR?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767984 Oct 11, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
....3. a trained monkey who was trotted out to take the fall for Hussein and Hillary.......

Once again your racist comments simply emphasize the fact that you are an ignorant, backwoods redneck. Aren't you late for your KKK meeting or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min russianrepukes 286,755
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min ffj 25,432
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 1 min Katrina 1,243
News A Celebration in the Streets, Then Screams 6 min FormerParatrooper 335
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 8 min Katrina 27
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min cpeter1313 316,308
News Obama's response to Charlottesville becomes mos... 22 min Go Trump 64
More from around the web