Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459051 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767492 Oct 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Off the cuff, boca rat on would be in deep doodoo then, if just an American citizen...because (and this would need a fact check, just going on some discussion with a parent of some one who was married to a Canadian) the system does NOT pay for any other than natural born Canadians....anyone else has to pay. Period.
(cool immigration built in budget control there now huh!)
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
I was married to a Canadian and was completely covered as a landed immigrant. You know nothing.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767493 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a flat rate, family or single. I think a family pays $200 a month. Here's an interesting and informative article; written by a rightwing republican who moved to Canada:
How I Lost My Fear of Universal Health Care
When I moved to Canada in 2008, I was a die-hard conservative Republican. So when I found out that we were going to be covered by Canada's Universal Health Care, I was somewhat disgusted. This meant we couldn't choose our own health coverage, or even opt out if we wanted too. It also meant that abortion was covered by our taxes, something I had always believed was horrible. I believed based on my politics that government mandated health care was a violation of my freedom.
I started to wonder why I had been so opposed to government mandated Universal Health care. Here in Canada, everyone was covered. If they worked full-time, if they worked part-time, or if they were homeless and lived on the street, they were all entitled to the same level of care if they had a medical need. People actually went in for routine check-ups and caught many of their illnesses early, before they were too advanced to treat. People were free to quit a job they hated, or even start their own business without fear of losing their medical coverage. In fact, the only real complaint I heard about the universal health care from the Canadians themselves, was that sometimes there could be a wait time before a particular medical service could be provided. But even that didn't seem to be that bad to me, in the States most people had to wait for medical care, or even be denied based on their coverage. The only people guaranteed immediate and full service in the USA, were those with the best (and most expensive) health coverage or wads of cash they could blow. In Canada, the wait times were usually short, and applied to everyone regardless of wealth. If you were discontent with the wait time (and had the money to cover it) you could always travel out of the country to someplace where you could demand a particular service for a price. Personally, I never experienced excessive wait times, I was accepted for maternity care within a few days or weeks, I was able to find a family care provider nearby easily and quickly, and when a child needed to be brought in for a health concern I was always able to get an appointment within that week.
http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/07...
you're smoking crack...or drunk...

the cost of family coverage is in the range of $15K per year....

a married couple on Medicare pays more than $200 per month....for only 80% coverage.....

so tell us how the taxpayer can afford a single-payer government system....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767494 Oct 10, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
I did well for myself. I never ask my parents for a dime. My mother never got disability checks. Tell me, how do you manage with all those kids, with no child support? Wow! No wonder you want Obama to win so damn bady. You can stay home, with your legs up in the air, have more kids, and live off Obama Care ..your welfare to not work plan.
Fantasies? I am married.
Oh, don't forget to apply for your Obama Care Gas Card, if Obama should win.
You did well for yourself as a physicist? If you're married, what's with all the homoerotic fantasies about men? Are you in the closet?
My children are adults, one still in college. I've never even collected unemployment in my entire life.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767495 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a flat rate, family or single. I think a family pays $200 a month. Here's an interesting and informative article; written by a rightwing republican who moved to Canada:
How I Lost My Fear of Universal Health Care
When I moved to Canada in 2008, I was a die-hard conservative Republican. So when I found out that we were going to be covered by Canada's Universal Health Care, I was somewhat disgusted. This meant we couldn't choose our own health coverage, or even opt out if we wanted too. It also meant that abortion was covered by our taxes, something I had always believed was horrible. I believed based on my politics that government mandated health care was a violation of my freedom.
I started to wonder why I had been so opposed to government mandated Universal Health care. Here in Canada, everyone was covered. If they worked full-time, if they worked part-time, or if they were homeless and lived on the street, they were all entitled to the same level of care if they had a medical need. People actually went in for routine check-ups and caught many of their illnesses early, before they were too advanced to treat. People were free to quit a job they hated, or even start their own business without fear of losing their medical coverage. In fact, the only real complaint I heard about the universal health care from the Canadians themselves, was that sometimes there could be a wait time before a particular medical service could be provided. But even that didn't seem to be that bad to me, in the States most people had to wait for medical care, or even be denied based on their coverage. The only people guaranteed immediate and full service in the USA, were those with the best (and most expensive) health coverage or wads of cash they could blow. In Canada, the wait times were usually short, and applied to everyone regardless of wealth. If you were discontent with the wait time (and had the money to cover it) you could always travel out of the country to someplace where you could demand a particular service for a price. Personally, I never experienced excessive wait times, I was accepted for maternity care within a few days or weeks, I was able to find a family care provider nearby easily and quickly, and when a child needed to be brought in for a health concern I was always able to get an appointment within that week.
http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/07...
by the way, waiting up to a week for a child with a "health concern" is totally unacceptable.....
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767496 Oct 10, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
CJ,speaking from experience,this is way over the intellectual
pay grade on here..they have no idea what it entails,they like
sexual,chatter more,high school/college type crap etc....and
love cursing each other out,cyber warriors etc...
I looked-the page smelled bad-and bellowed commie-cooties all over it.

Ewe.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767497 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was married to a Canadian and was completely covered as a landed immigrant. You know nothing.
So you lived in Canada, then came to FL to live after your divorce?
Everyone lands somewhere, hun. It is if they landed legal or not.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767498 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was married to a Canadian and was completely covered as a landed immigrant. You know nothing.
Tell that to the girls father, who was telling me (just three months ago) what a hard time his daughter (who lost her husband) was having --because she was NOT a Canadian citizen and therefore, was having to work, just to PAY for everything. LunaTIC.

You ight want get a REAL clue -loser.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#767499 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> More slurs from the right whiners.
That's not a slur, Little Dave. It's a neighborhood dog having sex in your ear.

Racism fits you well. Woof!
1 post removed

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#767501 Oct 10, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEREAS, YOU MOUTH AN IMMOVABLE OBJECT INTO WHICH WE POUR SPERMS. IT ONLY CAUSE IT ALWAYS OPEN WE ABLE TO DO THIS.
Each time the wind moves, your brain becomes a wind chime and you dance to the music..
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767502 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
you're smoking crack...or drunk...
the cost of family coverage is in the range of $15K per year....
a married couple on Medicare pays more than $200 per month....for only 80% coverage.....
so tell us how the taxpayer can afford a single-payer government system....
Kind of like some of our seniors here, eh Nobama?

(You have that figure prettttty darn close to near exactly right!!!! CO-PAYS on everything-ranging in proces according to services rendered-NOT included of course)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012-a choice for those with a brain and a clue anyway!
EXPERIENCE!!
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767503 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You did well for yourself as a physicist? If you're married, what's with all the homoerotic fantasies about men? Are you in the closet?
My children are adults, one still in college. I've never even collected unemployment in my entire life.
Me either.

Am I in the closet? No, never did it in the closet. LOL

Oh, you mean do I like the same sex?

I don't know, never went there.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767504 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney will probably show up with a Big Bird costume on
Hussein Obama didn't have a bad night in the first debate....that's all he has...and Romney will mop the floor with him over the Libyan conspiracy....
dem

La Mesa, CA

#767505 Oct 10, 2012
So Lily, I heard that you think your Dck is bigger than mine,what gives?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767506 Oct 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are inane, base, pointless and unappealing. Those who agree with you are just as inane, base and pointless.
I would think some liberals would be embarrassed by you.
Unless, of course, you're the best representative they have.
Scary thought there now huh?

(There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#767507 Oct 10, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you read here often?
All right wingers have are LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES and more LIE LIES LIES LIES.......
AS PRACTICED BY MITT ROMNEY!
YOUR LEADER!
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
15% of electoral votes?
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
how can the liar get any?
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
dumbffffcks like YOU!
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
The volume of your post is betrayed by the absence of anything intelligible inside of it. It's the same as a Big Mouth with Little to say.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767508 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one guarantee anything.
That is my point.
Les talk about Medicare since that was the tax you were taking about.
Mitt will hand you x amount of money. You then have to buy a policy.
Promise that this voucher will always be enough money to buy that care.
it will purchase the amount of coverage that the Medicare fund can provide....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767509 Oct 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the girls father, who was telling me (just three months ago) what a hard time his daughter (who lost her husband) was having --because she was NOT a Canadian citizen and therefore, was having to work, just to PAY for everything. LunaTIC.
You ight want get a REAL clue -loser.
You don't have to be a citizen to receive healthcare in Canada, you are misinformed. If she was married to a Canadian and a landed immigrant then she is covered. I lived there for 12 years as a landed immigrant and my children were born there.
carol

Orlando, FL

#767510 Oct 10, 2012
WHAT DID OBAMA KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?

Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, head of the security team that was withdrawn from Libya before the attacks, is about to testify before Congress that the State Department actually grew annoyed at continued requests for extra protection from American diplomats, and told them to knock it off.”The requests were being modified to say,‘Don’t even ask for DoD support,’” he told CBS News.

According to the CBS report, Wood said he witnessed “a visible security drawdown while he was in Libya,” under pressure from “the higher headquarters at the State Department.”

The American people need to know why, and now, not at the post-election convenience of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

ABC News reports that the State Department has officially dropped all pretense of the “spontaneous video protest” cover story.

Barack Obama knew this. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice knew this. They lied to your face, repeatedly, for political reasons, and they must be held accountable. The State Department is obviously abandoning its fictions in the face of those congressional hearings. This is an absolute disgrace.

...an absolute disgrace, indeed...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#767511 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was married to a Canadian and was completely covered as a landed immigrant. You know nothing.
While the health care system in Canada covers basic services, including primary care physicians and hospitals, there are many services that are not covered. These include things like dental services, optometrists, and prescription medications.

Private health insurance plans are usually offered as part of employee benefit packages in many companies. Incentives usually include vision and dental care. Alternatively, Canadians can purchase insurance packages from private insurance providers.

The main reason many choose to purchase private insurance is to supplement primary health coverage. For those requiring services that may not be covered under provincial health insurance such as corrective lenses, medications, or home care, a private insurance plan offsets such medical expenses.

he advantage of private clinics is that they typically offer services with reduced wait times compared to the public health care system. For example, obtaining an MRI scan in a hospital could require a waiting period of months,

The availability of physicians depends largely on the number of doctors and the current demand for medical services. Currently there is about 1 primary care doctor for every 1000 Canadians.

----------

SALES TAXING 'EM ALL...NO Exceptions!

Duhmazz.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767512 Oct 10, 2012
dem wrote:
So Lily, I heard that you think your Dck is bigger than mine,what gives?
Are you telling me Lily is a she/he? or is it a he/she? OMG!!

Reminds me of the song Lola

WHEW! That was close. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Chimney1 216,776
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 28 min Brian_G 14,773
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Dr Guru 231,096
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 58 min DR X 206
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 59 min Susanm 312,738
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 8
News Inauguration to draw those ready to celebrate, ... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 24
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 62
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 404,050
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr TRUMP WINNERS 253,360
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr Haereldes 286
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 4 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,092
More from around the web