Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262687 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#766665 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it totally amazing how phoney Romney is yet the far right just keeps believing it.
Romney goes from being thrilled to sign legislation that would ban all abortions yet says he will do nothing on abortion legislation.
compared to the American version of Hugo Chavez, the choice is obvious......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#766666 Oct 10, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I laughed when I heard the liberals saying this yesterday--now Romney isn't rich enough to be President? Do you libs listen to your stupidity???
The only reason O'bama has any money at all is because Moochelle asked William Ayers to write his first book. ROTFLMAO.
O'bama--you didn't write that!
Ayers?

You and that idiot at NRO. Talk about laughable.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#766667 Oct 10, 2012
killtaker wrote:
Every state is in play...
missouri...
Sen McCaskill DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...
"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.(AP)- Businesses affiliated with the husband of Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill received almost $40 million in federal subsidies for low-income housing developments during her first five years in office..."
http://www.abc3340.com/story/19775138/feds-pa...
So, none of Mitt Romney's friends would benefit from his tax cuts.

None of Mitt Romney's friends benefited from TARP.

None of Romney's friends would benefit from his eliminating the tax on foreign profits.

Unless those people did something illegal, got something they weren't qualified for, the it doesn't matter.

What does matter is Todd Akin is a women hating, legitimate Rape idiot who thinks raped women can't get pregnant.

He just called every woman who was impregnated by a rapist a lying slut.

All you phone right whiners denounced hos statement but now rush in to fund his campaign.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#766668 Oct 10, 2012
TSM wrote:
Obama campaigning on reelect me and I’ll save Big Bird…What A Joke!!
the O'bama campaign’s “Big Bird” commercial is so bad that it will actually hurt President Barack Obama in November.

I HOPE O'BAMA RUNS THE BIG BIRD COMMERCIAL UNTIL THE END OF TIME!!!!!!!

Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#766669 Oct 10, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t waste time watching Fox for factual news, but to keep abreast of what it wants its faithful followers to believe.
I certainly don’t wonder if Romney colors his hair.
good move for a White House hooked on Oprah wigs.....

Newville, PA

#766670 Oct 10, 2012
killtaker wrote:
Pres OBama, evil rich, make them pay more, and new book says they are...
"PICKET: New book shows U.S. top earners pay larger share of taxes than any other industrialized nation"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
You are just too stupid to know that this does not mean they are paying a higher rate but rather they are getting richer while the rest get poorer.

The rich get richer & the middle class shrinks.

The Republican way
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#766671 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's a flipflopper, ultimate panderer, should be fun if he wins.
not if, but when.....

Homer's confidence slipping???...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#766672 Oct 10, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Hussein Obama II, has a net worth between $2,801,012 and $11,830,000, according to analysis of his 2012 financial disclosure forms. Excluding his primary home. His Chicago home is worth (allowing for depressed housing market) about 1.5 million.
Mitt worked hard and earned his money. Where did Obama get his?
Distractions become compulsory in MSNBCbot land.
MSNBCbot land?

So why does FOX feel the need to tell us that the Bird is richer than Romney?

Distraction. You know, how stupid was it to go after a children's tv character.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#766673 Oct 10, 2012
Obamasharpton wrote:
<quoted text> The president wasn't creative enough to do that, so Obama just ran with it and made a fool of himself again. LOL
He didn't want Mr. Romney to explain AGAIN to him the concept of what it means to borrow 40 cents out of every dollar you spend and how to evaluate expenditures to stop it. He knew a lot of people were watching that debate; some of them would make up their minds by the concepts brought out. He just didn't want it shown again how incompetent he has been with other people's money to those viewers. Better to wait and distort it to his base, where he will be ooh'd and aaah'd like he has said something profound.

Prevented this

#766674 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the rest of the crew was trying to tell Donny that he was making a fool of himself and the program....kind of like the Obama Big Bird commercial...
I want to make an appeal to O'bama's people in Chicago: Run this ad every night over and over again, Spend all of your money and time on this. This is an ad that is trivial. It diminishes the presidency. It assumes, of course, that everybody wants to subsidize a company that, as we now know is [one] third of a billion-dollar enterprise. Big Bird himself is a 1%er--he makes over 300 thousand a year. Big Bird will be boycotted. Way to go O'bama.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#766675 Oct 10, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Mitt Romney takes a position on tax policy, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on Iran, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on health care, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on his own immigration adviser, then his staff says something else.
This new one, however, is a doozy, even by Romney standards.
Mitt Romney today said no abortion legislation is part of his agenda, but he would prohibit federally-funded international nonprofits from providing abortions in other countries.
"There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda," the GOP presidential candidate told The Des Moines Register's editorial board during a meeting today before his campaign rally at a Van Meter farm.
It took all of two hours before Romney's chief spokesperson said the exact opposite, explaining, "Gov. Romney would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life." Asked whether the candidate's position on abortion legislation had changed, Romney's spokesperson would "not answer directly."
It now appears that Romney has taken nine different positions on abortion rights over the course of 18 years.
What are we to make of a candidate who keeps trying to appear mainstream, only to have his aides change the story a couple of hours later?
He is incredible! What will he say today? What is he doing in this photo? Is this his position on public education?

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#766676 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ryan will lie like Romney, Joe will come up with some unforgettable off the cuff quips. Bottom line: Joe will tell the truth, Ryan will lie.
If it turns into a Fox News matchup like the last debate, Joe can shout it out with the best of em, he won't follow the rules of the debate and bite his tongue like the president did.
Bite his tongue? LOL... he swallowed his tongue!! That's what happens when his brilliance comes across a teleprompter, that's what happens when affirmative action extends to the White House. That's what happens when presidential standards are relaxed and expectations are lowered because of skin color. Obama was a deer in the headlights and I'll tell you something, it's going to happen again.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#766677 Oct 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good considering the president doesn't write legislation.
I suggest you read the entire article before posting.
Is OldRaider this Topix thread's substitute village idiot while Grey Ghost is in transit?
1 post removed

Prevented this

#766679 Oct 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayers?
You and that idiot at NRO. Talk about laughable.
Ayers wrote O'bama's first book. I heard him say it in person. He said the second book was written by a political hack.

Ocala, FL

#766680 Oct 10, 2012
Buck Ofama - Buck Fiden wrote:
There gonna put Big Bird in chains!!!
Sorry...your dialect is a bit off. It's actually "They gon".

Newville, PA

#766681 Oct 10, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t. At what point in the debate did you run out of your room crying? Romney was very specific about what he'd do and why. Obama, on the other hand, saw himself as "eye-candy" believing his mere presents would carry the day. Today, he admitted that as he left the stage, he thought he'd won the debate - clueless. What a narcissistic dandy.
Really.

Name the deductions & loopholes he will eliminate to balance out his 5 trillion tax cut?

Name the programs he will cut. Other than PBS
1 post removed

Ocala, FL

#766683 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
compared to the American version of Hugo Chavez, the choice is obvious......
Had to choke when Chavez "endorsed" obama. Says it all, doesn't it?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#766684 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
not if, but when.....
Homer's confidence slipping???...
Homer is used to pissing his vote away on firm defined promises of Hope and Change.

Prevented this

#766685 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He is incredible! What will he say today? What is he doing in this photo? Is this his position on public education?
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads...
They had to photo shop the girl in there-originally it was Larry.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/8056...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#766686 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney called the ObmaAgfghanostan surge asuccess.
Now what?
But hey, I laugh my ass off every time you right Whiners complain about Afghanistan.
A war that should have ended long before Obama took office but it was far from over.
It was far from over because George Bush declared Bin Laden irrelevant & abandoned our troops in Afghanistan to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9-11 or terrorism, Iraq.
Obl is dead and obama has been president for 4 years and we are still there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood chief apologizes after video 1 min goonsquad 304
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min red and right 336,324
Time to go? 1 min Kato 2,316
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Le Duped 189,820
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... 1 min hal 13
News Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of ... 1 min Le Duped 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 min litesong 34,399
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 1 min Jaimie 445
News Media Buzz: Why the Trump spousal 'rape' story ... 1 min Mite Be 15
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 1 min Silent Echo 610
More from around the web