Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433808 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756438 Sep 29, 2012
Billy La Pratt wrote:
Gay Activists Demand Canada Lower Age of Consent for Anal Sex
legalized pedophilia, the goal of most homosexuals....
carol

Orlando, FL

#756439 Sep 29, 2012
Real Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, it means you've proved my points. Now I'll just make fun of you.
LOL!
PS: Why is it that Ryan was booed repeatedly when he tried to talk to AARP?
The AARP is a liberal ruse.

Here. This will keep you busy for a while.

All you Need to Know about Government Bureaucracy:

Pythagorean theorem: 24 words.

Lord's prayer: 66 words.

Archimedes' Principle: 67 words.

10 Commandments: 179 words.

Gettysburg address: 286 words.

Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words.

US Constitution with 27 Amendments: 7,818 words.

US Government regulations on sale of cabbage: 26,911 words.

Puts things into proper perspective, doesn't it?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756440 Sep 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He was probably just as pissed off as you were that McCain won. As I recall, that's when you turned your back on your party.
At least that's what you said initially. The story has changed since then.
don't be naive....the boy is a lifetime leftwinger spinning a mountain of BS......
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#756441 Sep 29, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that post.:-)
The post with the link where you could go read this?

The allegations lodged against Sproul's company are similar to the ones ACORN faced in 2008; workers submitted voter registration forms that contained dubious information. In `08, that was enough to light a short fuse on Fox News and within the right-wing media, as players rushed in to condemn the independent ACORN group as a corrupt and a criminal extension of the Obama campaign.(In 2009, a majority of Republicans believed ACORN had stolen the election for Obama.)

Note that in the unfolding Florida story, the firm in question was paid directly by the Republican Party and is accused of ACORN-like activities. But on Fox News, it's crickets.

In fact this morning, Brian Kilmeade hosted a Fox & Friends panel discussion about voter fraud. In 2008, the allegation that ACORN submitted questionable registration forms was routinely referred to and condemned as "voter fraud" on Fox.(To this day, Fox treats misaddressed voter registration forms as "fraud.") But this morning, Kilmeade and his guests made no mention of the fact that the Republican Party was just forced to fire a consulting firm for submitting potentially bogus voter registration forms; forms being reviewed by local law enforcement.

At Fox News, the hotbed for "voter fraud" stories, the embarrassing news from Florida is of little concern.

link.....

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/09/28/why-i...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#756442 Sep 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The deficit increased under Reagan having to salvage Carter's miserable economy and recession, and there was also a Cold War going on.
Of course, the Democrats controlled the House the entire 8 years of Reagan's administration and controlled both the House and the Senate from 1987 to 1989.
Sounds to me like there's enough blame to go around. Don't both the House and Senate have to vote for debt ceiling increases?
And why did every prominent Democrat including Senator Obama speak out against raising the debt ceiling under Bush but think it's perfectly okay to do it now under this administration?
This is what I love about Carol.

Its always that &%$#@% Obama's fault.

Reagan gets a pass to tripling the debt because it was all Carter's fault & he had a cold war.

I have news, the Bush recession was far far worse that the Carter recession & two active wars are much worse than the cold war.

Caro, I lookedup hypocrite b the dictionary & it had you
1 post removed
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756444 Sep 29, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>what are you talking about ?? They do have Negroes muslims Jews and other none whites
very few...and since when are most Jewish people (or Muslims for that matter) "non-white"....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#756445 Sep 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He was probably just as pissed off as you were that McCain won. As I recall, that's when you turned your back on your party.
At least that's what you said initially. The story has changed since then.
As a split ticket voter I vote for far more R's than D's Carol.

Rightwingers have always disgusted me, and this election like the 08 elections has brought out the racists, birthers, conspiracy freaks and all around aholes found on this thread and others around the web.

What I actually said was that learning that my party had selected McCain over Romney felt like getting kicked in the nuts. The, at the time 62 year old Romney was far more energetic and had way less baggage (opinion pieces) then and of course no one had yet pressed him on his finances taxes etc.
1 post removed
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756447 Sep 29, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
They are tiny minority just like here but they do have none whites
blacks are hardly a "tiny minority" in the US, and they commit crimes far out of proportion to their numbers....and drag down the US in virtually every statistical category....except basketball....
1 post removed
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#756449 Sep 29, 2012
Jon Stewart Blasts Fox News, GOP For Over-Hyping Voter Fraud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/09/jon-...

uhhhhh.....Jon....

Potential voter registration fraud in Florida: GOP’s own 'ACORN' scandal?

The Republican Party fired a voter registration contractor this week after the firm turned in illegible, incorrect, and falsified voter registration forms to Florida election officials.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2012/0...

So when do you think they'll start over-hyping their own non-imaginary fraud?

[crickets]

[FOX crickets]
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#756450 Sep 29, 2012
The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction:“Owning the Weather” for Military Use

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ultimate-wea...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#756451 Sep 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
legalized pedophilia, the goal of most homosexuals....
I guess they should all move to Maricopa County.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#756452 Sep 29, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Los Angeles Times:
"In fact, the law brings more money into the Medicare Hospital Insurance trust fund -- an estimated $318 billion over 10 years -- by hitting upper-income households with a 0.9% payroll-tax surcharge and a 3.8% tax on investment income. As someone with an intimate knowledge of the federal budget and the way money flows in and out of the Treasury, Ryan knows this. But he's hardly the first pol to let the facts get in the way of a good applause line."
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/21/news/...
Come on Ben, you are increasing taxes?'Tax the Rich' they can afford it? Let's take 4.7% more of your Oakland Raider, National Football League pension?? Gee Whiz, nobody wants to pay more in tax? You shouldn't be required to so. But neither should a "rich person", or anyone else, for that matter??
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#756453 Sep 29, 2012
Real Person wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when republicans were intelligent and savvy. Today they are all stupid and dumb, so dumb they think lying will convince others of anything.
They are the laughing stock of America today. That is the worldwide view.
Oh yeah. I think people wanted to believe that a party funded by the richest in the world....espousing values and "better than thou" ethos would indeed "fix the nation."

Then along came Bush/ Cheney!!

8 years of GOP rule!

They handed $50 billion dollars to each billionaire! During wartime with the Bush tax cuts!

Oh golly!

The trickle down from that surely left the people warm and fuzzy?

No?

Oh yeah!

After that giant ripoff of the treasury this GOP duo presided over the near total collapse of the United States! Fiscally and financially speaking.

The businessman party?

Here is a group of dumbfffcks that think handing one GOP Ceo $400 million for one years work, while his oil company collects billions in government welfare is just peachy!

Their answer today: layoff police and firefighters! Cut pay for teachers! But don't dare raise a billionaires income tax by 3% to pay down some GOP debt.

They are laughable!

GOP. <------ YOU LOSE FOR LONG TIME NOW!
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756454 Sep 29, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Los Angeles Times:
"In fact, the law brings more money into the Medicare Hospital Insurance trust fund -- an estimated $318 billion over 10 years -- by hitting upper-income households with a 0.9% payroll-tax surcharge and a 3.8% tax on investment income. As someone with an intimate knowledge of the federal budget and the way money flows in and out of the Treasury, Ryan knows this. But he's hardly the first pol to let the facts get in the way of a good applause line."
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/21/news/...
the higher an economic activity is taxed, the less that activity occurs......your argument makes the classic mistake of assuming that economic behavior will be unchanged.....

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#756455 Sep 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The AARP is a liberal ruse.
Here. This will keep you busy for a while.
All you Need to Know about Government Bureaucracy:
Pythagorean theorem: 24 words.
Lord's prayer: 66 words.
Archimedes' Principle: 67 words.
10 Commandments: 179 words.
Gettysburg address: 286 words.
Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words.
US Constitution with 27 Amendments: 7,818 words.
US Government regulations on sale of cabbage: 26,911 words.
Puts things into proper perspective, doesn't it?
AARP is for Seniors.

That is why they backed the healthcare reform bill.
That is why they backed Bush's medicare part D
That is why they are against vouchers for medicare
That is why they are against privatizing SS.

If Republicans want AARP support, do something that benefits seniors.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756456 Sep 29, 2012
Real Person wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when democrats were intelligent and savvy. Today they are all stupid and dumb, so dumb they think lying will convince others of anything.
They are the laughing stock of America today. That is the worldwide view.
OK....

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#756457 Sep 29, 2012
REAL Person,
"FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie much?
Your statement has been debunked by all as a lie.
Republicans voted AGAINST MEDICARE AND SOCIAL SECURITY!
They voted no.
Democrats created them and have protected them all these years.
Carol <-------- Total dumbfffck!
Lies all day!
ACA best law ever passed in US history!
Republicans all voted no?
On the wrong side of the people and history!
Then these right wing dumbfffcks pick Mitt?
Waste billions on that POS!!!
Donate the billions! Bring respect to your party.....America about to flush you tires right down the drain, again! LOL!

There was a time when republicans were intelligent and savvy. Today they are all stupid and dumb, so dumb they think lying will convince others of anything.

They are the laughing stock of America today. That is the worldwide view. " Real Person, The Republican Establishment are desperate people these days-- they're besieged from within their own party by Teapublicans and states rights racist extremists which is losing them moderate independents to Obama in droves and destroying the GOP for years to come.
Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#756458 Sep 29, 2012
there is presently no better choice. There are only two candidates: less evil: Obama and complete evil and disaster: Romney.
1 post removed
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756460 Sep 29, 2012
Real Person wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you two a tag team or something?
You always show up together and all either of you offer are retarded ramblings.
Curious.
no...Fred is strongly pro-life....but Nobama favors the government sponsorship of Planned Parenthood's campaign of black genocide....

are you pro-black genocide or pro-life???...
1 post removed
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#756462 Sep 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As a split ticket voter I vote for far more R's than D's Carol.
Rightwingers have always disgusted me, and this election like the 08 elections has brought out the racists, birthers, conspiracy freaks and all around aholes found on this thread and others around the web.
What I actually said was that learning that my party had selected McCain over Romney felt like getting kicked in the nuts. The, at the time 62 year old Romney was far more energetic and had way less baggage (opinion pieces) then and of course no one had yet pressed him on his finances taxes etc.
name the last Republican you voted for.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vice President Joe Biden talks 'It's On Us' on ... 2 min Le Jimbo 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Blitzking 210,040
News California shooting shows police ill-equipped t... 2 min Le Jimbo 23
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Brian_G 396,010
News News Trump on unarmed Clinton guards: 'Let's se... 7 min Chilli J 816
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 7 min Synque 322
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 min Buck Crick 282
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Brian_G 10,573
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min HILLARY 2016 244,295
News The Latest: Trump says he saved Machado's job 40 min Mite Be 41
More from around the web