Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275925 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nobama

Allentown, PA

#746244 Sep 19, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that GM is re-volting.
my hatred of the Volt is in part because the taxpayer gets ripped off for a huge subsidy to persuade people to buy the junk....
carol

Windermere, FL

#746245 Sep 19, 2012
Everyone please forgive my causing any confusion by posting two separate things into one post from two separate websites without reposting both of them again - which I had done earlier.

So just to clarify:

The Washington Times' website about Obama's then and now comparisions in Florida and Virgina was dated September 2011. Again, my bad.

HOWEVER...and this is especially for Homer...

A Gallup website dated September 19, 2012, does report nationwide Obama leads Romney by only 1%.

So that part was recent and accurate.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/obama-romne...

Everything clear now? We all good?
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#746246 Sep 19, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch any of the following for Obama humour, there isn't too much, but RobMe? this man is a comedy treasure!
He dominates COMEDY and sadly for the Mittster, his own words are the main ingredient!
Jon Stewart
Steven Colbert
Jay Leno
Jimmy Fallon
Kathy Griffin
David Letterman
ABC News
CBS News'
NBC News
AP News
Reuters news
Al-Jazzera
BBC
CNN
MSNBC
Joy Behar
Too many magazines, other media to list.
The real fun begins the day after Obama's defeat. Too funny for words will be the fun of watching them stumble around trying to explain how they blew it so badly. Ihave the answer now, THEY ARE ALL LIB MORONS!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#746247 Sep 19, 2012
Can we all drop this "anti-islam" movie crap now?

"The Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was in fact "a terrorist attack" and the U.S. government has indications that members of al Qaeda were directly involved, a top Obama administration official said Wednesday morning.

"I would say yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy," Matt Olsen, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center, said Wednesday at a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security Committee"

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#746248 Sep 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
many foreign labels are not only assembled in the US, but have a higher US parts content than many US labels....in addition, the non-union work force is far superior to the Detroit drug addicts....
but the main reason for buying foreign is quality.....
Detroit's long history of bad products has killed their reputation....
Got a few links for that tripe, Loser? BTW, you didn't believe Clint's Detroit is back, but thought his wooden monologue with an empty chair hysterical?
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#746249 Sep 19, 2012
carol wrote:
Everyone please forgive my causing any confusion by posting two separate things into one post from two separate websites without reposting both of them again - which I had done earlier.
So just to clarify:
The Washington Times' website about Obama's then and now comparisions in Florida and Virgina was dated September 2011. Again, my bad.
HOWEVER...and this is especially for Homer...
A Gallup website dated September 19, 2012, does report nationwide Obama leads Romney by only 1%.
So that part was recent and accurate.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/obama-romne...
Everything clear now? We all good?
Romney's lead is actually close to 10% but there is no sense stirring up Obama's slugs right now.
CunningLinguist

Eustis, FL

#746250 Sep 19, 2012
ROMNEY 2012 wrote:
Obama by your own measure, you've failed to deliver the jobs Americans need.
In fact, no president in modern history has ever asked to be re-elected with this many Americans out of work. Twenty-three million Americans are struggling for work, and more families wake up in poverty than ever before.
It’s unacceptable. And now, America needs jobs -- not a litany of President Obama’s excuses, scapegoats, and alibis.
To change direction, we need a president who will own up to the simple truth: Americans are not better off than they were four years ago.
I Romney am running for president to help create a better future for America. A future where everyone who wants a job can find one. Where no senior fears for the security of their retirement. Where every parent knows that their child will get an education that leads to a good job and a bright horizon.
VOTE FOR REAL HOPE AND CHANGE!!!
ROMNEY 2012
Romney - "My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

This daft Mormon sealed his own doom with that big silver foot inserted deep into his pie hole.

Melt down Mutt open his pie hole again...

"the president has been a disappointment. He told you he'd keep unemployment below 8 percent. Hasn't been below eight percent since. Fifty percent of kids coming out of school can't get a job. Fifty percent. Fifty percent of the kids in high school in our 50 largest cities won't graduate from high school. What're they gonna do? These are the kinds of things that I can say to that audience that they nod their head and say, "Yeah, I think you're right." What he's going to do, by the way, is try and vilify me as someone who's been successful, or who's, you know, closed businesses or laid people off, and is an evil bad guy. And that may work."

(Note: Obama did not promise his policies would keep unemployment under 8 percent, and 50 percent of college graduates are not unemployed.)

The president does not have to vilify you Mutt.
It twas YOU with that silver tongue that vilified you.
You really 'built this' all by yourself.
You forgot to wear your magic undies again!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#746251 Sep 19, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes censorship is necessary. If the anti-Muslim movie had been censored, the unrest in the Middle East would not have occurred and our Ambassador and his 3 colleagues would still be alive. Americans should stop abusing their right to freedom of speech. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.
"nobama 2012"
Censorship is never necessary!!!
The unrest is the result of a couple of things;
- The lack of leadership from president nobama
- The lack of respect from other nations due to the lack of leadership from president nobama
Peace
KMA
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#746252 Sep 19, 2012
More Liberal/Marxist Scum surfaces,indoctrinating
our kids at School?????????? Typical Fanatics..

By Oliver Darcy, on Sep 17, 2012

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads:“I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org , a website funded by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

“The college will continue its investigation into the matter, which will include interviews with all students in her class,” continues the statement.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#746253 Sep 19, 2012
Rain with 20,000,000 particles of radioactive iodine-131 per liter fell on US during post-Fukushima peak (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/san-francisco-bay-area-200...
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#746254 Sep 19, 2012
Eman wrote:
Can we all drop this "anti-islam" movie crap now?
Why should the Libs be honest about that? They lie about everything. It makes it so easy to just turn what they say 180 degrees and know what the truth is.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#746255 Sep 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What is Romney's home state? Michigan? Massachusetts? Utah? Mexico? Cayman Islands?
Romney was born and attended private schools in Michigan as did his wife Ann aka Mamie. Romney's dad was president of American Motors and a three term governor of the state. While American Motors was your basic bullshyt deal, George Romney was easily the best Governor Michigan ever had.

Mitt rode down heavily greased rails throughout his life__he's not the guy this nation needs at the top presently, never was actually, might have been a good Senator though.

Obama won fair and square in 2008 beating a popular (D) in the primaries and a very seasoned and wealthy career politician in the general.

He's moved the nation forward against overwhelming odds, little cooperation from the Republicans and not much better cooperation from the Bush Administration's and by proxy the nations perceived enemies in the Middle East and the Islamic world.

Call him lucky, the DOW is cranking, S&P is creeping toward it's magic number and while fuel and food prices are not handsome they are not horrible either and projected to slowly decline.

Four more years of Obama will benefit the USA in many ways.

Location hidden

#746256 Sep 19, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that suppose to be a sentence? BTW, I was public educated, and I won't deny how cheated we were due to greedy union teachers. That is why I suggested you might not make fun of those that are usually proven to be smarter and recipitants of a better education.
"X Obama Supporter"
I just returned from a little trip to southwestern Montana. One of the stops was in Butte, Montana a bastion of the democrat party. Saw two different vehicles with the same bimper stickers'
One said;
'I am not a Republican', followed by, Or A, followed by another bumper sticker "Supporter of Obama'. The bumper sticker referring tp president nobama had a picture of the president with a big X across the face of the president.
Peace
CunningLinguist

Eustis, FL

#746257 Sep 19, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>The real fun begins the day after Obama's defeat. Too funny for words will be the fun of watching them stumble around trying to explain how they blew it so badly. Ihave the answer now, THEY ARE ALL LIB MORONS!
The fun has already begun... have you failed to comprehend Mitts words?

I think so, one of many, many GOP lemmings rushing to dive over the cliff. I say good riddance!

Here was Romney raw and unplugged—sort of unscripted. With this crowd of fellow millionaires, he apparently felt free to utter what he really believes and would never dare say out in the open.

He displayed a high degree of disgust for nearly half of his fellow citizens, lumping all Obama voters into a mass of shiftless moochers who don't contribute much, if anything, to society, and he indicated that he viewed the election as a battle between strivers (such as himself and the donors before him) and parasitic free-riders who lack character, fortitude, and initiative.

Yet Romney explained to his patrons that he could not speak such harsh words about Obama in public, lest he insult those independent voters who sided with Obama in 2008 and whom he desperately needs in this election.

These were sentiments not to be shared with the voters; it was inside information, available only to the select few who had paid for the privilege of experiencing the real Romney.

COMING SOON: More from the secret Romney video.(Romney tells his donors he doesn't believe in a two-state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, that resolving this conflict is "almost unthinkable," and that he would merely "kick the ball down the field.")

Location hidden

#746258 Sep 19, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> The largest group of recipients of "free stuff" is the military and their families. Free food, housing, clothing, health, dental, college, lifetime pensions an a whopping bonus every few years, all without paying any state or local taxes. While many of them are heroes, a very tiny fraction of them actually ever see any combat.
"nobama 2012"
You are a lyingsonofabitch. Our military folks receive nothing free. They do something that is alien to you, they EARN what they receive.
Peace
KMA
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#746259 Sep 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry, Fox News is softening the blow for the little brains -
Major report released on Fast and Furious, DOJ official resigns
A major report released Wednesday on the Operation Fast and Furious scandal faulted a range of federal agencies for the failed anti-gunrunning program -- and has resulted in the resignation of one Justice Department official.
Jason Weinstein, the deputy assistant attorney general for the Criminal Division, is resigning in the wake of the Justice Department inspector general report on Fast and Furious. The report essentially concludes that he is the most senior department official who was in a position to stop Fast and Furious.
The nearly 500-page report was completed after investigators reviewed 100,000 documents and interviewed 130 people.
The reports also says that no one responsible for the case at ATF Phoenix or the U.S. Attorney's Office raised a serious question or concern about the government not taking earlier measures to stop Fast and Furious.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/19/ma...
They don't even apologize to Holder, they all but wanted him crucified.
This is totally insane of you Homer and of Holder.

This internal probe of the DOJ, by the DOJ, found 14 individuals to blame the total bungled affair on.

At least it was bungled was acknowledged; however, this is not the end of the investigation.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#746260 Sep 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Romney was born and attended private schools in Michigan as did his wife Ann aka Mamie.(......yada, yadda, yadda,....more yadda...and even more yadda... never did answer the question.)
Romney's home state is Massachusetts.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#746261 Sep 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that's probably going to happen anyway no matter who wins, right?
If Israel drops a bomb, we're involved - like it or not.
Although you do display a lot more level of refinement Carol than some of your fellow conservative posters. You still have that filter engaged all the time in your brain, the kind that filters out anything rational or logical that just might make sense if only it didn't clash with conservative ideology.

No one asks the question why does the US always take on Israel's viewpoint as if they were the only oppressed nation on the planet. What makes them so special that they are always at the top of the list when a country like Sudan or another war torn country in Africa gets totally ignored. When 1000's and in some cases 100,000's are being killed or Genocide is being committed elsewhere. By taking a view point that everyone is treated equal border disputes and culture clashes can sometimes be solved without going to war. Not always but it surely must be the first avenue explored. Now take Romney's position and ask yourself how he might be viewed as an objective negotiator between Israel & everyone who surronds its borders.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#746262 Sep 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Got a few links for that tripe, Loser? BTW, you didn't believe Clint's Detroit is back, but thought his wooden monologue with an empty chair hysterical?
Keep tripping on your own tongue, Leo?
Clint's monologue hit the nail on the head. You're being angry about it, puts frosting on the Angel Food cake?
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#746263 Sep 19, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The fun has already begun... have you failed to comprehend Mitts words?
I think so, one of many, many GOP lemmings rushing to dive over the cliff. I say good riddance!
Here are the democrat lemmings panicking because in stressing the Romney tape they have unintentionally made Americans very much aware of the Obama as the redistribution POTUS, who actively seeks people to become more dependent on government, shown that 53% of Americans cannot carry the burden and highlighted Obama's class warfare. All is out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 2 min Le Jimbo 249
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 4 min Le Jimbo 53
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Pookie Bear 197,040
News Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone an... 16 min rebel111 39
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 28 min -Stray Dog 47,799
News 'We can't be intimidated' 49 min payme 18
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min IBdaMann 54,515
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Enter 340,892
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 12,639
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Ari son of Anarchy 193,745
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Krypteia 173,594
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 2 hr Learn to Read 207
More from around the web