Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420655 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#735497 Sep 8, 2012
@Carol, " What is Romney's 5-point plan you ask?
(1) Aggressively promote domestic energy development, especially fossil fuels.
(2) Expand the market for U.S. goods overseas by negotiating new trade agreements and standing up to China on intellectual-property and currency issues.
(3) Improve workforce skills by transferring job-training programs to the states and going after teachers' unions, which, he says, stand in the way of school choice and better instruction.
(4) Attack the deficit through budget cuts, not tax increases.(5) Reshape the regulatory climate to "encourage and promote small business" rather than swamp it"

Now ,let's hear what the real motivations behind Romney /Ryan 5 point plan are.--from Bill Maher's Blog:" Here's the big lie of this campaign, the thing the Tea people can't seem to understand: the wealth is being redistributed in this country, but not from hardworking, taxpaying "real Americans" to lazy, good-for-nuthin' welfare leeches. Oh sure, that happens -- but it’s nothing compared to the redistribution from the middle up. Wealth is being taken, and has for decades been taken, from the middle class and redistributed to the rich-prick, top one-percent whose money makes money tax-free.

And the whole time this grand fleecing was going on, healthcare and college prices were skyrocketing. The top one percent realized that these are two commodities that middle class families simply cannot do without. So why not charge an ever-increasing arm and a leg for these necessities, you know, like a gas station does, gouging for 10 bucks a gallon after a hurricane? The cost of a college education has gone up 1,120% since 1978 while the cost of medical expenses has gone up 600% in that same time period.

So, now the have-it-alls are looking around at the American landscape with a dry piece of bread wondering, "Where are the last remaining drops of wealth I can sop up off the plate? The poor are still poor and we're cutting their entitlements, the middle class have been mugged and kicked to the curb with their pockets turned inside-out... I know: the elderly!" Old people still have money. In 1984, old people (65 and up) were ten times richer than young people (under 35). Now they're 47 times richer! That's where all the dough is! And, coincidentally, isn't it time we talked about privatizing Medicare?"
carol

Orlando, FL

#735498 Sep 8, 2012
Well, I'm forced to repeat Romney's 5-point plan before I retire because of my unhappy judge-it.

(2) Expand the market for U.S. goods overseas by negotiating new trade agreements and standing up to China on intellectual-property and currency issues.
(3) Improve workforce skills by transferring job-training programs to the states and going after teachers' unions, which, he says, stand in the way of school choice and better instruction.
(4) Attack the deficit through budget cuts, not tax increases.
(5) Reshape the regulatory climate to "encourage and promote small business" rather than swamp it.

The repeal of the Affordable Care Act - reshaping health care reform by replacing Obamacare with measures that will bring down the cost of health insurance rather than increase it.

Okay, night.
1 post removed
ProudDumbo Dem

Stratford, CT

#735500 Sep 8, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Lyin' lily, the snakeoil swallower.
Navy Corpseman

United States

#735501 Sep 8, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to think what you wish were true. Obama has proven over the years that he is a master debater and he demonstrated his skills when he went into your headquarters and made you Republicans look totally incompetent. We have witnessed Romney losing it a number of times when he is confronted with the facts. He is a tight ass stuff shirt and he cannot change that.That's also why he has the lowest likable rating of any president in our history. The man has to turn sideways in order to move his head.
We saw the "community organizer" talk without the teleprompter!

Romney can give you facts for hours without the teleprompter!That would be called real experience!

I apologize to you President Romney for mentioning you in the same paragraph with the little Muslim skidrow dirtbag Obama!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#735502 Sep 8, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how many of the judges who supported Roe vs. Wade were conservative Republicans.:)
Obama's acolytes will say anything to get women to vote for him.
It is a fact of political life that if the truth does not support your agenda then you must find a way to change that truth. Liberals have changed truth so much that it's definition looks like Play-Doh to them. Debbie Schmuck-Wasserman doesn't use Play-Doh anymore. She uses raw feces. It shows beneath her fingernails and between her teeth.
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#735503 Sep 8, 2012
frontporchreactionary wrote:
@President Starky, "I'm just a country boy who builds everything myself without ever asking the government for anything." Mitch McConnell just got your food stamps passed in the Senate,so you should be getting them in the mail soon if House Republicans don't stand in the way(just like a bunch of Hatfields, I reckon) And the gas in your pick-up truck with the gun rack in back? You paid $14 dollars too much for your gallon of gas because Republicans blocked common sense regulations that would have prevented international oil speculators from jacking up the price and pocketing your $14 dollars and every one else's who drive cars or trucks in the world. Are you glad that you're 'on your own' with no one looking after your interests(just into them to see what else they can steal)
Well, he's been eating possum and squirrel stew all his life, what can you expect from a rat eater?
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#735504 Sep 8, 2012
carol wrote:
Getting late. Night all.
Just realized it's after midnight, so it's my birfday.
Romney/Ryan 2012! Time to turn the page!
Later...
Happy Birthday!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#735505 Sep 8, 2012
Really, Romney also wants to be all the presidents' man as he wows to stand on the stand of the faith of God, since all the past presidents were based on the foundation of Christian faith for him to represent as well the origin--while Obama wants to call forward to mean to abandon god faith to be suited with the Muslim and other faith.

That is Obama's stand of going forward for forward change , and not going back (behind) because going behind means going back to time of the founded foundation--but this will demolish the logo and symbol of US foundation to do the leftists' radical revolution, based on their chaos of changing time by calling forward change then.
ProudDumbo Dem

Stratford, CT

#735506 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, he's been eating possum and squirrel stew all his life, what can you expect from a rat eater?
He's been eating ratmouth Lyin' lily; that's really disgusting!

Lapeer, MI

#735507 Sep 8, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been told this by Fox News or do you totally ignore what is happening outside your own backyard. The World Economy is STUFFED! why doesn't that sink into your heads, It was NOT Obama's fault it was Bush & Reagan even Clinton played a hand in it. But you want to try and convince all the others that post on here, saying don't look back we can't learn from that. Just believe that someone will wave a magic wand and make it all go away.
Even China is on a downturn, Russia with all its resources wealth is facing political upheaval , why because its wealth is shared with too few. It's exactly the same in the US but it still doesn't sink in that doing the same things over n over will only make it worse. Reagan built an economy that was FAKE, based on FAKE growth and FAKE credit. Those rules put on after 1929 to prevent that ever happening again, he dropped. Soon after you saw the 1987 crash, then the Savings and loan scandal etc etc then finally the mother of them all in 2008. THAT IS WHAT LOST ALL THE JOBS!! & Trillion$ of debt chasing FAKE WMD's. So trying to pin that on Obama means you really haven't thought it through and having a job doesn't depend on Obama, it depends on Wall St. So focus where it matters.
Stop whining. You are becoming a juvenile irritation. Poor King Obama, eh?

Poor misunderstood Josef Stalin, too.

Geesh! Get a life sometime soon, woodja?!!

Lapeer, MI

#735508 Sep 8, 2012
salvia wrote:
I have never seen such racist, crude and hateful remarks in my life. Is this the party of family values? I think it's the product of Christian Hate.
saliva, quit spitting here.

If you truly want to see racist, crude and hateful remarks, listen in on a BS session between the Kenyan Snake and Eric Holder.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#735509 Sep 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Romney's 5-point plan you ask?
(4) Attack the deficit through budget cuts, not tax increases.(5) Reshape the regulatory climate to "encourage and promote small business" rather than swamp it.
That last item covers his most consistent and passionate campaign pledge, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act -- "reshaping health care reform," he says, "by replacing Obamacare with measures that will bring down the cost of health insurance rather than, as Obamacare does, increasing it."
Romney/Ryan 2012!
(1) That is all well & good and it will create jobs but at what cost. The US is a signee on for the 2020 reducing the carbon footprint, drilling oil wells in National Parks is not going to help that one bit. But reducing oil consumption IS, and that is what Obama proposes and has already headed down that path.

(2) Negotiating with China ? are you kidding me. They own half your debt. What could Romney bring to the table that Obama couldn't to even gain anything. It's a fanciful pie in the sky policy that has no substance. It is in China's interest that the US economy survives but not too well, so they will always have the upper hand for the moment. Having a low US dollar is the only way to counter them, but not too low so that investors chase other currencies. That is exactly what is happening now.

(3) That may be a correct approach but no different than Obama. Teachers Union needs a revamp they are a law onto themselves. The best should be paid the highest. Obama promised cheap student loans but the point is now, in China the equal age student is 2-3 yrs ahead in science and maths than a US student. So no turning that around in 5 mins it will take years of pain. Obama proposed new industries like Green tech to take a lead on which could amount to just as many jobs as drilling for oil.

(4) Attack the debt where ? He is not cutting the military spending which is the BIGGEST money grabber. So where does he hope to do it ? cut food stamps perhaps ? Removing rules for small business is just code for allowing Wall st to do what it wants again. Don't let that fool you and do you know what is strange about all of this. Obama is the least spending of all the presidents in the last 50yrs. So another lie fabricated from the right. Check the graph below
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...

(5) Finally repeal the Health care act, all this will do is send the country completely broke. When you stick to an ideal that is heading for a brick wall a sensible choice would be to make a U turn but NO. Conservatives would rather hit the wall, and that wall is coming with the baby boomers and NO WAY of funding it. So pure selfish greed is the only way to describe that.

So all in all, with the exception of education reform and training its a no brainer. All those other proposals have failure written all over them. 1 out of 5 is not a pass I'm sorry.
tim o

Coral Gables, FL

#735510 Sep 8, 2012
" you didnt build that business" he was Referring to affirmative action. most of the black people could not have had a business without affirmative action!...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#735511 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
That's normal?
yeap, not depending on the Government for Social Benefits is normal.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#735512 Sep 8, 2012
Oprah,Pritzker Family,raises over $500,000,000
to ensure Obama was elected.Since then,instead of
getting Key,Positions in the WH,as is the Norm, they
have been ruthlessly thrown under the Bus..Allegedly,They all used Off Shore accounts
which is Toxic,to Obamas Handlers as they have made
it a political football to do so.Gips a Wealthy
busines man and CEO,Raise $300,000,for Obama
and was dutifully rewarded!!!

After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then, in mid-2009, Obama named him ambassador to South Africa. Meanwhile, Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states — though Gips said he had been “completely unaware” that the company had received the contracts.

More than two years after Obama took office vowing to banish “special interests” from his administration, nearly 200 of his biggest donors have landed plum government positions,and many
spouses too.

Coronyism,Corruption,Hypocriti cal,you name it!!

We all assumed that Hope,and Change,meant an end
to Politics as usual? Guess we were all wrong???

Read more.Politico.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#735513 Sep 8, 2012
@carol, "Well, I'm forced to repeat Romney's 5-point plan before I retire " You don't really need to spiel the same happy horseshit 'Romney 5 point plan' that you got so far up Romney's ass that Sarah Palin can see a Third World country from there. Unless the stench helps you fertilize your demented dreams in happy slumber. Romney's '5 point plan' will have America heading straight to impoverished Third World-hood; while Romney & his rich-quik cronies (Adelson, Friess,& the Koch Bros.) pack it off to their tax havens in the Caribbean and the Swiss Alps.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#735514 Sep 8, 2012
Wondered why Oprah,and the Wealthy Pritzker Chicago
Banking Family,have not been welcomed to any Fancy
Functions,Parties,or Political Rallies,Speeches,by
the Obama Machine,they were the biggest donors at
the time he desperatly needed them,in fact in was
common knowledge he would not have made it with
out them?

I bet its really uncomfortable under that Bus?
Ruthless,and cold? Ingrate? all part of the new
Persona,of our POTUS?????? Anything Necessary
to get Elected??????????
Obama Rezco Dodd LLC

United States

#735515 Sep 8, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll just have to wait and see the debates.
What about your book?
He hates Sarah Palin!Her book took out Obama's book with sales 5 to 1!
I read most of Ofruitloops book.Palins book you can learn something!
Wait until Obama has to show his Social Security number!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#735516 Sep 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact of political life that if the truth does not support your agenda then you must find a way to change that truth. Liberals have changed truth so much that it's definition looks like Play-Doh to them. Debbie Schmuck-Wasserman doesn't use Play-Doh anymore. She uses raw feces. It shows beneath her fingernails and between her teeth.
Do you ever get tired of being judged "brilliant"? ;)

Lapeer, MI

#735517 Sep 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't confuse them with the facts. They're confused enough.
Listen to this confusion: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/erYpXzE9Pxs%2...

The Kenyan Snake, along with every talking head at the DNC, has run out of gas. No new ideas but only trite, banal propaganda phrases are left.

A few posters earlier actually had the stupidity to state that the international community respects America now with King Obama at the helm. Lies. All of it. We are laughed at in many and found disgusting in most others.

The major world chorus right now is singing "Hurry November".

...except Russia, of course. They are waiting for the Kenyan Snake to become more flexible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 222,807
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Go TRUMP 240,044
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 5 min too much 147
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... 6 min tina anne 95
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 205,447
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 12 min spud 12
News Trump on Chicago shooting: 'Just what I have be... 12 min SirPrize 28
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min Sharrp Shooter 393,418
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 44 min Bakker 8,035
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 401
More from around the web