Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382833 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#730320 Sep 4, 2012
Though no need to thank me, Lily ... You are most Welcome.:)
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Super post New Yawk, thanks.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#730321 Sep 4, 2012
As Michael Moore said,"Start calling President Romney."

Romney is going to be the president for Obama and Biden.

OH Yeah, start calling Romney president now and get used to it and you know that will be a regular routine for you.
2 posts removed
PDUPONT

Springfield, MA

#730324 Sep 4, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What convention did you view??? The speakers came from every walk of life. Represented minorties who succeeded by not allowing themselves to fall for the false rehtoric of continuing on the Democratic Plantation of despair, and class envy.
Look what your Party has to offer on old washed up whites; Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Sen. Chuck Schumer, Rep. Dingle, Now there is a journey into lunacy for you.
While on the subject of loons, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, the incohernet head of the DNC. A woman who cannot get her stats strait, must rely on MSNBC to carry her Liberal water, is incapable of honesty. But then honesty would result in a 24 hour telethon instead of a Democratic Convention.
The coming Convention will be lies and distortions on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. And a fantasy narrative on job creation and a booming economy. Nice try Liberals, but it's time to cut him loose!
The question is what convention did you watch stupid?
Paul Ryan's speech was wall to wall lies;
Blaming Obama for the credit downgrade when in fact the ratings agencies blamed Congress and especially Republicans because there was an impasse on revenues which are a needed part of the deficit solution.
He alleges that Obama has piled on more debt than any president before him when in actuality there's been less government spending under this administration than any previous Republican administration. The bulk of the debt is due to the Bush tax cuts, two wars and Medicare part D.
He blamed Obama for a plant closing in his district that actually shut down in 2008 before Obama was even nominated let alone took office.
He claimed Obama did nothing about Bowles Simpson when in fact it was scuttled by him and other Republicans again over increasing revenues.
He charged that Obama was stripping $716 billion out of Medicare when in actuality these are cost savings by eliminating inefficiencies and overpayments. Ryan's plan strips out about the same amount.
He also stated that “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” yet the Ryan budget has been condemned by religious groups including Catholic bishops as a moral disaster in cutting programs for the poor.
OMG! You're an idiot!
1 post removed
PDUPONT

Springfield, MA

#730326 Sep 4, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
A 30 year old student who wants the gov't to subsidize her birth control is the perfect symbol of the modern Democrat Party
Another right wing lie. Sara Fluke was paying for her health coverage moron so she wasn't asking the government to subsidize anything.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Springfield, MA

#730327 Sep 4, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
AN unmarried woman at 30 still going to college.
A woman at the age of 30 who thinks tax payers should pay for her $9 a month birth control.
A 30 yo old woman who claims to be too inept as to find her way to the local family planning clinic.
The woman is Julia, a failure, who thinks that the government is responsible for taking care of her. The image of the competent woman has been sent hurling back to the 1950s.
Obama was definitely projecting when he accused the other side of being archaic. The whole mentality of Obama is originating in the forties and fifties including the Mom pants.
Once again you lying sack, she was paying for health coverage not getting or asking the government for anything.
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730329 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, his new policy on immigration might have something to do with that.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...
So you believe that his immigration policy which by your own article state that they were enacted June of this year, affected the current deportation figures?

You are beyond stupid
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#730330 Sep 4, 2012
THAT IS RIGHT FOR THIS TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ALL OF YOU.

As a former Obama supporter, Movie producer Michael Moore said, "Start calling President Romney."

Romney is going to be the president for Obama and Biden.

OH Yeah, start calling Romney president now and get used to calling it and you know that will be a regular routine for you.

And you all will like it then.

Well then, you all shall be great as well.
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730332 Sep 4, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right wing lie. Sara Fluke was paying for her health coverage moron so she wasn't asking the government to subsidize anything.
You're an idiot!
In affect she was as she was asking a Jesuit college which did not believe in contraception to add such to the college insurance plan, which would subsidize the cost of contraception.

Sandra Fluke’s lamentation over “a wave of anti-contraception state legislation” makes it sound as if Arizona and other states are banning birth control. That is demonstrably not the case. A student at a prestigious law school, who presumably is familiar with the legislation she writes about, Ms. Fluke should understand that her rhetoric amounts to a politically motivated scare tactic.
This inaccurate framing of the issue is just the beginning of a series of inexcusable flaws in Ms. Fluke’s article. She declares that, on the anniversary of Griswold v. Connecticut,“It is hard to believe that we are having this conversation” about permitting exemptions for those with religious objections to state-mandated contraceptive coverage.

However, the argument Ms. Fluke wants to advance runs counter to Griswold and subsequent Supreme Court cases touching on “contraception.” No matter what one’s opinion of the merits of the decisions, it is clear that these cases cannot legitimately be read to give any patient or the government the authority to violate the fundamental freedom of conscience by forcing private institutions to pay for health insurance covering “contraception” against religious, moral, or ethical objections. Rather, an administrative rule mandating that everyone participate in, by paying for, the contraceptive choices of others actually turns on its head a key Supreme Court principle: the freedom from government intrusion on matters of contraception. By contrast, according to Ms. Fluke, et al., the so-called “right to privacy” now demands coerced public participation.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730333 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAID:This means that ICE removals for this year will be about 14% below 2008 (369,000) and 19% below 2009 (389,000).
HENCE MY CITING THE ARTICLE, DUMBFUCK!!!!
You are a beacon of stupidity

From the very same article that you were too lazy or incompetent to read:

The internal documents also reveal a discrepancy between arrests and actual removals. Specifically, ICE has reported 221,656 arrests yet report 334,249 removals for 2012 so far — a discrepancy of nearly 112,000 removals. ATEP accounts for 72,030 removals within this discrepancy, but there are over 40,000 removals that remain unaccounted for.

ICE data going back to 2007 show an increase of deportations of about 27 percent from that year through 2008, from 291,060 to 369,221. By the close of 2009, the first full year of the Obama administration, they rose to 389,834, a mere 5.6 percent increase beyond 2008.

And that trend continued, the data show, with 392,862 in 2010 and 396,906 in 2011, increases of 0.78 percent and 1 percent, without taking into account the phony ATEP additions.

Given that subtracting those numbers leaves a figure of about 360,000 for 2011, according to the committee, the number of deportations actually fell 8.4 percent from 2010 through 2011. For 2012, if the committee’s extrapolation of data prove accurate at about 315,000 deportations for the year, the number will have dropped another 12.5 percent.

They will have dropped 14.7 percent from 2008, the last year of the Bush administration.

It is no wonder that you are a Obama supporter
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#730334 Sep 4, 2012
Is The GOP Suckering Fiscal Conservatives All Over Again?

The best example of this, of course, can be seen in the area of defense spending. Before the ink was even dry on last August’s debt ceiling deal, Republicans were talking about reversing the defense portion of the cuts and, this year, they’ve taken action to do just that in the House of Representatives while Republican Senators have also been calling for the cuts to be reversed. Mitt Romney, meanwhile, has called for the cuts to be delayed a year, which is obviously just the first step down the road of eliminating them entirely. Romney has also proposed increasing the defense budget by some two trillion dollars over ten years, including a massive expansion of the United States Navy. On top of all this, a major part of the Romney/Ryan campaign against the President includes criticism of the fact that he would cut Medicare spending, which is something that most people seem to recognize is absolutely necessary, and, as Conor noted, pledging not to cut Medicare while they are in office. How, exactly, is that fiscally conservative?

It’s really quite astounding that fiscal conservatives would let themselves be suckered like this again. One would have thought that the eight years of the Bush Administration would have taught them a lesson that you have to do more than just listen to the rhetoric of Republican candidates, you have to actually look at their policies. There are some responsible Republicans out there, Tom Coburn comes to mind, but their numbers are seemingly fewer than they used to be during the Bush years when there was, at the very least, a small contingent of the party speaking out against the profligacy of programs like Medicare, Part D. As for the voters who consider themselves fiscally conservative, I can’t say I understand their actions very well at all. For many of them, no doubt, supporting Romney is merely a means to get rid of Obama, who they consider to be worse. As Conor pointed out, though, that just means they’re making the same mistake that Republicans did last decade when they blindly trusted to control spending, then failed to punish them when they didn’t.

Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. That seems to be what Republican fiscal conservatives are doing right now.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/is-the-gop-s... +|+OTB%29
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730336 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said negates the FACT that with the implementation of his new policy the number of deportations will likely fall. NEANDERCHIMP!!!!
Typical liberal.

Poor train of thought and lack of reading comprehension.

You stated that the Obama administration has deported record numbers of illegal’s. I posted facts from House Judiciary Committee, that they believe that the administration cooked the numbers.

What his newly enacted policy "will" do in the future is irrelevant to the initial conversation or to the reported deportation numbers.

You are obviously one of our public school education systems success stories.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730337 Sep 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Perfect example of why Obama should not get a second term.
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730339 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite the number of the POST that I made that statement.....
You merely injected your on assumptions of my intent from what I posted, and were WRONG!!!! My last reply still STANDS!!!
Excuse me I should have stated that you assert that the claim that the Obama administration has deported record number of illegal’s is true. Since you asked what lies the current administration has told in your post #730303, I replied with the information regarding the cooked deportation numbers.

One can only assume that either you are refuting the facts and believe that they did indeed deport record numbers, or that you are a mindless troll. Take your pick
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#730341 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm stating that at the time he stated that it was true. No with the policy change the opposite is true.
The House Judiciary Committee apparently disagrees with your assertion.

Given that subtracting those numbers (ATEP ) leaves a figure of about 360,000 for 2011, according to the committee, the number of deportations actually fell 8.4 percent from 2010 through 2011. For 2012, if the committee’s extrapolation of data prove accurate at about 315,000 deportations for the year, the number will have dropped another 12.5 percent.

They will have dropped 14.7 percent from 2008, the last year of the Bush administration.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#730342 Sep 4, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>100% of military members pay taxes. Most military member were not allowed to vote sixty years ago. Obama doesn't want military members to vote,because members of the military are patriotic and Obama knows they would prefer someone other than a empty suit as their Commander-in-Chief.
Name any other organization where the employees are allowed to vote for their boss.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#730343 Sep 4, 2012
I rarely get this way but I am absolutely GIDDY anticipating First Lady Michelle Obama's speech tonight. I couldn't even sleep well last night. It's like Christmas in September!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#730344 Sep 4, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name any other organization where the employees are allowed to vote for their boss.
The Black Panthers...
-
It's the culture...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#730345 Sep 4, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
I rarely get this way but I am absolutely GIDDY anticipating First Lady Michelle Obama's speech tonight. I couldn't even sleep well last night. It's like Christmas in September!
You know there is something wrong with Obama when the best feeling you had about Obama was the day you voted for him you idiot....
-
It's the culture...

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#730346 Sep 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Is The GOP Suckering Fiscal Conservatives All Over Again?
The best example of this, of course, can be seen in the area of defense spending. Before the ink was even dry on last August’s debt ceiling deal, Republicans were talking about reversing the defense portion of the cuts and, this year, they’ve taken action to do just that in the House of Representatives while Republican Senators have also been calling for the cuts to be reversed. Mitt Romney, meanwhile, has called for the cuts to be delayed a year, which is obviously just the first step down the road of eliminating them entirely. Romney has also proposed increasing the defense budget by some two trillion dollars over ten years, including a massive expansion of the United States Navy. On top of all this, a major part of the Romney/Ryan campaign against the President includes criticism of the fact that he would cut Medicare spending, which is something that most people seem to recognize is absolutely necessary, and, as Conor noted, pledging not to cut Medicare while they are in office. How, exactly, is that fiscally conservative?
It’s really quite astounding that fiscal conservatives would let themselves be suckered like this again. One would have thought that the eight years of the Bush Administration would have taught them a lesson that you have to do more than just listen to the rhetoric of Republican candidates, you have to actually look at their policies. There are some responsible Republicans out there, Tom Coburn comes to mind, but their numbers are seemingly fewer than they used to be during the Bush years when there was, at the very least, a small contingent of the party speaking out against the profligacy of programs like Medicare, Part D. As for the voters who consider themselves fiscally conservative, I can’t say I understand their actions very well at all. For many of them, no doubt, supporting Romney is merely a means to get rid of Obama, who they consider to be worse. As Conor pointed out, though, that just means they’re making the same mistake that Republicans did last decade when they blindly trusted to control spending, then failed to punish them when they didn’t.
Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. That seems to be what Republican fiscal conservatives are doing right now.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/is-the-gop-s... +|+OTB%29
You told a few truths here, there are very few in the GOP that are truly sane in budget matters.
Very true also is that conservatives have been abused by the GOP .
Everyone has
Social Conservitives also get used How long has the crusade against abortion been
Used to sucker in them...Even when the GOP holds power there is no frontal assult On Roe-Wade
Fiscal Conserative need to take a good look at the facts
The last 5 ballanced budgets...all by Democrats
Clinton and Johnson...
Last GOP ballanced budget...Eisenhower...50 years ago

As far as social conservativism goes... The GOP has
Done the math and they know that overturning Roe-Wade
Would have a massive backlash and that tying thier future
To the likes of Aiken would be suicidal.

You are better off with those who can count both dollars
And polls...
Don't feel bad the Democratic Party had once done the same
To its activist wing....
Back when McGovern was leading them to glory in 1972
The same crap is going on in the GOP today
I pray it
Has the same result...
the leftist nut jobs thought that they owned the Democratic party...
McGovern lost by almost 30%
Back then I first voted for the GOP because they were
Somewhat dealing with reality ...Then the Rush Limbaugh-pat Robertson
Wing nuts took over the party so I got sane and left...
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#730347 Sep 4, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a proven liar on many statements he has made.
President Obama has not told any lies. The right-wing media continues to take his statements out of context and spinning them to suit their agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi Loophole Schumer behind Senate bill that ... 1 min okimar 7
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 2 min WeTheSheeple 300
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 min Into The Night 11,066
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 4 min Questions 874
News Protesters clash with police outside Trump rall... 5 min tomin cali 68
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 min Slappa 1,407
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min NO CROOKED HILLAR... 224,774
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Agents of Corruption 383,969
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 13 min Excellent One 8,484
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 1 hr crucifiedguy 178
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr cubeshaker 449
More from around the web