Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374420 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

aniketh

Europe

#730305 Sep 3, 2012
Payram offers online earning with veryeasy system .register nd get free sign up bonus of $2 register.@ http://payram.com/ref.php... its nota scam,try nd see the miracle

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#730306 Sep 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
All you've talked about for the past week is vaginas and vagina haters (whatever the heck that means).
Stop talking about it, Lily. It's not becoming of a lady and it's just not important in light of the real serious issues we face.
Women can take all the birth control pills they want and have all the sex they want. Just not on the taxpayers' dime.
lily wants free sex.

Personal responsibility is such a drag!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#730307 Sep 3, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one!!!!
I assume you are a LIberal so go to Fact Check -there are several listed there.

Lapeer, MI

#730308 Sep 3, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like the state to force your daughter to have a rapists baby?
Would you like the state to forcibly rape your daughter with a vaginal probe? Tell her to "just close her eyes"
Just answer the question. Not one of you rightwingers will answer it, why is that? This is your party's platform.
I say vagina to shock you, it's women, women who are continually being maligned by your party, 1000 pieces of legislation taking women's rights away. 1000!
It is serious, very serious, when we have a party of white men, hose entire political ambition is to control women's bodies. Are you a woman?
Is "Twilight Zone" the name of your Trailer Park?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#730309 Sep 3, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one!!!!
"Mitt Romney backed a bill that outlaws all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest."

"Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich all say they would cut foreign aid to Israel — and every other country — to zero."

"What I have done -- and this is unprecedented ... is I've said to each agency ...'look at regulations that are already on the books and if they don't make sense, let's get rid of them.'"

"If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world."

Want some more?
1 post removed

Lapeer, MI

#730311 Sep 3, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like that in that article, are you completely lacking in reading comprehension?
Condoleza Rice has endorsed president Obama and plans to vote for him again, same with Colin Powell.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fairy Tales

Can come true

It can happen to you

If you're drunk as a skunk...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#730312 Sep 3, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show a link, or STFU with your lies!!!!
Are you going to be such a baby to get your nappie in a bunch because everything in Charlotte isn't prefect?

You shut up. You are sounding rather silly.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#730313 Sep 3, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one!!!!
The Obama administration is fudging the numbers in claims it is deporting “record” numbers of illegal aliens, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee reported last week.

Observers have noted the oddity of the president touting his administration's deportations, given that his immigration deputies have flatly stated that they will not deport illegal immigrants who meet the criteria of the failed DREAM Act, a position Obama himself made official in June, when he announced that young illegals were free to stay in the country.

The Numbers
The committee put the numbers together with documents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). They “show that the Obama administration is cooking the books to achieve their so-called ‘record’ deportation numbers for illegal immigrants and that removals are actually significantly down — not up — from 2009,” the committee reported in a release.

Obama began cooking the books last year, the committee reported:
Pulling out the ATEP numbers dramatically changes the number of deportations under Obama. The numbers for 2012 are nearly 20 percent below those in 2009. The committee continued,
When ATEP removals are subtracted from ICE’s deportation numbers, the 2011 removal total would drop from approximately 397,000 to roughly 360,000 and the 2012 removal total would drop from about 334,000 to around 263,000 (annualized this is estimated to be a drop from about 400,000 to 315,000).

This means that ICE removals for this year will be about 14% below 2008 (369,000) and 19% below 2009 (389,000).

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigrat...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#730314 Sep 3, 2012
Word cloud of Dem platform

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/el_So...

Word cloud of Rep platform

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/el_So...

Word clouds are created by a program. The contents of the two platforms were evaluated by the program. The more frequently a certain word is said the bigger it is.

Lapeer, MI

#730315 Sep 3, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Anderson Cooper Smacks Down Liberal Hypoctire and MoveOn spokesman Justin Ruben
CNN's Anderson Cooper twice nailed Democrats in the last week for falsely accusing Republicans of waging war on women's health, but the three major networks either ignored the story (ABC) or skimmed over the details without fact-checking the Democratic accusations (CBS, NBC).
http://www.politikditto.com/2012/05/anderson-...
That punk Justin Ruben got his underwear pulled up over his pinhead! The Liberals are so very desperate to pull King Obama's failures off the campaign target right now that they are lying, making up stories like lily does and feigning disgust with the horrible(!) things that evil Republicans are doing to women!

Ho-Hum(giggle).

It's the the economy, Justin, and not Vagina Costumes running loose in N.C.

MoveOn, Idiot.

Lapeer, MI

#730316 Sep 3, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one!!!!
"The private sector is doing just fine"

"I've been to 57 States now and we'll try to get to the rest soon"

Want more? There are lots more.

This all assumes that you actually *want* to hear the truth.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#730317 Sep 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That punk Justin Ruben got his underwear pulled up over his pinhead! The Liberals are so very desperate to pull King Obama's failures off the campaign target right now that they are lying, making up stories like lily does and feigning disgust with the horrible(!) things that evil Republicans are doing to women!
Ho-Hum(giggle).
It's the the economy, Justin, and not Vagina Costumes running loose in N.C.
MoveOn, Idiot.
Wow, Anderson is one of the few journalist who does his job as one.
EMW

Franklin, TN

#730318 Sep 3, 2012
Anderson is great..here's a link of him trying to keep Wasserman in line... http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#730319 Sep 4, 2012
I'm Flattered!!!

Many years of tomgirl training, lots of brothers, younger and older,'ya know.

And you were attracted to A Man? You gay? AC-DC??

Hmmmm ... Maybe you do play Dress-Up for your Clientele.

O, I always keep my balance; I don't slip.

Many years of Classical Dance and Martial Arts training.

O, it's not pride. It's knowledge. And I Have Many Skills ...

"Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin"

Guess you'll be trippin' up in North Carolina toward your ruin!?

AHaHaaaHaaaa ...!
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
oops. Sorry. You write like a man.
A cute one.
Conceit and confidence go hand-in-hand. Something like "Pride goes before a fall"
Have a nice trip...in North Carolina:]
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#730320 Sep 4, 2012
Though no need to thank me, Lily ... You are most Welcome.:)
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Super post New Yawk, thanks.
JBH

Delta, Canada

#730321 Sep 4, 2012
As Michael Moore said,"Start calling President Romney."

Romney is going to be the president for Obama and Biden.

OH Yeah, start calling Romney president now and get used to it and you know that will be a regular routine for you.
2 posts removed
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#730324 Sep 4, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What convention did you view??? The speakers came from every walk of life. Represented minorties who succeeded by not allowing themselves to fall for the false rehtoric of continuing on the Democratic Plantation of despair, and class envy.
Look what your Party has to offer on old washed up whites; Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Sen. Chuck Schumer, Rep. Dingle, Now there is a journey into lunacy for you.
While on the subject of loons, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, the incohernet head of the DNC. A woman who cannot get her stats strait, must rely on MSNBC to carry her Liberal water, is incapable of honesty. But then honesty would result in a 24 hour telethon instead of a Democratic Convention.
The coming Convention will be lies and distortions on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. And a fantasy narrative on job creation and a booming economy. Nice try Liberals, but it's time to cut him loose!
The question is what convention did you watch stupid?
Paul Ryan's speech was wall to wall lies;
Blaming Obama for the credit downgrade when in fact the ratings agencies blamed Congress and especially Republicans because there was an impasse on revenues which are a needed part of the deficit solution.
He alleges that Obama has piled on more debt than any president before him when in actuality there's been less government spending under this administration than any previous Republican administration. The bulk of the debt is due to the Bush tax cuts, two wars and Medicare part D.
He blamed Obama for a plant closing in his district that actually shut down in 2008 before Obama was even nominated let alone took office.
He claimed Obama did nothing about Bowles Simpson when in fact it was scuttled by him and other Republicans again over increasing revenues.
He charged that Obama was stripping $716 billion out of Medicare when in actuality these are cost savings by eliminating inefficiencies and overpayments. Ryan's plan strips out about the same amount.
He also stated that “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” yet the Ryan budget has been condemned by religious groups including Catholic bishops as a moral disaster in cutting programs for the poor.
OMG! You're an idiot!
1 post removed
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#730326 Sep 4, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
A 30 year old student who wants the gov't to subsidize her birth control is the perfect symbol of the modern Democrat Party
Another right wing lie. Sara Fluke was paying for her health coverage moron so she wasn't asking the government to subsidize anything.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#730327 Sep 4, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
AN unmarried woman at 30 still going to college.
A woman at the age of 30 who thinks tax payers should pay for her $9 a month birth control.
A 30 yo old woman who claims to be too inept as to find her way to the local family planning clinic.
The woman is Julia, a failure, who thinks that the government is responsible for taking care of her. The image of the competent woman has been sent hurling back to the 1950s.
Obama was definitely projecting when he accused the other side of being archaic. The whole mentality of Obama is originating in the forties and fifties including the Mom pants.
Once again you lying sack, she was paying for health coverage not getting or asking the government for anything.
1 post removed
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#730329 Sep 4, 2012
STRANGEVISITOR72 wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, his new policy on immigration might have something to do with that.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...
So you believe that his immigration policy which by your own article state that they were enacted June of this year, affected the current deportation figures?

You are beyond stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Injudgement 222,492
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 hr Synque 375
News Cruz Names Fiorina as Running Mate 1 hr Bob 33
News The Latest: White powder sent to Trump Tower ca... 1 hr the mack 1
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 hr Time again 1,551
News Dennis Hastert awaits sentence in hush-money case 1 hr Synque 9
News Republican John Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer... 2 hr Christsharian Dee... 6
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Quirky 380,915
News N.C., Miss. 'religious freedom' measures hardly... 2 hr LarryV 601
News Is single-payer healthcare dead in the U.S., or... 6 hr Christsharian Dee... 150
More from around the web