Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458037 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#708850 Aug 12, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPs, Obama is tooting the Bush tax cuts as something he has done to help the middle class.
Thought he couldn't wait for them to expire so he can put more of a burden on small businesses - raising their taxes on top of the unknowns of Obamacare.

He's now saying he wants to keep the Bush tax cuts? Maybe he just means until after the election.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#708851 Aug 12, 2012
Jimmy from CT SAID:

Any of you nitwits brave enough to defend Ayn Rand??

I'd love it if any of you were brave enough to try.
==========

six primary virtues to guide the actions of a rational man: independence, integrity, honesty, justice, productiveness and pride....
----------

Yeah....bub....
THESE are VERY "hard" to defend!!!!!!!:)

==========
Limits to the Effectiveness of Moral Judgment
by Luke Setzer
Ayn Rand formulated Objectivism implicitly to give a rational basis for the characters and plots of her novels and explicitly to give readers a powerful philosophy by which to live in this world. In the famous speech by John Galt in Atlas Shrugged, she outlined six primary virtues to guide the actions of a rational man:

>--->> independence, integrity, honesty, justice, productiveness and pride. <<---<

Later works of nonfiction elaborated on these virtues and how to apply them to live a flourishing life.

Of the six virtues, only justice requires others in order to practice it. In essence, this virtue demands that we grant to others what they earn, good or bad. Ayn Rand's essay "How Does One Lead a Rational Life in an Irrational Society?" in The Virtue of Selfishness prescribes a single statement to accomplish this goal: "One must never fail to pronounce moral judgment."

http://rebirthofreason.com/Articles/Setzer/Li...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Cocoa Beach, FL

#708852 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We successfully ended the Iraq War during Bush's second term. Kerry would have hightailed it out of there leaving thousands of Iraqis at the mercy of the insurgents and al Qaeda.
I've always said Obama should have thanked Bush for taking care of Saddam so Iraq didn't become his problem. Because it would have.
Bush tried to warn Congress about the impending housing market crisis numerous times.
Why shouldn't he have been voted back into office?
It was the Democrats who sat there in front of a Republican Congressional hearing back in 2004 and defended Fannie and Freddie like their very lives depended on it - or their pocketbooks.
You should be ashamed of yourself for that post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#708853 Aug 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Rove and Blackwell already did the "Defense of Marriage" scam in Ohhio in 2004. Blackwell was subsequently rewarded as the black Judas he was...what are the going to do this year? I think the voter suppression was pretty much set in 2008, so there goes that swing state, huh?
I think the D's are countering with church-centered drives to get people photo ID.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Eubank, KY

#708854 Aug 12, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
"Anyone who thinks women won't like Paul Ryan is making the misogynist assumption women are too scared and stupid to listen to straight talk. "
You tell them girl!
Wethersfield lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#708855 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sakes...
Between 2001 and 2003? Right after 9/11?
Seriously? How many democrats voted the exact same way?
You really have to do better than this if you're trying to discredit Ryan.
TARP was repaid a long time ago.
Too bad the Democrats told a Republican Congressional hearing in 2004 that there was absolutely nothing wrong with Fannie and Freddie and came very close to calling the republican's attempt to rein in F&F nothing short of a witch hunt.
He's a fraud. Like the rest of those clowns voted in-in 2010. All those "deficit hawks" who threw money around like the world was going to end. Deficit hawk my ass.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#708856 Aug 12, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The basis for the TeaParty.
You aren't fed up with the government mismanging our money?

Hmmmm....that seems rather odd.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#708857 Aug 12, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! fred knew the vodka swilling mandingo mad Finland fluker would be a Depaki groupie.
FF is so spiritually empty and life so meaningless she falls for Choprah crap. Tragic.
Deepak Choprah is not Pakistani. He is from India, and yes I am proud to say I have had the pleasure to read his books and listen to his lectures for more than 20 years. Perhaps you should look into it, it may make you more human.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Eubank, KY

#708858 Aug 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
he is counting on you old cripples to sell out the next generation.
I'm not much on that selling folks out ghettochit duhmbo.

Too bad for your kind huh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leosanus

Stratford, CT

#708859 Aug 12, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if she went to school in Texas; I'd give her a pass.
Hey Carol? No one was forced to read Slaughterhouse Five in high school. In addition; Kurt Vonnegut was not the only one who reported on it.
The only pass you could give is one to pass out, from Obama snakeoil poisoning with a huge shot of your favorite booze.
1 post removed

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#708861 Aug 12, 2012
THANK YOU TEABAG ASSLICKERS!!!!!!!

A negative judgment gives us more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy.

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#708862 Aug 12, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice going yepperz, you gave her the opening she needed to trot out this nonsense.
It'll go on all day.
Lol...I know. I'm ignoring that part of her post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#708863 Aug 12, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The basis for the TeaParty.
One of my faves:

The income tax created more criminals than any other single act of government.
Barry Goldwater

Looks pretty likely that Allen West is losing to Patrick Murphy, who I would have liked for my district, we will likely have Lois Frankel, this district has always been Democratic.
Did you see Jeb getting testy with Alan Grayson? Priceless.
The pick of Ryan will cost Mitt Florida, Ohio and PA.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#708864 Aug 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But we're now adding jobs instead of bleeding 750 million a month. Can you do even simple math in the R'Money Reich?
Leo, this is the slowest recovery to a recession in 70 years. Obama's record has been dismal no matter what silly facts you try to use to boost it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#708865 Aug 12, 2012
The Republican Romney---Ryan Plan to Destroy the American Economy Forever

A new poll in the United States shows that Americans are still deeply frustrated at the slow pace of the economic recovery. That's understandable. Unemployment stays stubbornly high. But I was just in Europe, and they think America is booming.

Consider this: the U.S. economy is on track to grow between 2 and 3 percent this year. In Europe, by contrast, half the eurozone economies are going to actually shrink this year - and not one major European country will grow over 1%.

Consider that data we started with. The U.S. economy, which received monetary and fiscal stimulus, will grow at well over 2% this year. European economies that have followed the path of cutting spending and raising taxes to reduce deficits are finding themselves in a downward spiral: cutting spending means laying off people, which means less demand for good[s] and services, which means the economy shrinks, which - ironically - means lower tax revenues and thus larger budget deficits.

Take a look at Britain. Britain has followed a brave austerity plan, cutting government spending across the board and raising taxes. The result, British growth has stalled; the economy will grow barely 0.8% this year. And while its budget deficit was predicted to be under 13 billion dollars in February, it was in fact 24 billion dollars for that month alone.

After its austerity programs, Spain has hit 20% unemployment - 50% youth unemployment - and now has a much larger budget deficit than projected.

Europe needs structural reforms that will cut spending over the long term - by raising retirement ages and cutting benefits. But it also needs pro-growth reforms that open up its labor market. But most importantly for now it needs to stop imposing austerity in a depressed economy and learn from something from the example across the Atlantic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leosanus

Stratford, CT

#708866 Aug 12, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Deepak Choprah is not Pakistani. He is from India, and yes I am proud to say I have had the pleasure to read his books and listen to his lectures for more than 20 years. Perhaps you should look into it, it may make you more human.
Or in your case, more ridiculous and more inebriated.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#708867 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt plans to increase defense by $2.1 trillion, attached to GDP, but hasn't said how he plans to pay for it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#708868 Aug 12, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a fraud. Like the rest of those clowns voted in-in 2010. All those "deficit hawks" who threw money around like the world was going to end. Deficit hawk my ass.
This shows how little you do know. Now you are making a fool out of yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#708870 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you keep voting for the same mismanagers?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#708871 Aug 12, 2012
leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> The only pass you could give is one to pass out, from Obama snakeoil poisoning with a huge shot of your favorite booze.
Why don't you ever post as American Born any more, Troll? Oh, and GFY again, for the rest of the day, repeatedly...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former US ambassador, Cotton back Trump on Taiw... 2 min Mikey 17
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 8 min Chilli J 1,039
News In wake of election, undocumented students face... 9 min Justified 3
News Jobs report shows Trump to inherit solid but un... 9 min Mikey 37
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 9 min Le Jimbo 2,911
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 9 min Berlin Betty 2,010
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min freebird 403,629
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,025
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 37 min inbred Genius 152
News Trump, Clinton aides clash at post-election gat... 1 hr Philosophic 98
More from around the web