Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522052 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#698455 Jul 31, 2012
Rush is right wrote:
<quoted text>No previous incumbants ever had the number of crooks, America Haters and Union thugs who could alter and manipulate voting results.
lol!
No they just had Jeb bush, fktard.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#698456 Jul 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....
Aren't you going to correct her that that is just not the way that Jeopardy questions are asked or answered? You two do the People Crossword puzzles together?
1 post removed
carol

Orlando, FL

#698458 Jul 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with our ally.
Just time to defund Israel.
Time to defund a lot of things. Pakistan should be #1 on that list.
1 post removed
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#698460 Jul 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
he lurks all day, just waiting for his big reveal.
Nobody cares.
Lol
Hmmm, pot met kettle
Florida

Tampa, FL

#698461 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Plum "eat up" with envy of George Clooney and Mark Walberg...cannot imagine why. LMAO
Pelosi: I'm NOT encouraging anyone to go to the Democratic Convention, having nothing to do with anything, except I think they should stay home...

-
It's the culture...
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#698462 Jul 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama put 4 trillion on the table & the Republicans said no.
Why did they say no?
Because included in those spending cuts were some revenue increases.
And God freakin forbid the Republicans agree to that. Nooooooooo.
It would violate their pledge to the fat bastard Norquist.
Republicans care more about pleasing Norquist than they do helping their country.
CBO says tax hikes and spending cuts will cause "Taxmageddon".

"[T]he nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) noted that both the spending cuts and tax increases, slated to become effective in Jan. 1, 2013, will drain some $607 billion from the ailing U.S. economy next year.

The changes could pummel the nation, at least for a period, back into a recession."

BTW, what were the votes when "Obama put 4 trillion on the table"?
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#698463 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Plum "eat up" with envy of George Clooney and Mark Walberg...cannot imagine why. LMAO
Out to lunch....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#698464 Jul 31, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello flack, things have been good. how are you? how is your Summer going?
Lots of golf. Taking the girls places. Getting to see a lot of bands. Pretty much the same ole. How about you? Doing some tree trimming right now. Getting ready for bad storm weather.

We will not go gentle

#698465 Jul 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
Dem you and RealDave keeps telling us everything Obama havenít accomplished!! I guess thatís why the DNC Homepage Shows More Romney Attack Ads -- Than Obama Accomplishments!!
Could you please check up on subject/verb agreement remediation and then get back to us?
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#698466 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you going to correct her that that is just not the way that Jeopardy questions are asked or answered? You two do the People Crossword puzzles together?
You are insistent on being irrelevant
VOTE GOP 2012 LESS EVIL

Fayetteville, NC

#698467 Jul 31, 2012
What is the Tea Party?
The Tea Party is a grassroots movement that calls awareness to any issue that challenges the security, sovereignty, or domestic tranquility of our beloved nation, the United States of America. From our founding, the Tea Party represents the voice of the true owners of the United States: WE THE PEOPLE.

Many are credited to be the founders of this movement; however, it was the brave souls of the men and women in 1773, known today as the Boston Tea Party, who dared to defy the greatest military might on earth. We are the beneficiaries of their courage.

The Tea Party includes those who possess a strong belief in the foundational Judeo-Christian values embedded in our great founding documents. We believe that the responsibility of our beloved nation is entrenched within the hearts of true American Patriots from every race, religion, national origin, and walk of life who share a common belief in the values which made and keep our beloved nation great. This belief led to the creation of the modern-day Tea Party. Many Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents alike identify with the premises set forth by the Tea Party Movement, which is striking a chord and ringing true with the American Spirit.

We stand by the Constitution as inherently conservative. We serve as a beacon to the masses that have lost their way, a light illuminating the path to the original intentions of our Founding Fathers. We must raise a choir of voices declaring that America must stand on the values that made us great. Only then will the politically blind see and deaf hear!

By joining the Tea Party, you are taking a stand for our nation. You will be upholding the grand principles set forth in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs
1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.

2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.

3. A strong military is essential.

4. Special interests must be eliminated.

5. Gun ownership is sacred.

6. Government must be downsized.

7. The national budget must be balanced.

8. Deficit spending must end.

9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.

10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.

11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.

12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.

13. Intrusive government must be stopped.

14. English as our core language is required.

15. Traditional family values are encouraged.http://www.teaparty .org/about.php
Florida

Tampa, FL

#698468 Jul 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
No Surprize. The Fruit of Islam.. The Chicago democrats like of Rev. Wright and Black Panther Farrakhan as "good ol boys" in the Obama crowd, helping Rahm Emanuel in Chicago...
-
So Obama goes from Rev. Wright to now Farrakhan's neighborhood. Any qustion about who Obama is?
-
The Fruit of Islam... Or... The Fruit of Loon... ghetto dem?
-
Florida finds it a little ironic that someone calling themselves, "Black Power" in Chicago is posting on this thread you racist...
-
It's the culture...

We will not go gentle

#698469 Jul 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
And the best SCOTUS that money could buy...I did find some info on Nordquist. "Not one cent in taxes on the rich, but start all the foreign wars for profit you can"? "Early in his career, Norquist was executive director of both the National Taxpayers Union and the national College Republicans, holding both positions until 1983. Afterward, he served as Economist and Chief Speechwriter at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce from 1983 to 1984.[12]

Norquist traveled to several war zones to help support anti-Soviet guerrilla armies in the second half of the 1980s. He worked with a support network for Oliver North's efforts with the Nicaraguan Contras and other insurgencies, in addition to promoting U.S. support for groups including Mozambique's RENAMO and Jonas Savimbi's UNITA in Angola and helping to organize anti-Soviet forces in Laos.[9]"
VOTE GOP 2012 LESS EVIL

Fayetteville, NC

#698470 Jul 31, 2012
A word from TeaParty.Org
Remember Our Heroes, For Freedom Isn't Free.

Many of America's dilemmas lay squarely on the shoulders of We The People. Meanwhile, economic issues burden small businesses. However, we must not define ourselves by the calamities in our lives, but by our resolve to pick up the pieces and move on. The power of a few can change a nation, save a people and illuminate a generation.

Commonsense, Conservative, Constitutional Self-Governance Is Our Mode Of Operation. Yes, we are a Christian nation. However, you do not have to be a Christian to enjoy freedom. The Tea Party welcomes all red-blooded U.S. Citizens.

Tea Party, Inc./TeaParty.org is the only Tea Party organization praised by Dr. Michael Savage in his book, Trickle Up Poverty, pages 18 through 24. The book is highly recommended!

We may be old fashioned, but we believe it is not foolish to pledge our lives, liberty and sacred honor to the greatest nation that ever was or ever will be. The nation of the people, by the people and for the people, to that we shall strive to carry forward the mantle of the Tea Party, keeping alive the voice of freedom.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#698471 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
I know.... hahaha. craaaaazzzziiii.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#698472 Jul 31, 2012
VOTE GOP 2012 LESS EVIL wrote:
What is the Tea Party?
The Tea Party is a grassroots movement that calls awareness to any issue that challenges the security, sovereignty, or domestic tranquility of our beloved nation, the United States of America. From our founding, the Tea Party represents the voice of the true owners of the United States: WE THE PEOPLE.
Many are credited to be the founders of this movement; however, it was the brave souls of the men and women in 1773, known today as the Boston Tea Party, who dared to defy the greatest military might on earth. We are the beneficiaries of their courage.
The Tea Party includes those who possess a strong belief in the foundational Judeo-Christian values embedded in our great founding documents. We believe that the responsibility of our beloved nation is entrenched within the hearts of true American Patriots from every race, religion, national origin, and walk of life who share a common belief in the values which made and keep our beloved nation great. This belief led to the creation of the modern-day Tea Party. Many Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents alike identify with the premises set forth by the Tea Party Movement, which is striking a chord and ringing true with the American Spirit.
We stand by the Constitution as inherently conservative. We serve as a beacon to the masses that have lost their way, a light illuminating the path to the original intentions of our Founding Fathers. We must raise a choir of voices declaring that America must stand on the values that made us great. Only then will the politically blind see and deaf hear!
By joining the Tea Party, you are taking a stand for our nation. You will be upholding the grand principles set forth in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs
1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.http://www.teaparty .org/about.php
Awareness??? hahaha
Florida

Tampa, FL

#698473 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Could you please check up on subject/verb agreement remediation and then get back to us?
Without an invented crisis, leosanus would not have a life or a sellout cause...
-
It's the culture...
carol

Orlando, FL

#698474 Jul 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I've corrected you on this before. Why do you keep lying, clueless, incompetent, condescending Carol?(All the bucks he got fundraising from Libor criminals is London were British pounds sterling as well.)
For cryin' out loud...so what if Clinton said some nice things about Obama in that CNN interview where he clearly and indisputably defended Romney's record at Bain?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/...

"Unlike some fellow Democrats, Clinton acknowledged Romney's time at Bain Capital formed a 'good business career.' He also acknowledged that the nature of private equity meant some companies inevitably fail."

You just don't give up on being cluelessly out of the loop, do you?
frank

Oakland, CA

#698475 Jul 31, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The food stamp president is not a term of endearment.
food stamps as a stimulus? What a laugh Democrats use the excuse for vote buying as stimulus.
America to welfare fluker sluts amd bums: work or starve
Fred I think you finally done it, it does not get more stupid than that - you fell off your pink unicorn
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#698476 Jul 31, 2012
The Chronicles of Mitt: Hello human diary. It is I again Mitt Romney, the British portion of my trip completed. I am now writing in you from the state of Isreal. My advisers were particuliarly insistent that I complimented my hosts as often as possible during my stay here. I took the opportunity to praise Jewish culture for being so good with money. The Palestinian culture is not nearly so good with money, or so I have heard. Why else would they be so obviously poor? They act like Mexico to our America. That said I feel satisfactory with both cultures. As a wealth unit, I value people who are good with money. As the grandson of a Mexican immigrant, however, I also recognize the importance of having a nearby Mexico. My previous lawn care units came from Mexico, I believe. They did an acceptable job, but I had to fire them when I decided to again run for office. I am off to Poland next. I do not know whether the Polish culture is good with money. I have heard disturbing things about the shoddy state of their submarine fleet, however, which I am looking forward to discussing with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 3 min spud 323
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Jonah1 25,269
News This is why the first 100 days is a 'ridiculous... 5 min Another View 15
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Susanm 313,966
News Top StoryTrump tells young immigrants in US ill... 14 min Chilli J 63
News Obama meets with at-risk youth ahead of Chicago... 17 min o see the light 82
News Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to releas... 20 min Foxy 309
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Limbertwig 265,236
News Under Trump, ICE arrests soar for migrants with... 1 hr Chilli J 213
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 3 hr Retribution 96
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 4 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad 181
More from around the web