Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406609 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fred

Hilton Head Island, SC

#666376 Jun 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
WASHINGTON -- There are currently two Democratic female governors in the entire nation. After November, there may be zero.
While four Republican female governors are currently in office, the only two female Democrats -- Washington's Christine Gregoire and North Carolina's Bev Perdue -- are both stepping down after 2012.
"We might as well turn the clock back 50 years, because that's the last time we were without a sitting woman governor who supported reproductive choices and options, and that's what we're looking at again," said Sam Bennett, president and CEO and of the Women's Campaign Fund.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/demo...
Democrat female governors have been failures. Niki Haley in SC, very successful. duh
Jimmy

Hamden, CT

#666377 Jun 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay out of womens VAGINAS you pig
Nobody wants to be anywhere near yours, pig.

You, being a moron have heard this from a partisan, so you repeat it - such a typical brainless follower.

You Democrats are so flocking weak. A burden on others. No pride or dignity. Simply pathetic.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#666378 Jun 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay out of womens VAGINAS you pig
LOL... Your sister no doubt smells and tastes much better than you lily... I'm sure your mug shot is equally flattering too.
-
It's the culture...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#666379 Jun 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay out of womens VAGINAS you pig
lily is on the rag this morning...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#666380 Jun 21, 2012
what did Obama know about Fast and Furious and the murder of border agent Terry and when did he know it???...

nobody died at the Watergate...

impeach Obama...

Judged:

19

19

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#666381 Jun 21, 2012
How Romney Can Lose

"Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney just set himself up for a fall. He criticized President Barack Obama for a “lack of leadership” in Syria and called for arming the opposition to strongman Bashar al-Assad and for becoming more involved in his overthrow.

A leading Democratic strategist leapt to the charge and said “make my day.” This is a no lose situation for Mr. Obama. The American public is opposed 56 to 37 percent to providing weapons even to defend “safe havens” for Syrian refugees in Turkey much less in the middle of its civil war, and 77 percent oppose committing armed forces, according to the Program on International Policy Attitudes. Somehow Mr. Romney has let his neoconservative-heavy foreign policy advisors get him into an issue Independents are even more opposed to and that he cannot win. A Fox News poll shows Obama with an 11 percent advantage on foreign policy over Romney."

Read More :: http://conservative.org/how-romney-can-lose/1...

Judged:

21

21

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#666382 Jun 21, 2012
Ten Bogus Green Companies Aided By Obama Go Bankrupt:
-
Ten bogus "Green" companies after given Billions of dollars in cronie dollars by a sellout obama go bankrupt...
-
Solyndra Collapse a 'Waste' of Half a Billion By Obama, cost taxpayers $535 million. Solyndra the target of a federal criminal investigation aimed at determining whether the company was awarded the massive loan thanks to undue political influence by Obama.
-
Evergreen Solar Inc.(ESLR), a maker of electricity generating solar panels, filed bankruptcy with plans to sell itself at an auction in order to pay creditors owed $485.6 million.
-
Ener1, an obama company that makes rechargeable batteries for electric cars filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy today. The company was the recipient of a $118 million Department of Energy Grant.
-
Beacon Power Corp., an energy storage company that received $43 million in backing from obama, up in smoke.
-
Range Fuels a company that was supposedly going to turn wood chips in to bio-fuels. Range was the recipient of over $162 million in federal grants and loan guarantees cost.
-
Energy Conversion Devices, aided by obama files for bankruptcy: In the latest setback for the solar energy industry, Auburn Hills-based Energy Conversion Devices said today that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and intends to sell its assets, including its main subsidiary United Solar Ovonic.
-
Blythe Solar Power Project Bankrupt *$2.1 billion of Obama Crony handouts.
-
Abound Solor Energy - Bankrupt...
-
First Solar Will Cut 30% of Workforce, Shutter Plants * Received $3 BILLION in Obama cronie handouts.
-
Solar Trust of America LLC, which holds the development rights for the world's largest solar power project. bankrupt. Largest solar power project in the world.$2.1 billion of conditional loan guarantees from the US Department of Energy up in smoke."
-
And every week brings a new story of a Welfare Greens Job company declaring bankruptcy, Obama the Corporatist-in-Chief increasing Americas carbon footprint by sending huge piles of wasted taxpayers money up in smoke...
-
Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

19

19

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#666383 Jun 21, 2012
The Republican “Bench” Isn’t as Deep as It Looks

"Republicans only seem to have a much deeper “bench” among elected officials because they currently don’t control the White House and because they have a tendency to over-promote new and under-qualified politicians for higher office."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#666384 Jun 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
How Romney Can Lose
"Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney just set himself up for a fall. He criticized President Barack Obama for a “lack of leadership” in Syria and called for arming the opposition to strongman Bashar al-Assad and for becoming more involved in his overthrow.
A leading Democratic strategist leapt to the charge and said “make my day.” This is a no lose situation for Mr. Obama. The American public is opposed 56 to 37 percent to providing weapons even to defend “safe havens” for Syrian refugees in Turkey much less in the middle of its civil war, and 77 percent oppose committing armed forces, according to the Program on International Policy Attitudes. Somehow Mr. Romney has let his neoconservative-heavy foreign policy advisors get him into an issue Independents are even more opposed to and that he cannot win. A Fox News poll shows Obama with an 11 percent advantage on foreign policy over Romney."
Read More :: http://conservative.org/how-romney-can-lose/1...
it's the economy, stupid...

besides, Obama is encouraging the war in Syria by demanding that Assad step down....

look for Obama to bomb Syria in the October surprise...

Judged:

20

20

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#666385 Jun 21, 2012
Funny how … familiar this sounds:

President Obama asserted executive privilege over documents related to the “Fast and Furious” operation Wednesday as a House panel moved to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt after he failed to hand over documents related to a congressional inquiry into the scandal.

In a letter sent to Obama late Tuesday, Holder urged Obama to exert executive privilege, because sharing internal documents with lawmakers could “have significant, damaging consequences.”

Why, it was only yesterday that:

President Bush invoked executive privilege for the first time Thursday to keep Congress from seeing documents of prosecutors’ decision-making in cases ranging from decades-old Boston murders to the Clinton-era fund-raising probe.

The administration informed a House committee of the decision prior to a congressional hearing Thursday on the Boston case involving the FBI’s handling of informants.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#666386 Jun 21, 2012
Nobama wrote:
what did Obama know about Fast and Furious and the murder of border agent Terry and when did he know it???...
nobody died at the Watergate...
impeach Obama...
A sellout Obama will now fix and throw his re-election and by design become a one term president... Four more years of sellout is not hope and change for obama...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

19

18

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Jean

Highland, NY

#666388 Jun 21, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, you will find the story of the Nativity in the book of Luke.
I wish you could comprehend that we have always been considered a Christian nation. We historically have invoked the name of God and his blessings upon our nation. Our presidents still say God bless America after every speech. The majority of Americans claim to be a Christian. The Ten Commandments are etched in wood on the walls of the highest court in our land. The nation collectively turns their eyes toward God for solice and comfort at times when America is brought to her knees such as on 9/11. Our very core of beliefs as a nation that all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights is the foundation on which this nation was formed.
The person of Jesus Christ is recognized worldwide as the most influential presence on all of mankind. Christians throughout the world recognize Christmas as a day of celebration of his birth. Whether you personally believe he was who he said he was doesn't change that.
Christmas is not only a national holiday but a worldwide holiday. Secularists have their own way of celebrating the holiday with winter songs and festivities and even Christians take part in it. But to deny Christians their way of celebrating it when it's a Christian holiday is intolerance towards those who do believe and it's also unconstitutional.
Who is denying Christians their way of celebrating their holiday Carol?
Try reading the part of the Bible that contains the Ten Commandments . It's actually simple enough for someone like you to understand . It's just really, really hard to be a republican and follow them.

Judged:

21

21

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#666389 Jun 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Funny how … familiar this sounds:
President Obama asserted executive privilege over documents related to the “Fast and Furious” operation Wednesday as a House panel moved to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt after he failed to hand over documents related to a congressional inquiry into the scandal.
In a letter sent to Obama late Tuesday, Holder urged Obama to exert executive privilege, because sharing internal documents with lawmakers could “have significant, damaging consequences.”
Why, it was only yesterday that:
President Bush invoked executive privilege for the first time Thursday to keep Congress from seeing documents of prosecutors’ decision-making in cases ranging from decades-old Boston murders to the Clinton-era fund-raising probe.
The administration informed a House committee of the decision prior to a congressional hearing Thursday on the Boston case involving the FBI’s handling of informants.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
You are a birther/Foxbot... You are a sellout SonicMoron: Hello... This is Juan Crow.. I hired him to copy and paste my birther/Foxbot opinions and homework...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#666390 Jun 21, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightwing liar.
That's redundant.

Judged:

19

19

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#666391 Jun 21, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the economy, stupid...
besides, Obama is encouraging the war in Syria by demanding that Assad step down....
look for Obama to bomb Syria in the October surprise...
A 'Bush league' move?

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

Judged:

20

19

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#666392 Jun 21, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still rescuing stray dogs? Jean is back on Topix and snarling at everybody. Missed her distemper shots. Maybe you could take Jean in as a rescue and get her a vet checkup. When you go to get her take your sturdiest muzzle.
Jean is understandably reacting to the constant flow of lies from the stupid. The few of you who aren't stupid feed them the lies to keep the stupid in a froth and ready to vote your neocon agenda.

Y'all ain't foolin' nobody.

(except the ones you fool of course)

Judged:

21

20

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#666393 Jun 21, 2012
Willard the Liar:

the Romney campaign has directly asked Gov. Rick Scott (R-FL) to “tone down” his positive statements about Florida’s improving economy because they inconveniently clash with Romney’s national narrative. Two campaign officials confirmed that Scott has been asked to instead say that his state’s economy would improve under a Republican presidency, Bloomberg News reports:

http://thinkprogress.org/...

Judged:

19

18

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#666394 Jun 21, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is denying Christians their way of celebrating their holiday Carol?
Try reading the part of the Bible that contains the Ten Commandments . It's actually simple enough for someone like you to understand . It's just really, really hard to be a republican and follow them.
Kosher Jean from the Jewish Alps educating Carol on Christianity....

what a joke...

Jean from Queens made more sense when she was dead and posting as Yepperz...

what a freakin zombie...

take a hike, bobo (whatever that means)...

Judged:

19

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#666395 Jun 21, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is denying Christians their way of celebrating their holiday Carol?
Try reading the part of the Bible that contains the Ten Commandments . It's actually simple enough for someone like you to understand . It's just really, really hard to be a republican and follow them.
Is it Christmas in June?

Bill O'Reilly said the bad guys are cancelling Christmas?
Must be getting a head start.
Yes Vagina, there is a Christmas.

Judged:

18

17

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
killtaker

United States

#666396 Jun 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap.
Thousands of small business suffer higher health insurance costs because they are too small to get thew best deals. These companies would have access to the exchanges which would save them money.
Small businesses hire when they have demand for their products.
Crap?

Do you disagree because you know something we don't know or is it because of personal beliefs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A true leader, Hillary clears a bar set high 2 min Bama Yankee 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Abe 233,790
News Case dismissed against Cumberland County parent... (Feb '14) 58 min CaughtInTheCrossh... 29
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr porkmo 10,563
News Mark Cuban endorses Hillary Clinton 1 hr Responsibility 3
News VP contenders Pence, Kaine to campaign in NC ne... 1 hr Rob 1
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr JODECKO 266
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Yeah 391,852
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 4 hr Lock Him Up 30
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 hr dp cassie 5,787
More from around the web