Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263604 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 12

Bennettsville, SC

#664442 Jun 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are only for democracy when certain people win elections.
America is a Constitutional Republic!!!!!!!!!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#664443 Jun 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Same tired old excuse.
You've still not even come close to demonstrating how they somehow "get it" now.
When I hear them talk I hear:
"More government"
"More spending"
"More debt"
You hear:
"We promise we won't fu ck you over like we did the last several times if you'll just give us this one more chance."
How retarded do you have to be to fall for that every time?
Never mind, I know.
Man, you've got it bad for carol.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664445 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pay taxes.
Great.You just tay the f...in your house bobo. No electricity water, phone. Stay off the roads, out of our schools, and businesses, courts, airports...no meds and foods other than what ypu grow yourself with rainwater or your own well. All these goods and services and much more are subsidized by ourtaxes. You republicans all stay home .that would be just great.
That's all I've ever done Jean..pay pay pay...just what I'm supposed to..even OVERLy generous at times.

NO MORE TAXES.
Get it from the leeches and tics. Let us know how that works for ya.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664446 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Just like Palin sunk the ticket last time,
Millions of Republicans will FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA,
AGAIN!!!
just like last time, heee heee haaa haaa fffff you!
F*ck being poor and a loser like you for life, a total idiot with your hand always out moron... We need more rich!!! GFY...
-
It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664447 Jun 18, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Finish the quote.
Now that's funny. I right winger complaining about quotes being taken out of context.

I understand Mitt was saying he doesn't worry about them because there is a safety net. I think he actually called it a good safety net.

A couple of points.

1) Why isn't he concerned with getting them out of poverty.

2) For a man who runs commercials on "The private sector is fine" deserves to have his comments be taken out of context.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#664448 Jun 18, 2012
Fox News misrepresented a quote by President Obama to accuse him of hypocrisy over an investigation of possible national security leaks.

The Fox & Friends co-hosts claimed that Obama had called for a special counsel to investigate the leak of the identity of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame when he said that "a special counsel will ensure the public's confidence in the investigation and prosecution and help to restore its faith in our government." In fact, the quote came in the context of the Jack Abramoff investigation, and the Bush administration rebuffed calls for a special counsel in that case.

Indeed, Obama was not even a U.S. senator at the time a special counsel was appointed to investigate the Plame leak.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201206180005

And the FOX apology tour continues. Naturally.
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#664449 Jun 18, 2012
100 Rounds of golf on the wall, 100 rounds of golf.
You take one down, go play a round

and there's 99 rounds of golf on the wall. 99 rounds of golf. You take one down, go play a round.

and there's 98 rounds of golf on the wall......

Guess that is more fun than fixing the economy. Hey, let's go explode some drones after golf, it's the best video game ever.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664450 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
You're referring of course to people like you hypocrite Kentuckian welfare queens who haven't ever paid your fair share of taxes. Stay in our house and eat your money.
Sorry nutcase, I have MANY, many years in, of paying taxes. ALL my jobs have ALWAYS been ABOVE the tables, and that is how I! have always operated.

HONESTLY, DECENTLY and with INTEGRITY.

No "welfare" here Jean.

I ALWAYS worked-- and earned MY keep (as well as contributed to others).

Might want to have that crazy "eating money" thing checked out by your mental health ppl though--that just isn't normal Jean. Not normal at all.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664451 Jun 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News misrepresented a quote by President Obama to accuse him of hypocrisy over an investigation of possible national security leaks.
The Fox & Friends co-hosts claimed that Obama had called for a special counsel to investigate the leak of the identity of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame when he said that "a special counsel will ensure the public's confidence in the investigation and prosecution and help to restore its faith in our government." In fact, the quote came in the context of the Jack Abramoff investigation, and the Bush administration rebuffed calls for a special counsel in that case.
Indeed, Obama was not even a U.S. senator at the time a special counsel was appointed to investigate the Plame leak.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201206180005
And the FOX apology tour continues. Naturally.
Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

11

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#664452 Jun 18, 2012
"Michael Steele and Lanny Davis are quick to admit they are reformed sinners.

When Steele was the Republican Party chairman, and Davis a strategist for the embattled Clinton White House, they were both unabashed partisan warriors, embracing their mission of sticking it to the other side.

Now they are joining forces—politically and in business—to urge their parties to tone down the negativity and personal attacks.

“We’re not saying ‘Kumbaya,’” Steele tells me.“We’re not saying, can we all hold hands and sit around the campfire.” But he insists that “people have grown tired” of the daily demonization.“It’s boring. It’s not entertaining any more.”...."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664453 Jun 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hateful individual.
Really!! I've had some wonderful, VERY enriching experiences with U of I grads!!

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#664454 Jun 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they had a plan and when they had the chance they put it to work:
Create the Medicare Prescription Plan
Don't fund it
Add $17 trillion in unfunded liability to Medicare.
Some plan.
So that was wrong, I agree. Now how does doubling down with Obamacare make the situation better???
1 post removed

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664456 Jun 18, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it "democracy" when Obama forced Mubarak out?


Are you telling me Mubarak was democratically elected?

How did Obama force him out?

Are you saying we should not support democracy in nations where there is a friendly dictator?

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664457 Jun 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"Michael Steele and Lanny Davis are quick to admit they are reformed sinners.
When Steele was the Republican Party chairman, and Davis a strategist for the embattled Clinton White House, they were both unabashed partisan warriors, embracing their mission of sticking it to the other side.
Now they are joining forces—politically and in business—to urge their parties to tone down the negativity and personal attacks.
“We’re not saying ‘Kumbaya,’” Steele tells me.“We’re not saying, can we all hold hands and sit around the campfire.” But he insists that “people have grown tired” of the daily demonization.“It’s boring. It’s not entertaining any more.”...."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...
Majority Leaders Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Congress you idiot..
-
The crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid cooked up and produced nothing but poison for America when W was in office, something even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you moron...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664458 Jun 18, 2012
HIRE the GOP wrote:
<quoted text> It IS just you, and the other dwindling Obamabots-in-denial.
"HIRE the GOP"

lol
:-)

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#664459 Jun 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I love about you right wingers.
You are so sure your information is correct.
Who told you this????
1) He was hired by a church based group to be a cimmunity organizer. Not a public sector job.
2) He worked for a privately owned law firm between law school & the IL State Senate.
3) He worked as Lecturer at the University of Chicago, A private educational institution.
4) We was self employed as an author, making millions of dollars.
There are 4.
So how did you get so stupid?
Wow, that résumé might qualify one to be a teacher.
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664460 Jun 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it & ignored it.
You basically said "Other than the good check ups do, they are a waste of money"
screenings and check ups are two different things....

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Reading, PA

#664461 Jun 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how high do your "air rights" go as a property owner?
Shall I file suit against the aircraft that fly over my property.
How about those spy satellites.
Shall I file suit against Google Earth?
yes, if they use the information in any criminal or civil suit...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664463 Jun 18, 2012
Peppy wrote:
100 Rounds of golf on the wall, 100 rounds of golf.
You take one down, go play a round
and there's 99 rounds of golf on the wall. 99 rounds of golf. You take one down, go play a round.
and there's 98 rounds of golf on the wall......
Guess that is more fun than fixing the economy. Hey, let's go explode some drones after golf, it's the best video game ever.
100 sqft of brush on the wall
100 square feet of brush
Cut it down, haul it away
another 100 square feet of brush on the wall.

I guess that was more fun that being concerned about terrorism.

Lets make up lies & invade Iraq. We have plenty ff soldiers to spare.

Wow, a round of golf every two weeks.

How pitiful that you find this something to complain about.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664464 Jun 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, if they use the information in any criminal or civil suit...
You will lose that law suit.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 7 min Don Barros Serrano 2,937
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min thetruth 10,814
News Stressful times for low-polling Republicans who... 10 min Le Jimbo 16
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Enter 194,565
Time to go? 24 min jimi-yank 2,502
News Clinton Slams 'New York Times' Over False ... 25 min Your Ex 17
News Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton lead One Ameri... 41 min Mitt s Santorum S... 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 49 min sandy1 336,690
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 190,179
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 2 hr Le Jimbo 50
More from around the web