Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1348956 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#663390 Jun 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> That's what you think.
"silly"
The poster "Nobama" believes we are a nation of laws and that not even the president can subvert those laws. Unfortunately our current president has no respect for American law. For a couple of votes he will subvert the law. You do realize that we do have immigration laws? That there is a legal way to migrate to this country?
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663391 Jun 15, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing lying is you on the floor, because you haven't been able to crawl back to your liquor cabinet.
So do you or don't you tell your mother to service your dad like a good little b-ch too?

The reason I ask is because decent men don't say things to other women they wouldn't say to their mother. Or grandmother. Or sister. Or daughter.

Of course, if you were abused as a child or raised by unfit parents, you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. It's the first step to recovery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663392 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text> lily needs the "chillin" to pay her future welfare bills, to say nothing of her liquor bill.
So do you or don't you tell your mother to service your dad like a good little b-ch too?

The reason I ask is because decent men don't say things to other women they wouldn't say to their mother. Or grandmother. Or sister. Or daughter.

Of course, if you were abused as a child or raised by unfit parents, you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. It's the first step to recovery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663393 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text> And in your case, hero to drunks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#663394 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the transparency again...or lack thereof.
He had two years of a majority congress to try and make this grand announcement he made today (just five months before the election) a reality.
Instead, he uses this very important issue as a political gimmick to get Hispanics' votes and blame republicans.
He cares nothing about this or gay marriage. He cares about his reelection.
The Kenyan Snake is 100% about image. He will suck up to anybody who can promote his political ambitions and put money in his pocket. From one side of his mouth, he bashes rich people in political speeches to the unmoored minds of the progressive proletariat but then holds $40,000 a plate dinners for business people and places crooked ones on his laughable list of "Councils" where he speaks from the other side of his mouth about "revitalizing America".

The web has been plastered with Obamacrap for the past year or so and increasingly as we approach the election. He makes the culture rounds on late night TV singing Al Green and Justin Beiber. Shows up with Liberal Cuddles on The View. His ugly wife shows up in designer clothes for a 20 year old looking like a North End Chicago hooker to sidle up to the barely post pubescent crowds of naive voters.... and now this - sucking up to Mexican Americans and illegals. The Uber Goober would prostitute his own kids for a vote if it wasn't illegal and, even then, if an executive order could do an end-run, he would.

These folks are not at all Presidential material. They are an historical embarrassment and the sooner we put them behind us, the sooner we can forget they ever existed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663395 Jun 15, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
The poster "Nobama" believes we are a nation of laws and that not even the president can subvert those laws. Unfortunately our current president has no respect for American law. For a couple of votes he will subvert the law. You do realize that we do have immigration laws? That there is a legal way to migrate to this country?
Peace
Nobama is a dolt

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663396 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You wrote: "The reason I ask is because decent men don't say things to other women they wouldn't say to their mother. Or grandmother. Or sister. Or daughter."

How do you know this? You've never known a decent man in your life or been with one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663397 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of it is white.
The Right Side.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663398 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The President is brilliant!!!
Only when he uses Tooth Whitener.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663399 Jun 15, 2012
. Romney attacked Governor Rick Perry for supporting the DREAM Act, calling it a “magnet for illegal immigration.”: In a Florida GOP debate, Romney accused Governor Rick Perry of engendering a “magnet” in Texas by allowing the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition. Romney maintained that even though many children had no part in their families’ decisions to immigrate to the United States, they should not be able to have the same academic opportunities as their peers.[September 2011, USA Today]

2. Romney pledged to veto the DREAM Act: In December, Mitt Romney promised to veto the DREAM Act if he were elected president. Then during a January GOP debate, Romney called allowing any undocumented workers to gain permanent residency “a mistake.”[December 2011, ABC News]

3. Romney promised to make life so miserable for undocumented immigrants that they would “self-deport.”: At the Florida Republican Debate, Romney said that he would enforce stringent documentation policies that would make it difficult for illegal immigrations to find work, eventually spurring them to “self-deport.” According to Romney,“If people don’t get work here they’re going to self-deport to a place where they can get work.”[January 2012, Huffington Post]
Romney rebuffed undocumented young woman who was brought to the U.S. at age 10 and had a 4.0 grade-point average: Romney had a particularly awkward encounter when an undocumented worker demanded to know why he wouldn’t support the DREAM Act. After the young woman informed Romney of her 4.0 grade point average, the former governor was quickly ushered away by aides.[January 2012, The Hill]

5. Romney consults author of extreme anti-immigrant legislation on immigration issues: Romney consults Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State and author of harsh immigration laws in Arizona, South Carolina, and Alabama, as an advisor. Kobach is a controversial figure who has become the leading spokesman of the hardcore anti-immigration movement

http://thinkprogress.org/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663400 Jun 15, 2012
WASHINGTON, DC — Dr. Richard Land, a top conservative evangelical leader, came out strongly in favor of President Obama’s new immigration policy today, slamming Republicans who would call the move “amnesty.”

On the same day that President Obama announced a plan to give young undocumented people the ability to work in the United States, Land told ThinkProgress at the Faith & Freedom Conference in Washington, D.C. that Mitt Romney and other Republican leaders need to take a hard look at their own stances on immigration issues, especially in regard to youth “haven’t done anything wrong.”

Providing help to kids is far from “amnesty,” Land argued, and people calling it that “need a course in remedial English.” He also encouraged Mitt Romney and Congress to embrace the President’s policy:
STRASSER: I know you were talking about the idea of calling it amnesty and you were saying it isn’t amnesty because…

LAND: They haven’t done anything wrong. In order to get amnesty, you’ve got to have done something wrong. These young people are innocent. They haven’t done anything wrong. To me, this is the low-lying fruit of immigration reform. This ought to be something we can all unite around. They have to have been under 16 when they got here, they got to be under 30. He’s not granting citizenship, he’s granting a pathway to legal status. He’s making it so they’re protected from being deported and they can get on with their lives and their education with serving in the military. Investing themselves in our nation and our nation’s future. Who can be against that?

KEYES: What’s your reaction to people who call this amnesty?

LAND: They need a course in remedial English. It’s not amnesty.

STRASSER: Do you have any advice?

LAND: Yeah, I would say to the Romney campaign, this is the right thing to do. You should applaud the president for doing the right thing and encourage Congress to follow up by codifying it into law.
http://thinkprogress.org/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663401 Jun 15, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "The reason I ask is because decent men don't say things to other women they wouldn't say to their mother. Or grandmother. Or sister. Or daughter."
How do you know this? You've never known a decent man in your life or been with one.
I am beginning to sense you are a lonely teenager and, perhaps, lacking in social skills or have something disfiguring like acne, and feel extremely frustrated with the world, but there are people who can help you.

No matter what you're going through right now, this too shall pass. Hang in there. Tell yourself to "keep on swimming" and let others reach out to help you. You will get through this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663402 Jun 15, 2012
Right wing Nutjobs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's my position.
carol wrote:
I'm not a racist h0re.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663403 Jun 15, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"warming"?
You get "warm" reading my expose' of your perverted life, twisted social views and political nonsense?
Get off on punishment, eh?
Well, I have no control over your twisted fantasies.
Go lick used doorknobs for all I care. It would be Progressive.
I am beginning to sense you are a lonely teenager and, perhaps, lacking in social skills or have something disfiguring like acne, and feel extremely frustrated with the world, but there are people who can help you.

No matter what you're going through right now, this too shall pass. Hang in there. Tell yourself to "keep on swimming" and let others reach out to help you. You will get through this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663404 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
No Carol, you've got it all wrong. He does care about people and is willing to risk his re election to do the right thing.
Why doesn't Romney say he will repeal this decision and deport everyone if he is elected?
Because it's election time, stupid. The Kenyan Snake is pandering to people who exhibit highly illegal behavior to garner votes. The Kenyan Snake has done this sort of thing before and knows that it works.

Romney wants to take the high road but will have to counter the evil of Obama other means. Silence at the appropriate moment is helpful when dealing with a con-man like Uber Goober.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663405 Jun 15, 2012
President Obama's decision to stop deporting law-abiding undocumented immigrants who were brought to this country as young children is being widely lauded. Some of the expressions of support come from places you wouldn't necessarily expect. The Republican attorney general of Utah, a Mitt Romney supporter, spoke to Greg Sargent, telling him, "This is clearly within the president’s power ... I was pleased when the president announced it." Hispanic Republican group Somos Republicans "would like to thank President Barack Obama for showing a Christian compassionate view toward our DREAM Act children. This is a stepping stone in the right direction and towards legal immigration reform."

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), the author of the DREAM Act, called Obama's announcement "an historic humanitarian moment." Many Democrats also pointed out that President Obama's action was necessary because Republicans blocked the DREAM Act, and called for comprehensive immigration reform:
http://dailykos.com/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663406 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text> You forgot about the Dream Act? I think it is the right thing to do and am proud of President Obama for standing up for humanity, no matter the cost.
President Obama; hero to students, women, veterans, gays, the elderly, the working class.
You forgot to add crooked businesses.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed
Nobody you know

Tampa, FL

#663408 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
WOW !!! The most classic case of "pot calling the kettle black"
that I have ever seen, especially from Topix most low-life Commie skank.

Lapeer, MI

#663409 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
It's not only about Hispanics Carol. Not all white people are hateful and against amnesty. You'd be surprised about how many people who are compassionate and realistic are in favor of this, and the Dream Act and amnesty and gay rights.
But, by all means, I would be thrilled if Romney went far right and condemned this and pledged to begin mass deportation if elected. Go for it.
You can go ahead and be compassionate and stupid.

Myself, I'm going to pursue legality, pragmatism and intelligence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#663410 Jun 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, due to circumstances beyond our control even lying liars get to spout their BS.
And you take full advantage of it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 5 min nacilbipernomo 4,509
Time to go? (Jun '15) 6 min Noresources 8,003
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Critical Eye 187,612
News Cruz ready to lead '2nd Reagan revolution' 11 min MarkJ- 12
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 12 min Memo From Turner 3,202
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min ben 207,775
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min freebird 371,118
News FBI 'ready to indict' Hillary Clinton, Tom Dela... 22 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1,088
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 214,128
News MSNBCa S Scarborough blasts Albright, Steinem f... 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 129
More from around the web