Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275000 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

JEB

United States

#663346 Jun 15, 2012
Reporting from Milford, N.H., and Washington Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney suggested Friday that he was open to helping young illegal immigrants but said the new policy announced Friday by the Obama administration to suspend their deportations complicates efforts to find a permanent solution.

I believe the status of young people who come here through no fault of their own is an important matter to be considered and should be solved on a long-term basis so they know what their future would be in this country," Romney told reporters after a rally in New Hampshire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#663347 Jun 15, 2012
Right Wing Nutjobs wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning....weirdo.
I am beginning to sense you are a lonely teenager and, perhaps, lacking in social skills or have something disfiguring like acne, and feel extremely frustrated with the world, but there are people who can help you.

No matter what you're going through right now, this too shall pass. Hang in there. Tell yourself to "keep on swimming" and let others reach out to help you. You will get through this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Right Wing Nutjobs

Burlington, MA

#663348 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I always tell my mother to service my dad like a good little wh0re.
Because I am always available to service my man like the good little wh0re that I am. Like mother, like daughter. Now I'm off to the kitchen to make my man a sandwich like the good little b!tch tha I am. Woof!
Good for you.
carol

Windermere, FL

#663349 Jun 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, you've got it all wrong. He does care about people and is willing to risk his re election to do the right thing.
Why doesn't Romney say he will repeal this decision and deport everyone if he is elected?
Why wasn't it the right thing a year or two years ago? Why is it the right thing five months before the election and when things are going badly for his campaign?

It's a political gimmick, Lily. Some would say a brilliant political gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.

Deporting children who have become a part of the American mainstream because their parents broke the law certainly isn't fair. But using this issue at this particular time is unseemly transparent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#663350 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
No Carol, you've got it all wrong. He does care about people and is willing to risk his re election to do the right thing.
Why doesn't Romney say he will repeal this decision and deport everyone if he is elected?
Obama is an arrogant egomaniac who cares only about himself. He does not care about what is best for our country. Our country can't survive another term of Obama's destructive anti-America radical left wing agenda or his contempt for our citizens and The Constitution.
fred

Aiken, SC

#663351 Jun 15, 2012
JEB wrote:
Reporting from Milford, N.H., and Washington Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney suggested Friday that he was open to helping young illegal immigrants but said the new policy announced Friday by the Obama administration to suspend their deportations complicates efforts to find a permanent solution.
I believe the status of young people who come here through no fault of their own is an important matter to be considered and should be solved on a long-term basis so they know what their future would be in this country," Romney told reporters after a rally in New Hampshire.
We right wingers will correct President Romney and demand that every illegal alien be deported. Including the Kenyan lizard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663352 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wasn't it the right thing a year or two years ago? Why is it the right thing five months before the election and when things are going badly for his campaign?
It's a political gimmick, Lily. Some would say a brilliant political gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.
Deporting children who have become a part of the American mainstream because their parents broke the law certainly isn't fair. But using this issue at this particular time is unseemly transparent.
You forgot about the Dream Act? I think it is the right thing to do and am proud of President Obama for standing up for humanity, no matter the cost.
President Obama; hero to students, women, veterans, gays, the elderly, the working class.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663353 Jun 15, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is an arrogant egomaniac who cares only about himself. He does not care about what is best for our country. Our country can't survive another term of Obama's destructive anti-America radical left wing agenda or his contempt for our citizens and The Constitution.
Pfffttt. will Romney come out and say he is in favor of mass deportation?
LOL, you're a fool. Romney got punked! The President is brilliant@!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Aiken, SC

#663354 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The lazy Kenyan and the greedy First Wookie only care about themselves.

America gets it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#663355 Jun 15, 2012
That's right, Carol,
I don't have a dog in this fight.
But Lily does.
loose
carol

Windermere, FL

#663356 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The President is brilliant!!!
Brilliantly transparent - but not in a good way.

This issue is like a lifesaver being thrown to a drowning man. He's holding on to it for dear life. It's all he's got to keep from going under. It's not exactly the best float when he's got a long way to go.

This tactic might sway a few Hispanics who were sitting on the fence, but the American people have wised up a bit. We recognize a drowning man clinging to a lifesaver when we see one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663357 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you or don't you tell your mother to service your dad like a good little b-ch too?
The reason I ask is because decent men don't say things to other women they wouldn't say to their mother. Or grandmother. Or sister. Or daughter.
Of course, if you were abused as a child or raised by unfit parents, you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. It's the first step to recovery.
Hey Eman; lookie here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#663358 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text> You forgot about the Dream Act? I think it is the right thing to do and am proud of President Obama for standing up for humanity, no matter the cost.
President Obama; hero to students, women, veterans, gays, the elderly, the working class.
President Obama is doing and saying exactly what he's told to do and say to keep the White House in the hands of those who are really running the show.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#663359 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
the President, any President, does not have the power to enact this policy....

this requires legislation by Congress...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Aiken, SC

#663360 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text> You forgot about the Dream Act? I think it is the right thing to do and am proud of President Obama for standing up for humanity, no matter the cost.
The Kenyan's communist coup needs voter massive voter fraud to succeed.

America gets it

ps

America demands that all illegal aliens be rounded up and deported. And their anchor brats too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663361 Jun 15, 2012
JEB wrote:
Some Republicans in Congress and the governor of Arizona, whose state has been at the center of enforcement controversy strongly criticized the Obama action.
But the response from Romney was more muted.
Romney said Obama's decision will make finding a long-term solution to the nation's immigration issues more difficult. But he also said the plight of illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children is "an important matter to be considered."
Ok, so Romney has a choice here: Come out and say that all illegals and their children will be deported en masse one day one of his Presidency if he were to win; or, he can say, he will grant amnesty to all of them.!!
I'd say, President Obama has jacked Mitt up against the wall on this one!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663362 Jun 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliantly transparent - but not in a good way.
This issue is like a lifesaver being thrown to a drowning man. He's holding on to it for dear life. It's all he's got to keep from going under. It's not exactly the best float when he's got a long way to go.
This tactic might sway a few Hispanics who were sitting on the fence, but the American people have wised up a bit. We recognize a drowning man clinging to a lifesaver when we see one.
It's not only about Hispanics Carol. Not all white people are hateful and against amnesty. You'd be surprised about how many people who are compassionate and realistic are in favor of this, and the Dream Act and amnesty and gay rights.

But, by all means, I would be thrilled if Romney went far right and condemned this and pledged to begin mass deportation if elected. Go for it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#663363 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Pfffttt. will Romney come out and say he is in favor of mass deportation?
LOL, you're a fool. Romney got punked! The President is brilliant@!
Romney will handle this with the same rational approach he's handled everything else.

He'll let Obama think he won this battle until reasoning prevails again. But the war, figuratively speaking, is far from over.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#663364 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok, so Romney has a choice here: Come out and say that all illegals and their children will be deported en masse one day one of his Presidency if he were to win; or, he can say, he will grant amnesty to all of them.!!
I'd say, President Obama has jacked Mitt up against the wall on this one!
it's the economy, stupid...

and illegal aliens are taking jobs from American citizens...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#663365 Jun 15, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan's communist coup needs voter massive voter fraud to succeed.
America gets it
ps
America demands that all illegal aliens be rounded up and deported. And their anchor brats too.
Ok, will Romney do that? HA!! You're a fool. The President is brilliant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min taletha 340,740
News Palin interviews Trump -- and little happens 15 min Responsibiility 1
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 30 min thetruth 47,766
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 41 min Shizle 12,476
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min TRUMPS TAX PLAN 196,933
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 1 hr Truckdriver 105
Virginia Shooting Another Precursor To Operatio... 2 hr Scancast 1
News Donald Trump proves his hair is real 3 hr Michelle has a cock 53
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr red and right 193,540
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 3 hr Gosh 131
News As Biden weighs 2016 bid, donors so far stick b... 4 hr RunJoe 50
More from around the web