Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250147 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#657094 Jun 5, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying POS.
You only said that Obama bombing Libya was unprovoked. You aid nothing about Syria in that post.
You keep posting lies & when you get caught, you pretend you posted something else.
"Real Dumb"
One more time you lie. The bombing of Libya was unprovoked. The United States should not be the worlds policeman. I did "aid" something about Syria, I asked why Libya and not Syria. I can understand with your lack of comprehension skills you missed that.
Peace
KMA
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#657095 Jun 5, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Good chance that LOL read it as Obama schools chief.
No Bawney lips ... another "public" school scandal. They are becoming a dime a dozen. LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#657096 Jun 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should retard:
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
That's exactly what the South was trying to do.
Looks like their loss settled the question of states' rights vs federal supremacy ... unless, of course, you'd like another Civil War.

Spokane, WA

#657097 Jun 5, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals are such hypocrites and bullies.
They make fun of everyone out of one side of their mouths while telling everyone how tolerant they are out of the other.
"Baba Yaga"
You hit the nail on the head. Folks like "silly" slam those who may dare attack gays, but she has no problem calling those she disagrees with like "Jane Says" gay.
Peace
lou

Lakewood, NJ

#657098 Jun 5, 2012
JEB wrote:
In 1992 President Clinton won because the Republican split their vote between President G H W Bush and Ross Perot.
"The Economy Stupid" was the Democratic Party slogan. Perot elected Clinton?
Ron Paul 2012?
Obama needs all the help he can get due to his failed presidency. Do they allow all his supporters in prison to vote?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#657099 Jun 5, 2012
lou wrote:
<quoted text> Obama needs all the help he can get due to his failed presidency. Do they allow all his supporters in prison to vote?
They'll need a proper photo ID in PA ... that should slow them down.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#657100 Jun 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
* Slavery was not Justice.
* Enslaving fellow citizens did not ensure domestic tranquility.
* Slavery was not promoting the general welfare for the citizens.
* Slavery did not secure the blessings of liberty to those extant citizens
and their posterity.
Idiot.
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...."
* Governments are instituted among men ...just not black men, idiot.
* Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the
governed...just not the black ones, idiot.
You have got one very twisted version of reality floating around inside your fishbowl head, dood.
I don't dispute that slavery was an abomination but the very document you quote legalized it. Again, Lincoln's intent was not to abolish slavery at the outset of the war, it only became politically expedient to do so later. From an earlier speech he quoted in his first inaugural address:

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

Location hidden

#657101 Jun 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When those grey uniforms attacked Fort Sumter, all further casualties they suffered were of their own making. The same was true from the North's decision to engage the South.
For you to lay blame on Lincoln's shoulders for all Civil War deaths is a burst of juvenile naivete in a JHS history class.
How old *are* you anyways? Seriously?
Does your father know that you're using his laptop?
You quoted it yourself:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...."

Clearly the Union did not have the consent of the South, Ft. Sumter was in Southern territory and as they had seceded had no warrant to be there. It was the garrison of a foreign occupying power.

"consent of the governed"

Doesn't say "consent of the governed that has been forced to consent at gunpoint".

Spokane, WA

#657102 Jun 5, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's scared the brown people will get together!
"silly"
Why are you such a racist?
Peace
eugene ledbetter

Milan, TN

#657103 Jun 5, 2012
obama the first president with pubic hair on his head.

Location hidden

#657104 Jun 5, 2012
JEB wrote:
In 1992 President Clinton won because the Republican split their vote between President G H W Bush and Ross Perot.
"The Economy Stupid" was the Democratic Party slogan. Perot elected Clinton?
Ron Paul 2012?
Nice myth but it isn't true, Bush got more votes than there were registered Republicans.

Location hidden

#657105 Jun 5, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like their loss settled the question of states' rights vs federal supremacy ... unless, of course, you'd like another Civil War.
Yeah and I can't help but notice how quickly the right wingers dig in to defend federal supremacy.

Government just can't get too big or too powerful for the teabaggers.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#657106 Jun 5, 2012
eugene ledbetter wrote:
Not a great picture but you have pubic hair that looks like the presidents hair?

I got a potato chip that looks like Nixon. I thought I had something but yours is worth display at the carnival.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#657107 Jun 5, 2012
eugene ledbetter wrote:
If your balls look like his ears, your worth millions. Get insured.
Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#657108 Jun 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted it yourself:
Clearly the Union did not have the consent of the South, Ft. Sumter was in Southern territory and as they had seceded had no warrant to be there. It was the garrison of a foreign occupying power.
"consent of the governed"
Doesn't say "consent of the governed that has been forced to consent at gunpoint".
Just remember, most of these folks you've been teaching think their navel is a war wound. They now have them pierced and a Tattoo with a wreath around it.
Molon Labe

San Antonio, TX

#657109 Jun 5, 2012
So is 0bummer considered gay? I believe time magizine called him the first gay president. I think he is. He has had gay sex with men. Larry sinclair was his lover, they used cocain and larry would suck him off. Pretty gay.

Spokane, WA

#657110 Jun 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're really fu ck in' stupid aren't ya Eed?(rhetorical question)
Did I make any distinction about the nature of the casualties?
No.
In fact all told, there were over a million casualties including civilians. So, Lincoln still killed more Americans than any other President ya friggin''tard.
"dumos"
You are the fucking stupid one in this discussion. First you said there were more combat casualties in the Civil War than WW2, now you dance and dodge. For your information Lincoln did not kill a single person. Period. Just like FDR, LBJ and Truman did not kill a single person. I can see it coming, next you will accuse Washington of being a murder. You are a sorry sack of crap. Is president nobama a murderer for sending drones to attack and kill unsuspecting persons in pursuit terrorists? I know, I know, those drone attacks never killed an innocent. You are a phoney asshole.
Peace
KMA
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#657111 Jun 5, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't mention all the federal dollars that support "states rights" lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#657112 Jun 5, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and I can't help but notice how quickly the right wingers dig in to defend federal supremacy.
Government just can't get too big or too powerful for the teabaggers.
Step away from that red white and bwue card... you treasonous anti american!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#657113 Jun 5, 2012
Joe Biden, the gift that keeps on giving. Proving once again, liberals are nothing and can accomplish nothing with out government handouts.

"“I know, literally, Barack and I talk about it. Neither one of us would have had any shot,” Biden said.“The same with our wives. Both wives are smarter than both of us. Literally, these very accomplished women would not have any chance without some help.”"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 3 min barefoot2626 384
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 5 min barefoot2626 410
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min emrenil 168,498
News Fiorina, Carson, Huckabee Gain Ground in Poll 8 min Miss Id 32
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 8 min Ho Dee Doo 1,809
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 9 min American_Infidel 79
News How should the GOP approach immigration? 13 min xxxrayted 333
News Texas Sen. Ted Cruz not backing down on same-se... 19 min American_Infidel 42
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Taletha 332,297
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 25 min American_Infidel 421
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min LeDuped 185,942
More from around the web