Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1680401 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655204 Jun 2, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> And you seem to be flapping your lips over the bottle again! Obama is the liar; now take your shovelready job and unite the nation and improve the job situation...oh, that's right...hopey-changey was a fantasy, just like you're sobriety.
Hi Jane
fred

Bronx, NY

#655205 Jun 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Come on people. Is the kool aid really that strong?
Colin Powell demands answers over Curveball's WMD lies
Former US secretary of state asks why CIA failed to warn him over Iraqi defector who has admitted fabricating WMD evidence
"Responding to the Guardian's revelation that the source, Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi or "Curveball" as his US and German handlers called him, admitted fabricating evidence of Iraq's secret biological weapons programme, Powell said that questions should be put to the US agencies involved in compiling the case for war.
In particular he singled out the CIA and the Defence Intelligence Agency the Pentagon's military intelligence arm. Janabi, an Iraqi defector, was used as the primary source by the Bush administration to justify invading Iraq in March 2003. Doubts about his credibility circulated before the war and have been confirmed by his admission this week that he lied.
Powell said that the CIA and DIA should face questions about why they failed to sound the alarm about Janabi. He demanded to know why it had not been made clear to him that Curveball was totally unreliable before false information was put into the key intelligence assessment, or NIE, put before Congress, into the president's state of the union address two months before the war and into his own speech to the UN.
"It has been known for several years that the source called Curveball was totally unreliable," he told the Guardian . "The question should be put to the CIA and the DIA as to why this wasn't known before the false information was put into the NIE sent to Congress, the president's state of the union address and my 5 February presentation to the UN."
On 5 February 2003, a month before the invasion, Powell went before the UN security council to make the case for war. In his speech he referred to "firsthand descriptions of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails The source was an eyewitness who supervised one of these facilities". It is now known that the source, Janabi, made up the story."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/16/c...
500 tons of yellow cake uranium found in Iraq says that W prevented Saddam from acquiring nukes. Has the Kenyan lizard stopped Iran's mullahs? Not so much.

The Kenyan left wants a weak, vulnerable America.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655206 Jun 2, 2012
ADH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, these are more like nanny state ideas: We know what's best for you and you don't. Here's a bunch of rules you must now follow "for your own good".
There are far too many restrictions on our schools these days and not enough true discipline allowed.
Carol is upset that "they" aren't doing anything about bullying in schools. Who is "they" and what is the solution?

In the last few months we have had scores of stories of preachers in churches teaching hate and intolerance of gays from the pulpit; and they aren't being discreet about it.
Bullying is a learned behavior, like racism, homophobia, xenophobia, antisemitism.
What do you propose? Arresting the parents? Put the whole family in jail?
You rightwingers are confused. You say you don't favor a nanny state, yet for every problem that arrises, you say "they should do something about it", then every newly elected member of congress or state senator, comes to his position with a new proposal for a law, we have so many laws now that it's a wonder that we're not all in jail. I don't call that liberalism. I call that rightwing police state tactics.
fred

Bronx, NY

#655207 Jun 2, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I feel your pain, there's always Jesus Camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zqNLMuijRyUXX
The Kenyan's most loyal campaihgn supporters, unionized public school teacher child sex ring, strikes again.

New York Post &#8207;@NewYorkPost

Andrea Peyser: Union's lackeys kept Bronx teacher accused of having sex with student 20 years ago on the job http://nyp.st/K2M7aX
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655208 Jun 2, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> And you're full of liquor already...get over it, and vote for Romney, instead of the incompetent Obama.
Seriously Jane, you need some new material, you're boring the hell out of us. Got any homeless kicking stories to tell us?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#655209 Jun 2, 2012
ADH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, these are more like nanny state ideas: We know what's best for you and you don't. Here's a bunch of rules you must now follow "for your own good".
There are far too many restrictions on our schools these days and not enough true discipline allowed.
Exactly. The proof being "Big Gulp" Bloomberg openly admitting he wants to "force" people to make the "right" choices.
fred

Bronx, NY

#655210 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Hi Jane
Female teacher busted for smoking pot and having sex with a student in her SUV. unionized child sex ring....

New York Post &#8207;@NewYorkPost

Husband of Brooklyn teacher charged with having sex with 16-year-old wants a divorce: source http://nyp.st/K2LGgU

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#655211 Jun 2, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good Grief!! Why are libtards SO stupid?
So what happens when your upwind state decides to allow more pollution. What happens when the state up river permits pollution?

I guess you will now argue they won't? All it takes is a Republican controlled State & the environmental protection disappears with their deregulation crapola.
fred

Bronx, NY

#655212 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Carol is upset that "they" aren't doing anything about bullying in schools. Who is "they" and what is the solution?
In the last few months we have had scores of stories of preachers in churches teaching hate and intolerance of gays from the pulpit; and they aren't being discreet about it.
Bullying is a learned behavior, like racism, homophobia, xenophobia, antisemitism.
What do you propose? Arresting the parents? Put the whole family in jail?
You rightwingers are confused. You say you don't favor a nanny state, yet for every problem that arrises, you say "they should do something about it", then every newly elected member of congress or state senator, comes to his position with a new proposal for a law, we have so many laws now that it's a wonder that we're not all in jail. I don't call that liberalism. I call that rightwing police state tactics.
If the students had the right to carry a concealed weapon, there'd be less bullying. Ask the hoodie mugger Martin. Oops, ya can't.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#655213 Jun 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm sure Saddam shipped his WMD off to Iran's ally Syria.
Makes all sorts of sense.
Makes about as much sense as getting rid of your weapons when your facing an invasion.
Math, logic, history, geography, science ... is there anything y'all can get right?
Home Ec?
There were reports at the time and still reports now that the Russians did just that. There is even speculation the Syrian nuclear site the Israeli's took out a few years back was from Iraq. Get a clue dude! Take off them 'I hate Bush glasses' and see the real world.
1 post removed
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#655215 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Seriously Jane, you need some new material, you're boring the hell out of us. Got any homeless kicking stories to tell us?
You are so damn drunk so early in the day that you really think this is Jane. She should really get a laugh out of that! Bwhahahahahahahahaha...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#655216 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
What happened that hole digging?
Draining the water out of it as we speak.
1 post removed
fred

Bronx, NY

#655218 Jun 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens when your upwind state decides to allow more pollution. What happens when the state up river permits pollution?
I guess you will now argue they won't? All it takes is a Republican controlled State & the environmental protection disappears with their deregulation crapola.
The EPA is way past pollution control by regulating C02.

There is no such thing as C02 pollution. duh

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#655219 Jun 2, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hostile? Why would I be hostile. I/m not the one who is giving my money to a corporation who doesn't give a rat's ass about you and your family. i save a lot of money just by paying cash. I also save a lot of money not giving an insurance company a $1000 a month for nothing if no one gets sick. I'm only sorry that you all can't understand how brainwashed you are. But then again you are a bunch of libtards so why should I be surprised. Being led around by your nose is what you do best.
I shall not respond to this subject again.
Thank God. I'm tired of hearing how you gambled your family's financial future & depend on us to save your azz if something goes wrong.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#655220 Jun 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, cuz republicans want dirty air, water, and just to destroy the whole darn planet! Ain't that "the truth", Dave?

The "crapola" you people believe...
fred

Bronx, NY

#655221 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Little White Dove Warren, vulture capitalist. Liberal hypocrite exposed...again.

REPORT: Elizabeth Warren made fortune flipping foreclosed homes...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#655222 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
What happened that hole digging?
I thought he was moving the privy.
1 post removed
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#655224 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Wrong oh arrogant one, it is YOU who is boring the hell out of us with your unending teenagerish goof liberal nonsense.
1 post removed
fred

Bronx, NY

#655226 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
fred participated in ridiculing the lizard:

trailortrash retweeted you

#replacequotewiththingamajig Take the canolis...leave the thingamajig

Obama's "thingamajig" Co-Opted as Newest twitter Hashtag of Ridicule
Saturday, June 02, 2012
Michelle Obama's Mirror ^| 6-2-2012 | MOTUS

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#655227 Jun 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God. I'm tired of hearing how you gambled your family's financial future & depend on us to save your azz if something goes wrong.
Tell the truth you're dems brother aren't you? Stupid doesn't fall far from the tree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 2 min Doe 60
News Trump says he's 'like, really smart,' 'a very s... 2 min Retribution 390
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Just Think 17,187
News Members of Haitian community react to Trump's c... 4 min Just Think 243
News The Internet is mad at Chelsea Handler for "ant... 5 min Wondering 17
News Bannon poised to testify before US intelligence... 5 min Cordwainer Trout 2
News Trump fires back, says Durbin a misrepresenteda... 8 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Trump: a year since his election, how do voters... 8 min Cat 1,086
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr RIP 51,444
More from around the web