Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1535930 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

GOPidiots

Lake Worth, FL

#651391 May 26, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Idiot"
Romney is not the answer, but compared to our current president nobama he is by far a better choice. For crying out loud AL Bore would be a better choice, so would your choice of Larry, Curley or Moe.
Peace
KMA
your words, not mine:
Romney is not the answer.
Yeah, that's a winning slogan.
1 post removed

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#651393 May 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
ImaginaryDave, you can call Liberty and Freedom of Speech tools of white racists, too. You can also call a sunrise a sunset.
This is America and you are still free to make a fool of yourself.
You have & utilized your freedom of speech to say/post racist stuff. That is certainly your right to do so.

And its my right to say/post that you are a racist f*ck.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#651394 May 26, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Further proof of how often I've allowed Ed to make a fool of himself!!
Your anger towards me is rewarding, Ed.
You don't dare get into a discussion with me, you lerned long ago that you don't have the IQ nor the language skills to do so.
We don't even get any decent screeds out of you anymore.
"Screeds" Remember?? the one you got the meaning wrong on for 2 days!!
Ah, the memories!!
Or perhaps you could tell us all again how Bush had his Veto Pen taken away in his last 2 years in office.
You never did explain who took it from him!!
ROFLMAO!!
"nutsucker"
Anger toward you? Nah. Pity? Yah.
I now know why you changed your avatar to a blank screen, you are a blank, a phoney liar.
As usual you tell a lie, I never said Bush had his veto pen taken away, I said he lost his veto pen and said screw you America.
"nutsucker" please keep it up, your ignorance is amusing.
Peace
KMA
PS: When you used the word 'lerned' what did you mean?
GOPidiots

Lake Worth, FL

#651395 May 26, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrambling?
no...laughing!
I hope this is the kind of stuff your crowd runs on in this election.
Bush practically made love to King Abdullah, the MUSLIM King, and that's totally different! You're hilarious!
Hey, weren't the 9-11 hijackers ALL from Saudi Arabia?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#651396 May 26, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Why were you stalking a twelve-year-old again?
It's only 4 in the afternoon and you're hitting the bottle again!

This is serious.

Try having fun with it. Hold a lit candle in front of your mouth and blow your vodka mist breath onto it.....

Newville, PA

#651397 May 26, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
We are out of the ditch? Only in La La Land, the land you reside in;
- 39 straight months of plus 8% unemployment, actually closer to 12%+
- Stagnant GNP growth
- Soaring inflation, particularly on food products
- More debt under president nobama than any other president
- Housing market in the crapper, both new home starts and existing home sales
Hell we ain't in no ditch, we are in a gully.
Hey "nutsucker" go find your homosexual lover, maybe he can console you.
Peace
KMA
The unemployment rate peaked at 10.2%. That makes you a liar.

Newville, PA

#651398 May 26, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not get the fact that it's MUSLIM protocol for one MUSLIM leader to bow to anothere MUSLIM leader (the Kenyan) when greeting them??
Why would a UNITED STATES PRESIDENT bow to ANY other world leader???????
They don't.
Until now.
You total dumbass, Reagan, Bush Sr & Bush Jr all have bowed to foreign leaders.

Its called respect.

My God you right wingers are stupid.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#651399 May 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
More to the point: it is racism.
...but called "equality" & "justice" by Ultra Left Wing Social Democrat Progressive Liberal suck-azzes who need those precious votes from those getting a free ride and a free lunch.
Excellent post !

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#651400 May 26, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
24 straight months of private sector job growth
I'll take 3.0 GNP growth over what 'W' left behind, any day.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...
More debt than y any other President
FALSE!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
As for the rest, Gunner please take note.
"idiot"
Lets see;
- Unemployment rate in America the day president nobama was elected less than 7%, now 39 months of plus 8% unemployment
- Bush 5 trillion added debt in 8 years, nobama 5 trillion in added debt in 3 1/2 years, nobama as president is the man who is responsible for more than 1/3 of our total debt. It took 235 years plus to get to 10 trillion in debt, nobama has taken the debt to near 16 trillion during his term. Please inform us of which president was a bigger pisser away of the citizens monies than nobama.
Peace
KMA

Newville, PA

#651401 May 26, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real Dave"
350 thousand plus applying for first time unemployment benefits the last umpteen weeks and you say that is 'zer'? As The old adage goes, "Liars figure and figures lie. Also why if the claims for unemployment were reduced to 'zer' why has the unemployment rate went up?
Peace
KMA
I knew t.

I took my time to post an explanation on what this number represents ans you still post this crock of sh*t.

You are the biggest idiot on this thread. Bigger than Fred.

My God you are stupid.

When those 350,000 lost their jobs, how may found jobs.

In good economic times,how many people are losing jobs while others are landing jobs?

But Noooo. You are too f*cking stupid top get it.

YO, Are all you right wingers this f*cking stupid???????
1 post removed

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#651403 May 26, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, you obviously think itís just peachy to use racial, ethnic, religious or sexual slurs.
Figures.
Slurs and political correctness are two different things.

PC scares people. It does nothing but prevent discussions about reality.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#651404 May 26, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Anger toward you? Nah. Pity? Yah.
I now know why you changed your avatar to a blank screen, you are a blank, a phoney liar.
As usual you tell a lie, I never said Bush had his veto pen taken away, I said he lost his veto pen and said screw you America.
"nutsucker" please keep it up, your ignorance is amusing.
Peace
KMA
PS: When you used the word 'lerned' what did you mean?
And you have a blank screen because you're so transparent? ;P
1 post removed

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#651406 May 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only 4 in the afternoon and you're hitting the bottle again!
This is serious.
Try having fun with it. Hold a lit candle in front of your mouth and blow your vodka mist breath onto it.....
Gee, you're beginning to sound a lot more like namE, but then I don't respond to him either...it was you, not I, that mentioned a thread for twelve-year-olds; keep trying, "shinning" tree dweller, IQ59 keeps trying to be your BFF...

Location hidden

#651407 May 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew t.
I took my time to post an explanation on what this number represents ans you still post this crock of sh*t.
You are the biggest idiot on this thread. Bigger than Fred.
My God you are stupid.
When those 350,000 lost their jobs, how may found jobs.
In good economic times,how many people are losing jobs while others are landing jobs?
But Noooo. You are too f*cking stupid top get it.
YO, Are all you right wingers this f*cking stupid???????
Fact: Less people are working now than were working when Obama became president.

Fact: Almost twice as many are receiving food stamps.

Fact: People dependent on government sustenance vote democrat.

Question: Why do you support that type of government?
MEMORIAL DAY PART I

Pleasant City, OH

#651408 May 26, 2012
In April 1863, in Columbus, Mississippi, after decorating graves of her two sons who died representing their beloved south-land, an elderly woman walked to two mounds of dirt at the corner of the cemetery to place memorial flowers there also. "What are you doing?" friends shouted, "Those are the graves of two union soldiers." Softly that compassionate mother said, "I know. I also know that somewhere in the North, a mother or a young wife mourns for them as we do for ours."
That loving deed set in motion our celebration which has become known as Memorial Day. We honor the war dead once a year, but their sacrifice is evident every single day of the year! Today, we want to honor the memory of all those who have sacrificed their lives on the altar of freedom. Those thousands of sacrificed lives were not given in vain! Because of their sacrifice, we are free today and have the right to assemble ourselves together and worship our God. Think of the numbers of those who died to preserve the freedoms we enjoy today:
Revolutionary War 25,324
Civil War 498,332
World War I 116,710
World War II 407,316
Korean War 54,546
Vietnam War 58,098
First Gulf War 293
Iraq War 819
Today, I do not want to diminish the sacrifice and service of those men and women who have served our nation so faithfully and so valiantly, but I want to talk about one great Soldier. This great Soldier stepped onto a harsh battlefield one day. He took up arms and entered the fight knowing that it would cost Him everything. This Soldier bravely entered that battlefield and won a great victory, but at a terrible price. This Great Soldier gave His life, not for a nation, but for all humanity. His was not a life given in vain, but the sacrifice of His life served to set free the captives of sin.
For the child of God, Every Day Is Memorial Day. We need to remember the sacrifice of Heavenís Greatest Soldier. Today, let us remember a man named Jesus and the sacrifice He made for us all.
The verse before us today is probably and ancient hymn of the early church. In its six short stanzas, it tells us all about the Gospel of grace. I would like to look at this brief, but powerful song. I want to share three great blessings that are made plain through its words. Letís look at this verse together and as we do, I want to tell you why I say that Every Day Is Memorial Day.
I. MAY WE ALWAYS REMEMBER HIS APPEARING
(Ill. The phrase,ďGod was manifest in the fleshĒ reminds us of one of the greatest events in human history. It reminds us of the moment when the Creator, God Himself, stepped out of eternity into time and came into this world as a human baby.)
MEMORIAL DAY PART II

Pleasant City, OH

#651409 May 26, 2012
A. Jesus Laid Aside His Heavenly Address Ė Like every soldier who has ever served in the armed forces, when Jesus came to this earth, He also left His home. He had, from all eternity, lived in Heaven. He had existed in a place of perfection, free from sin, pain, suffering and sorrow. He originated in a land where He was exalted, honored and worshiped. Yet, He willingly left all that behind to enter this sin cursed, hate filled world. He came to a world where even those who had longed for his appearing would reject Him, John 1:11. He came to a land where He would be ridiculed, hated and killed. Yet, He came anyway! God came to the earth and He robed Himself in human flesh, John 1:1; 14. He lived as a man among men and died as a man to redeem man from his sins! May we never forget that our Savior is no ordinary man, but He is God in human flesh!Friends over 1.1 million men and women have died to guarantee our freedom as Americans. They gave their all so that we might enjoy all the blessings of this great land. Today, we honor they memory and their sacrifice. Thank God for every one of them.
But, I would remind you that Every Day Is Memorial Day! Why? One day Heavenís greatest Soldier came to this earth and died to give us eternal freedom from the penalty, power and presence of sin. Thank God for His unspeakable gift! May we, the redeemed, never forget Who Jesus is, what He has done for us, and where He is taking us some day!
Oh friend, are you ready to meet Him? Are your sins under the blood today? Have you been to Calvary and trusted Jesus as your personal Savior? If you havenít, then I invite you to come to Jesus, bow before Him and claim Him as your Savior!
If you are saved, maybe you need to get before Him and tell Him how much you love him for all that He has done for you. He is worthy of our praise and of all the worship and glory we can offer to Him. What a Savior!

Location hidden

#651410 May 26, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>

More debt than y any other President
FALSE!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
What a load of bunk. Ever heard of baseline budgeting? That chart is a perfect example of fun with numbers.

Then again, if you want to stick with saddling all the stimulus debt on Bush, you'll have to now give him all the credit for "saving the economy" like your side has been crediting the Obama stimulus with doing.
2 posts removed
John Galt

Spring, TX

#651413 May 26, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, you obviously think itís just peachy to use racial, ethnic, religious or sexual slurs.
Figures.
Slurs exist primarily in the eye of the beholder and very few are universally accepted as slurs.
1 post removed
John Galt

Spring, TX

#651415 May 26, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
We could begin by you learning to discern the difference between weather and climate.
Ask a 5th grader.
The only thing you know about fifth graders is show-and-tell sexual intercourse.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#651416 May 26, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.
What, King Abdullah is a Catholic?
'W' bowed to accept a medal from a MUSLIM KING!!!!
Sigh..........

I'll get on the elementary level with you, maybe you can comprehend a bit better:

GW Bush leaned forward only to allow a medal to be put around his neck.

He never, EVER showed subservience or allegience to a freakin MUSLIM KING.

Why? Because GW Bush is not a MUSLIM.

When in the presence of a MUSLIM King, another "inferior" MUSLIM always bows when acknowledged by the MUSLIM King.

Did I speak plain enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Huckabee to revive his talk show on TBN 8 min what 8
News James Comey fired as FBI director 8 min swampmudd 2,793
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Earl 240,966
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 15 min anonymous 23
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 20 min Soros King Maker 40
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 26 min Sandra 424
News Donald Trump not swayed by G-7 leaders on Paris... 30 min BUILDTHATWALL 3
Reparations? democrats Pay Up... 40 min Chilli J 65
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Vlad 2,638
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Just call me Abe 3 270,338
More from around the web