Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496342 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

“God bless you Goerge W. Bush”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#650169 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
When GW Bush left office, the economy nearly crashed. Even after the March 2009 bail-outs, we've been on life support, thanks to the GOP.
Do you really think bailing out GM, AIG and the major banks was going to be cheap? Not to mention millions of Americans out of work and in need of unemployment benefits.
Think again.
We all know the simulus failed, so what makes you think keeping two awful companies like GM and AIG was worth it?

Solyndra and all the other waste of money venture capitale efforts by Obama is not good for our contry in the long run - waste of taxpayer money, disp$hit.
4 posts removed
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#650174 May 25, 2012
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell tonight threw a wet blanket on Sean Hannity's longtime obsession with attacking President Obama over Reverend Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers.

During an interview with Powell on his Fox News show, Hannity said that he finds Obama to be "one of the most divisive figures in -- that I've witnessed in politics today."

Powell responded: "[T]hat's a term that's being used rather freely. I don't think he's that divisive an issue." Powell then asked, "What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say,'We're going to destroy him. We're going to destroy him'?"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205230002
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#650175 May 25, 2012
CNN's Ruben Navarrette: Limbaugh's Claim That Minorities Seek Payback From Whites Is "Nonsense," A "Paranoid Fantasy"

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201205240021
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#650176 May 25, 2012
Colin Powell Brushes Away Hannity’s Attack Dogs

“I don't know Bill Ayers from the man in the moon. Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright are just passing things through his life.…Everybody tries to make it the defining issue of the 2008 campaign. And guess what, the American people heard it, they heard all the attacks, they heard all the things that were said about the Reverend Wright issue… and they elected him president.”

http://www.newshounds.us/colin_powell_brushes...
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#650177 May 25, 2012
A Case Study in Right-Wing Media Malpractice from Breitbart.com

For Breitbart.com , the decision to commit substantial editorial resources to the president's past had an immediate opportunity cost: there'd be fewer pieces on his first term in office and less opportunity to present arguments about why conservative policies would better serve the country. The decision seemed strange to me. Conservative media was around during the 2008 election. Was there really relevant information that they'd failed to uncover at the time? And while President Obama surprised civil libertarians with his governing choices, weren't the things conservatives hated about him -- the health-care bill, the Keynesian stimulus, the "green jobs" program -- basically exactly what you'd expect from the campaign he ran, or from any liberal Democrat?

Now we need not speculate about Breitbart.com 's coverage decision. With the opportunity cost in mind, we can look at the fruits of "The Vetting" so far. I submit that this line of coverage has been an utter waste of time, whether measured for its impact on GOP electoral chances or advancing conservative ideas or holding politicians accountable via the media.....

....They are hardly the only conservative media organizations squandering their resources. How many hours of conservative attention did various birthers waste? Having moved on from Birtherism, WorldNetDaily is now trying to prove that love letters attributed to a young Obama were actually ghostwritten for him. Glenn Beck has spun too many conspiracy theories about the president to count. I've lost track of how many National Review writers have truncated an Obama quote on America exceptionalism to assert that he took a position opposite of what he actually said. One of their staffers, Andy McCarthy, wrote a book asserting that Obama leads the left in its alliance with our Islamist enemy in a grand jihad against America. And that's just the beginning.

On Twitter yesterday, conservative journalist John Tabin took issue with my argument that these pathologies, common to many (though not all) conservative media outlets, are one obstacle to a conservatism that focuses on and achieves the passage of reform legislation on taxes, spending, and entitlements. So I'll close by posing a question to him. Breitbart.com is read largely by movement conservatives. Does it help or hurt the conservative cause when they focus on the issues raised in "The Vetting" series?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2... #
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650178 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, trying telling this stuff to Flack or John Galt, they probably have a picture of her on the wall of their bedrooms. Coporations used to have a responsibility to the community, now it's to the stockholders, pretty soon no community and no stockholders.
A few more from the GSA clown ship of party fools-bites the dust.

Good riddance to the TAX PAYER dollar WASTING, govt dredges.

Imagine what all those millions could've done for things like "community" tax paid for schools.

The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready) Party
CAP, Curb, BUDGET, balance, live with in the means and party on yer own flippin' dimes...NOT via fweeriding off the back of OTHER peoples dollars!!!!! LoserTics are as LoserTics does.

Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities.
JEB

United States

#650179 May 25, 2012
Democrats enjoy a slight advantage over their Republican challengers in three key Senate races in Ohio, Florida and Virginia, according to three new NBC-Marist polls released Thursday.
Democrats lead by varying margins in a series of contests that could determine whether Republicans are able to achieve the net-gain of four seats they need to retake control of the Senate if President Barack Obama wins re-election; they need to pick up just three seats if the Democratic incumbent loses.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650180 May 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Hawaii's Verification Of President Obama's Birth
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2012/0...
So sorry Arizona.
Arizona has WAY more, as far as illegal (non) citizenship anchor babies goes, to worry about.

http://immigrationcounters.com/datasource.htm...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650181 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Toni.
I have New York roots. I was born in NYC. And New Yorkers are supposed to be a little more hip and a bit more knowledgeable than the rest of the pack.
Where ever do you get a notion like that?

From some graffiti scrawled on the side of one dem dare subway trams, viewed from the vantage point of standing ghetto-gutter curb side?

Geez lol. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr.

Get freakin' real.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650182 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Shiny.
Let me straighten you out on how things stand on the intellect scale.
Obama is Harvard educated. By comparison, I'm a country bumpkin. But compared to you, I'm a F-ing genius.
Well, there you go, GOP bunny rabbit. Hop along now.
So is ROMNEY...and a whole lottsa uver peeps.

"Raindrops keep fallink up yer nose...."
carol

Orlando, FL

#650183 May 25, 2012
lamile wrote:
I will never vote Obama this time what a mistake I made last time.
Hope dem sees this. He didn't believe me.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#650184 May 25, 2012
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know the simulus failed, so what makes you think keeping two awful companies like GM and AIG was worth it?
Solyndra and all the other waste of money venture capitale efforts by Obama is not good for our contry in the long run - waste of taxpayer money, disp$hit.
1) The stimulus did not fail at all. It lowered the unemployment rate 1 1/2% & helped turn a shrinking economy into a growing one.

2) AIG insured all the financial institutions against certain losses. Bailing out AIG was merely a mechanism to help keep all their clients from failing.

3) We will the bulk of our GM money back. Meanwhile we are not paying for their unemployment or getting stick paying their pension program.

4) Solyndra was a good investment at the time. If you don't know this, you're am idiot.

5) Moving away from oil is nothing but GOOD for this country. Just think if those hundreds of billions that leave our borders every year for oil, could be spent in our economy. We do not have the oil reserves to supply all our oil needs regardless of what the moronic right says.

Newville, PA

#650185 May 25, 2012
Toni wrote:
i cant believe you coons are still dumb enough to still vote for him despite the fact that he ruined the U.S economy(meaning theres no mo gibs muh dats from the gubment thanks to him fucking shit up).this only proves to me that you will only vote fo him because hes a nigguh.tnb at its finest
Go away , we already enough racist f*cks posting here.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650186 May 25, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, a poor student at a second tier college like Occidental can transfer to at top university like Columbia.
The assertion that no one remembers Obama at Columbia is a lie promulgated by Wayne Root who was running for VP in the Libertarian Party and has been debunked.
www.independentpoliticalreport.com/.../jim-da... ...
Even a rabid right winger like Scotty Starnes remembers Obama at Columbia.
scottystarnes.wordpress.com/.../obamas-classm... ...
The majority of lawyers working for large firms never see the inside of a courtroom.
You’re a liar and a total idiot DB.
Especially when there/s a transfer program betwixt colleges.

(and if you wish to call THAT a lie-go ahead-because 'tis straight from O's own book of post Potus "Dreams of..." book.)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650187 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The stimulus did not fail at all. It lowered the unemployment rate 1 1/2% & helped turn a shrinking economy into a growing one.
2) AIG insured all the financial institutions against certain losses. Bailing out AIG was merely a mechanism to help keep all their clients from failing.
3) We will the bulk of our GM money back. Meanwhile we are not paying for their unemployment or getting stick paying their pension program.
4) Solyndra was a good investment at the time. If you don't know this, you're am idiot.
5) Moving away from oil is nothing but GOOD for this country. Just think if those hundreds of billions that leave our borders every year for oil, could be spent in our economy. We do not have the oil reserves to supply all our oil needs regardless of what the moronic right says.
KeyStone Duh a vey?

"We don't need no stinkin' domestic continental oil pipeline" OR other fuel permits.

The GSA will power duh windmills wit all dat party on duh tax payuh dolluh toxic hot air.
Morons4Mitt

Rochester, KY

#650188 May 25, 2012
Mitt will lower taxes even more for the rich to create jobs just like Bush did. hahahahahahaaha!!!!! and you Repubs call us Dems blind sheep. hahhahaha!!!!
JEB

United States

#650189 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope dem sees this. He didn't believe me.
the GOP only talks about overturning Row vs Wade, correct?

Good Morning

Newville, PA

#650190 May 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A jerk who thinks America has 57 states - needs Affirmative Action.
A jerk who smoked dope all through HS and then suddenly wants to go to Colombia and Harvard - needs Affirmative Action.
--- and also needs to have his records locked up as tight as a drum lest the public find out just what a con man he really is.
I guarantee you that a large percentage of Columbia & Harvard Law students smoked dope.

Obama's records are no more hid than Romney's or Bush's.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650191 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away , we already enough racist f*cks posting here.
and bigots-don't forget the bigots!!!
JEB

United States

#650192 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you that a large percentage of Columbia & Harvard Law students smoked dope.
Obama's records are no more hid than Romney's or Bush's.
birthers need something to post now that their cause has gone south?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 min Grumpy 5,784
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Rico from East Lo... 412,483
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Emerald 1,150
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 8 min kuda 121
News New Hampshire Democrat Drops Bid to Head DNC, B... 16 min Retribution 6
News Fearing deportation, undocumented mother seeks ... 16 min HOLLA ISABELLA 87
News Trump voters thrilled with promised action on b... 22 min spud 558
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 3 hr VetnorsGate 2,523
Aren't you scared yet of Trump? 4 hr Here is one 53
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,300
More from around the web