Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251347 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649812 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Actually no John, that would be people like you, Fox News, rightwing bloggers and rightwing talk radio. The will of the people put him on office.
Electoral vote 365 to 173
The popular vote was 69,456,897 to 59,934,814, respectively. Obama received the most votes for a presidential candidate in American history.
Which just goes to so there is a lot of dumbass people in this country!

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649813 May 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty easy when then targt is a NYC Jew shacking up with a black ambulance chaser who is doing her daughter.
That describes our pal, LILY-MAE just perfectly !

LMAO

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#649814 May 24, 2012
Obama a 'Little Flat' in Denver

And 150 people fail to show for fundraiser.

President Obama was in Denver this afternoon for a fundraiser. But the event does not appear to have been quite the success the campaign was hoping for.

According to today's White House pooler, the New York Times's Peter Baker, "The crowd was obviously supportive and glad to see him, though the room at times felt a little flat and Potus seemed a little tired after a long day that’s not even close to being over." (The president has two more fundraisers tonight in California.)

Moreover, the campaign announced that the president "[would] headline a reception for 700 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. General admission tickets started at $500 apiece, though a selected number of Gen44 and Grassroots tickets were available for $250."

The campaign now says, according to the pooler, that only 550 people showed up.
domer_baal_sak

Euless, TX

#649815 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, sorry Carol.
"The first (and should be only) responsibility of any corporation is to its stockholders." - John "Nobama" Galt
"The first (and should be the only) responsibility of any liberal is to its teat that its mouth is attached to." Every liberal on the planet.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649816 May 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
neocons often Jewish and your views seem similar to that other guy
Correct. Neocons are former Jewish liberals who came to realize that the Democrat Party was selling out Israel to the Muslims.

Many American Jews remain liberals because they have short memories and think guys like Obama are their buddies. Very stupid. Tough shit for them.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649817 May 24, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish, ignorant people will post their own thoughts, then try passing them off on someone else.
The vulgar little fella 'dem' isn't even smart enough to realize that's what he's doing.
I bet he drools. LOL!
"dem" with the microscopic d is just a black racist liberal frothing at the mouth when he gets the smackdown put on him !

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649818 May 24, 2012
Well the lawn should be dry by now. About over all this rain. Have just enough time to mow it before the softball game. LATER!!!

Location hidden

#649819 May 24, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Pay their own way? Honor their own obligations? To misquote, "People are corporations, my friend."
As expected you're answer is vague. Specify these responsibilities you claim corporations owe to the community.

Maybe you can use Solyndra as an example?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#649820 May 24, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore I take it you are voting for Romney; he can speed up the process of bankruptcy and make a handful richer than ever and fools like you think you'll benefit from it. The Ryan plan eliminates Medicare with a voucher program requiring the elderly to go shopping for insurance with a $6000 voucher. The ones with their hands out are the corporations and the billionaires; like Joe Rickets, oh yes, who rails against entitlments! Has $10 million to spend to lie about the President; and then, wants the state of Illinois to pay for Wrigley Field for his Chicago Cubs? Oh please, I hope that Rahm Emmanual tells him to gf himself.
You rightwingers are such damn fools it's not even funny.
"silly"
As to I am voting for, it is really none of your business, but I will tell you this, It will not be for the loser currently occupying the oval office, nobama. I am sure that does not surprize you.
To respond to some of your nonsense. You know and I know the Ryan plan is going no where. Just fear mongering on your part. That being said both Social Security and Medicare need adjustments, long term neither plan is sustainable. As to the city of Chicago paying for Wrigley Field improvements that will be up to the folks of Chicago, not you, not me. Mr. Ricketts has every right to spend his monies as he sees fit. As to Rahm telling someone to gf himself, that,s about all he has, a big mouth.
I will say you are all knowing, all who disagree with you are;
- dummies
- damn fools
- idiots
- morans
I am all so sure that you have additional names for those who disagree with you. Your right to opine as you wish, but you would like to see Mr. Limbaugh off the air, Fox News shut down, Hannity and O'Rielly in prison.
Peace
PS: No work today, still up about 5:30 AM, pooped, showered and shaved. Lite breakfast. Read the newspaper, worked the crosswords, or should say I tried, the NY Times crossword was more than I was up to. Checked my e-mail, put in a order for my wife and logged on to topix by 8:00 AM. In about an hour I will be off to Jack and Dan's for a couple of ice cold Kokanee Golds and a good ole BS session. Hope you have a grate day!!!
3 posts removed

Spokane, WA

#649824 May 24, 2012
flack wrote:
The stupidity of government:
New U.S. claims for unemployment benefits fell slightly last week, government data on Thursday showed, suggesting the labor market continues to expand at a moderate rate.
Here's the good part:
Initial claims for unemployment benefits slipped 2,000 to a seasonally adjusted 370,000, the Labor Department said. The prior week's figure was revised upward 2,000 to 372,000 from the previously reported 370,000.
Only the government and libtards can be this stupid!!!
"flack"
Lets see near 750 thousand out of a job in the last two weeks, no problem. After all 115,000 new jobs were created last month.
Peace

Location hidden

#649825 May 24, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you'll hear from the libs is crickets chirping........silence.
LOL!

Well, I really didn't expect an answer.

Gotta get ready to go to work. See ya later!
1 post removed
wakeupsmelltheco ffee

Oviedo, FL

#649827 May 24, 2012
LOL wrote:
... two budgets in four years.
mmm ... mmm ... mmm
Obama and the Democrats have more important things to do like save the rest of the world from their difficulties. Obama is more concerned with his legacy and getting on Mt. Rushmore then he is about the country he was elected to represent.
2 posts removed

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649830 May 24, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
As expected you're answer is vague. Specify these responsibilities you claim corporations owe to the community.
Maybe you can use Solyndra as an example?
Gee........why do you suppose the liberals here aren't talking about Solyndra? Or Fast & Furious ?
2 posts removed

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649833 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
using race as an insult?
Careful you stupid hillbilly bitch or I'll send u packing again.
Got it?
How pathetic.

I'm waiting.
1 post removed

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649835 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
using race as an insult?
Careful you stupid hillbilly bitch or I'll send u packing again.
Got it?
Doesn't take long for you black ghetto trash types to spew out the vulgar & obscene language now does it?

Soooooo predictable.

And laughable !

Spokane, WA

#649836 May 24, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Romney is already intimately tied to the for-profit college industry. Inside Higher Ed noted that two of his advisers “have lobbied on behalf of the Apollo Group, the parent company of the University of Phoenix.” On the campaign trail, Romney has effusively praised Full Sail University, a for-profit institution. And it seems that his policy platform would be a boon to this industry which is, in many instances, extremely predatory.
http://thinkprogress.org/...
Anyone who is in college, or planning to attend college, or any parent who has a kid in college is totally ficked if this vulture gets in the White House.
"silly"
You are correct. In this state tuition at state colleges and universities will go up double digits for the 4 th. straight year, 16% each of the last two years. All under the leadership of democrats, democrat governor, democrat senate and a democrat house. Who's at fault? Gotta be republicans, democrats would never allow increases like that.
Peace

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649837 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
great math you old piece of shit.
See what I mean?????

LMAO

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649838 May 24, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Well, I really didn't expect an answer.
Gotta get ready to go to work. See ya later!
Have a good afternoon !
4 posts removed

Spokane, WA

#649843 May 24, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in PA Gov Corbett & his Republican legislature has drastically cut education spending while handing out tax cuts to corporations. Not just k-12, but colleges & universities saying that too many kids go to college.
This is dumbass Republican thinking. Hand money to corporate America on the backs of school children.
Schools are piling more kids into classrooms, cutting programs like music, arts, foreign language & are forced to raise property taxes on elderly Americans on fixed incomes.
"Real Dave"
One more time you are correct. This state controlled by democrats for umpteen years was recently advised by the courts were not complying with the edict to properly fund public schools. So what has happened? The value of my home has decreased by $70,000 plus and my property taxes have went up. Sounds like dumbass democrat policies. I do not expect you to agree and I know what your response will be, it is Bush's fault.
Peace
KMA
2 posts removed

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#649846 May 24, 2012
juvenal wrote:
Obama gives movie makers 'dibs' on Seal team and OBL mission....
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press...
Hollywood can get classified docs...
Public can't see Obama's college transcripts...
They gotta make sure that "movie" comes out before december.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min freebird 332,816
News Trump - what the village idiot says about the v... 3 min LeDuped 459
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Belle Sexton 60,547
News Putin Is Winning: EU Backs Away From Ukraine Tr... (Oct '14) 5 min Hue 103
News Bernie Sanders Draws Big Crowd to Wisconsin Rally 6 min arcanaknight 22
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques Ottawa 192,164
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min LeDuped 186,266
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 13 min woodtick57 147
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 23 min Orchestration 66
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 30 min woodtick57 557
More from around the web