Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405945 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#649978 May 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any liberal concerned about American jobs should never buy an Apple product.
I agree. I was not aware when I bought mine. They like the plant that makes this in China. They employ thousands who stay in dormitories. If they need to make something fast, they wake them up, bus them to the factory & make them work.

When I need to replace it, I will look for a comparable US made computer.

I may be a liberal but I firmly believe in buy American when there is a comparable product available.

I wonder, you you go to Walmart & buy something cheap that is made in China, or do you buy a more expensive US brand name product that they had made in China & stuck their name it?

I will pay more for the "Made in the USA" label.
John Galt

Spring, TX

#649979 May 24, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Are you even human? No heart for those families who need those jobs? No concern for your fellow American?
That is whats wrong in not just the world but here in America...every one has become selfish and centered on what goodies they can get all for themselves!
I hope your not a christian...if you are I highly suggest you go read What Jesus said about these end days in Matthew 24!
The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant
Matthew: 45 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart,‘My master is delaying his coming,’[g] 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
here look at how young folks can't even get work...yeah that's a huge problem!
Headline:Unemployment levels to hit 17-year high as number of young people out of work tops ONE MILLION for the first time
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20470...
Businesses have a responsibility to maximize profit for the benefit of both their shareholders AND their employees. If the business loses money, everyone loses their job.

Businesses are not charities that employ excessive personnel needlessly.

As for your Bible quotes, save them for someone who cares.

The solution for the unemployed is to kick Obama out on his ass so that the economy can grow.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#649980 May 24, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they stream never ends.
The stream of dumbass right wingers.
Let it up to this right winger to be too stupid to understand what equal pay for equal work means.
It means that women & men get paid the same f they are do the same work, same responsibilities.
It does not mean that the average pay for women in an organization must equal the average pay for men.
Twist & spin

Distract & deflect

And just plain out LIE.

Predictable.
John Galt

Spring, TX

#649981 May 24, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You can google Hewlitt-Packard cuts to learn that many of the cuts will be achieved through normal retirements, transfers etc. and the process will take two years or more ending in 2014 if things go as planned.
That is why I asked earlier if our pal Flack had read the entire article or simply the headline and I forget how he responded because I really don't give a fuk about him any more or most others here. This thread went to shyte about 5 minutes after DB showed up and my life is much better for staying away.
I do read a little here and there, you and a few others, for old times sake.
Nobody will miss your pompous crap.
JEB

United States

#649982 May 24, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
Who is the F-in Fruitcake who put stupid ratings on mu F-in posts?
who got da nerve to be so F-in rude on here without reading the links first!
a few fruit cakes pass as republicans.
One posts homosexual posts ten times a day.
John Galt

Spring, TX

#649983 May 24, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"In most states, the issue of public education is considered in the constitution of the state.The Pennsylvania State Constitution addresses public education in Article III, Section 14 which states:
Section 14. Public School System
The General Assembly shall provide for the maintenance and support of a thorough and efficient system of public education to serve the needs of the Commonwealth."
http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/edu/ed370...
Now, if you have an honest bone in your body, you can tell everyone how the schools are actually controlled and funded.
JEB

United States

#649984 May 24, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you looking it up at rnc.com ?
That's probably why your definition isn't the same as economists'.
BTW, change your name liar!
if you attend a gathering of real republicans these types would not be welcome

Newville, PA

#649985 May 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, understood.
So that means that these Democrats hire women primarily as secretaries and go-fers and not for responsible positions.
Got it.
Not true at all.

You have so many higher paying positions. They could be equally male & female. But assistants & secretaries are more likely women. They don't make as much & pull the averages down.

I guess they could fire all the women secretaries & hire all men then the average for women would be higher.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#649986 May 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
the republican whine ;-)
Good Morning hope you are enjoying good health
Just the facts, ma'm:
S Budget Deficits
http://www.fms.treas.gov/index.html
2002 FY Budget Deficit $158 Billion
2003 FY Budget Deficit $365 Billion
2004 FY Budget Deficit $412 Billion
2005 FY Budget Deficit $319 Billion
2006 FY Budget Deficit $248 Billion
2007 FY Budget Deficit $161 Billion
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012FY Budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2103 proposed $900 billion
1 post removed
F M Jerry

Savannah, GA

#649988 May 24, 2012
Someone says I'm nuts about just balancing dopamine in order to solve Parkinson's ?

Do the reasearch, I have and greedy doctors are just garnishing your valuable money. Your being duped big time by medical professionals like most Americans. It's now all about the money.

Newville, PA

#649989 May 24, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Twist & spin
Distract & deflect
And just plain out LIE.
Predictable.
See what I mean.
1 post removed
juvenal

Blanchard, OK

#649991 May 24, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they stream never ends.
The stream of dumbass right wingers.
Let it up to this right winger to be too stupid to understand what equal pay for equal work means.
It means that women & men get paid the same f they are do the same work, same responsibilities.
It does not mean that the average pay for women in an organization must equal the average pay for men.
2010/2011 data on bachelors degree:
Men: 28.4 %
Women: 27.0 %

Earnings:
Men:$35,179
Women:$23,997

Lewis, K. & Sharps, S.(2010). "The Measure of America 2010-2011". New York, NY: NY University Press.

So these Liberal lawmakers are hiring some crappy female employees as a whole....

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#649992 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
You have two clear cut choices, stick with Obama, continue the recovery, continue to preserve and grow the middle class or go with Romney stop the recovery dead in it's tracks gut the middle class and sell it piece meal off to China.
Rubbish, sober up , Homo.

1 choice, dump the America bankrupting Brokeback clown in the WH.
John Galt

Spring, TX

#649993 May 24, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you looking it up at rnc.com ?
That's probably why your definition isn't the same as economists'.
BTW, change your name liar!
The popular rule-of-thumb started by a 1970s NYT columnist is not the same as the definition, but merely one means of measurement.

Following that rule, we could have year after year of zero growth of GDP and it would not be called a recession.

GFY, Nucular.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#649994 May 24, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. Obama did not go to school as a foreign student.
Quit believing those chain e-mails. They are making you look foolish again.
And really, the only way a black person can get into Columbia or Harvard is through affirmative action you racist POS.
You right wingers just can't help yourselves. You just can't contain those racist tendencies.
Don't tell the morons that all of the colleges he attended are private therefore affirmative action does not apply.

Lets just keep it between us ok?

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#649995 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
If elected Romney and the Republicans will turn a million good paying jobs into 3 million minimum wage jobs and tout 'job growth'.
Romney/Republicans the final death/annihilation of the middle class.
Brokeback Barry hasn't fixed anything:

This “official unemployment rate” has been manipulated throughout the years. The current version does not include discouraged workers (those who stop looking for work, or no longer can qualify for unemployment benefits) and the underemployed (those who take part-time jobs just to get by).

Rep. Duncan D. Hunter, R-Calif., stated in The Washington Times,“The official unemployment rate treats this subset of Americans, totaling as many as 88 million people, as if they just vanished ... call it what it is, an accounting gimmick.”

So What Is the Real Number That Obama Would Prefer You Don’t See?

The real unemployment rate is an eye-opening 22.3%, according to John Williams with Shadow Government Statistics ... nearly triple the “official unemployment rate.”

But as alarming as this number is, certain experts — like Dick Morris, John Bolton, Lou Dobbs, Newt Gingrich, and Larry Kudlow — believe our economic situation could get much, MUCH worse.

Read more: Jobless rate is inaccurate as Obama Plays a Numbers Game

Newville, PA

#649996 May 24, 2012
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Then post a list of the equality in this administration when it comes to womans salaries.
The contrary is well documented.
This is not contrary at all.

Its stupid.

I'm betting that you can't find a case in the White House where there is not equal pay for equal work.

Otherwise you dumbass right wingers wouldn't have had to come up with this lame average concept.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#649997 May 24, 2012
One of Brokeback barry's biggest lies:

Breaking News for Black America

Friday, May 18
Home > Nation > He’s Back! Rev. Wright Says He Was Offered Hush Money By Obama Camp
He’s Back! Rev. Wright Says He Was Offered Hush Money By Obama Camp
May 13, 2012
By Kirsten West Savali

L-R: President Barack Obama, Rev. Jeremiah WrightIt’s election time and that means Reverend Jeremiah Wright is back on the scene. In 2008, the retired pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago caused a maelstrom of controversy for then Senator Barack Obama as he fought Hillary Clinton in a furious battle for the Democratic nomination for president. Now, after being “betrayed” by his long-time church member and friend, Wright decided to confide in Edward Klein, author of the unauthorized Obama biography,“The Amateur,” that the Obama camp attempted to bribe him out of the pulpit via email.

Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com ? LIKE Us On Facebook!

The New York Post reports:

“Who sent the e-mail?”[Klein] asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

“He offered you money?”

“Not directly,” Wright said.“He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

“How much money did he offer you?”

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”

“Yes,” Wright said.“Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said,‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

“And one of the first things Barack said was,‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said,‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#649998 May 24, 2012
new yawk wrote:
I don't find anything funny in this joke carol.
Perhaps it's an inside joke between you and your abuser. Nothing remotely funny. And you need to stop allowing tenzing to verbally abuse and disrespect you. It isn't very dignifying.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Interupting cow.
Interupting---
MOO!
---cow who?
Love this joke.
Where did the time go? Guess I'll have to catch up tomorrow.
tenzing wrote:
NewYawk thought I was calling them an "interupting cow".
Hmmm, guess that could be pretty offensive.
Oh well, no place for the squeemish.
I didn't need to "think".
You posted those words to me in error. They were meant to "benefit" carol. Though don't know how your verbal abuse benefits her. And being such a pompous arse, you had to back pedal to cover your A$$. Stop Lying, you impotent dybbuk!!
Wow, I've seen a lot of stupid on here but you're right up there.

Think I just found a new BFF for Floriduh.
Hey Pal

United States

#649999 May 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Businesses have a responsibility to maximize profit for the benefit of both their shareholders AND their employees. If the business loses money, everyone loses their job.
Businesses are not charities that employ excessive personnel needlessly.
As for your Bible quotes, save them for someone who cares.
The solution for the unemployed is to kick Obama out on his ass so that the economy can grow.
I never made the claim that Businesses were or should be charity's for worker's and there families.
I'm just saying that if N.A.F.T.A. back in the 90's would have not been passed with Bill Clinton...Then maybe American Jobs would be still strong in America...but when companies can get slave workers for 25 cents an hour and make items for pennies on the dollar and sell them right back here in America for cheap at local Walmarts and others that should be a problem do you agree?

Video headline: President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA

all a bunch of bullshit bill says here...it ruined America!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 1 min Mite Be 310
News Trump bounces into the lead 4 min DP Cassie 298
News Michelle Obama and children arrive in Dublin (Jun '13) 6 min Miltonian Sweden... 14
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 8 min southern at heart 1,144
News Initial Brexit shock is hurting UK _ but sparin... 11 min kuda 24
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 12 min Add 6,138
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Jonah1 15,016
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 13 min NotSoDivineMsM 5,720
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min Cheech the Conser... 391,594
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min Skylar 233,555
More from around the web